**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:
    Congrats to Montreal on a great game. you deserve to win that one. as for the NHL and NBC putting the next game at 3 i also say a big FU. this weekend is a long weekend in canada and I don't know if they know this but people have things to do. its looks like i won't be watching this game as i am going golfing and then i have Bday. was hoping to watch the game saturday night.

Especially with the weather turning nice, who wants to be inside on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon!!!!!!At least the organizers of The Memorial Cup moved the championship game to prime time.

The bar business in Montreal will take a hit.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    Congrats to Montreal on a great game. you deserve to win that one. as for the NHL and NBC putting the next game at 3 i also say a big FU. this weekend is a long weekend in canada and I don't know if they know this but people have things to do. its looks like i won't be watching this game as i am going golfing and then i have Bday. was hoping to watch the game saturday night.

Especially with the weather turning nice, who wants to be inside on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon!!!!!!At least the organizers of The Memorial Cup moved the championship game to prime time.

exactly, you ever feel like the NHL treats canada with as much respect as leaf management does their fans. its like they say "fuck those Canadians they will watch no matter what time the game is on."
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

exactly, you ever feel like the NHL treats canada with as much respect as leaf management does their fans. its like they say "fuck those Canadians they will watch no matter what time the game is on."

They don't treat us with any respect, it's also up to the owners of the Canadian teams to tell Bettman we want the game in the evening, CBC paid 65 million, NBC 0...the NHL gets a share of the AD revenue after expenses from NBC.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hey nebockoff :lol:

if you want to be a goalie in teh NHL...it helps if you know where the puck is in OT.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Habs!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    81 wrote:
    hey nebockoff :lol:

if you want to be a goalie in teh NHL...it helps if you know where the puck is in OT.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah he had no clue, only reacted after the water bottle got bounced. Looks like it will lights out for the Big Joe & the rest of the Sharks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    are the sharks really gonna be SWEPT?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24

I think they will.....probably this afternoon :lol:

Habs won't be far behind joining the Sharks on the golf course. Especially after yesterdays game,,,,,,,what did they get, something like only 1 shot in the second period.....and on home ice, terrible. Not gonna win many hockeys games that way.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    BLACK35 wrote:

I think they will.....probably this afternoon :lol:

Habs won't be far behind joining the Sharks on the golf course. Especially after yesterdays game,,,,,,,what did they get, something like only 1 shot in the second period.....and on home ice, terrible. Not gonna win many hockeys games that way.

It looks like the Habs are done, however, I thought that twice before and they are still playing. I can't help but think that 3 o'clock start hurt them. In the 2nd period when it was 0-0 the building seemed quieter than normal, the Montreal fans didn't have enough time to get all boozed up to be especially loud.

I'm still holding out hope that they have another miracle in the works.

wow, i was very impressed with how Jeff Carter came back yesterday and played very well. 3 wins and 3 shutouts in the series. very impressed. bring on the black hawks
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Great game by the Blackhawks. Coming back 2-0 today. Soon they will be facing the Flyers. I can't believe a backup goal that has played just 7 games? has already 5 complete shutouts in the playoffs! :shock: I was kinda hoping the Flyer's completely shut out the Hab's in 4 games without letting a single goal. I hope they win tomorrow night with another shutout! Game 3 in Montreal was totally fixed! :twisted:
    demetrios wrote:
    Great game by the Blackhawks. Coming back 2-0 today. Soon they will be facing the Flyers. I can't believe a backup goal that has played just 7 games? has already 5 complete shutouts in the playoffs! :shock: I was kinda hoping the Flyer's completely shut out the Hab's in 4 games without letting a single goal. I hope they win tomorrow night with another shutout! Game :lol: 3 in Montreal was totally fixed! :twisted:

Totally fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!How do you figure????????????????????????????????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well is the last game for Les Habitants, I hope so :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ugh :roll:

GO HAWKS!!!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    norm wrote:
    ugh :roll:

GO HAWKS!!!

+1 :cry:

Go Hawks!!!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    CHICAGO%20BLACKHAWKS%20LOGO.gif 'S

all the way.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia-Flyers.gif
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    1c28e3bed7599fe621da2a243383e74c.gif VS d21be9d38943718766bffd92c50062c6.gif

HAWKS in 6 again :D
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    g under p wrote:
    1c28e3bed7599fe621da2a243383e74c.gif VS d21be9d38943718766bffd92c50062c6.gif

HAWKS in 6 again :D

We shall see...

I never make predictions

Especially this year !!!

GO FLYERS!!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    :( :cry:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    :( :cry:
    Best case scenario - arena collapse.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    One word - Hossa - LET'S GO FLYERS!
    I will like to say congrats the the Flyers and the Blackhawks in reaching the cup finals. I hope it will be a great series and by great i mean a cup for the Flyers but i do think it will be a very good finals.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=322594

Are the flyers getting respect finally, I don't like it.

One thing i don't understand is why the 1st game is not until Saturday. i am actually glad its not Wednesday as it gives the Flyers to adjust but I don't understand why it doesn't start on Thursday.
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    fife wrote:
    One thing i don't understand is why the 1st game is not until Saturday. i am actually glad its not Wednesday as it gives the Flyers to adjust but I don't understand why it doesn't start on Thursday.

The mighty American tv ratings is why.... :roll:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
    coachchris wrote:
    fife wrote:

atleast its not on at 3 pm and back to where hockey should be. 8 pm
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Yzerman leaves Wings to run Tampa Bay Lightning

By HELENE ST. JAMES
    FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Steve Yzerman grew into a hockey legend while in Detroit, became a husband and father while in Detroit, and transitioned from professional athlete to a front office job while in Detroit.

But to achieve his next dream, that of running his own NHL franchise, he had to do what so many Michiganders do in retirement: Move to Florida.

Yzerman, who turned 45 earlier this month, will be taking over running the Tampa Bay Lightning, the team is set to announce this afternoon. Yzerman will be the club’s sixth general manager. Yzerman was not immediately available for comment.

From the time he was drafted by the Red Wings in 1983 to his retirement at the end of the 2005-06 season to his taking a job in the front office as a team vice president, Yzerman never has known any other NHL club. His number, 19, was raised to the rafters of Joe Louis Arena on Jan. 2, 2007, and last December, he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

With general manager Ken Holland well entrenched in Detroit, however – he’s due to sign an extension this summer, even with a year still left on his current deal – Yzerman knew he’d have to eventually align himself with another team if he wanted to run his own club. Last fall, he told the Free Press he was giving the matter a great deal of thought.

“I’m not just going to run out and jump at an opportunity,” he said. “I’ve been in Detroit a long time and I’ve been with the organization a long time, and I like being a part of what we’re doing. But do I want to run an NHL team one day? Yes, in the right circumstances. And I’m not sitting waiting for Kenny to leave. So that’s the reality of it, is that if I want to run an NHL team, I have to move.”

The Lightning, then under the ownership of late Pistons owner Bill Davidson, won the Stanley Cup in 2004, but has failed to qualify for the playoffs three years running. There is a good core in place, however, with highly touted draft picks Steve Stamkos and Victor Hedman, plus All-Stars Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis, as well as a new owner in Jeff Vinik.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100525/S ... -Lightning
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    coachchris wrote:
    fife wrote:

Saturday was originally scheduled for Game 7 of Sharks v Hawks. It probably took an act of god just to move it up to Saturday. In baseball the teams would both sit around for a week, because there's no way the World Series schedule could ever be changed :x
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was hoping for a thursday start. lets get it on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg