9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Hats off.. good job!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Did anyone else not realize that Chicago had won the game til about a half a minute later? I was at a bar and when Chicago Scored no one including the announcers said anything until later. Leighton was int he exact position he was about a minute later and all of the sudden Chicago started celebrating.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Did anyone else not realize that Chicago had won the game til about a half a minute later? I was at a bar and when Chicago Scored no one including the announcers said anything until later. Leighton was int he exact position he was about a minute later and all of the sudden Chicago started celebrating.

It was a bad angle. I didn't realize it until I saw gloves flying.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    mca47 wrote:

Same here. It was kinda anti-climatic; kinda like, "woo, we, being Chicago ;) , won (I think :? )." :lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    mca47 wrote:

Same here. It was kinda anti-climatic; kinda like, "woo, we, being Chicago ;) , won (I think :? )." :lol::lol::lol:
    def a weird way to end a lord stanley cup final

congrats to the blackhawks fans

:clap::clap: :thumbup:

flyers probably put on one of the greatest runs we've ever seen
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Im in the minority that knew/thought the puck was in right away. It was confusing that Chicago players were celebrating and Emrick was still calling pbp with an imaginary puck.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Just watched the highlights, weird finish.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    they were the best team in the nhl all season, at least top 3, so, this is well earned victory ... congrats to toews who has been huge in winning world jrs, olympic gold and now stanley cup ...

feel sorry for flyer fans as again - goaltending cost you guys the cup ... you can tell he was playing with zero confidence ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    After everything Chicago tried to do to jinx themselves (i.e. HOSSA) they pulled it off. Scotty Bowman is a lucky rabbits foot. Congrats Blackhawks. I believe the Norris Division now reigns supreme in the NHL.

Now welcome to salary cap management hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    polaris_x wrote:
    they were the best team in the nhl all season, at least top 3, so, this is well earned victory ... congrats to toews who has been huge in winning world jrs, olympic gold and now stanley cup ...

feel sorry for flyer fans as again - goaltending cost you guys the cup ... you can tell he was playing with zero confidence ...

I don't feel sorry for any fans that are so disrespectful. Booing the Cup and MVP. You take the class out of one of the only sports left with class when it comes to sportsmanship. Pathetic. Grow up.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    Kevinman wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I don't feel sorry for any fans that are so disrespectful. Booing the Cup and MVP. You take the class out of one of the only sports left with class when it comes to sportsmanship. Pathetic. Grow up.

Have been to Philly many times and love the city, great town. No offense to Philly fans, but do you really expect anything better from Philly fans? I agree, classless to boo the better team, the MVP, and the cup presentation. The better team won here, applaud a great series, don't boo the victor. It's not the Hawks' fault that the Flyers goaltending was mediocre at best. That final goal was very very weak. Gotta make those saves in the playoffs.
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    After everything Chicago tried to do to jinx themselves (i.e. HOSSA) they pulled it off. Scotty Bowman is a lucky rabbits foot. Congrats Blackhawks. I believe the Norris Division now reigns supreme in the NHL.

Bowman is a stud.

i was looking at salary cap numbers earlier today...holy crap is chicago in a wold of hurt. i admit tho, i'd trade cap hell for a cup any day of the week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Bowman is a stud.

i was looking at salary cap numbers earlier today...holy crap is chicago in a wold of hurt. i admit tho, i'd trade cap hell for a cup any day of the week.
    Hell yeah it is worth it. Detroit is in the same boat. I just hope that the Ice Hogs have some good prospects to handle a rash of injuries.

Now, if the Blues can get their crap together, next year should be awesome.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I gotta say that Blackhawks fans deserve the victory. After all they were put through for about 15 years of misery.... plus a really nice cup drought.

So now the Leafs are on the clock. No cup since '67. After they win it would be St Louis, LA Kings, (Minnesota), all expanded to in 67-68. You could debate the Bay area too would be included in that group.

After that, Buffalo and Vancouver, expanded to in 1970.
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    nice work chicago, finally hossa guessed right :lol:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    vomikus39 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Have been to Philly many times and love the city, great town. No offense to Philly fans, but do you really expect anything better from Philly fans? I agree, classless to boo the better team, the MVP, and the cup presentation. The better team won here, applaud a great series, don't boo the victor. It's not the Hawks' fault that the Flyers goaltending was mediocre at best. That final goal was very very weak. Gotta make those saves in the playoffs.

You're right. Those Chi Towners keep it classy...I mean this shit only happens in Philly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpASQAwh ... r_embedded
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

You're right. Those Chi Towners keep it classy...I mean this shit only happens in Philly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpASQAwh ... r_embedded

must be that chicago garbage that sawyer is always telling us about. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg