platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :shock:
    No Jordan Staal ?

got cut with a skate in gm #1 that lacerated a tendon in his foot... ouch...

WIth secrecy around injuries, depending on the report, he is either day-to-day, back next round, out for the playoffs, or having his foot amputated :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :shock:
    No Jordan Staal ?

got cut with a skate in gm #1 that lacerated a tendon in his foot... ouch...

WIth secrecy around injuries, depending on the report, he is either day-to-day, back next round, out for the playoffs, or having his foot amputated :)

That made me :lol: Seriously though, I hope that the injury isn't too serious.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Did Subban cut the top of Cookes foot, looked like it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    The Habs playing much better today 2-1
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    There, played some defense like they did against Washington. Our d line is getting pretty thin. Quiet game from Crosby, not that I'm complaining...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Rygar wrote:
    There, played some defense like they did against Washington. Our d line is getting pretty thin. Quiet game from Crosby, not that I'm complaining...

Great defense is right and Crosby didn't get s shot on goal till near the end of the game. I can't believe Sabban is a rookie, awesome.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Man that sucked, the Pens were all over them...but didn't play very well IMO. They were getting lots of shots..nothing of any real quality. Crosby didn't have that jump like in game1. I think they really missed Staal today :( Bring on game 3.

Atleast the crowd in Montreal will be more in the game than what they were today in Pittsburg. It was dead.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nice try refs :roll:

rygar :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Holy Habs! :shock: :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Maybe we can see Bettman's worst nightmare... An all canadian final...

*double punch buggies no returns black magic forever* (don't wanna jinx anything) :silent:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Joe Pavelski is fucking MONEY
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    The Detroit and SJ games started out great, I was almost in a coma by the third....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

haffajappa wrote:
    Maybe we can see Bettman's worst nightmare... An all canadian final...

*double punch buggies no returns black magic forever* (don't wanna jinx anything) :silent:
    He can start planning on getting the remaining 6 teams sold and moved to States...hockey hotbeds like San Diego, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Seattle and the list is endless of all the hockey places in the States. Winnipeg, Quebec and another team in Ontario might as well forget it all those cities have to offer is a passionate fan base :D:D:D:D.

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    What a shit game. I would never make excuses, we lost. But those refs can suck my butt.. Bertuzzi has a legit bitch..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    What a shit game. I would never make excuses, we lost. But those refs can suck my butt.. Bertuzzi has a legit bitch..

I like Detroit and all to some extent, but the one thing they've become since Bowman left is whiny. The NHL officiating has always been questionable. The one thing these officials don't like is guys yapping in their ears all night about calls, if you do they will never give you the benefit of the doubt, Bowman knew this and his teams behaved accordingly.

lukin2006 wrote:

I like Detroit and all to some extent, but the one thing they've become since Bowman left is whiny. The NHL officiating has always been questionable. The one thing these officials don't like is guys yapping in their ears all night about calls, if you do they will never give you the benefit of the doubt, Bowman knew this and his teams behaved accordingly.
    Agreed. but for the love of god!! two dives!! just pissed. thats all
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    lukin2006 wrote:

Agreed. but for the love of god!! two dives!! just pissed. thats all

But yapping at officials doesn't change their minds, bowman and a few other coach's know this. Babcock is a good coach, but I think if he got them to stop the yapping it would serve them better. You eventually get a reputation with the referees. Hockey refereeing has always been questionable, people just have to live with it. I think they try to do a good job, but NHL hockey is just so fast these days makes it a hard sport to officiate. I would have no problem going back to the day when the playoffs started the referees essentially put the whistles away.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Go Habs!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Man that sucked, the Pens were all over them...but didn't play very well IMO. They were getting lots of shots..nothing of any real quality. Crosby didn't have that jump like in game1. I think they really missed Staal today :( Bring on game 3.

Not sure if they really missed Staal that much today, the third line (with Talbot) was their best line all day.

It will be interesting to see if the Habs can keep surviving being outshot so much. It seems like this playoffs the games they lose, shots are more even, but the games they win, they get doubled up in shots.

Hopefully the Pens can rebound quickly.

Oh, and if anyone sees Evgeni Malkin anywhere, can you please give him directions to the Bell Center and tell him there is a game on Tuesday?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:

Not sure if they really missed Staal that much today, the third line (with Talbot) was their best line all day.

It will be interesting to see if the Habs can keep surviving being outshot so much. It seems like this playoffs the games they lose, shots are more even, but the games they win, they get doubled up in shots.

Hopefully the Pens can rebound quickly.

Oh, and if anyone sees Evgeni Malkin anywhere, can you please give him directions to the Bell Center and tell him there is a game on Tuesday?
    Typically that's how we win regular season games too, although the shot difference has been MUCH higher during our wins in the playoffs. I missed how many blocked shots we had yesterday.
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    A bit off topic but does anyone know if the NHL has any kind of procedure if a city is unable to host a a playoff game? I ask this because as I type this the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville is taking on lots of water and the downtown area is mostly closed off. We were sitting around at lunch and we were just wondering what would have happened if the Preds had beaten Chicago.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    helluva goal right there :shock:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,560
    norm wrote:
    helluva goal right there :shock:

yep! 18:30 the time of the goal. What happen there! :shock:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,560
    Oh yeah ...

Go Bruins Go! 8-)
    Wow.. That was not what i expected at all..
    uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh
    canucks wtf!
    haffajappa wrote:
    uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh
    canucks wtf!

+1 :x :x :x
    haffajappa wrote:
    uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh
    canucks wtf!

+1 :x :x :x
    "Hello, I'm every canuck player. I just thought i'd take it easy after a 2 goal lead and let Bobby Lou do the rest." :evil:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Wow the Hawks won. Not a bad game, but I thought she was going to OT for sure. Nice goal by Sharpe to tie the game.

But enough of the Canucks Hawks game, The real game is tonight. Go PENS :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2