**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Anyone else in Detroit hoping for some curly fries?
    Let's go Datsyuk!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    milarso wrote:
    Let's go Datsyuk!

i'll just the V so that songburst can mope around here about missing 1 of the 2nd round series
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    smarchee wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Let's go Datsyuk!

i'll just the V so that songburst can mope around here about missing 1 of the 2nd round series
    Hehe. Your duds got lucky getting through Phoenix. Being a former Jets fan, I had some interest in this series -- as you know I usually avoid WIngs games for fear of slipping into a coma.

No interest at all in San Jose - Wings. Hopefully Thornton can wake up and turf them though.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    5-1 Detroit right now in the 3rd period.

How did this Phoenix team make it to the playoffs? They have been on a few powerplay chances tonight, even 5-3 chances & they can't score @ all. I don't know how that 1st & probably only goal Phoenix scored tonight got through the goalie on that faceoff. That blew my mind. You just can't give Detroit break away shot's. So many times Detroit was free. Where are the Coyotes? Kinda sucks down 2-0, get that fluck goal, home crowd goes nuts, then they kill ya with an added 3 goals in a short period span. :shock:
    demetrios wrote:
    5-1 Detroit right now in the 3rd period.

How did this Phoenix team make it to the playoffs? They have been on a few powerplay chances tonight, even 5-3 chances & they can't score @ all. I don't know how that 1st & probably only goal they scored tonight got through the goalie on that faceoff. That blew my mind. You just can't give Detroit break away shot's. So many times Detroit was free. Where are the Coyotes? Kinda sucks down 2-0, get that fluck goal, home crowd goes nuts, then they kill ya with an added 3 goals in a short period span. :shock:

This is really the first game Phoenix didn't show up, so it's not indicative of their play all season. They are a good team. They had a couple of games where they outplayed Detroit, and Detroit had a couple where they outplayed them. But tonight they just didn't even show up. In the first two periods, Bryzgalov had arguably his best showing of the playoffs, and his team just didn't play well in front of him.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    Well, no curly fries, but I'll take the win.
    My hat goes off to Phoenix though. They had a great season and proved a lot of people wrong.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Songburst wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Let's go Datsyuk!

Hehe. Your duds got lucky getting through Phoenix. Being a former Jets fan, I had some interest in this series -- as you know I usually avoid WIngs games for fear of slipping into a coma.

No interest at all in San Jose - Wings. Hopefully Thornton can wake up and turf them though.
    Your just jealous your town doesn't have a kick ass hockey team, maybe even a little bitter.. And a Jets fan??? Really??? that team was so awesome, they moved them to the middle of the desert and are being run by the league!! Who are you calling a dud exactly??? And just as we blow through the Sharks (3-0-1 regular season i believe, gotta check) you will see us in the Western Conference Championship (for how many times the past 15 years???) Some dud, eh?? It is so boring watching a team win so consistently from year to year.. GO WINGS!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Songburst wrote:

Your just jealous your town doesn't have a kick ass hockey team, maybe even a little bitter.. And a Jets fan??? Really??? that team was so awesome, they moved them to the middle of the desert and are being run by the league!! Who are you calling a dud exactly??? And just as we blow through the Sharks (3-0-1 regular season i believe, gotta check) you will see us in the Western Conference Championship (for how many times the past 15 years???) Some dud, eh?? It is so boring watching a team win so consistently from year to year.. GO WINGS!!!

Dude- don't feed the troll.
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    milarso wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

But YOU are the Dude.

Great game Wings.Dominating performance,just what we needed.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    I would like to see that Wings dominance transferred over to the Caps for the big game tonight. Should be a great game, GO CAPS GO! Ovie scores the winner with 5:00 mins to go crushing those Hab faithfuls :lol::lol::lol: Those Caps better produce or I'll take quite a bit of abuse on this thread :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Go Habs!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    OH MAN!! What a game/finish!!!! Good job Montreal!!!
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I would like to see that Wings dominance transferred over to the Caps for the big game tonight. Should be a great game, GO CAPS GO! Ovie scores the winner with 5:00 mins to go crushing those Hab faithfuls :lol::lol::lol: Those Caps better produce or I'll take quite a bit of abuse on this thread :D
    Open mouth, insert foot :lol::lol: they gave it hell though!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Capital Choke
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Hell yeah!

The Bruins are now the second highest seed left in the east ... this gives them home ice vs the Flyers!

Awww yeah!

Here's hoping for a Candiens v Bruins Eastern Conference final!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Open mouth, insert foot :lol::lol: they gave it hell though!!
    Leafs fan, does it all the time ;)
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hell yeah!

The Bruins are now the second highest seed left in the east ... this gives them home ice vs the Flyers!

Awww yeah!

Home ice? Excellent! :)

It'll bring back sweet old memories with the Hab's & the Bruins. Bruins sweep'd them 2 year's back. While our Bruins beat Team USA's #1 player & goalie, and Savard is back in the lineup, and home ice advantage .. oh baby! 8-)
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hell yeah!

Awww yeah!

And a Detroit vs. Chicago Western final.

All original six.Imagine that!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    demetrios wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hell yeah!

Awww yeah!

It'll bring back sweet old memories with the Hab's & the Bruins. Bruins sweep'd them 2 year's back. While our Bruins beat Team USA's #1 player & goalie, and Savard is back in the lineup, and home ice advantage .. oh baby! 8-)
    1 year back, you mean.

Remember when YOU were up 3-1 against us? Ovenchicken knows now.
    Rygar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hell yeah!

Awww yeah!

1 year back, you mean.

Remember when YOU were up 3-1 against us? Ovenchicken knows now.

D'oh! It was last year. :oops:

Ovenchicken? mmm .. oven chicken! *drools
    Ovenchicken!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that is great!
    demetrios wrote:

D'oh! It was last year. :oops:

Ovenchicken? mmm .. oven chicken! *drools
    We got slaughtered last year ;)
    Ovenchicken!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that is great!
    Lol!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    This just in...Bettman was seen throwing a temper tantrum outside league office's, has decided to over rule the outcome and award Washington a 3-2 victory.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This just in...Bettman was seen throwing a temper tantrum outside league office's, has decided to over rule the outcome and award Washington a 3-2 victory.
    hahahahaha!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the only bad thing is the pens are a lock to make it to the cup :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    But the Caps were also a lock to win the first series.. Don't count your Ovenchickens till they hatch :D

I wouldn't say thier a lock, nobody thought Montreal would beat Washington, and Montreal could have been the 6 seed if they just played better down the stretch.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    hahahahaha!

I can just see Bettman really freaking out if it's a Montreal - Vancouver final, funny thing is, it could happen. Canada would love it, afterall that's all that really matter.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lukin2006 wrote:

I wouldn't say thier a lock, nobody thought Montreal would beat Washington, and Montreal could have been the 6 seed if they just played better down the stretch.

yea but realisticly they should get to the cup ..experience will pay off big time

believe me i hope i'm wrong..but i don't know
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......