Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Gale Sayers is a salty dog. man.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Too early for football??
    training camp opens today....i'm go down sunday to watch.

it's time to start dreaming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Rex Grossman is OUR quarterback.. oh, wait..

Kyle Orton is OUR quarterback, erm, I mean..

Jay Cutler IS OUR quarterback......

Shit!

Go Hawks?
  • You guys are overdue, but good luck with all that. ;)
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • DE483DE483 Posts: 439
    They sure can't suck any worse than the Cubs
  • i'll be the optimistic one on here:

julius peppers and brian urlacher on D!
    mike martz will give us shades if "the greatest show on turf"!
    forte will be his marshall faulk!

but i still hate lovie...
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    This team could win 10 games just as easily as they could lose 10 games. I see improvements, but not sure if they're going to be enough to take them over Minny or Green Bay.

Weeks 2 through 4 (@ Dallas, Monday night vs. Green Bay, Sunday night @ NY Giants) will probably set the tone.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    This team could win 10 games just as easily as they could lose 10 games. I see improvements, but not sure if they're going to be enough to take them over Minny or Green Bay.

Weeks 2 through 4 (@ Dallas, Monday night vs. Green Bay, Sunday night @ NY Giants) will probably set the tone.

agreed. other than detroit, it's a tough way to start a season. but...maybe that i will motivate them to get ready.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm pumped for football!

Sadly, I think the Bears schedule is going to be waaaay too much for 'em.
    If the D can stay healthy, they should be able to keep us in games. Still concerned about the secondary though...

The offense is another story. The Bears organization did way, way, way too little in the offseason to address the biggest concerns...which is their O-line. It's old, it's slow, and they can't block for shit.
    Forte doesn't stand a chance and you can't run without any chance of seeing a hole.
    Cutler will be lucky to get 3 seconds to drop back and throw before getting smoked.

Hester isn't a starting WR, and should only be used sparingly.
    Knox really impressed me last year.

We'll see...

I think if the team stays healthy, they have a shot at 10 wins.
    I think the NFC North is going to be strong, and the Bears only chance at the playoffs will be the wildcard.

Favre or not, the Vikes are going to be tough but I really believe the Packers (...hard to say) are going to be the team to beat this year.
    Waiting for bears training camp to open. I either left to early or drove to fast
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Is Brian Urlacher a Hall of Famer?
    Davidtrios wrote:

yes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm pumped for football!

Sadly, I think the Bears schedule is going to be waaaay too much for 'em.
    If the D can stay healthy, they should be able to keep us in games. Still concerned about the secondary though...

The offense is another story. The Bears organization did way, way, way too little in the offseason to address the biggest concerns...which is their O-line. It's old, it's slow, and they can't block for shit.
    Forte doesn't stand a chance and you can't run without any chance of seeing a hole.
    Cutler will be lucky to get 3 seconds to drop back and throw before getting smoked.

Hester isn't a starting WR, and should only be used sparingly.
    Knox really impressed me last year.

We'll see...

I think if the team stays healthy, they have a shot at 10 wins.
    I think the NFC North is going to be strong, and the Bears only chance at the playoffs will be the wildcard.

Favre or not, the Vikes are going to be tough but I really believe the Packers (...hard to say) are going to be the team to beat this year.

net injuries, the O line holds the key to the season. They started to play better down the stretch after Orlando Pace was sent out to pasture and Williams took over. I was reading about one of the guys they drafted late last year that has a good shot at taking over right guard. Sounded promising.

We also have to remember Forte was pretty much hurt all of last season. He is healthy now and we have a solid back up in Taylor.

The defense should be improved with Peppers and Brian healthy. The seconday is still a concern, but if the D line can get more pressure, which the should with Peppers, than the seconday won't have to be perfect. And with a better D line, you don't have to take people out of coverage to blitz. They say Anderson is looking better and Harris is suppose to be close to 100% (finally).

Cutler should be better, lord knows he can't be worse.

if things break right, they could win 10 games

Bring on Sept
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Can you please change this thread title to....

THE 2010 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Then maybe I will participate.....

hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Can you please change this thread title to....

hehehehehehe

:geek:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

yes

WHAT??????
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    man... when i saw football on TV sunday night i was CRUSHED... SUMMERS OVER :(

for chicagoans that means winter is like a month away

I'm cautiously optimistic for the bears at the moment... hope to make it to a game this season
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

yes

WHAT??????

i think when his carreer is finally over, there is a good chance he will make it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    man... when i saw football on TV sunday night i was CRUSHED... SUMMERS OVER :(

for chicagoans that means winter is like a month away

what.... winter doesn't start until November. Fall is the best time of year around here.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Can you please change this thread title to....

hehehehehehe

:geek:
    Thank You....

The 2010 Chicago Bears????

7-9
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

yes

WHAT??????[/quote]

i think when his carreer is finally over, there is a good chance he will make it.[/quote]

I think this is even crazier than your 10 win prediction for this year's bears team
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    81 wrote:
    Fall is the best time of year around here.
    yah, when we get it

usually we skip right to snow
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    81 wrote:

i think when his carreer is finally over, there is a good chance he will make it.

I'm not so sure Urlacher is a lock for the Hall.
    I think he'll need to stay healthy and productive for another 3-4 years first. When he first came into the league, the guy was a BEAST. His number over the last 4 years or so have more or less been "just above average". Tackles way down, sacks way down, countless missed tackles...
    Urlacher has really been the second best LB on the Bears for the last few years.
    I know, he's been plagued with some nagging injuries, and last year he couldn't play...but I think the next few years will be the deal breaker for his shot at the Hall.

I took a lot of heat prior to last year suggesting they consider trading him. While it would be crazy to see him in another uniform, I think his best years are long gone. For a young team, I think trading him could bring in some quality guys who are also much younger.
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm not so sure Urlacher is a lock for the Hall.
    I think he'll need to stay healthy and productive for another 3-4 years first. When he first came into the league, the guy was a BEAST. His number over the last 4 years or so have more or less been "just above average". Tackles way down, sacks way down, countless missed tackles...
    Urlacher has really been the second best LB on the Bears for the last few years.
    I know, he's been plagued with some nagging injuries, and last year he couldn't play...but I think the next few years will be the deal breaker for his shot at the Hall.

I took a lot of heat prior to last year suggesting they consider trading him. While it would be crazy to see him in another uniform, I think his best years are long gone. For a young team, I think trading him could bring in some quality guys who are also much younger.

i agree, and trading him before he signed his last extension would have made sense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    bears made some good moves in the offseason but never addressed their biggest need- the O line. no o-line, no cattle
    i think the o line will suprise.

but i'm ever the optimist this time of year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Davidtrios wrote:
    bears made some good moves in the offseason but never addressed their biggest need- the O line. no o-line, no cattle

None, zero, zip.

That o-line is older than shit and has no chance of getting better.

It's just so f'n nuts...you bring in a franchise QB, you see the guy struggle and take some hard f'n hits all because of the shit 0-line.
    What do they do?

Oh, nothing.
    We'll draft every other position that is less important that the one glaring everyone in the eye.
    F'n retarded!!!
  • Who's your QB this year? :lol:
    Who's your QB this year? :lol:

Jay is our quarterback. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg