2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

myspace-glitter-graphic-nhl-canucks.gif
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i'm at work and can't get a proper stream... so i finally go the radio stream to work.
    i overheard shorty say they took another run at lou...

pretty bad when your game plan requires trying to fuck over our goalie. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    i really hate that, and its not like they've even been subtle.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEFINITION OF INTERFERENCE?
    LIKE FUCKING SERIOUSLY.
    i'm so pissed off and i've only been watching for 10 minutes cos i just got home from work.

and bieksa sucks.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:
    SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEFINITION OF INTERFERENCE?
    LIKE FUCKING SERIOUSLY.
    i'm so pissed off and i've only been watching for 10 minutes cos i just got home from work.

and bieksa sucks.

That 5th goal was interference, I'm seen a lot less get called, just ask Detroit. All Vancouver can do now is get ready and move on.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    milarso wrote:
    I bet Yzerman takes the GM job in Tampa Bay.
    Wish him nothing but the best.

I agree, if he wants a GM job he'll have to take something like that. Not a bad situation though, they have a star in the making in Stamkos and a high draft pick this year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    There wasn't that much interference in the game. I think they beat lou fair and square on the first 4 w/o a doubt.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    pjfan021 wrote:
    There wasn't that much interference in the game. I think they beat lou fair and square on the first 4 w/o a doubt.

Yeah... 5th goal should have been disallowed, but man... the 'nucks don't have any defenseman that can handle Byfuglien in front of the net.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjfan021 wrote:

the main reason why they are crashing the net is because luongo gives up crappy rebounds ... he showed it in the olympics where i think we won despite of him ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

the main reason why they are crashing the net is because luongo gives up crappy rebounds ... he showed it in the olympics where i think we won despite of him ...

Who ever thought goaltending would be an issue for Canada, it may very well be an issue 4 years from now. Lets hope we start to develop some better goaltenders in the near future. Maybe in hindsight Fleury should have been the back up, but even he is not great on a consistent level like a young Roy or Brodeur were. On a positive note are skilled position look great for the next Olympics.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Who ever thought goaltending would be an issue for Canada, it may very well be an issue 4 years from now. Lets hope we start to develop some better goaltenders in the near future. Maybe in hindsight Fleury should have been the back up, but even he is not great on a consistent level like a young Roy or Brodeur were. On a positive note are skilled position look great for the next Olympics.

goaltending is the hardest position to maintain excellence in hockey ... kudos to brodeur and the other great ones ... your right tho ... we'll see who's available in 4 years ... it's a long time ...
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Put the brooms away for now kids, curly fries for everyone! (Well, everyone in Detroit, anyway!)
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    milarso wrote:
    Put the brooms away for now kids, curly fries for everyone! (Well, everyone in Detroit, anyway!)
    This is crazy.. Where the hell has this been??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    This is crazy.. Where the hell has this been??
    I'm not sure. I just hope it lasts for another three games.
    Hopefully after this game, the Sharks remember who they are.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    well that sucked :|
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    Well, I guess my playoff beard will be joining me in Indy tomorrow for the show! :lol:
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    milarso wrote:
    Well, I guess my playoff beard will be joining me in Indy tomorrow for the show! :lol:
    :lol:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    milarso wrote:

i hope you dont shave till thursday morning (after game 7)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    smarchee wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Don't you think it would be better if we shave the morning of the parade????
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    smarchee wrote:
    milarso wrote:

Don't you think it would be better if we shave the morning of the parade????

:lol::lol: Nice line, but don't think it will happen this yr.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

:lol::lol: Nice line, but don't think it will happen this yr.

I wouldn't bet on it either right now. But if Detroit can win Game 5 in San Jose (and that's a big "if") I don't think they will lose again at the Joe. And anything can happen in Game 7, so right now Game 5 is really important to the Sharks, a team that, historically, isn't the best under pressure. We'll see though. San Jose has shown me a lot more in these playoffs than they have in the last few years.
    C'mon Canucks
    C'mon Canucks
    I was there tonight to watch the brutality first hand... theres 180 down the drain.
    But we still have 3 more games!

Reffing was pretty bad... that Raymond penalty was balls.
    haffajappa wrote:
    C'mon Canucks
    I was there tonight to watch the brutality first hand... theres 180 down the drain.

I would say "lucky you," but I was feeling sick just watching it on the tube :sick:

You're right, the reffing tonight was atrocious, but so was the Canuck PK :roll: :?

I shall make many offerings to the gods of hockey this weekend . . . hopefully my faith will be rewarded :D
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Good win for the Hawks. The Canucks are in real trouble now. The Canucks got to stop worrying about getting even with everybody and just play their hockey. They took way too many stupid penalties tonight, I would have benched O'Brien, the twins are trying to become tough guys now. Unless they put the vendetta side of things on hold to next season....the Canucks will only be playing 1 more game.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    haffajappa wrote:
    C'mon Canucks

What game were you watching? I want the Canucks to win but it was them who have been balls. Refs had absolutely nothing to do with the shitty hockey that Vancouver has been playing the last couple of games. Luongo is playing average October hockey. Everyone is taking dumb penalities. Wave goodbye to the 'Nucks in game 5 if they don't clue in that it's the playoffs. They're so afraid to let Byfuglien beat them that they let Toews, Kane and Sharp run around free and clear.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    C'mon Canucks

What game were you watching? I want the Canucks to win but it was them who have been balls. Refs had absolutely nothing to do with the shitty hockey that Vancouver has been playing the last couple of games. Luongo is playing average October hockey. Everyone is taking dumb penalities. Wave goodbye to the 'Nucks in game 5 if they don't clue in that it's the playoffs. They're so afraid to let Byfuglien beat them that they let Toews, Kane and Sharp run around free and clear.
    Huh, i was watching the Canucks game... with the other poor people in the nosebleeds.
    All I said was the reffing was pretty bad, if you think the reffing was great I'll wonder what game you were watching. But I didn't go further than that...

O'brien didn't see much ice time the second period, thank god.
    haffajappa wrote:
    C'mon Canucks

I would say "lucky you," but I was feeling sick just watching it on the tube :sick:

You're right, the reffing tonight was atrocious, but so was the Canuck PK :roll: :?

I shall make many offerings to the gods of hockey this weekend . . . hopefully my faith will be rewarded :D
    Yeah, our PP is pretty lame right now too.
    And what was alberts thinking?!
    I want Mitchell back :( i can't stand Bieksa and O'Brien back there... everytime they get the puck my heart stops and i just pray they don't screw up but its a toss up whether they'll give the puck away or do something stupid.

Anyways, I'm glad you and I are still in it to the end, unlike many ppl in the city who may have given up on them... Here's to Sunday!!!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    haffajappa wrote:
    Huh, i was watching the Canucks game... with the other poor people in the nosebleeds.
    All I said was the reffing was pretty bad, if you think the reffing was great I'll wonder what game you were watching. But I didn't go further than that...

Reffing was not an issue last night. Canucks need to be better or they are done. Everybody sucked last night from the coaching to the goalie.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    edited May 2010
    Songburst wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Reffing was not an issue last night. Canucks need to be better or they are done. Everybody sucked last night from the coaching to the goalie.

Well, I have to agree that the Canucks need to be better, especially on the PK, I usually don't like to blame the officiating but the reffing WAS an issue, the call on Raymond was a clear dive by Kopecky, Burrows roughing penalty to put Chicago on the 5 on 3 was bullshit, the Canucks need to realize its the playoffs? So do the officials, what happened to the days of hard battles and scrums in front of the net? Gone apparently. Also, the Salo holding call was marginal, sure he had the free arm on the guy but his feet were still moving, they usually only call that when you get the free arm around the guy AND your feet stop moving. Also, Hossa had a clear holding penalty in the 3rd while the game was still 5-3, that wasn't called. It was EXACTLY the same as the call against Salo in the 2nd. Then they turned around and called Alberts for a holding call, that was eerily similar to the one not called against Hossa but called against Salo. Then again on the Alberts PK, Hossa hauled down Burrows in the neutral zone, no call. Also the penalties going into the 3rd were 7 for us, 4 for them. If you are going to call it one way or the other, you have to call EVERYTHING or NOTHING. Especially in the playoffs, it cant be slanted one way. Both teams are playing hard.

EDIT: The Salo penalty was at the end of the 1st, not in the 2nd.
    Post edited by EquallyWorthless on
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}