**THE 2010 NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD**

Comments

• RoughMix wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hell yeah!

The Bruins are now the second highest seed left in the east ... this gives them home ice vs the Flyers!

Awww yeah!

Here's hoping for a Candiens v Bruins Eastern Conference final!!!

And a Detroit vs. Chicago Western final.

All original six.Imagine that!

fuck yeah, that'd be hella sweet.

let's go, wings...keep it up :)

red-wings.jpg
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Your just jealous your town doesn't have a kick ass hockey team, maybe even a little bitter.. And a Jets fan??? Really??? that team was so awesome, they moved them to the middle of the desert and are being run by the league!! Who are you calling a dud exactly??? And just as we blow through the Sharks (3-0-1 regular season i believe, gotta check) you will see us in the Western Conference Championship (for how many times the past 15 years???) Some dud, eh?? It is so boring watching a team win so consistently from year to year.. GO WINGS!!!
    Seeing a game at the Winnipeg arena was almost as good as seeing a game in Montreal. Even saw the Wings there before they turned into soccer on ice (er I mean winners). But hey -- they are very disciplined, draw lots of penalties and play great positional hockey. That's fun to watch too -- lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    milarso wrote:
    Dude- don't feed the troll.
    Hehe - just because you like accumulating drool on your couch whilst watching hockey doesn't mean the rest of the world does too. Hockey is boring when you take the emotional element out.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Songburst wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Hehe - just because you like accumulating drool on your couch whilst watching hockey doesn't mean the rest of the world does too. Hockey is boring when you take the emotional element out.
    I can honestly say, yet again, I have no idea what you are talking about.. but, I guess you have your opinion and you have a right to it.. but i STRONGLY disagree..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Songburst wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    I can honestly say, yet again, I have no idea what you are talking about.. but, I guess you have your opinion and you have a right to it.. but i STRONGLY disagree..

I could be wrong but I think he's saying european hockey sucks and thats what the wings play. I see your in Detroit check out the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL, guarantee you that most OHL games are more exciting than Wing games. I attend Windsor Spitfire games, I'd never set foot in the joe for another game, in the O they bring it every night for a fraction of the cost.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    the only bad thing is the pens are a lock to make it to the cup :cry:

I wouldn't say thier a lock, nobody thought Montreal would beat Washington, and Montreal could have been the 6 seed if they just played better down the stretch.

yea but realisticly they should get to the cup ..experience will pay off big time

believe me i hope i'm wrong..but i don't know

I agree realistically they should, it looks to me that they might be suited for the playoffs as well and Crosby looks like he can perform consistently on the big stage. Pitt might win it all again this year. then moving into a new stadium next year will give them added revenue, could be a force for years to come.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

I could be wrong but I think he's saying european hockey sucks and thats what the wings play. I see your in Detroit check out the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL, guarantee you that most OHL games are more exciting than Wing games. I attend Windsor Spitfire games, I'd never set foot in the joe for another game, in the O they bring it every night for a fraction of the cost.
    I would for sure man. I guess I just got the hometown love
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

Nothing wrong with having the hometown love. The wings are successful and have a very good hockey team, but I find them hard to watch at times myself, I was much more of a wings fan when Yzerman and Shany were there, I'm just not a big fan of European players, Im like Don Cherry that way. Over the last few years I've become a huge fan of the OHL, it really is great hockey, people in the Detroit area should consider themselves lucky that they have the Whalers in the area, I feel lucky that we have the Spitfires.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    How sweet, ROUND 2 STARTS TONIGHT :D

Like the match ups for all the teams. Unfortunately the Pens will have to do what them Capitals couldn't do, and thats beat them little shithead Habs.

Rest of my predictions for Round 2

Pens over Habs
    Boston over Philly
    Hawks over Canucks
    Sharks over the Redwings.

All and all the first round was awesome, if this kind of intensity keeps up for the rest of the playoffs, were in for a real treat and potenially a great CUP FINAL
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    JAROSLAV HALAK!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It's definitely (another) long shot, but we shut Ovenchicken down, so we're capable, if nothing else, of doing it to Crosby.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    It's definitely (another) long shot, but we shut Ovenchicken down, so we're capable, if nothing else, of doing it to Crosby.

as much as i hate to admit it ..crosby has proved he is on a different level,especially on the big stage

must be weird hating him now after rooting for him in the olympics

when he breaks your heart you will know my pain :mrgreen:

again i pray i'm wrong

p.s. yu can send the check in the mail for your good luck habs thread
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Rygar wrote:

as much as i hate to admit it ..crosby has proved he is on a different level,especially on the big stage

must be weird hating him now after rooting for him in the olympics

when he breaks your heart you will know my pain :mrgreen:

again i pray i'm wrong

p.s. yu can send the check in the mail for your good luck habs thread
    Don't count your ovenchickens before they hatch ;)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This just in...Bettman was seen throwing a temper tantrum outside league office's, has decided to over rule the outcome and award Washington a 3-2 victory.
    I don't know. Even though it will cost the NHL ratings (maybe), I'm sure he is tickled pink that his boyfriend Crosby has the top 3 seeds eliminated.

I'm surprised that Bettman didn't schedule the first Habs vs. Pens game to start this morning at 12 noon. You know, so the public doesn't forget about hockey.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    lukin2006 wrote:

Nothing wrong with having the hometown love. The wings are successful and have a very good hockey team, but I find them hard to watch at times myself, I was much more of a wings fan when Yzerman and Shany were there, I'm just not a big fan of European players, Im like Don Cherry that way. Over the last few years I've become a huge fan of the OHL, it really is great hockey, people in the Detroit area should consider themselves lucky that they have the Whalers in the area, I feel lucky that we have the Spitfires.

One thing I find which makes the OHL exciting is that there are more mistakes made.
    They are kids.Still learning the game in some respects.
    This leads to two on ones,breakaways,etc.But by no means is it better than the NHL.
    You can't even compare the speed and size difference from OHL to NHL.
    I have been to many spitfire games myself.They have a great team now,but weren't always this good.
    The new ownership, and mostly the new arena, have made it possible to get the top junior talent.Kids want to play in Windsor now.Wasn't the case when they played in the Barn.When you see two bad junior teams go at it,that can be a crappy game.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

One thing I find which makes the OHL exciting is that there are more mistakes made.
    This leads to two on ones,breakaways,etc.But by no means is it better than the NHL.
    I have been to many spitfire games myself.They have a great team now,but weren't always this good.
    The new ownership, and mostly the new arena, have made it possible to get the top junior talent.Kids want to play in Windsor now.Wasn't the case when they played in the Barn.When you see two bad junior teams go at it,that can be a crappy game.

I never said it was better, I just enjoy it more. The Spitfires haven't always been good, the new ownership group has made it possible for them to have continued success though. The Wings haven't always been a success, I believe there was a period from 54/55 to what 96/97 between cups or something like that. Sports is like that, to me when you find the mix of guys and chemistry you better take advantage of it. I know die hard wing fans don't like to hear this, but over that last 19-20 years that have left some stanley cups behind, as good as they've been they probably should have more championships.

BLACK35 wrote:
    Like the match ups for all the teams. Unfortunately the Pens will have to do what them Capitals couldn't do, and thats beat them little shithead Habs.
    montreal_canadiens_1992.gif

Keep hatin'!
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:

I used to work at the bar inside Compuware Arena. OHL hockey is good, but I don't think you can compare it to the NHL. It's better than college, but still pretty slow compared to NHL, even when the Spitfires come to town.
    And btw- I don't know if you travel to games, but during the playoffs this season and last, the Windsor fans were something else when they would come into the bar... :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Nothing wrong with having the hometown love. The wings are successful and have a very good hockey team, but I find them hard to watch at times myself, I was much more of a wings fan when Yzerman and Shany were there, I'm just not a big fan of European players, Im like Don Cherry that way. Over the last few years I've become a huge fan of the OHL, it really is great hockey, people in the Detroit area should consider themselves lucky that they have the Whalers in the area, I feel lucky that we have the Spitfires.[/quote]

The new ownership, and mostly the new arena, have made it possible to get the top junior talent.Kids want to play in Windsor now.Wasn't the case when they played in the Barn.When you see two bad junior teams go at it,that can be a crappy game.[/quote]

I never said it was better, I just enjoy it more. The Spitfires haven't always been good, the new ownership group has made it possible for them to have continued success though. The Wings haven't always been a success, I believe there was a period from 54/55 to what 96/97 between cups or something like that. Sports is like that, to me when you find the mix of guys and chemistry you better take advantage of it. I know die hard wing fans don't like to hear this, but over that last 19-20 years that have left some stanley cups behind, as good as they've been they probably should have more championships.[/quote]

That's cool Lukin.
    It is exciting.Like Hall's goal in overtime.Hope the Spits can do it.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    So Boston Philly don't play till Saturday and Montreal keeps going and plays Pitts tomorrow? Lame!
    Rygar wrote:
    So Boston Philly don't play till Saturday and Montreal keeps going and plays Pitts tomorrow? Lame!
    At least your schedule isn't bumped around because The Shark Tank didn't think their team could make into May and scheduled a couple of Eagles concerts this weekend.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Rygar wrote:

I think that there is something going on at the arena in Pittsburgh on Saturday... so the league probably didn't want to wait until Sunday to start.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    At least your schedule isn't bumped around because The Shark Tank didn't think their team could make into May and scheduled a couple of Eagles concerts this weekend.

Welcome to the Hotel California.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    It's been a long day and I hate the fucking Eagles
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

thedude1.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    You have got to buck up, man! You cannot drag this negative energy into the tournament!
    Bullshit, mark it 8 Dude
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Bullshit, mark it 8 Dude
    Love it.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    milarso wrote:
    Bullshit, mark it 8 Dude
    Love it.
    Knew you would.. Go wings!!
    Oh yeah, and after the fine the Red Wings are about to get, I really hate the eagles!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,237605

Thought it was awesome how the guy quoted The Dude.. funny coincidence considering..