**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    lets go guinnies!!!

do like we do best, close'em out on the road!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    GO HABS!!!

Take 'er to seven. Should be a good game :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    fuckin habs. unbelievable is all you can say. amazing.

BRUINS HABS CONF FINAL!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    GO HABS!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    :shock: Wow, just wow. Way to go Habs :D
    Haven't beaten the pengs at home yet, gonna be tough.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Game 2 ;)
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    oh boy... not liking how this is going at all...

hopefully the every other game pattern works and Pens can pull off game 7.

I've been a strong supporter of Fleury over the years, but man... last night he needed to make a "big" save or two, and he did not. Hopefully he bounces back like he usually does.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck tomorrow night... these games seem to have a more frantic pace than most, and long times between whistles... tough to watch and keep the stress level down lol.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

I've been a strong supporter of Fleury over the years, but man... last night he needed to make a "big" save or two, and he did not. Hopefully he bounces back like he usually does.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck tomorrow night... these games seem to have a more frantic pace than most, and long times between whistles... tough to watch and keep the stress level down lol.
    Yah no one has won two in a row here, and I see no reason that'll change (that has no basis, I know lol).
    I wish Lapierre would talk less and score more....where did that come from...
    Rygar wrote:

Yah no one has won two in a row here, and I see no reason that'll change (that has no basis, I know lol).
    I wish Lapierre would talk less and score more....where did that come from...

Lapierre sorta reminded me a bit of Matthew Barnaby last night... he never shut up, was making stupid faces/taunting, and then coming out of nowhere with a nice goal.... except the fact that Barnaby would back it up and fight anyone lol
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Lapierre sorta reminded me a bit of Matthew Barnaby last night... he never shut up, was making stupid faces/taunting, and then coming out of nowhere with a nice goal.... except the fact that Barnaby would back it up and fight anyone lol
    Lol yah that ain't happenin
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fuckin habs. unbelievable is all you can say. amazing.

BRUINS HABS CONF FINAL!!

you speak too soon. my flyers will be there, not Boston.
  • Ok Blackhawks, don't make this thing go 7
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    WHY DO THE HOCKEY GODS HATE US SO MUCH?!
    NOW EDLER?!
    ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEE :( :( :( :(
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    GO CANUCKS GO!!!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    That was a terrible pass that led to that shorthanded goal
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    That was a terrible pass that led to that shorthanded goal
    Ughhh this is just frustrating.
    Canucks are so much better than this but always choke around this time.

Ps. Gary Bettman is on tv i hope he falls off his stool and knocks his teeth out. 8-)
    Gary Bettman is such an ass hole. I'm watching his interview on HNIC... I'm glad Ron McClean and them are laughing at Bettman, what a douchebag. Won't even let the guy finish his questions, then doesn't even answer the question, and then interrupts the guy when he's trying to talk. Someone needs to put that pompous twat in his place.

"Why does the league keep fighting to keep a team in the Arizona desert?"
    ...then Bettman goes on about Chicago.
    fuck off. :roll:

Bad time to show a Bettman interview when i'm a frustrated Canucks fan!! :lol:
    Well . . . that's all they wrote in Vancouver :cry: What a disappointing end to the season, especially the score in this game.

Looks like it's San Jose vs Chicago for the Western Conference.

Go Habs! :oops: :? :)
    Well . . . that's all they wrote in Vancouver :cry: What a disappointing end to the season, especially the score in this game.

Looks like it's San Jose vs Chicago for the Western Conference.

Go Habs! :oops: :? :)
    I'll be pulling for the Habs now too!
    Maybe next year.... we won't choke 2nd round! :roll:

Hopefully we'll be back with a stronger D... and a healthier one.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking hate that baby Luongo
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:
    Gary Bettman is such an ass hole. I'm watching his interview on HNIC... I'm glad Ron McClean and them are laughing at Bettman, what a douchebag. Won't even let the guy finish his questions, then doesn't even answer the question, and then interrupts the guy when he's trying to talk. Someone needs to put that pompous twat in his place.

"Why does the league keep fighting to keep a team in the Arizona desert?"
    ...then Bettman goes on about Chicago.
    fuck off. :roll:

Bad time to show a Bettman interview when i'm a frustrated Canucks fan!! :lol:

I'll never figure why they they keep fighting to keep the yotes in Phoenix...worst yet is you have 2 groups willing to buy them and loose a ton of money. I do think if Reinsdorf buys them he will eventually move them. It's no secret that its a poorly run league. Both Winnipeg and Quebec deserve a team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Vancouver officials might want to consider removing the captaincy from Luongo. I think goaltending is pressured filled enough with the added pressure of him being the captain. I think one of the Sedin's.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    What happen after the 1st intermission? What did the coach say to his team to bring such a huge letdown in the 2nd & 3rd period? 0-0 going into the 2nd. 2 goals back to back within a 36 time frame. Then a short handed break away goal. Then another 2 goals back to back within 26 seconds? Luongo was letting these easy shot's go right by. Many right underneath his pads. Butterfly style isn't Luongo favorite move. Defense for Vancouver was totally awful tonight. Was hoping for Vancouver to win, but tonight, at home, was not a good night at all.
    Sawyer wrote:
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking hate that baby Luongo
    At least he doesn't have a ridiculous mullet and go around punching cabbies. :roll:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Vancouver officials might want to consider removing the captaincy from Luongo. I think goaltending is pressured filled enough with the added pressure of him being the captain. I think one of the Sedin's.
    Yeah I think so too, it was a weird move in teh first place to have him as C...
    demetrios wrote:
    What happen after the 1st intermission? What did the coach say to his team to bring such a huge letdown in the 2nd & 3rd period? 0-0 going into the 2nd. 2 goals back to back within a 36 time frame. Then a short handed break away goal. Then another 2 goals back to back within 26 seconds? Luongo was letting these easy shot's go right by. Many right underneath his pads. Butterfly style isn't Luongo favorite move. Defense for Vancouver was totally awful tonight. Was hoping for Vancouver to win, but tonight, at home, was not a good night at all.
    What happened after the first intermission of game 2? That's when it all went bad, man!
    Our D was annihilated by injuries leaving us o'brien and bieksa... :shock: O'brien is just terrible.
    Rygar wrote:
    Game 2 ;)

:oops:
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Why all this talk about Vancouver. maybe now peopel will see what i have been saying for a long time. Lou is not a great goalie and not worth the 10 mil. he will be getting next year.

lets talk about history in the making. the Flyers will be the 3rd team in history to come back to win a series from 3-0.
    Mike Rupp this morning: "In a few hours all of us have a chance to do something pretty special."

I fucking can't wait for this game tonight... nothing like a game 7 in hockey.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln