**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Wow the Hawks won. Not a bad game, but I thought she was going to OT for sure. Nice goal by Sharpe to tie the game.

But enough of the Canucks Hawks game, The real game is tonight. Go PENS :thumbup:
    No Pens!
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!!

With Savvy back and Philly's injuries we are looking real good. Long way to go in the series but I think the Bruins are going to be a tough out. Even if they get Pittsburgh in the next round. Finally the team is getting healthy (except for the loss of Sturm) and starting to show flashes of the team we saw last year.
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    The winged wheel better get it done tonight.. Do it for him---->
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I'm sure Stevey Y will lose lots of sleep if the Wings get eliminated.

Actually he might because watching Wings hockey is a great sleep-aid.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:

Don't tell me you are trying to insult Steve Yzerman.. Say what you will about the current state of the Red wings, but implying that Steve Yzerman doesn't care about his team is truly the dumbest fucking thing I have heard you say yet.. Get real my friend!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    The greatest insult is insulting Stevie Y. I'm a Leaf fan, but he is my second favorite player of all time behind only the Great one.

Go Pens. I'm predicting that Crosby gets 3 points tonight
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    The greatest insult is insulting Stevie Y. I'm a Leaf fan, but he is my second favorite player of all time behind only the Great one.

Go Pens. I'm predicting that Crosby gets 3 points tonight
    Amen!! Pretty good coming from a leafs fan.. Tell your boys to get their shit in gear already..
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    This should be interesting Pens on the power play.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    g under p wrote:
    That was it. We couldn't beat Fluery in the first when we had who knows how many chances, now we're getting skunked.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    That was it. We couldn't beat Fluery in the first when we had who knows how many chances, now we're getting skunked.

that crossbar at the end of the 1st was big
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ScratchedArmsScratchedArms Posts: 109
    Big PP goal by Geno. He loves that spot. Scored from there several times against Sens. Flower huge..... GO PENS!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    well I knew I would be at some point coming to terms with Howard costing us because he is a rookie goalie, and it was definitly tonight, as well as present vs Pheonix

tough loss with that goal in mind
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    well I knew I would be at some point coming to terms with Howard costing us because he is a rookie goalie, and it was definitly tonight, as well as present vs Pheonix

Hate to say it, but this may be the end of the road
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    smarchee wrote:

Hate to say it, but this may be the end of the road

I don't see you guys beating SJ 4 straight to be honest. That 2 on 1 was kind of a lucky break but they took advantage of it...I think Howard came a little too far out of the net too; might've still went in but seemed to leave way too much open in case of the pass. Suprised to see SJ make it past the first round let alone go 3 up on the wings. tough break.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The wings are losing the third periods in this series, they use to control the third periods, to me that's a sign of age.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    pens
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Oh Yeah, big win for the Pens, way to take home ice back.

I will have to say that the festivities that started the game with the kid and the torch and the ice starting on fire was AWESOME. Thats how to start a game....if you can't get jacked for a game after that...your probably close to being clinically dead
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    BLACK35 wrote:

Amen to that as well... I grew up in Pittsburgh, and the two big posters on my wall were Lemieux & Yzerman. He was/is by far my favorite non-Penguin.

Obvious statement of the day - the wings are in trouble. Any thoughts of going to Osgood next game. Not saying that Howard has been terrible (except that shot from the corner), and Osgood hasn't played in weeks, but they gotta shake something up.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Amen to that as well... I grew up in Pittsburgh, and the two big posters on my wall were Lemieux & Yzerman. He was/is by far my favorite non-Penguin.

Obvious statement of the day - the wings are in trouble. Any thoughts of going to Osgood next game. Not saying that Howard has been terrible (except that shot from the corner), and Osgood hasn't played in weeks, but they gotta shake something up.

All hail Stevie Y ... i don't know anyone who doesn't like that guy ...

i think you should goto osgood ... need to mix it up ... gotta remember that conklin played better than osgood last year and they rode osgood to the finals ...

good article on yahoo on crosby for all the crosby haters! ... haha ... also - if habs fans love crosby - he's gotta be doing something right!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BLACK35 wrote:

Osgood...no, he's played like 3 games since the middle of January, they'll have to live or die with Howard. Besides Howard is really not the problem, they are not winning third periods in this series.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Good news for us Penguins fans... Jordan Staal practiced today in full gear. Apparently was fighting through it a bit, but that fact that he was out there shows that he really is "day-to-day" and not as bad as some of the dire predictions out there.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    The way this is going they should be an ORIGINAL 6 team in the final.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

I dunno... It could be Bruins vs Hawks or just as easily be Pens vs Sharks
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    g under p wrote:

I dunno... It could be Bruins vs Hawks or just as easily be Pens vs Sharks

Yeah you could be right, I'm just hoping and I hope one of them IS the Bruins.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon flboys make this a series
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Songburst wrote:

Don't tell me you are trying to insult Steve Yzerman.. Say what you will about the current state of the Red wings, but implying that Steve Yzerman doesn't care about his team is truly the dumbest fucking thing I have heard you say yet.. Get real my friend!!
    How is this an insult to Stevey Y? I like Yzerman and he was really fun to watch until Bowman turned him into a "winner". He always has been pure class. Just saying that he likely moves on from a Wings loss pretty quickly these days. Trust me when I say that he knows that Wings hockey isn't the most exciting hockey to watch.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I bet Yzerman takes the GM job in Tampa Bay.
    Wish him nothing but the best.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    It's quiet for the moment in Philly.

BruinsONFIRE.gif

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    g under p wrote:

just waiting for a fan to jump the boards and run on the ice :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    g under p wrote:

just waiting for a fan to jump the boards and run on the ice :mrgreen:

:lol: We know THAT doesn't happen too often in hockey. besides can you see some drunken Philly fan trying to walk across the ice. :D Hard to run from the authority probably end up cracking his/her head open. I bet my bank account that won't happen tonight!

Peace