**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Songburst wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Huh, i was watching the Canucks game... with the other poor people in the nosebleeds.
    All I said was the reffing was pretty bad, if you think the reffing was great I'll wonder what game you were watching. But I didn't go further than that...

O'brien didn't see much ice time the second period, thank god.
    Reffing was not an issue last night. Canucks need to be better or they are done. Everybody sucked last night from the coaching to the goalie.

Well, I have to agree that the Canucks need to be better, especially on the PK, I usually don't like to blame the officiating but the reffing WAS an issue, the call on Raymond was a clear dive by Kopecky, Burrows roughing penalty to put Chicago on the 5 on 3 was bullshit, the Canucks need to realize its the playoffs? So do the officials, what happened to the days of hard battles and scrums in front of the net? Gone apparently. Also, the Salo holding call was marginal, sure he had the free arm on the guy but his feet were still moving, they usually only call that when you get the free arm around the guy AND your feet stop moving. Also, Hossa had a clear holding penalty in the 3rd while the game was still 5-3, that wasn't called. It was EXACTLY the same as the call against Salo in the 2nd. Then they turned around and called Alberts for a holding call, that was eerily similar to the one not called against Hossa but called against Salo. Then again on the Alberts PK, Hossa hauled down Burrows in the neutral zone, no call. Also the penalties going into the 3rd were 7 for us, 4 for them. If you are going to call it one way or the other, you have to call EVERYTHING or NOTHING. Especially in the playoffs, it cant be slanted one way. Both teams are playing hard.
    i think that was the game i watched...
    although the alberts penalty was just dumb on his part.
    and we all know about o'brien.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    the o brien penalties were just undisciplined, dumb penalties and were called properly, same with Dannys interference penalty on Seabrook and his cross checking penalty in the corner, I forget who it was on but it was pretty much right after his first one.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    the o brien penalties were just undisciplined, dumb penalties and were called properly, same with Dannys interference penalty on Seabrook and his cross checking penalty in the corner, I forget who it was on but it was pretty much right after his first one.
    O'brien is such a goon. just like his showboating after that kings game.
    what an oaf.
    just got to post it here.

Burish to Daniel Sedin after game 3 "Hey Danny, your brother is ugly!" :lol:
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Songburst wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Huh, i was watching the Canucks game... with the other poor people in the nosebleeds.
    All I said was the reffing was pretty bad, if you think the reffing was great I'll wonder what game you were watching. But I didn't go further than that...

O'brien didn't see much ice time the second period, thank god.
    Reffing was not an issue last night. Canucks need to be better or they are done. Everybody sucked last night from the coaching to the goalie.

Well, I have to agree that the Canucks need to be better, especially on the PK, I usually don't like to blame the officiating but the reffing WAS an issue, the call on Raymond was a clear dive by Kopecky, Burrows roughing penalty to put Chicago on the 5 on 3 was bullshit, the Canucks need to realize its the playoffs? So do the officials, what happened to the days of hard battles and scrums in front of the net? Gone apparently. Also, the Salo holding call was marginal, sure he had the free arm on the guy but his feet were still moving, they usually only call that when you get the free arm around the guy AND your feet stop moving. Also, Hossa had a clear holding penalty in the 3rd while the game was still 5-3, that wasn't called. It was EXACTLY the same as the call against Salo in the 2nd. Then they turned around and called Alberts for a holding call, that was eerily similar to the one not called against Hossa but called against Salo. Then again on the Alberts PK, Hossa hauled down Burrows in the neutral zone, no call. Also the penalties going into the 3rd were 7 for us, 4 for them. If you are going to call it one way or the other, you have to call EVERYTHING or NOTHING. Especially in the playoffs, it cant be slanted one way. Both teams are playing hard.

EDIT: The Salo penalty was at the end of the 1st, not in the 2nd.

calls went against the hawks too, so you can't really complain (luongo tripping buff)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Tonight's game might define the series,.....give them hell HABS
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

just got to post it here.

Burish to Daniel Sedin after game 3 "Hey Danny, your brother is ugly!" :lol:

give it up already :oops:
    poooor hank.
    and dank. :(

i still love the 'what if Kane had twenty cents' sign you mentioned though. :lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Crosby and Malkin are learning what the Caps Ovec and Semin learned in the first round.....Playing the Montreal canadiens isn't as easy as it looks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Even Don Cherry is complaining about the officiating in the CHI/VAN game last night, never thought I would say this but I kinda have to agree with Don on this one.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Damn Penguins :x
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    And just like that, Detroit is gone. Hopefully the Canucks don't follow suit tomorrow.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    It sucks to lose, but San Jose deserved to move on. However, I do think at some point, they are going to remember they are the Sharks, and they aren't supposed to play well in the postseason :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    It sucks to lose, but San Jose deserved to move on. However, I do think at some point, they are going to remember they are the Sharks, and they aren't supposed to play well in the postseason :lol:

Maybe this is the turning point, even if they don't get to the finals they have to feel good, however, I think they will beat Chicago and play Pittsburgh for the cup, Chicago's time will come next year I think. Detroit needs to learn to shake hands with the over 35 players on this team and let them go. Detroit did not win a third period in this series, that's a sign of age, they also need to add some crashers and bangers, but I think that means they'll have to start drafting non europeans, because most teams don't let their solid crashers and bagers become free agents. I agree San Jose did deserve to win and their fans deserved it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Fuck it, I ain't shaving!! Congrats to the Sharks.. Outplayed us and deserve it.. Can't wait for next year!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Did you all see Uncle Neil at the Sharks/Redwings game last night? Must be a big Sharks fan.
    Looks like the Redwings are done, they won't know what do do with themselves this time of yr, they are still usually playing into June.
    HUGE WIN by the Pens :clap::clap: Fluery was awesome tonight, too bad he couldn't get the shut out. One more win baby, then bring on the Bruins (who should beat Philly). Habs will be in tough now with Gill more than likely done for the series.

GO PENS GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Did you all see Uncle Neil at the Sharks/Redwings game last night? Must be a big Sharks fan.
    Looks like the Redwings are done, they won't know what do do with themselves this time of yr, they are still usually playing into June.
    HUGE WIN by the Pens :clap::clap: Fluery was awesome tonight, too bad he couldn't get the shut out. One more win baby, then bring on the Bruins (who should beat Philly). Habs will be in tough now with Gill more than likely done for the series.

GO PENS GO

yeah Neil has Sharks season tickets, he also is a big fan of the Leafs, and his dad is in the hockey hall of fame which is pretty cool
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO PENS GO

Neil Young has sharks season tickets, he goes to pretty much all the games.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I think Vancouver will be gone tonight. Chicago and SJ will be a good western conference final.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think Vancouver will be gone tonight. Chicago and SJ will be a good western conference final.

+1
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I do agree that watching powerplay hockey sucks. The refs are mandated to call everything at all times now. The refs didn't lose those games for the Canucks though -- it's just an easy excuse.

Missed the game tonight -- hopefully it was the Canucks and not the refs that won the game for them tonight.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

+1

+2 Least the Flyers haven't been eliminated yet, hehehe.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2010
    Yay Canucks! Much better disciplined play tonight and Luongo was hot. Hope they bring it back to Van on Tuesday :D
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • im joining this party a little late.. LETS GO BRUINS.. phinish off philly tomorrow.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    We'll I won't be able to watch the Penguins game tonight as I have a prior engagement....got a thing in Buffalo tonight :lol:
    I'll jus give my shout out to the Pens now. Here is hoping they don't let it get to a game 7. Finish the Habs off at home....then let the riot begin :lol::lol:

GO PENS GO :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    We'll I won't be able to watch the Penguins game tonight as I have a prior engagement....got a thing in Buffalo tonight :lol:
    I'll jus give my shout out to the Pens now. Here is hoping they don't let it get to a game 7. Finish the Habs off at home....then let the riot begin :lol::lol:

GO PENS GO :thumbup:
    You're probably right about one thing you've said there, lol
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Hopefully my Pens can find their complete game tonight... I really don't want to have to watch a game seven, especially against a team who just won a game #7.

I really can't see Gill missing the game, I'll be really surprised if he's not out there.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Hopefully my Pens can find their complete game tonight... I really don't want to have to watch a game seven, especially against a team who just won a game #7.

I really can't see Gill missing the game, I'll be really surprised if he's not out there.

Gill is out
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    im joining this party a little late.. LETS GO BRUINS.. phinish off philly tomorrow.

Hell yeah! And let's go Penguins! Beat those Hab bum's @ their own home ice!
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

Gill is out

Martin in saying gametime decision, and Gill skated today...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln