NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:
    stoked for the Boston Montreal game today @ 4. It's not April without this match up. Can't wait. I love playoff hockey!
    in the comments section of the Metro today someone had written in saying it was disgusting the Canucks were the front page news and not the election.
    I lol'd.

This country barely breaks even on voter turn out... As if first game of the playoffs wouldn't be first and foremost in this city!!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    figures i bet boston
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Dear God Versus...please take Roenick off the air. He is HORRIBLE!!!!
    habs strike with a big game 1
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    WOO HOO HABS!

interesting comments Cherry made in Coaches Corner about Winnipeg. I guess its all but official for Phoenix. I also heard that when they do move back to Peg, they will not be using the Jets name, which I found dissapointing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Miller time.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Woot woot! Not getting swept! :P
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    boston looks like the better team, but don't discount montreal's heart after what happened this season. they want this series big time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    MayDay10 wrote:
    heading to my Game 1 tailgate in a few minutes. Really looking forward to the game.

I ended up going as well. Was 10 rows off ice in the corner...end where where buff got their goal.

Game was boring as fuck. Came down to two things...

1 - flyers PP 0-5 (including a 30 second 2 man advantage)

2 - bob gave up 1 fat rebound, miller gave up none

as a flyer fan, this game sucked to attend. I think flyers were the better team, but buffalo did what they had to do.

the flyers need to find a way. sucks losing game 1 but they are used to that (see last years playoffs)

also, I dont think home ice means anything in playoffs. irrelevant
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Are the playoffs over yet? I'm fucking exhausted. I think I might have an ulcer.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Big Drop wrote:
    Are the playoffs over yet? I'm fucking exhausted. I think I might have an ulcer.

:lol::lol::lol:Better stock up on the antacid :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Big Drop wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:Better stock up on the antacid :mrgreen:

:crazy: :sick: :crazy: :sick: :crazy: :sick:

I'm getting too old for all this stressful shit.
    i hope LA scores
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    Here we JOE again? Pavelski lights the lamp in OT. 1-0 Sharks. too bad.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494

You've clearly been reading the bad puns on NHL.com too much lately. :ugeek:
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    WOO HOO HABS!

interesting comments Cherry made in Coaches Corner about Winnipeg. I guess its all but official for Phoenix. I also heard that when they do move back to Peg, they will not be using the Jets name, which I found dissapointing.

It sounds like Winnipeg is a done deal. Now should they be moving them to Winnipeg or doing the right thing and folding the franchise, as much as I'd love to see more hockey teams in Canada I can't help but think that it will be a big success for a couple years and then they'll face problems. The NHL really should reduce themselves to a 24 team league, imo. The NHL is such a gate driven sport, they need people at the rinks. To me a smaller league would mean a higher calibre of play and much more exciting hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    heading to my Game 1 tailgate in a few minutes. Really looking forward to the game.

I ended up going as well. Was 10 rows off ice in the corner...end where where buff got their goal.

as a flyer fan, this game sucked to attend. I think flyers were the better team, but buffalo did what they had to do.

the flyers need to find a way. sucks losing game 1 but they are used to that (see last years playoffs)

Being there from the away standpoint, and not having to worry about the crowd being in the game, etc, the game was great. The Sabres played a near perfect road game and as long as they kept the game tied, it was as good as them scoring as you figured Sideshow Bob would likely crack before Miller.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Being there from the away standpoint, and not having to worry about the crowd being in the game, etc, the game was great. The Sabres played a near perfect road game and as long as they kept the game tied, it was as good as them scoring as you figured Sideshow Bob would likely crack before Miller.

thats the feelings i have in our series...only difference in the games 1's were the caps wera able to tie it on a garbage goal

but i just want to be close for the whole game then win it with a goal
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lukin2006 wrote:
    WOO HOO HABS!

It sounds like Winnipeg is a done deal. Now should they be moving them to Winnipeg or doing the right thing and folding the franchise, as much as I'd love to see more hockey teams in Canada I can't help but think that it will be a big success for a couple years and then they'll face problems. The NHL really should reduce themselves to a 24 team league, imo. The NHL is such a gate driven sport, they need people at the rinks. To me a smaller league would mean a higher calibre of play and much more exciting hockey.

i totally agree. the talent in the league is spread too thin. i think 24 is a little too low, though. 26 would be better.

If I have to read another NHL.com pun I'm going to pull my hair out.

At least when Dan Boyle scores on his own net this year in the playoffs they'll hopefully have a sound enough mind to make the headline: It Boyles down to this
    avery is in tonight :mrgreen:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    WOO HOO HABS!

i totally agree. the talent in the league is spread too thin. i think 24 is a little too low, though. 26 would be better.

2 13 team conferences would work.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    avery is in tonight :mrgreen:

I hope he's feeling saucy. Maybe this time he can get someone on the Caps to give him an "obscene gesture" and get a two game suspension.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    MayDay10 wrote:

Bob didn't crack. He played a solid game. Can't bitcha bout a lone goal. Biggest issue was not going to the net, and more importantly, not putting a body in front of Miller on the power play. Gotta put somebody there to tip pucks from teh point, put home in close rebounds and screen Miller. Instead, it was 5 Flyers outside, 4 Sabers inside. crap pp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    It seems like you want the lower seed in the East. God Bless Playoff Hockey!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    by 'crack', I meant merely letting in a goal. 1 goal and a bang bang rebound like that isnt on Bobrovsky

2 man advantage was huge. There was also a point on the PP when the Flyers sustained pressure for about 30-40 seconds and Gaustad was without a stick. That was a pretty tough situation.
    Biggest game of the year for the canucks. To prove to themselves and us the fans that something is different this year, WE MUST WIN game 2 and go up two on Chicago. HUGE GAME for us in Vancity.

GO CANUCKS GO!
    I CAN'T TAKE THIS...
    I CAN'T TAKE THIS...

Just hope you remembered to take your blood pressure medication.
    Big Drop wrote:
    I CAN'T TAKE THIS...

Just hope you remembered to take your blood pressure medication.

I NEED LITHIUM