**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    TOO MANY MEN BOSTON!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    MY GOD!

the stories being written in these playoffs this year are absolutely un-fucking-believable.

PHILLY v MTL

CHI v SAN JOSE

wow.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • There are very few things in sports I love more than seeing Boston teams fail. Seriously...Boston might be more obnoxious than New York, I love it. Total epicness in this failure. Classy fans, too, littering the ice.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    What a game/series! :D

Western Conference finals 1 seed vs 2 seed

Eastern Conference finals 7 seed vs 8 seed

Is that the first time that has happened? (least 7 vs 8?)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Boston I'm :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: @ you, seriously 3-0 series lead, 3-0 lead in game and lose the series and game to a big rival like Philly, what a choke job.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    There are very few things in sports I love more than seeing Boston teams fail. Seriously...Boston might be more obnoxious than New York, I love it. Total epicness in this failure. Classy fans, too, littering the ice.

I agree with boston sports.

biggest. choke. ever.

go flyers
    Total epicness in this failure.

+one million

Montreal might be ranked as an 8th seed, but You have to wonder if they just played Halak 65 times if they could have finished 4th or 5th, either way I think Montreal wins the cup, they are getting the best goaltending, their D is playing really well, and they are getting timely scoring.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    great heart by the flyers

i think the habs have destiny going though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

yep!
    when i think about the habs facing San Jose or Chicago, I cringe. But then I remember who they have beaten, and you have to think at this point, the Canadiens are favourites to win this thing. I mean, if they can handle the caps and the champs, who CANT they take?
    lukin2006 wrote:

Montreal might be ranked as an 8th seed, but You have to wonder if they just played Halak 65 times if they could have finished 4th or 5th, either way I think Montreal wins the cup, they are getting the best goaltending, their D is playing really well, and they are getting timely scoring.

yeah, even as a flyers fan, I'd say montreal has to be the favorite in the series. The flyers have home ice, but these playoffs have shown that that doesn't mean shit. the habs have knocked off two much better teams than the flyers have faced.

should be interesting...flyers are playing with house money after the bruins collapse
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

yeah, even as a flyers fan, I'd say montreal has to be the favorite in the series. The flyers have home ice, but these playoffs have shown that that doesn't mean shit. the habs have knocked off two much better teams than the flyers have faced.

should be interesting...flyers are playing with house money after the bruins collapse

Plus the flyers were running 4 d men for a lot of that series, they could be tired. Every once in a while a Montreal team comes along and wins when know one expects it.

• If i'm a sj/chi fan i'm licking my chops right now.
    but something tells me Mtl isn't done shocking the world.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    If i'm a sj/chi fan i'm licking my chops right now.

Go ahead. Write the Fly Boys off right now. Nothing but business as usual in that department....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lukin2006 wrote:

Plus the flyers were running 4 d men for a lot of that series, they could be tired. Every once in a while a Montreal team comes along and wins when know one expects it.

Pronger has been playing those kind of minutes his entire career. heck, the Flyers have rolled 4 d for the most part all year long. nothing new now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Pronger has been playing those kind of minutes his entire career. heck, the Flyers have rolled 4 d for the most part all year long. nothing new now.

timonen did look a little worn down tonight. his first period was one of the worst I've ever seen him play
  • If i'm a sj/chi fan i'm licking my chops right now.

Go ahead. Write the Fly Boys off right now. Nothing but business as usual in that department....

I'm not trying to piss on your parade, that was a hell of a comeback, but have you seen who Montreal knocked out so far? Do you see who's waiting out west?
    you guys got heart no doubt, not so sure you have a goalie
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I'm not trying to piss on your parade, that was a hell of a comeback, but have you seen who Montreal knocked out so far? Do you see who's waiting out west?

Dude, have you watched these playoffs in the East ?!?!!

Anything is fuckin possible obviously...the Flyers have home ice in ECF

I think everyone needs to rethink trying to predict whats gonna happen

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • You are right about that! It's anybody's guess. Hey, You're in it you have a shot. If an eastern team takes the cup, wow, what a story.
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

They haven't been playing almost every other night in the regular season as they are in the playoffs. I like Montreal's chances.

Dude, have you watched these playoffs in the East ?!?!!

Anything is fuckin possible obviously...the Flyers have home ice in ECF

I think everyone needs to rethink trying to predict whats gonna happen

Home ice is apparently a disadvantage in the east and in game 7's this year.

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    lukin2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

They haven't been playing almost every other night in the regular season as they are in the playoffs. I like Montreal's chances.

You like Montreal to win...what a shocker !!!

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Well bring on the Conference Finals. Whata come back by the Flyers last night. Hadn't seen the start of the game, flipped over seen 3-0 Bruins...had flash backs of the Pens/Habs game..turned the station and when I flipped back later, couldn't believe what I saw. Good game :clap:

Did anyone else see the goal by Taylor Hall at the Memorial Cup and how about Matt Duchene at the Worlds. Both fantastic goals....thought Duchene's goal was the best though :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Well bring on the Conference Finals. Whata come back by the Flyers last night. Hadn't seen the start of the game, flipped over seen 3-0 Bruins...had flash backs of the Pens/Habs game..turned the station and when I flipped back later, couldn't believe what I saw. Good game :clap:

Did anyone else see the goal by Taylor Hall at the Memorial Cup and how about Matt Duchene at the Worlds. Both fantastic goals....thought Duchene's goal was the best though :thumbup:

Saw both Hall's and Duchene's goals both fantastic. Windsor is off to a much better start at this years Memorial Cup, Go Spits Go. Like Montreal vs. San Jose final. Chicago's goalie would make me nervous if I was a Chicago fan.

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

Be careful what you wish for... as a Pens fan, I overlooked the Canadiens, and they taught me a lesson lol.

In recent years, people have been saying that the West was the stronger conference, and even before these playoffs, talking heads were saying how big of a drop in talent that the bottom 4 in the east were even to the top 4. It would be funny if a #7 or #8 from the East beat a #1 or #2 from the West :)

Part of me thinks that the Canadiens are going to run out of steam at some point, but I don't know... They got a few guys in that room who have been through the long haul and know what it takes. I don't see the Flyers beating them... They definitely battled back admirably against the Bruins, but if they put themselves in anything close to that position with the Habs, they are toast.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Be careful what you wish for... as a Pens fan, I overlooked the Canadiens, and they taught me a lesson lol.

In recent years, people have been saying that the West was the stronger conference, and even before these playoffs, talking heads were saying how big of a drop in talent that the bottom 4 in the east were even to the top 4. It would be funny if a #7 or #8 from the East beat a #1 or #2 from the West :)

Part of me thinks that the Canadiens are going to run out of steam at some point, but I don't know... They got a few guys in that room who have been through the long haul and know what it takes. I don't see the Flyers beating them... They definitely battled back admirably against the Bruins, but if they put themselves in anything close to that position with the Habs, they are toast.

Pittsburgh should have beat Montreal, I saw three problems against Montreal, Fleury was average, the Penguins wingers were average in the series and Crosby needs to learn to work through really tough series and make things happen. Not to mention that penalty 10 seconds into game 7 was really dumb, Gonchar on that short handed goal was really lame and should have been chewed out by the coach and benched.

I however do enjoy the fact that the 4 remaining teams are lead by North American skaters and the teams that relied on the European players are gone by the way side, yeah for North American style hockey...Don Cherry and I will enjoy a few beverages for the best hockey. I suspect Hossa will be Chicago's downfall and San Jose will win.

GAME TIMES FOR TOMORROW:

3pm Eastern: Chicago V San Jose

7pm Eastern: Montreal V Philadelphia
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Oh Yeah, it all starts again this afternoon. Thank GOD.....went through some hockey withdrawl on Saturday night. Really curiuos about the Hawks vs Sharks game....I think the Hawks can take them. Not even commenting on those dreaded Habs anymore...they ruined my hockey pools...they have ruined everything about the playoffs for me. :evil:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2