**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    GAME TIMES FOR TOMORROW:

3pm Eastern: Chicago V San Jose

7pm Eastern: Montreal V Philadelphia
    Lol. Leave it to the NHL to piss on the west coast. Mid-afternoon games are hard enough for players to get "up" for but noon is ridiculous.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    I like it, better than starting to watch them at 10:00 pm ;)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Oh Yeah, it all starts again this afternoon. Thank GOD.....went through some hockey withdrawl on Saturday night. Really curiuos about the Hawks vs Sharks game....I think the Hawks can take them. Not even commenting on those dreaded Habs anymore...they ruined my hockey pools...they have ruined everything about the playoffs for me. :evil:
    Job well done I'd say!

4-0 philthadelphia, glad the refs are a little different than the last two series, lol!
    well we had a good run
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Oh Yeah, it all starts again this afternoon. Thank GOD.....went through some hockey withdrawl on Saturday night. Really curiuos about the Hawks vs Sharks game....I think the Hawks can take them. Not even commenting on those dreaded Habs anymore...they ruined my hockey pools...they have ruined everything about the playoffs for me. :evil:
    Job well done I'd say!

4-0 philthadelphia, glad the refs are a little different than the last two series, lol!
    well we had a good run

Come on rygar !

Its not over
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Songburst wrote:
    GAME TIMES FOR TOMORROW:

3pm Eastern: Chicago V San Jose

7pm Eastern: Montreal V Philadelphia
    Lol. Leave it to the NHL to piss on the west coast. Mid-afternoon games are hard enough for players to get "up" for but noon is ridiculous.

not often you get an east west double header with the west being the early game. :lol:

a 4pm east coast / 7pm west coast makes to much sense....this is Bettman's NHL we are talking about
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    you know, when the Flyers got up 3 goals in the game tonight......i wasn't really worried about them pulling a Bruin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    worst opening game of a series defeat for montreal since 1919....yikes...that's almost cubbie territory. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Job well done I'd say!

well we had a good run

It's far from over...they didn't play particularly well against Pittsburgh in game 1
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    81 wrote:
    worst opening game of a series defeat for montreal since 1919....yikes...that's almost cubbie territory. :lol:
    Lets not get carried away, they've at least won a championship that has color photos, :D:D.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

81 wrote:
    you know, when the Flyers got up 3 goals in the game tonight......i wasn't really worried about them pulling a Bruin
    \

I like that whenever you blow a big lead, you pulled a Bruin, :D:D:D.

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Job well done I'd say!

well we had a good run

philthadelphia is cute...very original. can't wait to hear the US anthem booed by those classy montreal fans.

come on dude, you quit before the game was even over. Series just started, longggg way to go
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    \

I like that whenever you blow a big lead, you pulled a Bruin, :D:D:D.

AWESOME!!!

You really bruined that one!!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    F*** x 100000000 :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Nice win by the Hawks..off to a good start. The Hawks have been great on the road in these playoffs.

Canada didn't look so good yesterday, the boys/kids better pull up their socks if they are going to win GOLD
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    The Fixer wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Job well done I'd say!

well we had a good run

philthadelphia is cute...very original. can't wait to hear the US anthem booed by those classy montreal fans.

come on dude, you quit before the game was even over. Series just started, longggg way to go
    So different from those classy Philadelphia fans cheering people getting injured. They stopped booing the anthem by game 4 of round 1 anyway.

No I didn't quit yet. We got hammered by Pittsburgh in game 1 and Halak was pulled, and he was pulled in game 3 vs Washington too. Panic - postponed until after game 2.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Lets go Hawks....put them Sharks down 2-0 and head home.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    do the habs know they're still in the playoffs?
    norm wrote:

Looks unlikely. Cue the fat lady, she's on in 2.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Rygar wrote:
    norm wrote:

do they just like the bigger challenge? :?

hopefully some home cookin' will get them going
    a series doesn't start until the home team loses or game 7 rolls around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Rygar wrote:
    norm wrote:

Must win Thursday obviously for the Habs

Halak has looked human

Rygar wrote:
    norm wrote:

Must win Thursday obviously for the Habs

Halak has looked human

he looks something....mid to late in the third he goes down and doesn't get back up until after the puck is dug out of the corner and flyers take anouther shot :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    he looks something....mid to late in the third he goes down and doesn't get back up until after the puck is dug out of the corner and flyers take anouther shot :lol:

That was weird

Maybe he was playing dead

:lol:

The Habs with back to back shut out losses...........OUCH :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    norm wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    norm wrote:

do they just like the bigger challenge? :?

hopefully some home cookin' will get them going

Yep, I'm sure all they need is a little poutine and spruce beer and they'll be good to go :mrgreen:
    Maybe they really just like the challenge of coming from behind, at least that's what I hope it is :? :D Regardless, I hope they pull off at least one win.

In the West, the Sharks are being currently being filleted 3-1 by the Hawks. Looks like they should have played the last round a little longer.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    hawks go up 2-0. since when do they let minor league teams play in the nhl. sharks couldn't handle half of what the hawks were throwing at them. bolland was the man; was all over the place. hawks in 5.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjfan021 wrote:
    hawks go up 2-0. since when do they let minor league teams play in the nhl. sharks couldn't handle half of what the hawks were throwing at them. bolland was the man; was all over the place. hawks in 5.

I don't think it ends in 5. maybe 6 games. the longer the better for me so that when the flyers win in 4 we can take a break and get carter back healthy
    I hope at least we can friken score :(
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I hope at least we can friken score :(

don't worry, you will atleast score 1 goal ;)