**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bullshit game winner.. Hossa should have been thrown out of the game for the penalty IMO. And he should most definitely be suspended.. I am no Pred fan but fair is fair.. ask Ove!! Ward on Nashville was right there for the last 2 goals and didn't do shit.. He has gotta be hating it right now

3 things...Ovie a repeat offender, Campbell was hurt, the Nashville player skated off on his own power, the hot was not as severe.

You hit it right on the head lukin2006, as bad as it maybe, if Hamhuis stays down for awhile I bet Hossa gets the toss.
    But how about them Penguns....HUGE WIN :D , what a shot by Dupuis...no chance of anybody stopping that, not even Ryan Miller :lol:
    Now I just need the Caps to finish off the Habs and everything will have come full circle :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bullshit game winner.. Hossa should have been thrown out of the game for the penalty IMO. And he should most definitely be suspended.. I am no Pred fan but fair is fair.. ask Ove!! Ward on Nashville was right there for the last 2 goals and didn't do shit.. He has gotta be hating it right now

3 things...Ovie a repeat offender, Campbell was hurt, the Nashville player skated off on his own power, the hot was not as severe.

You hit it right on the head lukin2006, as bad as it maybe, if Hamhuis stays down for awhile I bet Hossa gets the toss.
    NHL's stance is that injury doesn't dictate punishment. We all know that it is not entirely true, but that is why they have the rules in place, to prevent this stuff from happening and players from getting hurt.. Suspend him, at least a game. GO WINGS
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

NHL's stance is that injury doesn't dictate punishment. We all know that it is not entirely true, but that is why they have the rules in place, to prevent this stuff from happening and players from getting hurt.. Suspend him, at least a game. GO WINGS

TSN discussed the hit, Bob McKenzie said the rule states " if there is an apparent cut or head injury then the player who initiated the contact is tossed". There was no apparent injury. He might get a 1 game suspension, but I doubt it. Nashville needs to face facts, they had a 1 goal lead, on the powerplay in Chicago's end 30 seconds left and they allow Chicago to tie the game. They start the OT with a 4 minute PP and can't score, :?.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    BLACK35 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

But how about them Penguns....HUGE WIN :D , what a shot by Dupuis...no chance of anybody stopping that, not even Ryan Miller :lol:
    Now I just need the Caps to finish off the Habs and everything will have come full circle :D

Penguins are looking real good, Crosby's on a roll.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    It can be done....

LETS-GO-BRUINS-animated-icon.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• guins ;)8-)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    24 hours after the Preds/Hawks game and it feels almost like somebody ran over my dog. As a Nashville fan it doesn't matter to me if Hossa was in or out that game should have been over. Either in regulation or the first four min of ot.

Oh well at least I've got those four or five PJ shows next month to look forward to
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    blackhawks...man they could ruin my bracket.

go wings.
    jones wrote:
    blackhawks...man they could ruin my bracket.

go wings.

For the Wings fans..

LetsGoRedWings.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jmsjms Posts: 243
    I like the pic of the gold medal lukin2006. Somebody from Nashville's front office called me two weeks ago and they let me come in and see Weber's Gold and Ryan Suter's Silver . First time I had seen an Olympic Gold medal up close like that. They are heavier than I thought.
    jms wrote:
    I like the pic of the gold medal lukin2006. Somebody from Nashville's front office called me two weeks ago and they let me come in and see Weber's Gold and Ryan Suter's Silver . First time I had seen an Olympic Gold medal up close like that. They are heavier than I thought.

three_amigos-2.jpg

jms wrote:

Thank you...Seeing those medals would have been great. I had the opportunity to see the gold medal today, Meghan Agosta who is from my area and won gold with the women's hockey team was at a local store but the Windsor Spitfires (OHL Hockey team) was playing the exact same time and it was game 7 and they had rallied from a 3-0 deficit to tie series, so I decided to attend that instead. The game was totally worth it, Windsor won 4-1 and moves to the final. To me junior hockey is much better experience to attend games than NHL, it's far cheaper and these kids bring it every night. Watch for Taylor Hall should go number 1 to Edmonton, this kid works hard at both ends of the rink.

If you are a Nashville fan Ryan Ellis should be a good one for you guys, plus he can launch the shot as well, not quite as hard as Weber though.

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    1 more game then bye-bye Dud Wings.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Watch for Taylor Hall should go number 1 to Edmonton, this kid works hard at both ends of the rink.

Hall plays for the better team, but Plymouth's Tyler Seguin is the better player. Either guy could go at No. 1, but I think Seguin will be more successful in the NHL.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Watch for Taylor Hall should go number 1 to Edmonton, this kid works hard at both ends of the rink.

Hall plays for the better team, but Plymouth's Tyler Seguin is the better player. Either guy could go at No. 1, but I think Seguin will be more successful in the NHL.

Depends what your definition of better player is!!! Taylor works had at both ends of the ice, penalty kills, plays the power play, is on the ice for most important faceoffs and most importantly when he's on the ice he makes Windsor so much better. Some say Ovie is better than Crosby, but for me Crosby's the best player in the world, he back checks, penalty kills, plays the power play and just generally does it all. For me I'll take Crosby, that Ottaw game last night convinced me he's the best, You could see it in his eyes how bad he wants to win. Ovie against Montreal with a chance to eliminate Montreal did squat, just like the Olympics when Crosby and Canada crushed Russia.

You are right Hall does play on a better, but Hall also makes Windsor a better team as well. The bottom line is whoever becomes the better NHL'er will also depend on who has more will, Hall has a head start, I'm sure his coach and general manager have stressed what it takes to be successful, they know they've been to the show.

Songburst wrote:
    What the hell happened to the Wings, I was at a junior game checked the score and was 5-1 Coyotes. They are now 0-3 in the last 2 series when having a chance to close out series. Not surprised the Coyotes won, just surprised at how Detroit lost, it's looking more and more like a changing of the guard in the NHL...Chicago. Pittsburgh and Washington seem to be the teams with the most talent, curious to see how San Jose does now that the got out of the first round, now they were much better team than Colorado.

Marian Hossa avoids NHL suspension for hit.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100425/S ... on-for-hit

Songburst wrote:
    put your money where your mouth is??? i doubt it...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    win or lose tonight, it's great to see the kings playing this well...it's renewing my interest on the sport :thumbup:

GO KINGS!!

:mrgreen:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    norm wrote:
    win or lose tonight, it's great to see the kings playing this well...it's renewing my interest on the sport :thumbup:

GO KINGS!!

GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:

GO KINGS!!

GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :mrgreen:

:wave:
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    lukin2006 wrote:
    jms wrote:

Thank you...Seeing those medals would have been great. I had the opportunity to see the gold medal today, Meghan Agosta who is from my area and won gold with the women's hockey team was at a local store but the Windsor Spitfires (OHL Hockey team) was playing the exact same time and it was game 7 and they had rallied from a 3-0 deficit to tie series, so I decided to attend that instead. The game was totally worth it, Windsor won 4-1 and moves to the final. To me junior hockey is much better experience to attend games than NHL, it's far cheaper and these kids bring it every night. Watch for Taylor Hall should go number 1 to Edmonton, this kid works hard at both ends of the rink.

If you are a Nashville fan Ryan Ellis should be a good one for you guys, plus he can launch the shot as well, not quite as hard as Weber though.

cool, I moved from Tecumseh in fall of 08 and my folks live in Windsor, they were talking about the game in Windsor today and I was talking to my brother about it when he was watching, glad they are doing so well
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    norm wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:

GO KINGS!!

GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :mrgreen:

:wave:
    :)
    *shakes your hand
    definitely a close series!!!!!!
    congrats canucks :clap::clap:

i don't think a team should have more than one sedin :( ;):lol:
    norm wrote:

lol
    they're only one player just doing tricks with your mind
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:

lol
    Makes you wonder....
    haffajappa wrote:
    norm wrote:

lol

oh good...that's better :lol::lol:
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    jms wrote:

cool, I moved from Tecumseh in fall of 08 and my folks live in Windsor, they were talking about the game in Windsor today and I was talking to my brother about it when he was watching, glad they are doing so well

Incredible atmosphere at the arena today. I was at the game last Sunday when they went down 3-0 and didn't think I would see a game 7. Barrie will be tough and probably favoured.

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    norm wrote:

Great game tonight :thumbup: Glad that the Olympics and the Kings have reinvigorated your interest in hockey norm :P Whose your horse now?

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop