**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    im fuckin lovin that two people in here have vancouver in the finals...you think we got something special going on out here or what?

Well.... I like Bobby Loo... first off.

and Second.. the Sedins.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    blackhawks and sabers in the finals

sabers in 6
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    im fuckin lovin that two people in here have vancouver in the finals...you think we got something special going on out here or what?

Vancouver is always the team I pull for when the Sabres are eliminated, so maybe a little homer. This season could be their year too though. The West is stronger than the East. I really dont see LA, Nashville, Phoenix, or Colorado making any noise. Detroit doesnt seem as powerful as they once were and have what amounts to a rookie goaltender. San Jose is San Jose and I am done picking them until proven otherwise.

That leaves Chicago and Vancouver. What a great series and I would think a near toss - up. Both great teams. Ill give the edge to Vancouver due to this being the year of Roberto.

I dont think anyone from the East wins the cup unless Pittsburgh gets there again and Fleury is playing lights out.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    MayDay10 wrote:

Vancouver is always the team I pull for when the Sabres are eliminated, so maybe a little homer. This season could be their year too though. The West is stronger than the East. I really dont see LA, Nashville, Phoenix, or Colorado making any noise. Detroit doesnt seem as powerful as they once were and have what amounts to a rookie goaltender. San Jose is San Jose and I am done picking them until proven otherwise.

That leaves Chicago and Vancouver. What a great series and I would think a near toss - up. Both great teams. Ill give the edge to Vancouver due to this being the year of Roberto.

I dont think anyone from the East wins the cup unless Pittsburgh gets there again and Fleury is playing lights out.
    The problem with San Jose being San Jose is that Vancouver is Vancouver. Going into the playoffs great and they don't amount to much.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Parksy wrote:

Well.... I like Bobby Loo... first off.

and Second.. the Sedins.

I think the Sedins scored a Hat Trick when they were in the womb together! If not, they were at least looking to set each other up for a scoring chance.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The road to the Western Conference goes through Detroit. I hope everyone in Chicago has ordered their “Central Division Champion” shirts and hats cause that’s all your getting this year! The stink of the Hossa is upon you. :twisted: :twisted:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Jason P wrote:
    The road to the Western Conference goes through Detroit. I hope everyone in Chicago has ordered their “Central Division Champion” shirts and hats cause that’s all your getting this year! The stink of the Hossa is upon you. :twisted: :twisted:
    +1 :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Hossa = Best Bridesmaid $$$ can buy!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • tonight the pens begin the road back to cup dominance!!

GO GUINNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Tonight starts the best 2 weeks of the hockey season!

GAME ON!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    tonight the pens begin the road back to cup dominance!!

GO GUINNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cup dominance??? are u fucking kidding me?? They have one cup in the last 18 years!!!! 3 total in the past 20... This is hardly dominance!! they would be lucky to make it to the Eastern Finals this year.. No way in hell they make it to the dance.. Sid will be doing yard work at Mario's house in no time.. You want cup dominance? root for the Red Wings...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Man you just never know in hockey the Pens go down 5-4 in the first game to the Senators. That's a surprise.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    metsfan wrote:
    blackhawks and sabers in the finals

sabers in 6
    That's the final I picked in my office pool. Hope Miller is good enough to make a run like that.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I like the Blackhawks vs Capitals with the Hawks winning in 7

Now let's go BRUINS
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pens in 5

go pens!!!!!!!!!!

8-)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Detroit vs Phoenix was a great game, shaping up to be a terrific series. San Jose, how typical, could be out in first round.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pens and devs lose game 1

GREAT NIGHT !!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Detroit vs Phoenix was a great game, shaping up to be a terrific series.

Phoenix played a hell of a game last night. Shane Doan was knocking guys around all night. I still like the Wings in this one, but I think it's going to go five or six games. I think it's going to be difficult for the Coyotes to keep up that torrid pace of play.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Well done Sens, Coyotes and Avs.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    The penguins loss last night was just a hiccup, give them Sens fans just a glimmer of hope....then take it away. Pens in 6.
    I think Sid and the boys will rebound nicely.
    I think the coyotes just might take out the Redwings, wounld never have dreamed that before the playoffs started, but it is just 1 game, but a surprise to me.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Detroit vs Phoenix was a great game, shaping up to be a terrific series.

Phoenix played a hell of a game last night. Shane Doan was knocking guys around all night. I still like the Wings in this one, but I think it's going to go five or six games. I think it's going to be difficult for the Coyotes to keep up that torrid pace of play.

I agree, but if they can keep that pace up, Detroit might have a tough time winning, I don't remember a third period where Detroit looked totally gased, they really could not get anything going on the fore check.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Detroit was outshot 20-10 in the third.
    Detroit was outhit 43 -20 in the game :?
    This cannot keep up if Detroit is going to win.
    Bertuzzi has to throw his weight around a bit more.
    Detroit really has no one to protect the stars if they are getting taken advantage of.
    pk has to get better.I think Phoenix was 0 for 22 on the pp before last nights 3 for 3.
    Lidstrom high stick to the chicklets was missed.
    But all in all the Wings looked tired in the third.
    Pick it up boys!

Go Wings!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    COLORADO "F&#K&#%" AVALANCHE!!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    quite a shocker in all four series openers last night, wow. if i had to pick one team being swept it was the avs for sure...nice job.

GO PHOENIX too....

tonight is the big one for the canuckleheads....gotta win the home opener and lay the law down.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    RoughMix wrote:
    Detroit was outshot 20-10 in the third.
    Detroit was outhit 43 -20 in the game :?
    This cannot keep up if Detroit is going to win.
    Bertuzzi has to throw his weight around a bit more.
    Detroit really has no one to protect the stars if they are getting taken advantage of.
    pk has to get better.I think Phoenix was 0 for 22 on the pp before last nights 3 for 3.
    Lidstrom high stick to the chicklets was missed.
    But all in all the Wings looked tired in the third.
    Pick it up boys!

Go Wings!!

yeah i do not like the way they were dominated in the 3rd period shot wise, lack of forechecking and the Coyotes handing the puck in the Wings end, completely flat, you could see Babcock was irritated too, plus the Lidstrom non-call was a big dissapointment.

Did anyone else wonder what Lidstrom was doing on the Morris shot, on the reply his focus was on the circle when the puck was on its way to Morris but when he noticed he had the puck he just stood there and gave Morris the whole net to shoot at, seemed an odd decision he made, he could have tried to block the lower-half.

I have faith, we'll make the adjustments and head to the Joe tied 1-1
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    how about them Flyers. No love. played a great safe game 1 on the road. both Richards and Pronger scored which was great. now if the Pens can lose i can die happy.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    how about them Flyers. No love. played a great safe game 1 on the road. both Richards and Pronger scored which was great. now if the Pens can lose i can die happy.

Flyers were out played most of the game. They got lucky. Hopefully, the luck continues.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

Flyers were out played most of the game. They got lucky. Hopefully, the luck continues.

I don't know if they were outplayed. Yes the devils had the puck alot but i never felt like the flyers were not in control.
    RoughMix wrote:

Put in Brad May to knock some skulls.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    smarchee wrote:

Did anyone else wonder what Lidstrom was doing on the Morris shot, on the reply his focus was on the circle when the puck was on its way to Morris but when he noticed he had the puck he just stood there and gave Morris the whole net to shoot at, seemed an odd decision he made, he could have tried to block the lower-half.

The only thing I can figure is that he was counting on Jimmy Howard to make a save on a wide open slap shot from a distance (which he should have). That's got to be a tough decision for defenseman. I wonder if he was worried about going down to block it and deflecting it, and messing up Jimmy's line of sight. Who knows. Maybe he just missed it.
    Jimmy has to get better.