**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Less then an hour till the Bruins hit the ice!

"LET'S GO BRUINS, LET'S GO!"

ps .. please Capitals, beat those Rehab bum's to the ground.
    Thanks! :)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    demetrios wrote:

:thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Both of you can go eat some humble pie.
    Halak saved the day for Montreal, got us through that all-Washington first period. Good to see the team show up for the last 2.5 periods though. We didn't get swept, so already beat everyones expectations!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    edited April 2010
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Both took one on the chin but they should be back like I expect the same from the Pens.

SabresTrinity.jpg Sabres won the first one but the B's will be back.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    What is the deal with those people in green body suits next to the Kings penalty box in Vancouver??? I did a double take.. The one guy was upside down, climbing on the glass when the guy from LA got the delay penalty at the start of the 2nd. Anyone in Vancouver know these guys? or are you one of them??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Did anyone else wonder what Lidstrom was doing on the Morris shot, on the reply his focus was on the circle when the puck was on its way to Morris but when he noticed he had the puck he just stood there and gave Morris the whole net to shoot at, seemed an odd decision he made, he could have tried to block the lower-half.

The only thing I can figure is that he was counting on Jimmy Howard to make a save on a wide open slap shot from a distance (which he should have). That's got to be a tough decision for defenseman. I wonder if he was worried about going down to block it and deflecting it, and messing up Jimmy's line of sight. Who knows. Maybe he just missed it.
    Jimmy has to get better.

I think you're right about not wanting to mess Howard up, Don Cherry always says if you can't block the shot clean, then don't mess the goalie up. I think a lot of them has to be better. They need to be more physical for sure. I 'll give Phoenix they played well, especially the third period. I said when the playoffs started that any of the 16 teams in could win it all, after the first 2 nights, I really believe that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Rygar wrote:
    Halak saved the day for Montreal, got us through that all-Washington first period. Good to see the team show up for the last 2.5 periods though. We didn't get swept, so already beat everyones expectations!
    Montreal played well, if they can play like that every night they have a chance.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    God i love playoff overtime!! I got all night!! Vancouver is looking strong
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    aahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    heart attack.

8-)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    there was no doubt in my mind that the canucks would take game 1....

i give all the props in the world to quick, he looked remarkable tonight...made great, great saves....BUT he cant keep it up....our attack is too strong we take this in 5.

VANCOUVER!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    What is the deal with those people in green body suits next to the Kings penalty box in Vancouver??? I did a double take.. The one guy was upside down, climbing on the glass when the guy from LA got the delay penalty at the start of the 2nd. Anyone in Vancouver know these guys? or are you one of them??

dude those guys are at every game, where you been?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 757?ref=ts

44 thousand fans strong!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24

dude those guys are at every game, where you been?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 757?ref=ts

44 thousand fans strong!
    my brother knows one of them.
    frequents the local hockey rink.
    there was no doubt in my mind that the canucks would take game 1....

i give all the props in the world to quick, he looked remarkable tonight...made great, great saves....BUT he cant keep it up....our attack is too strong we take this in 5.

VANCOUVER!
    Hopefully they don't take it to OT the next 4 then,
    I can't keep losing the feeling in my legs. :shock:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    roberto !!! what a goal line save !!!!!!!! wow
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Montreal played well, if they can play like that every night they have a chance.
    Hope so. Halak will have to keep his level of play up, cause the first period of last night will be repeated often I suspect, and that could get very ugly!
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Hope so. Halak will have to keep his level of play up, cause the first period of last night will be repeated often I suspect, and that could get very ugly!

That could be Canada's ultimate revenge against Bettman and the US owners...Montreal takes out Washington...Ottawa takes out Pittsburgh and ruining Bettmans dream match up and an all Canadian final, that'll have Betman reaching for Rolaids for sure :D.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

That could be Canada's ultimate revenge against Bettman and the US owners...Montreal takes out Washington...Ottawa takes out Pittsburgh and ruining Bettmans dream match up and an all Canadian final, that'll have Betman reaching for Rolaids for sure :D.
    I can picture the little bobblehead now!
    I just want to throw this out their, but Bettman should be replaced and I would like to see Gretzky take over. The commissioner should be selling the league and who better to sell the league than Gretzky. They can hire lawyers and accountants to take care of the day to day business, but the face of the league should be Gretzky.

Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

It would pop right off :D.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It would pop right off :D.
    lol and move to phoenix
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    I just want to throw this out their, but Bettman should be replaced and I would like to see Gretzky take over. The commissioner should be selling the league and who better to sell the league than Gretzky. They can hire lawyers and accountants to take care of the day to day business, but the face of the league should be Gretzky.
    look gretzky was a real good hockey, player, maybe 2nd best all time

but he's pretty much proven to be less than adept at many other facets of hockey thus far...
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    lukin2006 wrote:

but he's pretty much proven to be less than adept at many other facets of hockey thus far...
    lol what??

I wouldn't put Gretz in that role. As much for his sake as anyone else's.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreed on Bettman, but Gretzky as Commish??? Maybe as a poster child, but away from the ice, Wayne ain't all that... Look at the coacing job he did in Phoenix. The Yotes got good when Tippett took over for Wayne. The NHL needs to sell the players better and revamp the schedule. This every 3 years vs the other Conference thing has to go! It sucks we only get Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. once every 3 years in our barn. They need to take a queue from the NBA and have home/home series between Western and Eastern teams every year. It could be easily done by scheduling less division games. And good for the fans? Remember us?!?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes, but he's a tremendous speaker for the sport of hockey, and unlike the bobblehead he's well received and respected by the players, the owners and the fans. He understands hockey. I also believe he would be fair to Canada in helping hockey return to Winnepeg and Quebec.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    The Blackhawks run to the Cup starts tonight!!!!
    CServant wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreed on Bettman, but Gretzky as Commish??? Maybe as a poster child, but away from the ice, Wayne ain't all that... Look at the coacing job he did in Phoenix. The Yotes got good when Tippett took over for Wayne. The NHL needs to sell the players better and revamp the schedule. This every 3 years vs the other Conference thing has to go! It sucks we only get Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. once every 3 years in our barn. They need to take a queue from the NBA and have home/home series between Western and Eastern teams every year. It could be easily done by scheduling less division games. And good for the fans? Remember us?!?

I said hire people to run the day to day operations of the league, but the person you want on TV and radio talking about the league is Gretzky, the fans will listen, the players will listen as the owners.

I totally agree about the scheduling, as a matter of fact I would like to see a balanced schedule and the playoffs 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15 and so on...I think think this conference crap is just that crap, what would the ratings be like with a penguin, capitals final...that would be an incredible finals.

• RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    milarso wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    Detroit really has no one to protect the stars if they are getting taken advantage of.

Put in Brad May to knock some skulls.
    yeah,I thought about May also.
    They brought him up for the playoffs.
    But they are going with Abdelkader tonight and taking out Williams.
    We'll see.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    lukin2006 wrote:

I said hire people to run the day to day operations of the league, but the person you want on TV and radio talking about the league is Gretzky, the fans will listen, the players will listen as the owners.
    That is not a bad idea.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

0 shots for Ovechkin last night :shock:
    First time that has happened this year.
    Habs are always my Eastern team.
    Something about Montreal home games.The crowd is just buzzing all game.
    Man,do they get into it.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."