**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    Bruins baby, Bruins! :)

They beat USA's #1 goalie in the first round. And Savard will be back in the 2nd round. Things are looking good for the B's. I'm totally shocked with the Habs. Down 3 games to 1 & come back 2 games straight wins. I'm shocked. Well, i'm only gonna be happy when they loose Wednesday night in Washington.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the chi/nash game is a good one...but the refs need to swallow their whistles a little more...those last 2 penalties were ticky tack :D
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    demetrios wrote:

They beat USA's #1 goalie in the first round. And Savard will be back in the 2nd round. Things are looking good for the B's. I'm totally shocked with the Habs. Down 3 games to 1 & come back 2 games straight wins. I'm shocked. Well, i'm only gonna be happy when they loose Wednesday night in Washington.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Just hope Halak doesn't play like that again, he should have saved that preformance last night for game 7, don't think he has it in him for another game.

My condolences go out to Mayday and his Sabre defeat. Look on the bright side PJ will be in Buffalo in less than 2 weeks :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    ugh, yeah. The better team won. 0-19 on the PP for the series and none of the Sabres' goal scorers did squat. Connolly, Roy, and Pominville folded up while the Sabres had to depend on guys like Grier, Ellis, Gerbe, Kennedy, Montador, Rivet, etc to score.

I like the future the Sabres have, but the top 6 needs tweaking and they need a little size/grit.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

You hit the nail right on the head.

Just hope Halak doesn't play like that again, he should have saved that preformance last night for game 7, don't think he has it in him for another game.

My condolences go out to Mayday and his Sabre defeat. Look on the bright side PJ will be in Buffalo in less than 2 weeks :D
    The Monster called, says you probably shouldn't talk down about Halak...
    demetrios wrote:

You waste too much time whining about the Habs ;)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Game 7 tonight and I'm already fidgity at work
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    Love the Bruins!!!! that said I don't think we can beat the Penguins (God I hate saying that as I can't stand em). So that would mean to cheer for Montreal (a Bruins fan cheering for Montreal??? The world would end!).
    But I think Washington would have the best chance of beating the Penguins........

So Go Caps, Go Bruins and EFF the Penguins and Flyers!!!!!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:
    Love the Bruins!!!! that said I don't think we can beat the Penguins (God I hate saying that as I can't stand em). So that would mean to cheer for Montreal (a Bruins fan cheering for Montreal??? The world would end!)
    Lol true, but as a Habs fan I'll be cheering for the Bruins next round regardless of what happens tomorrow :P
    smarchee wrote:

I get up at 4am during the week so I don't know what I'll do about the game tonight. Be nice if Detroit was up 4-0 after 1 period so I could go to sleep :) Unfortunately I think this is going to be a nailbiter.

GO WINGS!!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    Rygar wrote:
    pearljim wrote:
    Love the Bruins!!!! that said I don't think we can beat the Penguins (God I hate saying that as I can't stand em). So that would mean to cheer for Montreal (a Bruins fan cheering for Montreal??? The world would end!)
    Lol true, but as a Habs fan I'll be cheering for the Bruins next round regardless of what happens tomorrow :P

Thanks Rygar, careful of the roof caving in on you! :)

Roberto Clemente.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    What a night last night for the Habs... this Pens fan will be cheering on the bleu, blanc et rouge tomorrow night!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    pearljim wrote:
    But I think Washington would have the best chance of beating the Penguins........

Not sure about that. Washington has been struggling with the Habs. Plus you'll be facing one of the greatest players on the ice today, Sidney Crosby. Atleast the Bruins beat the #1 goalie & Team USA's hero @ the Olympic Games. Bruins had so many amazing chances to score against Miller. Miller won't be in the next round. And with Savard back in the lineup, things are gonna look sweet for the Bruins.

But I agree with you. Go Cap's Go. They better win tomorrow against the Hab's. I'm surprised the Hab's even came back from a 3-1 games down.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    smarchee wrote:

You and me both, brother. 9 can't come quick enough.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    demetrios wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

Not sure about that. Washington has been struggling with the Habs. Plus you'll be facing one of the greatest players on the ice today, Sidney Crosby. Atleast the Bruins beat the #1 goalie & Team USA's hero @ the Olympic Games. Bruins had so many amazing chances to score against Miller. Miller won't be in the next round. And with Savard back in the lineup, things are gonna look sweet for the Bruins.

But I agree with you. Go Cap's Go. They better win tomorrow against the Hab's. I'm surprised the Hab's even came back from a 3-1 games down.
    Are you a Bruins fan?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    53 saves ... that's ridiculous ... love the parity in this league ... no series went less than 6 games ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    53 saves ... that's ridiculous ... love the parity in this league ... no series went less than 6 games ...

Philly - NJ was the only one that didnt
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    smarchee wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

oh yeah ... what the cuss was going on there? ... No grit on that team ... not enuf canucks on the team i guess ... ;)
    polaris_x wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

oh yeah ... what the cuss was going on there? ... No grit on that team ... not enuf canucks on the team i guess ... ;)

nope, and the coach just quit after 1 season too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    2 game 7's in the next 2 nights...gotta love playoff hockey!

Also, I cannot wait for the Hawks-Nucks series. They had a great series last season and have developed a nice rivalry since then. This one will be intense. Obviously, the Hawks will win in 6.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    2 game 7's in the next 2 nights...gotta love playoff hockey!

Also, I cannot wait for the Hawks-Nucks series. They had a great series last season and have developed a nice rivalry since then. This one will be intense. Obviously, the Hawks will win in 6.

As someone with no rooting interest in that series, I can't wait to see it either... Should be good skating hockey.

I also like that both Vancouver and San Jose are there... hopefully Phoenix can get there too. Living on the east coast I love having that late game to watch. Hopefully the league staggers those series and doesn't put them on the same night.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Songburst wrote:
    1 more game then bye-bye Dud Wings.
    put your money where your mouth is??? i doubt it...
    Hehe. It takes a big man to bet against the Coyotes.

Not looking good for the Yotes so far -- getting lulled to sleep by a very disciplined team playing a very disciplined game.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    1 more game then bye-bye Dud Wings.
    put your money where your mouth is??? i doubt it...
    Hehe. It takes a big man to bet against the Coyotes.

Not looking good for the Yotes so far -- getting lulled to sleep by a very disciplined team playing a very disciplined game.
    Uh oh. Weak goal through Howard. Bye-bye confidence.
    Uh oh. Weak goal through Howard. Bye-bye confidence.[/quote]

uh oh, another dominate performance from Detroit, should be 6-1 Wings

hello dominance
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    Uh oh. Weak goal through Howard. Bye-bye confidence.

uh oh, another dominate performance from Detroit, should be 6-1 Wings

hello dominance[/quote]
    Yawn. This one has been pretty one-sided though. Can't wait until the Wings choke.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water, the other 30 is covered by Darren Helm.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:
    70% of the Earth is covered by water, the other 30 is covered by Darren Helm.
    Hehe. Only when he's flopping around like a soccer player.
    Not much room left in the penalty box...
    And boom goes the dynamite.
    Ah well -- at least there will be 3 other series to watch next round.