9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Vancouver is getting smoked... Great playoffs so far
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lou is out!! :shock:

crazy goal by richardson :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

Your kings seem hungry
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    norm wrote:

Your kings seem hungry

buncha dumb kids that don't know any better :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

Your kings seem hungry

buncha dumb kids that don't know any better :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: Sometimes that is all it takes
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    did you see the two stooges try to get the puck out of their own zone there? lose the puck and and then the third stooge gets beat in the net. christ almighty. the nucks are looking like crap right now. that first period was a beaut though, great hitting
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    fuck that "kick".
    fuck that call.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    :silent:
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    bad call there Toronto... while Sedin knew exactly what he was doing and was directing the puck into the net, I didn't see a distinct kicking motion.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    bad call there Toronto... while Sedin knew exactly what he was doing and was directing the puck into the net, I didn't see a distinct kicking motion.

I agree...glad Vancouver got one back quick after that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    did you see the two stooges try to get the puck out of their own zone there? lose the puck and and then the third stooge gets beat in the net. christ almighty. the nucks are looking like crap right now. that first period was a beaut though, great hitting
    all too often the canucks look like a u-10 soccer team trying to clear the ball out of their box.
    soooo frustrating.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    MayDay10 what is happening to youe Sabres? The bruins a beating them all over the place. I want the Sabres to win, but unless they pull up their socks.....I don't know if they will beat the Bruins...unless......hmmmmmmm....bring back May Day :lol::lol:

Atleast those suckee Habs got smoked again and now they have to maybe rely on Price :lol::lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

wow were they killing each other in that 1st period .. you gotta have steel beads to play this game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Atleast those suckee Habs got smoked again and now they have to maybe rely on Price :lol::lol::lol:
    Yeah they suck! Go Leafs G...oh, wait!!
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Hey, at least the Leafs have the #2 pick.....oh wait.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Hey, at least the Leafs have the #2 pick.....oh wait.
    lol
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    BLACK35 wrote:
    MayDay10 what is happening to youe Sabres? The bruins a beating them all over the place. I want the Sabres to win, but unless they pull up their socks.....I don't know if they will beat the Bruins...unless......hmmmmmmm....bring back May Day :lol::lol:

The Sabres are too undersized, weak, and banged up to answer the bell in the playoffs it seems. They cant overcome physical play with speed because too many players are hurt or banged up. They are hurt and banged up because they arent physical enough and undersized. Viscious circle.

Also, 1-1 in the 3rd, they needed Miller to outplay Rask. He didnt. Cant blame the game on Miller, but still waiting for him at some point to steal a big game.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    So, who's got the best shot of the higher seeds who may actually win one of these series??? Lesser team comments are ridiculous right now... What a fun time to be a PuckHead!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Detroit Red Wings have the best shot of winning a series as the higher seed (yes I know there not, but seriously they should be)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    smarchee wrote:
    Detroit Red Wings have the best shot of winning a series as the higher seed (yes I know there not, but seriously they should be)

I've learned to never discount the Wings, too much talent on that roster. The East is actually somewhat more to form with the Pens and Caps winning their last games. I'm thinkin' most of these series are headed for 6-7 games.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

I've learned to never discount the Wings, too much talent on that roster. The East is actually somewhat more to form with the Pens and Caps winning their last games. I'm thinkin' most of these series are headed for 6-7 games.

yeah i think so too, I still think the Sens can stretch that series to 6 but I think the Habs are done

I am surprised the Bruins are up 2-1

Detroit needs to have their legs tonight, I am concerned that they have been flat the first game after the travel
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CServant wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

AVS BABY !! that was sick

cmon sens do something
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    CServant wrote:
    So, who's got the best shot of the higher seeds who may actually win one of these series??? Lesser team comments are ridiculous right now... What a fun time to be a PuckHead!!!

Great series indeed!

#1 Caps look like they are rolling.... they will roll over the Canadiens, but look much too lose defensively to beat the good teams, but who knows.

#2 & #3 really could go either way at this point... Devils/Flyers looks like it could go 7... Boston just seems grittier than Buf and probably will win 2 of the next 4... Getting Vanek back would go a long way to helping the Sabres though.

Pens as a #4 are just looking like a better team than Ottawa and should move on

#1 Sharks... well... tonight's the night... if they come out and massively outplay the 'Lanche (again) AND get a win, then they could be on their way... but if they come up short and are down 3-1, then they will probably fold like they seem to always do...

#2 To early to get a good read, but I don't see Chicago losing... Preds could make it ugly and painful for them, but Chicago will dodge the upset.

#3 Vancouver should win, but I really like the LA team... that team is going to be a good one for some years to come. Drew Doughty is freakin' good, especially at his age.

#4 C'mon 'Yotes! talk about a fun series to watch... I hope this one goes 7. The Coyotes are easily the story of the year for the NHL, and an "upset" of the Red Wings would just further that story. If the Wings don't hold serve tonight, they are going to walk into a madhouse in Glendale on Friday night... I don't like counting Detroit out (even if they go down 3-1), but can Jimmy Howard win 3 in a row?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    but can Jimmy Howard win 3 in a row?[/quote]

not the way he is playing, he is playing like what he is

a rookie goalie in his first play-offs

I think Pheonix has 5 or 6 goals that have come right after Detroit scored, plus the giveaway goal in game # 2, he is struggling with his game right now, but its not too surprising with rookie goalies in the playoffs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    but can Jimmy Howard win 3 in a row?

not the way he is playing, he is playing like what he is

a rookie goalie in his first play-offs

I think Pheonix has 5 or 6 goals that have come right after Detroit scored, plus the giveaway goal in game # 2, he is struggling with his game right now, but its not too surprising with rookie goalies in the playoffs

very true... that is another reason that I think Pittsburgh is going to close out their series soon. Brian Elliot isn't much more experienced than Jimmy Howard.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Anyone hear about this ??

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/q ... story.html

SI questions Capitals, NHL’s handling of steroid investigation

Canwest News ServiceApril 20, 2010 2:47 PM
    The National Hockey League and the Washington Capitals are being called into question in a Sports Illustrated article regarding a possible coverup of a narcotics investigation.

SI staff writer David Epstein, known for his steroids reporting, including a piece on New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, suggests there was a possible short shrift given by both the NHL and the Capitals in response to a narcotics probe.

Under the headline — ‘Have the NHL and the Capitals given short shrift to an investigation related to steroids?’ — The SI article, which appears in the April 26 issue, outlines the case.

“Upon having more than $200,000 worth of pills, bottles and syringes — some containing steroids — seized from his Polk County (Fla.) home in May 2009, former bodybuilder Richard Thomas pointed to the Washington Capitals as one of the teams he had supplied for.”

Last month, a Thomas client, Douglas Nagel, a Virginia chiropractor who has treated Capitals players, was arrested.

After Nagel was arrested, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly issued a statement: “Based on the investigation we have done and the information we have, there is no evidence that Dr. Nagel ever supplied (or even offered to supply) performance enhancing drugs to any current or past member of the Washington Capitals.”

The Capitals issued a statement of their own as well: “This has been a thorough investigation, and we are satisfied that law enforcement, the NHL and our own internal investigation have not led to any link of steroid use by Capitals players.”

However, serious questions have arisen about the investigations.

Ian Floyd of the Polk County Sherriff’s Tactical Drug Unit contacted Polk County sheriff Grady Judd about his concerns — as published in SI: “I called and spoke with (NHL executive vice-president of security) Dennis Cunningham today in reference to the official statements made by the Washington Capitals and NHL regarding the ‘thorough investigation,” reads the e-mail, which Judd allowed SI to review. “Mr. Cunningham admitted that contrary to the below issued statements, no investigation was ever conducted into Dr. Nagel and his ties to steroids and Capitals players by anyone with the NHL.”

Daly responded to SI through an NHL spokesperson: “We stand by the public statements that we have provided on the subject, including the fact that the NHL investigated the matter and has closed its investigation. We have nothing else to say on the subject.”
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Anyone hear about this ??

yeah this was in the news about two months or so ago. dont know what to make of it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24