**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:

Yes they do,but its a little to late this yr for them Habs :lol::lol: They are going down, Ovie has it going now. Habs suck, go Caps
    Leafs fan? I will say good day to you, sir.
    :P
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Big game tonight in Philly... Wish it was a Saturday and I would have gone down...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Go Desert Dogs!!!

2-1 heading into the third. i started watching TSN at 11:30 and they greeted me with " Get ready folks, aside from food and bathroom breaks, you essentially dont have to move for the next 10 hours".....triple header!!!

i love april.......so much beer. so much hockey. its fuckin great.

What does everyone think of the BULLSHIT call on the canucks in overtime and then seeing Nicolas Lidstrom LITERALLY play the puck with two feet still on the bench, but thats okay!!?!? fuck off.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Great Day For Hockey...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    My wings are making me nervous as usual.. Why won't they just hit somebody?? drives me nuts!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    love the avatar Cavstarr313...since the kings have been shitty since, well, since Gretzky left, ;):lol: i've loved watching the wings...my parents are from detroit (left in '55) so i'll root for the wings and tigers hell even the lions eventually, but as a life long laker fan who who spent his formative years watching magic and bird, i can't stand the pistons ;) :P

sooo glad vs is back on directv...the olympics and the kings making the playoffs have sparked my interest in hockey so today has been great :thumbup:

:mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    love the avatar Cavstarr313...since the kings have been shitty since, well, since Gretzky left, ;):lol: i've loved watching the wings...my parents are from detroit (left in '55) so i'll root for the wings and tigers hell even the lions eventually, but as a life long laker fan who who spent his formative years watching magic and bird, i can't stand the pistons ;) :P

sooo glad vs is back on directv...the olympics and the kings making the playoffs have sparked my interest in hockey so today has been great :thumbup:

:mrgreen:
    Funny how many folks have Detroit ties.. I hope to be able to root for the Lions one day also.. But hell yes, go Wings go Tigers.. How come no one likes the Clippers out there??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Great Day For Hockey...
    nbc yesterday mentioned that between yesterday and today it will be 29 hours worth of hockey. i gotta give credit nbc, VS and nhl network have done a great job with the playoff coverage
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Funny how many folks have Detroit ties

i've been to many wings games in la and i'd say when a goal was scored, if you weren't watching you couldn't tell which team scored :lol:
    How come no one likes the Clippers out there??

:lol::lol:

it's shocking why the worst franchise in sports history doesn't have more fans ;) :P :lol::lol:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Great Day For Hockey...
    nbc yesterday mentioned that between yesterday and today it will be 29 hours worth of hockey. i gotta give credit nbc, VS and nhl network have done a great job with the playoff coverage

It's been great, wall to wall hockey. I lose a lot of sleep during the hockey playoffs.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Being a former Winnipeg Jets fan, I'm loving the Coyotes taking it to the Wings. Bryzgalov hasn't even stolen a game yet. Normally it's against my religion to watch Wings hockey unless I'm having trouble sleeping but these games have been all right. Pretty good action so far. Not used to that from Wings games.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    :o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock:

omg wow

i don't believe what i just saw
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    metsfan wrote:

omg wow

LOL! :lol:
    That was some crazy shit!

0-0 into OT and an own goal ends it! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

omg wow

LOL! :lol:
    That was some crazy shit!

0-0 into OT and an own goal ends it! :lol:

I think the puck was redirected off the colorado player who stuck his stick out. Still tough for the sharks.

metsfan wrote:

omg wow

Are the sharks cursed?
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Go Desert Dogs!!!

2-1 heading into the third. i started watching TSN at 11:30 and they greeted me with " Get ready folks, aside from food and bathroom breaks, you essentially dont have to move for the next 10 hours".....triple header!!!

i love april.......so much beer. so much hockey. its fuckin great.

What does everyone think of the BULLSHIT call on the canucks in overtime and then seeing Nicolas Lidstrom LITERALLY play the puck with two feet still on the bench, but thats okay!!?!? fuck off.
    everyone in my livingroom is convinced the refs got a memo... make it hard for any canadian team to advance.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Dan Boyle just pulled a Steve Smith :lol: Is what the Sharks like to do, dominate regular season and then suck in the playoffs. I think management forgot to tell them you don't get the cup for having a fine regular season.
    Good to see the Pens kick Senator butt again, GO PENS GO :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    haffajappa wrote:
    everyone in my livingroom is convinced the refs got a memo... make it hard for any canadian team to advance.

I like the anti-Canadian referee conspiracy theories... when all but like 5 NHL referees are Canadian.

The Sharks are a mess... It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Love the Coyotes... that is a fun, fast series to watch.

Let's go Habs tonight!

My Pens are looking good... The fact that Crosby is only 22 years old blows my mind, he is a beast out there.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    haffajappa wrote:

I like the anti-Canadian referee conspiracy theories... when all but like 5 NHL referees are Canadian.

Let's go Habs tonight!

My Pens are looking good... The fact that Crosby is only 22 years old blows my mind, he is a beast out there.

How do you figure the sharks are a mess??? They have dominated the series, Colorado has just got terrific goaltending going on right now, sometimes as a team you come across a hot goalie and the series is a lot tougher than you imagined it would be.

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Let's go Habs tonight!

How do you figure the sharks are a mess??? They have dominated the series, Colorado has just got terrific goaltending going on right now, sometimes as a team you come across a hot goalie and the series is a lot tougher than you imagined it would be.

I guess I'm just thinking from a fan/pressure perspective... They have outplayed a lesser team in Colorado, but they are down in the series and you know how they've been in the past. If Colorado tightens it up a bit in game #4 and gets another win, ALL the Sharks are going to be asked about is why they collapse in the playoffs every year.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    lukin2006 wrote:

Let's go Habs tonight!

I guess I'm just thinking from a fan/pressure perspective... They have outplayed a lesser team in Colorado, but they are down in the series and you know how they've been in the past. If Colorado tightens it up a bit in game #4 and gets another win, ALL the Sharks are going to be asked about is why they collapse in the playoffs every year.

Maybe from a fan perspective, but on the ice the have dominated, last year they ran into a hot goalie as well, in hockey if you run into a hot goalie he can make all the difference. I pull for San Jose because there fans seems as passionate as most Canadian fans.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    Great Day For Hockey...
    -"badger" bob
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    boyle :mrgreen::mrgreen:

i think it got deflected but still awesome
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Let's go BRUINS!

Savy skated today.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    bet the sabs tonight .. cmon miller
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Big game Buffalo/Boston tonight.

It really sucks Vanek is out, that is a deflating loss. Ruff's teams have always responded well with missing skaters though.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    boyle :mrgreen::mrgreen:

i think it got deflected but still awesome

what an awful feeling that must be
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    jmurray wrote:
    Let's go BRUINS!

Savy skated today.

Hell yeah! It's gonna be 2-1 tonight for the Bruins! :)
  • by the way i would like to thank the nhl for allowing sutton to skate for ottawa

he looks like a freakin signpost out there!! :lol:
    he's doing much more harm to his team being on the ice rather than off

defending stanley cup champs looked awesome last night. everybody should fear a team that plays like that. a little more juice in fleury and i'll feel like they're unstopable

sid continues to be amazing while spezza continues to fail,
    and geno...the two headed monster is awake and playing playoff hockey!!

mckee solid solid job filling in for leopold

and id like to take a moment to congratulate caps on staying in it saturday night. true playoff grit right there. but i still hate caps and root habs in this one...

GO PENS!!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Big game Buffalo/Boston tonight.

It really sucks Vanek is out, that is a deflating loss. Ruff's teams have always responded well with missing skaters though.

SabresTrinity.jpg

I'm hoping for a down night from the Sabres after that incredible comeback win by the Bruins.

Go B's Go!
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)