**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Anyone hear about this ??

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/q ... story.html

SI questions Capitals, NHL’s handling of steroid investigation

Canwest News ServiceApril 20, 2010 2:47 PM
    The National Hockey League and the Washington Capitals are being called into question in a Sports Illustrated article regarding a possible coverup of a narcotics investigation.

SI staff writer David Epstein, known for his steroids reporting, including a piece on New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, suggests there was a possible short shrift given by both the NHL and the Capitals in response to a narcotics probe.

Under the headline — ‘Have the NHL and the Capitals given short shrift to an investigation related to steroids?’ — The SI article, which appears in the April 26 issue, outlines the case.

“Upon having more than $200,000 worth of pills, bottles and syringes — some containing steroids — seized from his Polk County (Fla.) home in May 2009, former bodybuilder Richard Thomas pointed to the Washington Capitals as one of the teams he had supplied for.”

Last month, a Thomas client, Douglas Nagel, a Virginia chiropractor who has treated Capitals players, was arrested.

After Nagel was arrested, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly issued a statement: “Based on the investigation we have done and the information we have, there is no evidence that Dr. Nagel ever supplied (or even offered to supply) performance enhancing drugs to any current or past member of the Washington Capitals.”

The Capitals issued a statement of their own as well: “This has been a thorough investigation, and we are satisfied that law enforcement, the NHL and our own internal investigation have not led to any link of steroid use by Capitals players.”

However, serious questions have arisen about the investigations.

Ian Floyd of the Polk County Sherriff’s Tactical Drug Unit contacted Polk County sheriff Grady Judd about his concerns — as published in SI: “I called and spoke with (NHL executive vice-president of security) Dennis Cunningham today in reference to the official statements made by the Washington Capitals and NHL regarding the ‘thorough investigation,” reads the e-mail, which Judd allowed SI to review. “Mr. Cunningham admitted that contrary to the below issued statements, no investigation was ever conducted into Dr. Nagel and his ties to steroids and Capitals players by anyone with the NHL.”

Daly responded to SI through an NHL spokesperson: “We stand by the public statements that we have provided on the subject, including the fact that the NHL investigated the matter and has closed its investigation. We have nothing else to say on the subject.”

We'll never know the whole story (if there even is one)... I found this interesting though.

From (http://www.truthandrumours.net/2010/04/ ... rug-probe/)
    Epstein adds: “Unlike MLB or the NFL, the NHL does not test during the off-season, nor once the playoffs have started. (This week the Capitals are facing the Canadiens in an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.) Polk County officials noticed that of the 10 FedEx and U.S. Postal Service labels for packages mailed in 2008 and ’09 between Thomas and Nagel that law enforcement officials obtained in their investigation, eight are dated during the period when the Capitals were either in the playoffs or out of season, and one was dated the day before the end of the 2007–08 season.”

You'd think with all of the attention in the sports media about PED's the NHL should try to get inline with other leagues about off season testing... I know next to nothing about PED's, but I would think that the offseason would be the time to take them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Anyone hear about this ??

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/q ... story.html

SI questions Capitals, NHL’s handling of steroid investigation

Canwest News ServiceApril 20, 2010 2:47 PM
    The National Hockey League and the Washington Capitals are being called into question in a Sports Illustrated article regarding a possible coverup of a narcotics investigation.

SI staff writer David Epstein, known for his steroids reporting, including a piece on New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, suggests there was a possible short shrift given by both the NHL and the Capitals in response to a narcotics probe.

Under the headline — ‘Have the NHL and the Capitals given short shrift to an investigation related to steroids?’ — The SI article, which appears in the April 26 issue, outlines the case.

“Upon having more than $200,000 worth of pills, bottles and syringes — some containing steroids — seized from his Polk County (Fla.) home in May 2009, former bodybuilder Richard Thomas pointed to the Washington Capitals as one of the teams he had supplied for.”

Last month, a Thomas client, Douglas Nagel, a Virginia chiropractor who has treated Capitals players, was arrested.

After Nagel was arrested, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly issued a statement: “Based on the investigation we have done and the information we have, there is no evidence that Dr. Nagel ever supplied (or even offered to supply) performance enhancing drugs to any current or past member of the Washington Capitals.”

The Capitals issued a statement of their own as well: “This has been a thorough investigation, and we are satisfied that law enforcement, the NHL and our own internal investigation have not led to any link of steroid use by Capitals players.”

However, serious questions have arisen about the investigations.

Ian Floyd of the Polk County Sherriff’s Tactical Drug Unit contacted Polk County sheriff Grady Judd about his concerns — as published in SI: “I called and spoke with (NHL executive vice-president of security) Dennis Cunningham today in reference to the official statements made by the Washington Capitals and NHL regarding the ‘thorough investigation,” reads the e-mail, which Judd allowed SI to review. “Mr. Cunningham admitted that contrary to the below issued statements, no investigation was ever conducted into Dr. Nagel and his ties to steroids and Capitals players by anyone with the NHL.”

Daly responded to SI through an NHL spokesperson: “We stand by the public statements that we have provided on the subject, including the fact that the NHL investigated the matter and has closed its investigation. We have nothing else to say on the subject.”

We'll never know the whole story (if there even is one)... I found this interesting though.

From (http://www.truthandrumours.net/2010/04/ ... rug-probe/)
    Epstein adds: “Unlike MLB or the NFL, the NHL does not test during the off-season, nor once the playoffs have started. (This week the Capitals are facing the Canadiens in an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.) Polk County officials noticed that of the 10 FedEx and U.S. Postal Service labels for packages mailed in 2008 and ’09 between Thomas and Nagel that law enforcement officials obtained in their investigation, eight are dated during the period when the Capitals were either in the playoffs or out of season, and one was dated the day before the end of the 2007–08 season.”

You'd think with all of the attention in the sports media about PED's the NHL should try to get inline with other leagues about off season testing... I know next to nothing about PED's, but I would think that the offseason would be the time to take them.

Ya hate to say it but I wouldn’t put it past Bettman to turn a blind eye to it to help promote winning and the game just like Selig allowed it to happen in the MLB

Random testing should be mandatory in every league in the off-season that’s when the majority of these guys are working out not during the year as much…ride the bike but not much weightlifting
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    DETROIT RED WINGS !!!

HOWARD !!!! first shutout

good win, we need our legs to be skating well in game # 5 unlike game # 1

becoming a big fan of Justin Abdelkater
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • statement!!

GO PENS!!!

no one has the goaltending to stand up to us right now
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • smarchee wrote:
    DETROIT RED WINGS !!!

i love that name. i'm tempted to get a wings jersey with his name, just because i love it so much.

glad to see they evened up the series...sadly i couldn't watch it because i work nights. wouldn't have mattered anyway, the game wasn't on tv in my area.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    moe.ron wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    DETROIT RED WINGS !!!

i love that name. i'm tempted to get a wings jersey with his name, just because i love it so much.

glad to see they evened up the series...sadly i couldn't watch it because i work nights. wouldn't have mattered anyway, the game wasn't on tv in my area.
    Sounds like a move in cage fighting.. "Once i put him in the Abdelkater, the match was mine"
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Sounds like a move in cage fighting.. "Once i put him in the Abdelkater, the match was mine"

lmao, right on!

love the avatar, by the way. god, i miss seeing him play.

i've got game 4 of the '96-'97 stanley cup finals against the flyers on vhs still. i pop it in every once in a while. before the game started they have a little montage of plays during the first 3 games with 'song 2' by blur being played. there's a shot in slow motion of yzerman on his knees on the ice, and you can see it hurts him getting up, but you also see the grit and determination in his eyes. i'll never forget that little shot.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Crosby is the man. He single handly is destroying the Sens. What a game last night. Should only take one more and then its rest time.

To all you Hab fans & players, if its still to cold to golf up in Quebec, don't worry its nice and warm down here in southern ontario to golf. So get out the clubs and come join my Leafs on the course :lol: We will probably beat you in golf also as we have had 3 weeks to warm up our golf games :lol::lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Crosby is the man. He single handly is destroying the Sens. What a game last night. Should only take one more and then its rest time.

To all you Hab fans & players, if its still to cold to golf up in Quebec, don't worry its nice and warm down here in southern ontario to golf. So get out the clubs and come join my Leafs on the course :lol: We will probably beat you in golf also as we have had 3 weeks to warm up our golf games :lol::lol::lol:
    It's plenty warm in Quebec for golf, they've been on the course for 4 days now!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    The Sens, Leafs, Habs, and Sabres are going to have a good old time on the links next week. Then Boston wont be far behind once they get shredded by the Penguins.
    As a Pens fan, I couldn't be happier about how the east is shaping up... If the Flyers win, then it not only knocks out the Devils (who we haven't beat this year), but pushes the Caps/Pens matchup back another round and makes the Caps face the physical Flyers... All the while, Pens get the Bruins or the Sabres who they should beat next round.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    As a Pens fan, I couldn't be happier about how the east is shaping up... If the Flyers win, then it not only knocks out the Devils (who we haven't beat this year), but pushes the Caps/Pens matchup back another round and makes the Caps face the physical Flyers... All the while, Pens get the Bruins or the Sabres who they should beat next round.
    At the same time, though, to be the best you have to play the best. It would be poetic justice to get the Devils in round 2 and advance to take on the Caps in round 3. A tough road, to be sure, but that would be the way I'd like to see it go down.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    Big win for Nashville last night. Too bad it wasn't sold out. It kills me as a season ticket holder but it's probably time to move this team up north somewhere.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jms wrote:
    Big win for Nashville last night. Too bad it wasn't sold out. It kills me as a season ticket holder but it's probably time to move this team up north somewhere.

maybe they should have a tractor pull at intermission to draw people in...go Chicago
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    jms wrote:

Great win for the Preds last night! And don't fret too much over the fan support. Our Avs use to sellout nightly and now have to send ticket specials for playoff games. They even offered me a pair 5 rows from the ice above the face off circle for Game 3 on Sunday for being a "loyal season ticket holder." They're counting the games as sellouts, but you could find seats at Games 3 or 4. Makes me wonder how many tix they're giving out as comps???
    Still a great time of year and now we're down to a Best of 3 Series with the Sharks holding home ice advantage again. I'm still very happy with the way my Boyz have played this season with all the rookies we're playing. Still 2 years ahead of schedule IMO...

GO AVS!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    You never know, Tukka Rask has had an excellent year.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    jms wrote:

Makes me think that hockey won't last in Nashville. Like you, I'm thinking if you can't sell out a playoff against the Hawks, your not going to last long and the Hawks have some decent star players. Wonder if they would even sell out if they made the conference final or heaven forbid the cup final.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Rygar wrote:
    You never know, Tukka Rask has had an excellent year.

Yeah... and not knowing the regular season records off the top of my head, it seems like the Pens have had some troubles beating the Bruins in recent years.

But I think in a best of 7 series, the Pens have a decent edge. They have gone up against some good goaltenders, and hot goaltenders in the past couple of years and managed to eventually get to them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Darren Dreger is reporting that "Bruins say Marc Savard has passed all tests. Needs one more meeting with doc. Formality. Needs to get in shape now"

First off... good for Savard.

Well, that would be an interesting sub-plot for a Pens/Bruins series next round lol. Talk about a media frenzy.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    ok. monday night i learned booster juice is bad luck.
    after the 1st period i went and got myself a mango hurricane.
    no booster juice during games...

crossing my fingers for tonight...
    go canucks go! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    CServant wrote:
    jms wrote:

Great win for the Preds last night! And don't fret too much over the fan support. Our Avs use to sellout nightly and now have to send ticket specials for playoff games. They even offered me a pair 5 rows from the ice above the face off circle for Game 3 on Sunday for being a "loyal season ticket holder." They're counting the games as sellouts, but you could find seats at Games 3 or 4. Makes me wonder how many tix they're giving out as comps???
    Still a great time of year and now we're down to a Best of 3 Series with the Sharks holding home ice advantage again. I'm still very happy with the way my Boyz have played this season with all the rookies we're playing. Still 2 years ahead of schedule IMO...

GO AVS!!!

you know if all the bottom seeds win it'll be Colorado vs Detroit

we'll knock off another team of young, inexperienced players just like we'll do the Coyotes :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Let's Go Bruins, Let's Go! :)
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    smarchee wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    jms wrote:

GO AVS!!!

you know if all the bottom seeds win it'll be Colorado vs Detroit

we'll knock off another team of young, inexperienced players just like we'll do the Coyotes :D
    It all rides on friday
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    although the call helped my team, i thought it was a shitty call by toronto but good old gary thinks it was ok! :roll:

Bettman 'Comfortable' With Sedin Ruling
    Wednesday, 04.21.2010 / 5:59 PM / News
    National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman comments on the Daniel Sedin's overturned goal in Game No. 3.
    NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Wednesday issued a strong defense of the league’s video-review process, in the aftermath of a controversial incident in Game 3 of the Kings-Vancouver series, and rejected any suggestions of a league "conspiracy."

League pundits and fans have been buzzing, since Monday, about Daniel Sedin’s overturned goal, after video-review officials in Toronto ruled that Sedin’s "kicking motion" sent the puck into the Kings’ net.

The call has led to intense debate, but in an interview with LAKings.com on Wednesday, Bettman said he was comfortable with the way the incident was handled and dismissed the idea that any league officials have a rooting interest in any games’ outcome.

"First of all, I don't believe we had an incident," Bettman said. "We had a close call that was made by our professionals in hockey operations in the Toronto office. I am comfortable with their professionalism, their integrity and their judgment. Whenever you have a situation that's a close call, you're going to have one side that's happy and one side that's unhappy.

"For anyone to suggest, or use the word 'conspiracy' is simply absurd. There's no foundation to it. My guess is, it's no different than what we've seen and experienced in prior years in the first round of the playoffs. Emotions are up, passions are up and the stakes are high."

Bettman also said he was satisfied with the way that league officials explained the "kicking" rule. After the game, an explanation was posted on NHL.com and Mike Murphy, the league’s vice president of hockey operations, gave an explanation on TV.

"No matter how clearly you define a rule, you're going to see something," Bettman said. "If the leg swung six feet, it would be a lot clearer than if it moved an inch or two. So there are always going to be tough calls, but it's been well defined. It's something that the general managers have reviewed. There's been a DVD, with video examples, that was circulated previously, in seasons past. As I said, I'm comfortable with the judgment that was made by our folks in charge of video review."

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=526517
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    norm wrote:
    although the call helped my team, i thought it was a shitty call by toronto but good old gary thinks it was ok! :roll:

Bettman 'Comfortable' With Sedin Ruling
    Wednesday, 04.21.2010 / 5:59 PM / News
    National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman comments on the Daniel Sedin's overturned goal in Game No. 3.
    NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Wednesday issued a strong defense of the league’s video-review process, in the aftermath of a controversial incident in Game 3 of the Kings-Vancouver series, and rejected any suggestions of a league "conspiracy."

League pundits and fans have been buzzing, since Monday, about Daniel Sedin’s overturned goal, after video-review officials in Toronto ruled that Sedin’s "kicking motion" sent the puck into the Kings’ net.

The call has led to intense debate, but in an interview with LAKings.com on Wednesday, Bettman said he was comfortable with the way the incident was handled and dismissed the idea that any league officials have a rooting interest in any games’ outcome.

"First of all, I don't believe we had an incident," Bettman said. "We had a close call that was made by our professionals in hockey operations in the Toronto office. I am comfortable with their professionalism, their integrity and their judgment. Whenever you have a situation that's a close call, you're going to have one side that's happy and one side that's unhappy.

"For anyone to suggest, or use the word 'conspiracy' is simply absurd. There's no foundation to it. My guess is, it's no different than what we've seen and experienced in prior years in the first round of the playoffs. Emotions are up, passions are up and the stakes are high."

Bettman also said he was satisfied with the way that league officials explained the "kicking" rule. After the game, an explanation was posted on NHL.com and Mike Murphy, the league’s vice president of hockey operations, gave an explanation on TV.

"No matter how clearly you define a rule, you're going to see something," Bettman said. "If the leg swung six feet, it would be a lot clearer than if it moved an inch or two. So there are always going to be tough calls, but it's been well defined. It's something that the general managers have reviewed. There's been a DVD, with video examples, that was circulated previously, in seasons past. As I said, I'm comfortable with the judgment that was made by our folks in charge of video review."

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=526517
    fuck gary bettman.
    it must suck to know fans from all over the continent hate you.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    That Ovechkin is a beast and now the Capitals lead tha Habs 3-1, it's tough to keep him in check.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

at least Theodore made it 2 games this year before he was pulled and its OVER THEO
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Anyone else love the new Stanley Cup commercials.
    They are on all the time on TSN and CBC.
    I'm sure ESPN and VS are showing them also.
    Here's the best one 8-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qc7fBl7vO0
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Actually I've found a better one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msfRqPhLzl0&NR=1
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    RoughMix wrote:
    Anyone else love the new Stanley Cup commercials.
    They are on all the time on TSN and CBC.
    I'm sure ESPN and VS are showing them also.
    Here's the best one 8-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qc7fBl7vO0

I do enjoy these commercials, very cool

the Yzerman one is great, and the Pat Roy one when he was a rookie

I love how Yzerman rips top corner with Gretzky in front of him
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto