THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Super Bears, Super Bowl!!!

Looks like we have to root for the Packers on Thursday to beat Detroit...

that's what i said in the packers thread. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    crap...

Cutler broke the thumb on his throwing hand....no word when it happened or if he will be able to go next week. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    sounds like it happened on the INT he threw late in teh game......

potential to miss 6-8 weeks....possibility of surgery.

:x :x :x :x

this season just took a dump
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    81 wrote:

just saw this. WOW...what a blow
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:

FUCK. This season is over.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    81 wrote:

FUCK. This season is over.

whose your backup? yeah sorry about your loss. You guys played great against us especially Forte.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • whose your backup? yeah sorry about your loss. You guys played great against us especially Forte.

Caleb Hanie. He has never started a game....he came in the NFC champ. game last year and wasn't too bad. Bears do have a favorable schedule the rest of the way. If they can somehow get 3-4 wins in these last 6 games, it sounds like Cutler may be ready for the playoffs. Either way, this really sucks.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    if hanie looks like shit next week, perhaps marc bulger could be coaxed out of retirement? he knows the martz offense pretty well. plus, there is a certain former qb down in mississippi who might be convinced to play again.......

favrebears_crop_340x234.jpg
    Davidtrios wrote:
    if hanie looks like shit next week, perhaps marc bulger could be coaxed out of retirement? he knows the martz offense pretty well. plus, there is a certain former qb down in mississippi who might be convinced to play again.......

please, not that crap again...Todd Collins was aweful last year....bulger is not the answer

give me a young hungry kid over a washed up old dude all day every day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    if only McNabb was available......j/k, that really sucks, they were doing so well
  • 81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

please, not that crap again...Todd Collins was aweful last year....bulger is not the answer

give me a young hungry kid over a washed up old dude all day every day.

Yeah, even if a guy is familiar with the offense, you cant bring someone in this late in the year and expect them to do well. Can Hanie go 3-3 and get this team to 10 wins and into the playoffs??
    Yeah, even if a guy is familiar with the offense, you cant bring someone in this late in the year and expect them to do well. Can Hanie go 3-3 and get this team to 10 wins and into the playoffs??

@ Oakland
    KC
    @Denver
    Seattle
    @ GB
    @Minnesota

they should be able to beat KC, Denver, Seattle and MN. none of those teams are good. Oakland is winnable, but could be trouble being it's the first game withouot Cutler and they are playing decent.

Green Bay is going to be awefully tough to beat even with a healthy Cutler

I wouldn't be suprised if they went 4-2 down the stretch. The Defense is playing outstanding right now, and Hester is always a threat and he should continue to provide the offense with outstanding field position.

Speaking of Hester....has he had any snaps at WR the last two weeks?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    no wideout snaps for devin and im happy about that. he is not a receiver. let him do his thing- punt returning....and yesterday, he even returned some kicks.

i dont think theyll go 4-2 with a backup QB and 4 road games. I think 2-4 or 3-3 is much more likely to happen.
    i just look at that scheudle and see a pile of dog shit (out side of green bay, although they do have a dog shit smell to them :P )

i just can't see them losing to most of those teams.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm honestly bummed out for Bears fans...what a hit after they've been doing pretty well. Always hate to see something like this happen :(

David you may be right about a certain Brett Favre...although I hope for your sake that won't happen!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm honestly bummed out for Bears fans...what a hit after they've been doing pretty well. Always hate to see something like this happen :(

David you may be right about a certain Brett Favre...although I hope for your sake that won't happen!

btw, sorry i didnt make it to the bar for the game yesterday...i texted 81 to see if he could scoop me up (it was on the way) and he never responded.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

btw, sorry i didnt make it to the bar for the game yesterday...i texted 81 to see if he could scoop me up (it was on the way) and he never responded.

We were bummed you didn't make it! Let me know earlier next time and I'll get you a ride, you missed out on some delicious shots that tasted like thin mints!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Surgery tomorrow..if all heals perfect (with a little luck) he could be back Jan 1st for minn..lets see.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i thought you were joking about being scooped up. and aren't you in des plains? that's not really on the way....more like 20 miles out of the way. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Brett is done....he ain't coming back and if he did by some crazy stretch of the imangination, sign on with the bears...i would protest the move and burn all my bears gear
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    You have to go with Caleb..if not bulger is not the answer. He looked bad before he retired..How about gun slinger Johnny Kitna..ahahh hes a martz guy right?
    Wma31394 wrote:
    You have to go with Caleb..if not bulger is not the answer. He looked bad before he retired..How about gun slinger Johnny Kitna..ahahh hes a martz guy right?

isn't Kitna down in dallas?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

isn't Kitna down in dallas?

Shit he is...i thought he was out of the league.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    So sorry to hear it guys :(
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    While it definitely sucks losing Cutler for what appears to be the rest of the regular season, I don't think the season is "over". With the soft schedule (with the exception of the Packers) the rest of the season, and hopefully with some Lion's losses, I think they can still make the playoffs.
    Their best and really only option is to have Hanie step in. I wouldn't mind if they went after a veteran QB as a backup, but Hanie needs to start. If Hanie goes down, you need someone other than the rookie to fill the role.
    What worries me is if the Bears DO make the playoffs and Jay is healthy, that he'll be rusty. The Bears offense is looking really sharp right now, and I worry putting him out there after missing 6-7 games could be ugly.
    interesting that there is a lot of packer sympathy going on here...pretty classy

and 81, coming from chi...take 90 w to 294n..get off at dempster...and im right there..
    to schaumburg from des plaines is golf all the way down...it wouldve been a 2 mile detour for you!
  • Hanie is a solid back up....one of the best in the league. He'll do good things, Forte will really need to step it up now. This will be Hanies coming out party. Expect him to sign with a different club as their starter next year. I have lots of faith in this kid.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    interesting that there is a lot of packer sympathy going on here...pretty classy

and 81, coming from chi...take 90 w to 294n..get off at dempster...and im right there..
    to schaumburg from des plaines is golf all the way down...it wouldve been a 2 mile detour for you!

just did a google map....from my place to desplains....it's a 17 mile detour to the east. :lol: i don't live in the city.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hanie is a solid back up....one of the best in the league. He'll do good things, Forte will really need to step it up now. This will be Hanies coming out party. Expect him to sign with a different club as their starter next year. I have lots of faith in this kid.

wow....

i think he will be ok...not sure i am ready to call him a potential starter some place next season.

Forte needs to get it going again. seems like he has cooled off a little bit the last couple of weeks....and it seems like it's pretty safe to assume that defenses are going to stack the line of scrimmage.

maybe i missed it yesterday, but i don't remember seeing the left guard pull to the right play....missing Willaims is going to hurt as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

just did a google map....from my place to desplains....it's a 17 mile detour to the east. :lol: i don't live in the city.

ohhh, i thought you live the city...what town do u live in