**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Brutal.
    I wonder if they know Round 3 has already started?
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Rygar wrote:
    Brutal.

they did look better yesterday. don't think you handle on defense. Montreal has to get to the net if they can. if they don't they lose 4 games straight. halak looked tired on the 3rd goal.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Brutal.

they did look better yesterday. don't think you handle on defense. Montreal has to get to the net if they can. if they don't they lose 4 games straight. halak looked tired on the 3rd goal.

that was an odd looking goal for sure. it seems the Habs biggest issue is D. Flyers seem to go down the middle at will
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Brutal.

that was an odd looking goal for sure. it seems the Habs biggest issue is D. Flyers seem to go down the middle at will

true, so i wonder if the Montreal media is starting to talk about Price again.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

true, so i wonder if the Montreal media is starting to talk about Price again.
    The Montreal media is about as schziophrenic as they come. The Habs D was on for the first two rounds, and I guess 3-0 is only half as bad as 6-0, so maybe 1.5-0 for game 3?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Rygar wrote:
    so maybe 1.5-0 for game 3?

so what you are saying is, the "War room" is going to take anouther goal away from Philly?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

so what you are saying is, the "War room" is going to take anouther goal away from Philly?
    I'm saying we'll stop half your goals next game, and slash fife's tires
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Here's a nice video on Crosby and his art of diving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asWCwaZpXdM

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    if its Chicago vs Philadelphia, I am rooting for Chicago

they have so much young skill, unreal
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    He's definitely not as bad with the diving and the whining as he was a couple of years ago.

NHL players are so strong on their skates that pretty much any time an NHL player hits the ice as a result of a hook it is a dive of some sort. My dream is that some day the NHL will start suspending divers caught on video.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    smarchee wrote:

I have to agree, just amazing, the big question mark going into the playoffs for them was goaltending and he's seems to be playing well. I think the Hawks will likely win it all. I thought this was SJ year, guess not.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Songburst wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    He's definitely not as bad with the diving and the whining as he was a couple of years ago.

NHL players are so strong on their skates that pretty much any time an NHL player hits the ice as a result of a hook it is a dive of some sort. My dream is that some day the NHL will start suspending divers caught on video.

I agree he's better than he was a couple years ago, let's see where he is in a couple more. Did you see that dive from Carcillo of Flyers when Gill pushed him, please. Those guys have legs the size of tree trunks, the refs know this. They should change the rule to embellishment after 3 embellishment penalties suspend them.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• mustbechrismustbechris Posts: 228
    I was bummed up in Newark when we went to all the bars in the area around the Prudential Center and couldn't get anyone to put on the Flyers game for us before the concert. In fact, we got laughed at by the bartenders we asked. I know we were in Devils country, but when you're a bar with 6 TVs and two of them aren't even on...come on.

With that said...it doesn't look like I had anything to worry about anyway. Montreal still didn't show up. It's like they haven't figured out that they're still in the playoffs. I don't expect that to last, especially going back up to Montreal for the next two games, but the way they disappeared down here, I tend to think that if the Flyers can split the next two games in Montreal they're gonna finish this series up in 5 games. The Habs just look lost out there. I don't know whether they have nothing left or whether Leighton is just shutting them down that much, but they don't have the fight in them that the Flyers had in the games they lost in the Bruins series. For whatever reason, the Flyers figured out Halak in a way that the Caps and Pens couldn't. Here's hoping it continues.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

thats funny but i thought you only did that to cop cars.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Well I know its not the NHL playoffs, but the Canadians play the Russians in about hour and a half. Hope this young squad can knock them pesky russians out....that would be sweet. GO CANADA GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Songburst wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Before round 2 I would have agreed with that.
    fife wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

thats funny but i thought you only did that to cop cars.
    I told the thugs you're a copper.
    I'm saying we'll stop half your goals next game, and slash fife's tires[/quote]

thats funny but i thought you only did that to cop cars.[/quote]
    I told the thugs you're a copper.[/quote]

your just lucky that it is not winter and your not Santa Clause or we would be fighting now. go flyers go
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    lukin2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

I have to agree, just amazing, the big question mark going into the playoffs for them was goaltending and he's seems to be playing well. I think the Hawks will likely win it all. I thought this was SJ year, guess not.

I like the way you guys think!
    Looks like Montreal finally figured out that you must score....hehehehe

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    FUCK YA GO HABS!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    another example of how shitty Bettman is

Game 4 in Montreal on a Saturday night is at 3 o'clock in the afternoon

hello !!! Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday night without a prime-time game when its the Habs at home

a big FUCK YOU !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    another example of how shitty Bettman is

Game 4 in Montreal on a Saturday night is at 3 o'clock in the afternoon

hello !!! Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday night without a prime-time game when its the Habs at home

a big FUCK YOU !!!

All this is to please NBC...I say FUCK NBC!!!!!The Habs should be on Saturday night.

On a side note, the Bell centre was loud and rocking to night, I will say Montreal has one of the most passionate fan base.

BLACK35 wrote:
    Well I know its not the NHL playoffs, but the Canadians play the Russians in about hour and a half. Hope this young squad can knock them pesky russians out....that would be sweet. GO CANADA GO

Unfortunately I think we were overmatched in this game. 14 Russian players were on the Olympic team, most of our best are still competing for the ultimate prize.

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:

All this is to please NBC...I say FUCK NBC!!!!!The Habs should be on Saturday night.

On a side note, the Bell centre was loud and rocking to night, I will say Montreal has one of the most passionate fan base.

+1
    It's not even like it's taking the place of some prime time network juggernaut show. I don't even know what they broadcast on NBC on a Saturday night (besides SNL), but I'm pretty sure it's not that important.
    The game should be on at night not just to reward the two fan bases, but here's a crazy idea: Broadcast the game at night where it will be on at the bars on Saturday night. Maybe you will start to reach out to some of the US sports fans who may not necessarily be hockey fans. Maybe you can start to get more people interested. Who knows? Maybe the sport will start to gain some popularity among people who weren't spending money on it before. Stanley Cup playoff hockey is, IMO, the most entertaining playoff format we have in the US. But there are a lot of people who have just never developed an interest. The NHL needs to start making the game more available to these people.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Unfortunately I think we were overmatched in this game. 14 Russian players were on the Olympic team, most of our best are still competing for the ultimate prize.

A big oh HELL YEAH. I was kinda chuckling to myself as I was listening to all the big name russians that were there...Malkin, Ovie, Gonchar, Datsyuk. With guys like that on the team, they should win this thing. Especially when are squad was so watered down.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

+1
    It's not even like it's taking the place of some prime time network juggernaut show. I don't even know what they broadcast on NBC on a Saturday night (besides SNL), but I'm pretty sure it's not that important.
    The game should be on at night not just to reward the two fan bases, but here's a crazy idea: Broadcast the game at night where it will be on at the bars on Saturday night. Maybe you will start to reach out to some of the US sports fans who may not necessarily be hockey fans. Maybe you can start to get more people interested. Who knows? Maybe the sport will start to gain some popularity among people who weren't spending money on it before. Stanley Cup playoff hockey is, IMO, the most entertaining playoff format we have in the US. But there are a lot of people who have just never developed an interest. The NHL needs to start making the game more available to these people.

+1 :clap:

As a Canadian, I find it very hard to watch a game when it is being played at an afternoon time slot. Hockey is meant to be played at night IMO anyways.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

+1

You got some excellent points about getting news fans, I wouldn't doubt Saturday night is one of the busiest bar days of the week. I really don't understand why the owners keep Bettman around.

BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

A big oh HELL YEAH. I was kinda chuckling to myself as I was listening to all the big name russians that were there...Malkin, Ovie, Gonchar, Datsyuk. With guys like that on the team, they should win this thing. Especially when are squad was so watered down.

Exactly!!!! North American player know how to get it done in the playoffs, Don Cherry brought it up on coach's corner that 90% of the goals scored in the conference finals were by Canadians!!!!Seeing all the good talent coming out of junior hockey the last few years and the top 2 picks this year will be Canadian we are once again starting to stock the NHL.

Congrats to Montreal on a great game. you deserve to win that one. as for the NHL and NBC putting the next game at 3 i also say a big FU. this weekend is a long weekend in canada and I don't know if they know this but people have things to do. its looks like i won't be watching this game as i am going golfing and then i have Bday. was hoping to watch the game saturday night.