**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    RoughMix wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Montreal played well, if they can play like that every night they have a chance.
    Hope so. Halak will have to keep his level of play up, cause the first period of last night will be repeated often I suspect, and that could get very ugly!

0 shots for Ovechkin last night :shock:
    First time that has happened this year.
    Habs are always my Eastern team.
    Something about Montreal home games.The crowd is just buzzing all game.
    Man,do they get into it.
    Well we got a win in Washington so we're off to a good start!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i have a friend who works at GM place, when bettman was in one of the suites during the olympics all the players and alumni in there watching apparently bad mouthed him like crazy behind his back

does anyone even like that guy??
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    haffajappa wrote:
    i have a friend who works at GM place, when bettman was in one of the suites during the olympics all the players and alumni in there watching apparently bad mouthed him like crazy behind his back

Maybe his wife?

It's do or die Sharks. Stat of the Day: The Avs are 12-0 since 1995-96 in series where they go ahead 2-0. No Sakic, Forsberg, or Roy this time around, but I still like the odds :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:

nope not one fan does especially in cities like Winnipeg, Quebec, Minnesota and Hartford. his idea of putting hockey in the south(usa) will forever ruin this game of hockey. hockey is a northeast(usa) and canadian sport. the only good thing he did was make the salary cap in the nhl. it's given the league parity. next thing he should do is add no touch icing and get rid of fighting. people call him buttman.

i can't believe Ottawa is already up 1-0 on pittsburgh in game 2.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    RoughMix wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Halak saved the day for Montreal, got us through that all-Washington first period. Good to see the team show up for the last 2.5 periods though. We didn't get swept, so already beat everyones expectations!
    Montreal played well, if they can play like that every night they have a chance.
    Hope so. Halak will have to keep his level of play up, cause the first period of last night will be repeated often I suspect, and that could get very ugly!

0 shots for Ovechkin last night :shock:
    First time that has happened this year.
    Habs are always my Eastern team.
    Something about Montreal home games.The crowd is just buzzing all game.
    Man,do they get into it.[/quote]

GoHabsGo.jpg

The habs shut down the Great 8 but I get the feeling he'll be backkkkk! The Caps coach was foolish to not make any adjustments so that Ovechkin could free himself to get a shot off. Montreal though out hustled them man upped them all game long. We shall see come game 2.

Let's Go Bruins
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

metsfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

nope not one fan does especially in cities like Winnipeg, Quebec, Minnesota and Hartford. his idea of putting hockey in the south(usa) will forever ruin this game of hockey. hockey is a northeast(usa) and canadian sport. the only good thing he did was make the salary cap in the nhl. it's given the league parity. next thing he should do is add no touch icing and get rid of fighting. people call him buttman.

yea he gets boo'd the shit outta in vancouver
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:
    :lol::lol:

that's awesome
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

that's awesome
    its true though... and you're right... trying to market the game and make it "more appealing" is so stupid. He's taking the game from places where people love to places where people don't give a shit and stadiums have to sell tickets for 12 bucks a piece. If Balsillie wanted to put a team in Albuquerque he would have allowed it.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Zetterberg Hat Trick tonight!! Filppula had 2.. And I am of the opinion that Abdelkader should remain in the starting line-up from here on in. I thought he earned it last year. LETS GO WINGS!!
    >>>
    do it for Steve!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Zetterberg Hat Trick tonight!! Filppula had 2.. And I am of the opinion that Abdelkader should remain in the starting line-up from here on in. I thought he earned it last year. LETS GO WINGS!!
    >>>
    do it for Steve!!!

Needed one, got one.
    I know there are a lot of Babcock haters, but everyone has to agree that putting Abdelkader in for Williams was a good move.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    metsfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

No touch icing I agree, if you want to watch hockey without the fighting tune into the Swedish or Russian leagues, let them fight and eliminate the instigator rule and third man in. Another dumb ass rule is the delay of game for clearing the puck over the glass.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

that's awesome
    its true though... and you're right... trying to market the game and make it "more appealing" is so stupid. He's taking the game from places where people love to places where people don't give a shit and stadiums have to sell tickets for 12 bucks a piece. If Balsillie wanted to put a team in Albuquerque he would have allowed it.

I never understood why they didn't want Balsillie, the NBA welcomed that Russian billionaire who bought the nets. Balsillie should have bought a team ran them for a year in their current market and then moved them, he was to honest. I think there was more to it than that, I really think the US owners were frightened of this guy, he had very deep pockets and that bothered them, plus he is very good at marketing, he reminds of a young Jerry Jones and I think he would have been a very successful owner. One thing he has done is got Canada knowing that we deserve a 7th and 8th team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    LETS GO WINGS!!
    do it for Steve!!!

Because he did it for us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-G0fGs_9Zs

It prolly makes some people puke, but it still make's my arm hair stand up and gives me goosebumps.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    NICE, the Pens rebounded with a win. Looks like Sid the Kid is possesed again, he is playing great at the moment.
    Thought the game was going to get nasty after Sutton laid out Leopold...clean hit IMO...not Suttons fault he is 6'6" and Leopold should have never been leaning over like that going through the neutral zone.
    But was a great game...GO PENS GO :thumbup

and if Ovie would get his head out of his ASS, maybe he can finally destroy those HATED HABS :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    milarso wrote:
    LETS GO WINGS!!
    do it for Steve!!!

Because he did it for us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-G0fGs_9Zs

It prolly makes some people puke, but it still make's my arm hair stand up and gives me goosebumps.
    Steve Yzerman is the best team Captain to ever play..And he has some pretty impressive numbers. but there is no stat for how he made a city feel. When he retired, I truly felt that the 'C' should have been retired also. Meaning for the rest of time, Detroit woul only have assistant captians
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i had my playoff draft last night. here is who I ended up with.....how do you think I made out or will make out?

Backstrom - Wash
    Marleau - SJ
    Fleischman - Wash
    Morrison - Wash
    Belanger - Wash
    Chimera Wash
    Malhotra - SJ
    Schultz - Wash
    Steckel - Wash
    Huskins - SJ

the strategy is either gonna work, or it isnt.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    i had my playoff draft last night. here is who I ended up with.....how do you think I made out or will make out?

Backstrom - Wash
    Marleau - SJ
    Fleischman - Wash
    Morrison - Wash
    Belanger - Wash
    Chimera Wash
    Malhotra - SJ
    Schultz - Wash
    Steckel - Wash
    Huskins - SJ

the strategy is either gonna work, or it isnt.
    Alot of eggs in one basket
    BLACK35 wrote:
    NICE, the Pens rebounded with a win. Looks like Sid the Kid is possesed again, he is playing great at the moment.
    Thought the game was going to get nasty after Sutton laid out Leopold...clean hit IMO...not Suttons fault he is 6'6" and Leopold should have never been leaning over like that going through the neutral zone.
    But was a great game...GO PENS GO :thumbup

and if Ovie would get his head out of his ASS, maybe he can finally destroy those HATED HABS :lol:
    Karma!
    It prolly makes some people puke, but it still make's my arm hair stand up and gives me goosebumps.[/quote]
    Steve Yzerman is the best team Captain to ever play..And he has some pretty impressive numbers. but there is no stat for how he made a city feel. When he retired, I truly felt that the 'C' should have been retired also. Meaning for the rest of time, Detroit woul only have assistant captians[/quote]

:clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • man, i went to both pens home games and i have to say it was a very frustrating nights to come out 1-1

last nights officiating was terrible!!! ok let'em play cause its the playoffs but i saw dupe get tripped, sid get highsticked, malkin get interfered with those were the most glaring. there was some cross-checking and roughing that coulda got called and hell if you wanted to you could slap that joko ruutu with a dive last night for his show along the endboard.
    then of course gettin scored on so early, frustrating
    watchin leopold get clobbered and playin man down d all night, frustrating
    stressing thru a 1-1 playoff game waiting for a score that comes in the last 4ish mins, frustrating
    letang and gonch fanning and missing nets all night, frustrating
    fleury, frustrating
    listining to those no nothin jokers yellin "trade fleury!", frustrating

but sid makes it all better, goddam kid is amazing!! owning spezza down low, and settin up letang who stayed with it all night and got one thru when it counts, thats what the goddam nhl playoffs are about!! i'll take it

GO PENS!!!

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    Montreal up 3-1. Washington and Chicago are the most talented teams followed closely by San Jose, all three have goaltending issues. I would not be to upset if San Jose won it all, because they seem to have very passionate fans, even in the regular season.

4-4 now here comes the Caps
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

5-4 Montreal...goaltending issues

5-5 All and sudden death now

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    overtime in the playoffs is the shit!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    norm wrote:
    overtime in the playoffs is the shit!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

well said.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    damn that was quick!! :shock:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

We had 'em, Halak let in some real stinkers, and the refs weren't too concerned with Washington interference (especially of our goaltender) all night.
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

We had 'em, Halak let in some real stinkers, and the refs weren't too concerned with Washington interference (especially of our goaltender) all night.

I agree the refereeing did suck, especially in the third period. Halak was not at his best. Montreal needs to add some size, toughness and grit.

I agree the refereeing did suck, especially in the third period. Halak was not at his best. Montreal needs to add some size, toughness and grit.[/quote]

Yes they do,but its a little to late this yr for them Habs :lol::lol: They are going down, Ovie has it going now. Habs suck, go Caps
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2