NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    less we forget the ownership of the flyers...

and the comcast country sign inside the wachovia. disgusting

A freind of mine works for Comcast in Philly. He got me in the luxury box for Flyers/Canes before Halloween at the Spectrum :lol:

i was at that game 6-1 good guys. sect 112, row 5, seat 4 directly across the canes locker room tunnel. i could look right down the tunnel. pretty cool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    less we forget the ownership of the flyers...

and the comcast country sign inside the wachovia. disgusting

A freind of mine works for Comcast in Philly. He got me in the luxury box for Flyers/Canes before Halloween at the Spectrum :lol:

i was at that game 6-1 good guys. row 6 directly across the canes locker room tunnel. i could look right down the tunnel. pretty cool

I was distracted by the flowing fountain of nacho cheese in the suite. By the way 81...you might want to check out the merch section of the Mustache Movement thread. There have been some additions ;)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    .............sigh.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Well at least we won't get swept. Hopefully the Hawks are getting into Luongo's head.
    Everyone's confidence that it'd be over tonight really had me nervous... Never count your chickens before they hatch! I've been nervous all day... If last year was any indication, anything can happen :(
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    haffajappa wrote:
    Everyone's confidence that it'd be over tonight really had me nervous... Never count your chickens before they hatch! I've been nervous all day... If last year was any indication, anything can happen :(

That's what I keep telling myself. Anything can happen! Looking forward to game 5 on Thursday...
    Was listening to the end of the game on the radio... or trying to anyways.
    Kind of hard to hear Shorty with all the idiot Blackhawk fans in the background heckling management.

Verrrrry classy.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    haffajappa wrote:

i wasnt confident at all. sweeping the champs in their own builiding? not gonna happen. game 5, here we come.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    haffajappa wrote:

That's what I keep telling myself. Anything can happen! Looking forward to game 5 on Thursday...
    i would be too except i'm on a flight and apparently united hasnt joined the 21st century with live tv or wifi (for my flight anyways) :(
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thank you Mark Purdy...feel free to be an asshat anytime :lol::mrgreen:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    haffajappa wrote:

Honestly, there is a part of me that would love to see what Toronto would be like if you guys won a cup. It would be insane. Leafs fans are a dedicated bunch, even if it looks like the lower bowl at ACC is more of a boardroom than a hockey rink (not the fans’ fault!)….If Vancouver wins it, I will graciously (and grudgingly) congratulate my friends, and wish I was a part of the party…But it would be masochistic for me to cheer for them – the abuse I will take from my brother in law and BC friends will be unbearable. Conversely…I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh if/when they choke again ;)
    The leafs would have to make the playoffs to have a chance at winning.
    Maybe you guys can start with that before considering if the 'nucks will choke.
    ;)
    :lol:...you know what's extra, extra sad? I cheer for the team that's finished in last place two years in a row...but I'd way rather be an Oil fan than a Leaf fan, for obvious reasons ;)

I missed the game, but have watched all the post game talk....yikes! :o Curious to see how your guys bounce back. A convincing win could be the turning point for the whole playoffs...another loss, and the self doubt will eat em up!
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I don't think I'll ever be able to take the Sharks seriously as a Cup contender. Clearly Nabokov wasn't their problem. It's the no-show top line and the defense.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    bye Niemi :lol::lol::mrgreen:
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    haffajappa wrote:
    .............sigh.

+1 :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    haffajappa wrote:
    .............sigh.

Luongo should have been pulled after the 3rd or 4th goal. I think leaving him in for 6 was a bad move by your coach. Getting peppered like that probably did nothing to help his confidence. You gotta get him out, let him recover from whatever was bothering him, let Schneider do mop-up duty, and move on.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    MFCarissa wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    .............sigh.

Luongo should have been pulled after the 3rd or 4th goal. I think leaving him in for 6 was a bad move by your coach. Getting peppered like that probably did nothing to help his confidence. You gotta get him out, let him recover from whatever was bothering him, let Schneider do mop-up duty, and move on.

You are not wrong :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    GO LA! wow they are surprising me.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I don't think I'll ever be able to take the Sharks seriously as a Cup contender. Clearly Nabokov wasn't their problem. It's the no-show top line and the defense.

Who can take anyone in those god awful teal sweaters seriously? No respectable sports franchise wears teal...I'm looking at you too Miami Dolphins.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Game Day. My Broom Is Ready.

You can put your broom away...just brutal tonight.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZDE9H3_vU

I am not really sure why he was even penalized, Seabrook was about to play the puck and did not appear his elbows were up. Sure Seabrook had his head turned, but it was not a blind side hit, it's a rough game, it's Seabrook's responsibility to keep his head. Sure Torres went back their to rattle him and a good hockey player would, he didn't try to injure him.

agree ... haha

as for the cheering for other teams ... it comes down to this:

i am a hockey fan ... my team sucks the balls ... i love playoff hockey ... it's the best game out there ... i need to cheer for some team ... mainly that's decided annually by what players i get in my playoff pools ... hahaha ... but in general, i cheer for other canadian teams because in the past - it was slightly harder for canadian teams to compete because of the disparity in the US/Can dollar and taxation ... now - not so much ... still, i think there are only a few cities that match the passion canadian fans have for hockey so, i'd rather have Vancouver win ... i don't hate teams ... there are some players i hate but in general - i don't hate teams ... that's just stupid ... i think lindros once said that "what happens on the ice stays on the ice ... and that there is a general comraderie amongst hockey players ... that there aren't many guys in the league he wouldn't share a beer with" ... some of us take sport like it's war with another country ...

I guess I like to cheer for the Canadian teams, for me I started cheering for the Canadian teams when I saw how easily the NHL let Winnipeg and Quebec leave and when the RIM guy tried to buy Phoenix and I think Nashville the fight that took place. I'm still a little confused as to why the NHL rejected him...he has pockets full of cash. But that matters little, it is looking like Winnipeg might get the Coyotes back :thumbup:.

I'd even cheer for the Maple Leafs if they'd just make the playoffs, hehehe.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

haffajappa wrote:

Honestly, there is a part of me that would love to see what Toronto would be like if you guys won a cup. It would be insane. Leafs fans are a dedicated bunch, even if it looks like the lower bowl at ACC is more of a boardroom than a hockey rink (not the fans’ fault!)….If Vancouver wins it, I will graciously (and grudgingly) congratulate my friends, and wish I was a part of the party…But it would be masochistic for me to cheer for them – the abuse I will take from my brother in law and BC friends will be unbearable. Conversely…I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh if/when they choke again ;)
    The leafs would have to make the playoffs to have a chance at winning.
    Maybe you guys can start with that before considering if the 'nucks will choke.
    ;)
    :lol:...you know what's extra, extra sad? I cheer for the team that's finished in last place two years in a row...but I'd way rather be an Oil fan than a Leaf fan, for obvious reasons ;)

I missed the game, but have watched all the post game talk....yikes! :o Curious to see how your guys bounce back. A convincing win could be the turning point for the whole playoffs...another loss, and the self doubt will eat em up!
    ugh, scariest 2 words to me... "turning point"
    brings back another 3 words, "cloutier: blue line"
    fml.

GO CANUCKS!
    I'll be cheering from miles up in the air!
    Most stressful flight, ever.
    The person I'm going with actually works at Rogers Arena and is behind the scenes all the time. Stressful for both of us! EEK!
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I guess I like to cheer for the Canadian teams, for me I started cheering for the Canadian teams when I saw how easily the NHL let Winnipeg and Quebec leave and when the RIM guy tried to buy Phoenix and I think Nashville the fight that took place. I'm still a little confused as to why the NHL rejected him...he has pockets full of cash. But that matters little, it is looking like Winnipeg might get the Coyotes back :thumbup:.

On cbc tonight they said something about a last-ditch effort to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix...sounds like it would fail...but how cruel would it be to Winnipeg if they stayed in AZ now? ugh...

as for Basillie vs the NHL....I am not as informed as some on this topic...I think it's about egos, and the maple leaf monopoly of S.Ontario...but I could be wrong.
    haffajappa wrote:
    ugh, scariest 2 words to me... "turning point"
    brings back another 3 words, "cloutier: blue line"
    fml.

You're still up 3-1, I wouldn't get yourself thinking Cloutier quite yet :lol: And hey...enjoy the nerves, wouldn't be so bad having a team in the playoffs ;)

I hadn't seen the score when I turned on the TV...first thing I heard was Millbury say that the Sisters looked 'alarmingly cautious'....then I saw the score. damn.
    I'm guessing they're cuddling and consoling right now, tryin to figure out how to not get hurt in game 6

25639_385769155684_574820684_4347481_2211933_s.jpg
    (sorry, it had to make an appearance in this thread ;) )
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:

lukin, those markets failed and eventually couldn't make status quo, you know that. NHL didn't let jim basille by the coyotes cause he woulda move them to hamilton and we all know how precious the leafs are to the nhl :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    lukin2006 wrote:

The problem with Balsielle is he didnt go through the proper channels and he wanted to move a team to where the NHL doesnt want/need a team without approval. A move to Hamilton would impede on the Leafs and Sabres' market so they say. Balsielle wanted to try to find loopholes and use public outcry against the NHL, which didnt do him any favors.
    Not sure if I completely agree with the NHL... just because they are short on very wealthy owners that stabalize teams. They are constantly running around and putting out fires. However, they are right on that Balsielle is a grade a douchebag.
    lukin2006 wrote:

On cbc tonight they said something about a last-ditch effort to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix...sounds like it would fail...but how cruel would it be to Winnipeg if they stayed in AZ now? ugh...

as for Basillie vs the NHL....I am not as informed as some on this topic...I think it's about egos, and the maple leaf monopoly of S.Ontario...but I could be wrong.

I used to think it was just Toronto, but I now think it could have been trying to protect Buffalo, how many people from that area go to Buffalo games? Were they mot in bankruptcy not that long ago? With Toronto Basillie would have had to pay them some money, but in the end Toronto would probably still sell out.

I just don't understand the NHL, he has deep pockets, wanted to put a team in densely populated region.

metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

lukin, those markets failed and eventually couldn't make status quo, you know that. NHL didn't let jim basille by the coyotes cause he woulda move them to hamilton and we all know how precious the leafs are to the nhl :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

It ain't the leafs they are protecting, it's Buffalo. The NHL now owns the coyotes they probably should just and shrink the league to 24 teams anyways. The problem with the American market most of those teams only draw well when the team is winning, just look at the Islanders, one of the most successful expansion franchises at one time.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it seemed that brutal too many men on the ice called turned that game around for chicago ...

can't believe san jose came back ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    lukin2006 wrote:

I used to think it was just Toronto, but I now think it could have been trying to protect Buffalo, how many people from that area go to Buffalo games? Were they mot in bankruptcy not that long ago? With Toronto Basillie would have had to pay them some money, but in the end Toronto would probably still sell out.

I just don't understand the NHL, he has deep pockets, wanted to put a team in densely populated region.

the reason Buffalo was in bankrupcy wasnt the fault of the fans. It was that the team was owned by corporate felons who's house of cards collapsed. There was a lull in attendance through that 2-3 year period because the team was gutted, owned by the NHL, and the situation was depressing to be around... but every other era in Sabres history has been attended very well, win or lose. They have missed the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years, and were looking like one of the worst teams in the league this season, and they still have 16K season ticket holders (with a large waiting list) and sell out most games. I would say Buffalo and Minnesota are loyal markets win or lose.

The past ownership group counted every possible incoming penny. They were probably very opposed to Hamilton's entry into the league. The new owner probably doesnt concern himself that much with it.