**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Mike Rupp this morning: "In a few hours all of us have a chance to do something pretty special."

I fucking can't wait for this game tonight... nothing like a game 7 in hockey.

i wish this focker would do something "normal" ... like get a point for crying out loud ... you're killing my pool ... you too fedotenko ... :lol:

that is all ... :mrgreen:
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    edited May 2010
    polaris_x wrote:
    Mike Rupp this morning: "In a few hours all of us have a chance to do something pretty special."

i wish this focker would do something "normal" ... like get a point for crying out loud ... you're killing my pool ... you too fedotenko ... :lol:

that is all ... :mrgreen:

yikes... Fedotenko in your pool? Hope you don't have Ponikarovsky too :) :wtf:
    Post edited by blackredyellow on
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    habs are a team of destiny
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yikes... Fedotenko in your pool? Hope you don't have Ponikarovsky too :)

haha ... no ... thank goodnesss ... got a good base with sid and gonchar and letang's been alright but i can't believe these guys have like zero points combined! ... hahaha
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    "Let's go Bruins, let's go!" :)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Go Wings! er, i mean . . . go . . . Habs?

That's right, it's time to let those wine drinking, frenchy loving, canuckleheads enjoy a cup of tea from Lord Stanley's Cup.
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    fife wrote:
    Why all this talk about Vancouver. maybe now peopel will see what i have been saying for a long time. Lou is not a great goalie and not worth the 10 mil. he will be getting next year.

lets talk about history in the making. the Flyers will be the 3rd team in history to come back to win a series from 3-0.

cap hit is 5.3 million, who cares what his salary his, your value to your team is what your cap hit is to your team. Here are the remaining goalies left in the playoffs and their cap hit.

Fleury - 5.0 (just got pulled in the most important game of the season)
    Halak - .775
    Niemi - .827 ( has let in 4+ goals how many times, team has too much firepower to make him look bad)
    Nabokov - 5.3 (notorious playoff choker)
    Rask - 3.2
    Boucher - .925
    Leighton - .183 (before this year he was a scrub)

Here are some of the goalies knocked out in the first round and their cap hit.
    Miller - 6.25 (I guess he sucks now, 6.25 for a first round exit? jeesh.)
    Brodeur - 5.2 ( this guy clearly doesnt know how to play goal, who is he? 5.2 for a 1st round exit ... shiiii--!)
    Bryzgalov - 4.25 (hey what do these 3 guys have in common? they are the vezina trophy candidates this year!)

Only 4 goalies make it out of the second round. Do your research before babbling like an idiot.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    fife wrote:
    Why all this talk about Vancouver. maybe now peopel will see what i have been saying for a long time. Lou is not a great goalie and not worth the 10 mil. he will be getting next year.

lets talk about history in the making. the Flyers will be the 3rd team in history to come back to win a series from 3-0.

cap hit is 5.3 million, who cares what his salary his, your value to your team is what your cap hit is to your team. Here are the remaining goalies left in the playoffs and their cap hit.

Fleury - 5.0
    Halak - .775
    Niemi - .827
    Nabokov - 5.3
    Rask - 3.2
    Boucher - .925
    Leighton - .183

Brodeur - 5.2 ( this guy clearly doesnt know how to play goal, who is he? 5.2 for a 1st round exit ... shiiii--!)
    Bryzgalov - 4.25 (hey what do these 3 guys have in common? they are the vezina trophy candidates this year!)

Only 4 goalies make it out of the second round. Do your research before babbling like an idiot.
    Luongo should have had some of those goals, he's sooo much better than that.
    But also, people need to realise the opposition has to get through 5 players before they score on the goalie.

Plus, you gotta be good to be lucky and lucky to be good... Good goalies have bad streaks and bad goalies can be hot for a few games... Anyone who has ever played a sport would realise that.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • farewell pittsburgh
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Is it bad that I was stressed out even when it was 4-0?
    BA BYE CRYSBY...GOOD PENALTY TO START THE GAME YOU FOOL :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    fuck :|
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Rygar wrote:

Is it bad that I was stressed out even when it was 4-0?

I was worried after they got back within 2 during the second, though oh oh shit they are gonna equalise eventually!
    Go Habs!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm really hoping for a Blackhawks-Habs Stanley Cup!

That would be amazing!

Hawks in 4! :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    So many uncalled penalties, a few off sides not called totally sucked this game's life from the Bruins. Thank god though they scored a goal in the 3rd period cause they haven't even scored a point in the last 126 plus minutes of game time! That's nuts! And doesn't make any sense at all. You're up 3 games to 0. 3 games! And you lose 3 straight hard? Like this? WTF? :shock:

Montreal kicked the Pen's ass tonight. What's up lately with these back to back goals in a few seconds apart? Same thing happened the other night in Vancouver. 2 goals 36 seconds apart. The last 2 goals in the 3rd, 26 seconds apart. Where's the defense? What were the goalies smoking? It's sudden death, win or lose & your letting in trashy goals that aren't even a worthy highlight of the night? Sweet Jebus! :shock:
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    The Last Original Six Stanley Cup Final was 1978-79 Habs V. Rangers.

Im really Hoping for this to happen, Be it boston or habs vs Hawks. Would just be cool to watch.

The Last time chicago met the habs in a final was 72-73, and twice before that I think!

Boston has never been in a Final with The Hawks.

Shaping up to be a great finish.

How nuts would it be if MTL met PHI in the conference>?? Two teams that got into the playoffs on the last day, one by a loss, and one by a shootout!!! Crazy Playoffs this year!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    The Hawks would shit stomp both the Habs and Bruins
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    Great run Habs... they are definitely the story of the playoffs so far.

Not sure who I'm rooting for the next round yet, but the Habs are a hard working team that have earned my respect.

Enjoy it Rygar, and good luck next round.

I'm oddly at peace with how this season ended for my Penguins... they've played a ton of hockey the last few years, and maybe an extra month's rest and some motivation to get back on top will do them some good.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    not trying to sound biased as a blackhawks fan, but i like our chances against all of the remaining teams. I'm rooting for either boston or mtl. in the cup with us. The way we handled the sharks this regular season i think we should be in decent position to take this in 6.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Congrats Rygar :clap: I'll give credit where credit is due.
    Your beloved Habs came back to beat the Pens. Very tough to comeback from 3-1...let alone to do it twice. I'm almost starting to think this might be destiny for them...not happy about it though :(
    Don't care for either Philly or Boston, so good luck Habs in getting to the finals where I hope they play the Hawks.
    Still PISSED about the Pens losing :twisted:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've seen this trick before from Montreal goalltending, 1986 and 1993, I think 2010 will get added now. I would say the first series and half it was more about Halak, but the last half of that Pittsburgh series Montreal has been playing really good hockey, just shows what confidence will do. I think they'll beat either Philly or Boston and will defeat Chicago or San Jose, never would have believed at the start of the playoffs. Of course they are an 8th seed, but if they took care of business in the last week of the season they re probably the 6th seed. I also wonder if they just played Halak all season where they would have finished. I would say price is done in Montreal. Good luck to the Montreal and I might as well pull for them just so Bettman can lose sleep.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Congrats Rygar :clap: I'll give credit where credit is due.
    Your beloved Habs came back to beat the Pens. Very tough to comeback from 3-1...let alone to do it twice. I'm almost starting to think this might be destiny for them...not happy about it though :(
    Don't care for either Philly or Boston, so good luck Habs in getting to the finals where I hope they play the Hawks.
    Still PISSED about the Pens losing :twisted:

The Pens series wasn't 3-1

Just sayin..
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:

Halak - .775
    Niemi - .827 ( has let in 4+ goals how many times, team has too much firepower to make him look bad)
    Rask - 3.2
    Boucher - .925

wow, is that you Lou, first off never said anything about cap hit. great goalies steal games and some times steal a series. Good goalies may not steal games or series but are not a main reason who they lose. Lou has never stole a series ever. yes you can't put all the blame on Lou but i think you can put alot on him. Lou is considered a great goalie but would you say he is.

now your list for goalies who lost in the 1st round.

Miller- yes lost first round but they would even been in the playoffs if it was not for Miller and he was not the reason that Buffalo lost. they could not score. Miller didn't let in bad goals as Lou did.

Brodeur - has won many cups so i think he can play goal. how many cups has Lou won ?

Bryzgalov- imo, the MVP in the NHL this season. here is a team that didn't even know where they were playing at the beginning of the season. they were 4 in the conference mainly due to the goalie. they took the red wings (who is a very good team) to the limit. can't6 blame the goalie.

notice a trend here. great goalies make their team better, i can't say that about Lou.

hope you have a good day and for future reference. name calling is never a good way to get a point across
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I've seen this trick before from Montreal goalltending, 1986 and 1993, I think 2010 will get added now. I would say the first series and half it was more about Halak, but the last half of that Pittsburgh series Montreal has been playing really good hockey, just shows what confidence will do. I think they'll beat either Philly or Boston and will defeat Chicago or San Jose, never would have believed at the start of the playoffs. Of course they are an 8th seed, but if they took care of business in the last week of the season they re probably the 6th seed. I also wonder if they just played Halak all season where they would have finished. I would say price is done in Montreal. Good luck to the Montreal and I might as well pull for them just so Bettman can lose sleep.
    Way I see it, every round wipes the slate clean. Playing Philadelphia/Boston could prove as tough as it was against Washington and Pittsburgh (while that's hard to believe, all these teams are capable of playing at high levels).
    I am avoiding negative karma as best I can and am not smack talking future opponents, unlike some people on here ;)
    That said, I am giving it to the Penguins/Crosby bandwagoners who've been all over me around here (here = Nova Scotia).
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

Halak - .775
    Rask - 3.2
    Boucher - .925

wow, is that you Lou, first off never said anything about cap hit. great goalies steal games and some times steal a series. Good goalies may not steal games or series but are not a main reason who they lose. Lou has never stole a series ever. yes you can't put all the blame on Lou but i think you can put alot on him. Lou is considered a great goalie but would you say he is.

now your list for goalies who lost in the 1st round.

Miller- yes lost first round but they would even been in the playoffs if it was not for Miller and he was not the reason that Buffalo lost. they could not score. Miller didn't let in bad goals as Lou did.

Brodeur - has won many cups so i think he can play goal. how many cups has Lou won ?

Bryzgalov- imo, the MVP in the NHL this season. here is a team that didn't even know where they were playing at the beginning of the season. they were 4 in the conference mainly due to the goalie. they took the red wings (who is a very good team) to the limit. can't6 blame the goalie.

notice a trend here. great goalies make their team better, i can't say that about Lou.

hope you have a good day and for future reference. name calling is never a good way to get a point across

reading comprehension is a must, clearly I never said you were talking about cap hit, i was referring to your comment about 10 million in salary, which is irrelevant because his cap hit is 5.3. Bryzlgalov is a product of tippetts system, no way is an MVP this year or the SOLE reason phx finished in 4th. hes a huige guy, who is positionally sound and sees a lot of perimeter chances. Awfully similar to Luongo the year he probably "should" have won the hart. :arrow: Miller had a great reg season but what does it mean in the playoffs when he loses to a team that could barely score in the regular season and are relying on Satan, a guy no one wanted last off season. I might also mention they just blew a 3 game lead in a series to an amazing goal tending duo of Boucher and Leighton. Sure, Marty has won 3 cups, with freakin Stevens and Neids in front of him. Not to discredit Marty becuase I love him to death but you put Luongo on those devils team and I am fairly certain the result is the same. Look at his play the last few years without those guys, he hasnt made it out of the 2nd round either.

Luongo has had 2 bad playoff series both against Chicago. Other than that he won a series his team was shut out 3 times in, won another series in 4 straight where he allowed 5 goals in those 4 games, and had another series he single handily kept close over 5 games by standing on his head including a 59 save triple OT performance in a losing cause.

this year his inconsistent play was an aberration and he will bounce back next year and be well worth his 5.3 million dollar cap hit.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    reading comprehension is a must, clearly I never said you were talking about cap hit, i was referring to your comment about 10 million in salary, which is irrelevant because his cap hit is 5.3. Bryzlgalov is a product of tippetts system, no way is an MVP this year or the SOLE reason phx finished in 4th. hes a huige guy, who is positionally sound and sees a lot of perimeter chances. Awfully similar to Luongo the year he probably "should" have won the hart. :arrow: Miller had a great reg season but what does it mean in the playoffs when he loses to a team that could barely score in the regular season and are relying on Satan, a guy no one wanted last off season. I might also mention they just blew a 3 game lead in a series to an amazing goal tending duo of Boucher and Leighton. Sure, Marty has won 3 cups, with freakin Stevens and Neids in front of him. Not to discredit Marty becuase I love him to death but you put Luongo on those devils team and I am fairly certain the result is the same. Look at his play the last few years without those guys, he hasnt made it out of the 2nd round either.

Luongo has had 2 bad playoff series both against Chicago. Other than that he won a series his team was shut out 3 times in, won another series in 4 straight where he allowed 5 goals in those 4 games, and had another series he single handily kept close over 5 games by standing on his head including a 59 save triple OT performance in a losing cause.

this year his inconsistent play was an aberration and he will bounce back next year and be well worth his 5.3 million dollar cap hit.
    I'm not the biggest Marty Brodeur fan but he is head and shoulders above Luongo. Luongo is way too inconsistent to say that he could have backstopped those Devils teams to Cups. He's also shown that he isn't really a big game player either. He steals a game once in awhile but I haven't seen him carry a team yet.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    I HATE FATHEAD MARTY but NO WAY luongo wins all those cups with the devils
    Songburst wrote:

I'm not the biggest Marty Brodeur fan but he is head and shoulders above Luongo. Luongo is way too inconsistent to say that he could have backstopped those Devils teams to Cups. He's also shown that he isn't really a big game player either. He steals a game once in awhile but I haven't seen him carry a team yet.

Really? I guess you missed the 06-07 season completely then? When Luongo went 30-7-2 down the stretch? Then beat a team that shut them out 3 times in the first round and eventually lost to the practically unstoppable cup champs. He had 48 wins and we won the division and set a franchise record in points largely because of him, he was also nominated for the Hart (should have beat Crosby) and the Vezina (should have beat Marty) He ABSOLUTELY carried the Canucks that year.
    The Luongo hate is ridiculous, any goalie could have taken those Devils teams to the cup,Lemaires system + Stevens and Neids, not to mention Rafalski and Daneyko = lots of one goal games no matter who is in net. You guys are naive if you dont think so, Its the same reason why Chris Osgood is a 3 time Stanley Cup champ, 2 as a starter. Fact is, Luongo has never had a team that good in front of him, so well never know.
    Im not saying Marty isn't one of the greatest of all time, his stats show that but seriously... he played behind a great system and d corps. You cant even dispute that.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    'nother Game #7 tonight.... should be a fun watch.

I hate the Flyers, but I'm pulling for Michael Leighton... I kinda like the Bruins, but also want to see history with a Flyers comeback. What a choke job that would be for Boston...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    crazy ass game goin on right now

Bruins were up 3-0 and blew the lead. Sound familiar?

Third period will determine who faces Montreal.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24