THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Caleb has got to suck it up and get the job done. End of list. I heard them of talking aboout Marc Bulger coming out of retirement since he ran the Martz offense before. But he hasn't played in two years.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Hanie is a solid back up....one of the best in the league. He'll do good things, Forte will really need to step it up now. This will be Hanies coming out party. Expect him to sign with a different club as their starter next year. I have lots of faith in this kid.

Really?
    While he did pretty well in the Championship game last year, the only other time we've seen him is in pre-season.
    Not sure I can go along with the idea of him ever being a starter based off of that.
    Oh, and I guess we can rule out Podlesh as a backup QB. :lol: That fake would have worked brilliantly, but he didn't seem to have much "touch" on that pass! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    Oh, and I guess we can rule out Podlesh as a backup QB. :lol: That fake would have worked brilliantly, but he didn't seem to have much "touch" on that pass! :lol:

better than the eagles punter. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Hanie is a solid back up....one of the best in the league. He'll do good things, Forte will really need to step it up now. This will be Hanies coming out party. Expect him to sign with a different club as their starter next year. I have lots of faith in this kid.

Really?
    While he did pretty well in the Championship game last year, the only other time we've seen him is in pre-season.
    Not sure I can go along with the idea of him ever being a starter based off of that.

his college stats are all that impressive either

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... aleb-hanie

:?

decent completion %, but aweful td/int ratio's.

as long as he doesn't make bone headed throws...i think we have a chance...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yeah, as long as they play it safe, I think they can still make take the wildcard.

Also, long-snapper Mannelly is out for the season. They filled the role yesterday, but I wonder if that could cause some trouble in the games to come...specifically when it comes to field goals.
    These injuries are really starting to pile up!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    lovie just said that this is not a season ending injury and jay will be back before the end of the year.
    hanie is his qb
    they will be pursuing a vet backup bc they like having 3 qbs on the roster
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    lovie just said that this is not a season ending injury and jay will be back before the end of the year.
    hanie is his qb
    they will be pursuing a vet backup bc they like having 3 qbs on the roster

Back for the GB game on Christmas night? That would be a nice christmas present.
  • If the D keeps playing the way it is, you and I could be under center and the Bears would win.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:
    While it definitely sucks losing Cutler for what appears to be the rest of the regular season, I don't think the season is "over". With the soft schedule (with the exception of the Packers) the rest of the season, and hopefully with some Lion's losses, I think they can still make the playoffs.
    Their best and really only option is to have Hanie step in. I wouldn't mind if they went after a veteran QB as a backup, but Hanie needs to start. If Hanie goes down, you need someone other than the rookie to fill the role.
    What worries me is if the Bears DO make the playoffs and Jay is healthy, that he'll be rusty. The Bears offense is looking really sharp right now, and I worry putting him out there after missing 6-7 games could be ugly.
    the Lions aren't the team the Bears need to worry about (although a Lions flameout would definitely be helpful). It's really the Falcons that could screw them. If Atlanta manages to win the NFC South, the Saints have the tiebreaker, so they could bump the Bears out of a wildcard spot.

But I think a 10-6 record gets them into the playoffs and that's definitely attainable with Hanie as the starter.

I'm right there with you on the rust factor, though.
  • who else thinks Cutler will be back by Christmas?
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • who else thinks Cutler will be back by Christmas?

That's what I'm hoping for. Lovie did clearly state that they expect him to be back sometime during the regular season. If he could get back for the last 2 games against GB and the Vikings, that would be great.
    who else thinks Cutler will be back by Christmas?

That's what I'm hoping for. Lovie did clearly state that they expect him to be back sometime during the regular season. If he could get back for the last 2 games against GB and the Vikings, that would be great.

i cant believe im saying this but i really hope GB wraps home field up by week 16 so they can return our favor from last year and lose
  • Davidtrios wrote:

i cant believe im saying this but i really hope GB wraps home field up by week 16 so they can return our favor from last year and lose

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. But what if they are still undefeated? McCarthy seems like the type of coach that would keep playing his guys...
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. But what if they are still undefeated? McCarthy seems like the type of coach that would keep playing his guys...

he very well could be that type. however, even if they bench their guys, they still have enough depth to win. matt flynn is a pretty good backup.
    i don't recall the bears rolling over last year :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

they had a very basic game plan and they lost.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

they had a very basic game plan and they lost.

ah yes...the vanilla plan..

still better than the sit all your starter plan that indy came up with a couple of years ago when chasing perfection
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

ah yes...the vanilla plan..

still better than the sit all your starter plan that indy came up with a couple of years ago when chasing perfection

I dont know if it was a vanilla game plan. Lovie played the starters the entire game...I was shocked by that.

Caldwell is an idiot. How has he not been fired yet? They should just let Manning coach the team at this point...it's obvious Caldwell does nothing for that team.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Davidtrios wrote:

No way. While an undefeated season would be cool, McCarthy is definitely not stupid enough to chase that. The final goal is to win the Superbowl and I have every confidence that if they've locked it in, the Packers will play backups against the Bears on Christmas. Maybe keep the starters in for the first quarter, see where it goes. I hope they don't underestimate the Bears, because like David said my one fear is that we get a reverse of what happened last year...which of course all of you would just love!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    which of course all of you would just love!

:mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    Does anyne think Caleb Hanie would be here for 4 years if he couldn't play??? Caleb Hanie is a good quaterback and he has this entire teams support and he should have yours too......everyone is talking and whispering about this and that....Jay will be back when he is healthy and will pick up where he left off.....Caleb has all the skills and talent to execute our offense and I think he's gonna surprise some folks....but let them keep talking...doubting.....thats how we like it

-Devin Hester
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Does anyne think Caleb Hanie would be here for 4 years if he couldn't play??? Caleb Hanie is a good quaterback and he has this entire teams support and he should have yours too......everyone is talking and whispering about this and that....Jay will be back when he is healthy and will pick up where he left off.....Caleb has all the skills and talent to execute our offense and I think he's gonna surprise some folks....but let them keep talking...doubting.....thats how we like it

-Devin Hester

i agree with Hester.

i'm not saying Caleb is the second coming, but he is the next in line and has been around. bring in anouther guy to be the emergency, but don't bring in a Todd Collins sort of guy and plug him into the backup role.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited November 2011
    kyle orton has been cut by denver. this is an obious fit for da bears...just in time for the broncos game. sweet revenge
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    Davidtrios wrote:
    kyle orton has beem cut by denver. this is an obious fit for da bears...just in time for the broncos game. sweet revenge

he hasn't played in the martz system. i'd take him back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81- youd take bc he has NOT been in the system? why?
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I was just going to post something about the Orton situation. Apparently he has said that he'd like to go back to the Bears.
    The Denver Post reported that Orton and his agent approached team officials about the move after learning about Cutler's injury and let it be known that the Bears were a team he'd like to play for.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-broncos-reportedly-waive-orton-would-bears-bite-20111122,0,3214959.story

Whether he knows the system or not, he's a smart dude. He can pick up enough of it to get the job done in the event that Hanie can't.
    Bears are actively shopping for a QB.

would you rather have somebody that has been sitting at home for the last 3.5 months or somebody that is in football shape?

assuming Caleb is the starter for the rest of the season, i'd feel a lot more comfotable with Kyle as the back up vs some of the other names being tossed around (bulger, green, favre). worked out great last year when they dusted off a journey man that had been sitting out for months with basically no football activity.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Orton is not the worst option, but the guy is truly nothing more than a career backup. I say, see how we do with Hanie at the helm, if he gets into trouble, Orton will still be available. He's sure as shit not going anywhere else.
    By the way...if Neckbeard comes back, what the hell is he going to do next year?

Poor Neckbeard...got beatin' out a job by Rex Grossman then Tim Tebow. :lol::lol: