**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
With Calgary being outed last night :lol: , it's time to get this thread going.

All the focus is on the east right now. It's still open, although it's looking bleak for Atlanta.

I don't like the Canucks chances against Detroit.

You guys ready for 3-4 games a night for two weeks? HELL YES!

Western Conference:

San Jose Sharks (1)
Vs.
Colarado Avalanche (8)

Chicago Blackhawks (2)
Vs,
Nashville Predators (7)

Vancouver Canucks (3)
Vs.
Los Angeles Kings (6)

Phoenix Coyotes (4)
Vs.
Detroit Red Wings (5)

Eastern Conference:

Washington Capitals (1)
Vs.
Montreal Canadiens (8)

New Jersey Devils(2)
Vs.
Philadelphia Flyers (7)

Buffalo Sabres (3)
Vs.
Boston Bruins (6)

Pittsburgh Penguins (4)
Vs.
Ottawa Senators (5)
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

All the focus is on the east right now. It's still open, although it's looking bleak for Atlanta.

ATL is officially eliminated last night

I love all the games on !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • blackhawks all the way? i think so*

*as long as niemi doesn't choke
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    lets go wings.

they're so hot right now 8-)
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I love the first round... With San Jose, Vancouver, Phoenix & LA, we (east coast) are guaranteed a double header every night on TV...

Christ, my Penguins can't beat good teams... could be an early exit for the defending champs. Hopefully they can flip the switch once the playoffs start, but I'm not counting on it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951

really, i looked at it today, i though i calcualted that they are in, but i guess i was wrong.....

I really don't want Ovie to hoist that cup, I love him, i just dont like his questionably dirty play this year....and hes only gonna be even more amped up in the playoffs.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    jones wrote:
    lets go wings.

they're so hot right now 8-)

not looking forward to meeting you, i hope you pass LA or something.

Wings have Nucks' number fo sho
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680

>
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Yeah last night on NHL on the Fly they said ATL is out

The East is pretty weak except for a few teams

really, i looked at it today, i though i calcualted that they are in, but i guess i was wrong.....

I really don't want Ovie to hoist that cup, I love him, i just dont like his questionably dirty play this year....and hes only gonna be even more amped up in the playoffs.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    MayDay10 wrote:

>

you take your name from this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xxSsEqjIk

EPIC CALL
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Lookin' like Avs/Sharks in Round 1. I'm not sure if we'll win the series, but I like the match-up and the fact all the pressure in on San Jose. Any playoff experience we can get this year will go a long way in the future of our young team.

Great thread!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    GO KINGS GO!!!!

:mrgreen:

a guy can dream :think:
    CServant wrote:
    Lookin' like Avs/Sharks in Round 1. I'm not sure if we'll win the series, but I like the match-up and the fact all the pressure in on San Jose. Any playoff experience we can get this year will go a long way in the future of our young team.

Great thread!!!

the year you guys have had, I wouldn't be surprised if you knocked them off. YOu guys have AMAZING rookies, and if Anderson gets out of his slight funk, you could give them a hell of a time. it's all about containing that line of theirs. Oh and beating Evgeni.
  • must win for rangers tonight. i almost hope they dont make it so some people will get fired. almost. LETS GO RANGERS!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Going for the Pens, hope they can repeat.

Next year my Leafs will have a shot :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    ML181059 wrote:
    must win for rangers tonight. i almost hope they dont make it so some people will get fired. almost. LETS GO RANGERS!

GO LEAFS GO! :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it could be a double header every night in my house. :mrgreen:

but yeah, go Flyers.

The East is pretty wide open between Washington, Pitt and NJ. Maybe Buffalo makes a run with goal tending.

Out west, i think San Jose finally breaks thru. if not them, Vancouver, Chicago are the obvious choices.

but since this is the NHL, just about anybody could make a run if they have a hot goalie and a few bounces go their way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    81 wrote:
    Out west, i think San Jose finally breaks thru. if not them, Vancouver, Chicago are the obvious choices.

but since this is the NHL, just about anybody could make a run if they have a hot goalie and a few bounces go their way.

It hurts me to type this, but I think Detroit is still the team to beat in the West. The BIGGEST X Factor in the West is goaltending. Aside from S.J. and Vancouver, not a lot of playoff experience out there in the net.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • 81 wrote:
    but yeah, go Flyers.

battle to the death this weekend. rangers baby
    ML181059 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    but yeah, go Flyers.

battle to the death this weekend. rangers baby

if all goes well, we will be treated to a royal rumble on sunday. :twisted:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CServant wrote:
    It hurts me to type this, but I think Detroit is still the team to beat in the West.

i can understand this statement, but i'm not sure i buy into it. i would not want to play them in first round tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    With Calgary being outed last night :lol:
    :lol:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Next year my Leafs will have a shot :D
    :lol:
    Oilers/Leafs Cup final 10-11?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

( have to pull for the Flyers in the back-to-backs this weekend, sorry Blueshirt fans...I missed the lineup deadline and didn't get to change out Prospal for Gagne in my fantasy pool - I'm four days away from takin the pot! Speakin of which...Kiprusoft better not take the last couple games off since they're out - he's my guy too :evil: )
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    The Fed EX lady brought me my playoff tix today. Maybe this is the year I will get to use more than just two or three.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    It hurts me to type this, but I think Detroit is still the team to beat in the West.

i can understand this statement, but i'm not sure i buy into it. i would not want to play them in first round tho. :lol:
    I think any coach or player would not want to face Detroit in ANY round of the playoffs!!! They are the Red WIngs for christ sake!! Always in it and always dangerous, even with a rookie goaltender.. I think this is their 18th year in a row in the post-season?? LETS GO RED WINGS!!! p.s. FUCK THE PENS!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Go Wings!
    To early for playoff match ups.
    Could be a few different teams.
    We'll be ready for anyone :twisted:
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Habs!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    MayDay10 wrote:

>

you take your name from this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xxSsEqjIk

EPIC CALL

Yes. Huge Brad May fan.
    Go Habs!

Why would someone from Australia cheer for the Habs? Have you been in the sun that long :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Go Habs!

Why would someone from Australia cheer for the Habs? Have you been in the sun that long :D

My relatives live in Montreal lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I imagine fans of the western division teams are hoping for a Wings vs. Canucks match-up so that at least one hot team gets eliminated.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Go Habs!

You leave them alone!!!