The official $92.05 is Too much Thread

Comments

• This is simple. Pearl Jam now charges more than they did years ago. Oh well. Let's move on, shall we?
    thanks captain obvious. :)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    michael buble charges 129, 94, and 74. That's MSG. And in Ohio he charges 89.50, 69.50 and 49.50.
    I miss igotid88
  • edited March 2010
    eh, PJ changed their mind and decided they want to get the most they possibly can from ticket sales. thats fine i guess. i think it will hurt them in the long run and nationally, but whatever.

just please dont:
    a.) pretend its not happening,
    b.) blame it on cost of doing business.

either one is living in dreamland.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    supply and demand.
    I miss igotid88
  • Mine had a $14 'Convenience' fee or some such nonsense...And a $6 'handling' fee, which is odd cause I printed my own tix out. I thought monopolies were illegal. I'm pretty sure when the two biggest brokers in the world become one company, that's a monopoly...It is ridiculous to pay that much. However, it's right on pace with every other 'Good' or 'Service' we have to pay for. Movies cost $12 , gallon of gas today was $2.85, no one is batting an eye...Corporate America ya'll. Tours do cost money, but Pearl jam is getting paid, and have been for years...Seems to me that despite inflation, there is just some common sense that is missing in our economic world these days...But the rich tell us we need to work harder because a real human should make enough money not to even notice the price on anything. We can all be CEO's if we just work harder...'keep it up, I got my eye on you'

But I recall PJ trying, once upon a time, to get people to boycott Ticketmaster...and of course. That didn't work...so here we are...Still glad i was able to get tix...but we are reaching a point pretty quick, where I may have to ask how much I'm willing to spend on a band who I have seen 10 times in person, and hundred of times if you count all the DVDs in my collection that I've watched probably three times each...

But I do agree with Eddie. People no longer value the arts...But music espescially seems to have been devestated...It's like we decided to stop watching Movies and just watch comercials...

As long as they exist, I will go purchase a bands disc....I dont think any improvment is neccesary...

So you think I can get some money back for my tickets?
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i'm fine with $92.05, but i think that pj should consider tiered pricing. for a 10C seat or lower bowl seat, sure charge that, but some upper deck seat or a lawn seat in the summer should be cheaper for the not so hardcore folks out there, or the kids just getting into going to shows. maybe charge them $50. i dunno. all my friends always want to go with me, but they are used to seeing phish or radiohead for $50. even DMB tiers there pricing for venues with lawns i believe.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    Tickets for the Indiana show are only $39 after all fees for lawn seats. Stop all your bitching and mow a couple lawns to earn the money if you want to go, stop being pathetic whiners who think they are owed something in life. go out and get it for yourself if you want it.
    still tickets available. price is actually $22 people, $22 you bunch of whiners. Granted the $17 of misc. fees, "facility fee" "convenience fee" etc are pretty much bullshit, but that is the way the world is. and everyone who hates ticketmaster for their portion of the fee, how did you like the experience of the recent 10club presale for MSG Boston, etc? a disaster because the systems were not built for the demand. So what happens next, 10club goes to ticketmaster to facilitate a 2nd fan club only presale today. why? well, because ticket master has spent a lot of money to create an infrastructure capable of handling things properly. that infrastructure costs money and they should be entitled to make a profit sufficient to employ their people and reinvest in the company.

if you don't like it, simply stay the @#$% home.

there now i'm done

cheers! I am off to New Orleans, $53 in case you care...... :D
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    We are paying for PJ AND the Black Keys/Band of Horses. That's not a bad deal.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    When PJ came to Portland last year, the lawn seats were only $29.50 plus ticket charges. You East Coasters are dealing with supply & demand issues & probably way more expensive venue rental costs... You get to pay more, but you get to see them more often too. I wish I were you!
  • BrianG wrote:
    Tickets for the Indiana show are only $39 after all fees for lawn seats. Stop all your bitching and mow a couple lawns to earn the money if you want to go, stop being pathetic whiners who think they are owed something in life. go out and get it for yourself if you want it.
    read the rest of this thread before you come here posting idiotic comments. and i can tell you where to shove the lawnmower if you like.
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    stranger34 wrote:
    What a joke. At least U2 has overhead costs and Springsteen has a huge band. Whats PJ's reason?

There's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their beings

If you've ever burnt a PJ cd/dvd that you never paid for or obtained an item without the bands knowledge I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

If however every PJ item you own was bought and paid for then speak your opinion.

I agree ticket prices are steep no doubt but for the amount of items in all of our collections that they never saw a dime from....I for one will never bitch about ticket price.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Nobody has answered this question yet....

Even at the outrageous sum of $92, each allotment of tickets sells out in minutes. People fight tooth and nail to get tickets, many get shut out and lose their minds. How in the world do you expect to get your hands on a ticket if the price is essentially cut in half? The show is SELLING OUT. If you still believe ticket prices should be $50, take your principle, walk into your boss's office on Monday and demand a 40% pay cut.
    i don't need to read 13 pages of complaints to make a comment. The bottom line is tickets for Indy lawn are $22 plus fees. How low would you like those tickets to be priced?

Clearly there are differences at work with the MSG shows, but NYC is one of the most expensive places to live, work, run a business in the entire country. Obviously a part of the higher cost for tickets there has to do with costs to put on a show there and yes, maybe they make a bit more profit there too. So what.

Oh, for those who say costs to run a tour haven't risen that much, 6 years ago the national average for a gallon of unleaded gas was $1.70 and it is currently $2.80....can't say the cost of jet fuel over the same time frame, but the bottom line is many of the variable costs have increased dramatically, in case anybody really cares. :oops:

Wait until they are mandated by the government to provide a certain standard of healthcare package to all of their roadies and miscellaneous workers..........you think ticket prices are high now........ :o

maybe they should just be the "public option band" then they could be forced to work for no profit at all, in order to keep ticket costs down...it would be in the public's best interest and we all know attending affordable pearl jam shows is a 'right' not a 'privilege' after all.....hmm that might not work because they might just decide to stay home with their family and not tour at all with no financial incentive to tour....... :lol:

nobody can bring me down, i just got my 96 old pearl jam bootlegs in the mail today from recent ebay purchase!! :D
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    so some new PJ defenses I've seen here
    1. If you've ever DLed anything PJ related for free you can't complain
    2. If you live in NY you can't complan
    3. And most intriguing - the supply and demand defense. I love how the PJ lemmings are now raving little economists... because the demand is so much greater now than at other points in their history when they did keep prices down :roll: - granted there are less shows, but they are also semi-touring more frequently than they ever did.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    stranger34 wrote:
    2. If you live in NY you can't complan
    3. And most intriguing - the supply and demand defense. I love how the PJ lemmings are now raving little economists... because the demand is so much greater now than at other points in their history when they did keep prices down :roll: - granted there are less shows, but they are also semi-touring more frequently than they ever did.

Pearl Jam hates you and wants your kids pennies.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    there is only one solution to this
    10c put double prices to the one bitching about the prices and give free tickets to the ones are ok with ticket prices..all will be happy ..the first ones will have double reason to continue bitching and the rest will continue be positive and happy.. :mrgreen: :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PredakingPredaking Posts: 282
    Eggs are no longer $0.99 a dozen, gas is not $0.89 a gallon, milk is has not been $1.99 a gallon in forever. You see where this is going? The tix I bought for Philly last year were expensive, yes. However, did you see what the service fees were for that? Unbelievable. It'd be different if I went to a box office and someone had to physically print the tickets up. However, in this world of electronic commerce, trying to charge more than $2 for the privilege of buying a ticket is preposterous!

I'm sorry, but this is just how it is. We're all older, and this is what happens. It's a shame, since once ticket prices hit $100+, I'm going to have serious reservations about going. Is a show still worth $100. I think so. However, as a responsible parent, is it $100 that might be better spent for the good of my family?

This debate will never, ever end. If you think the tickets are too expensive, don't buy them. It's that simple. There are plenty of people that will have no reservations doing so. I'd love a copy of Yield or No Code on vinyl. However, I'm not paying the $60 plus on ebay for it. There are plenty of people that will.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Predaking wrote:
    Eggs are no longer $0.99 a dozen, gas is not $0.89 a gallon, milk is has not been $1.99 a gallon in forever. You see where this is going? The tix I bought for Philly last year were expensive, yes. However, did you see what the service fees were for that? Unbelievable. It'd be different if I went to a box office and someone had to physically print the tickets up. However, in this world of electronic commerce, trying to charge more than $2 for the privilege of buying a ticket is preposterous!

I'm sorry, but this is just how it is. We're all older, and this is what happens. It's a shame, since once ticket prices hit $100+, I'm going to have serious reservations about going. Is a show still worth $100. I think so. However, as a responsible parent, is it $100 that might be better spent for the good of my family?

This debate will never, ever end. If you think the tickets are too expensive, don't buy them. It's that simple. There are plenty of people that will have no reservations doing so. I'd love a copy of Yield or No Code on vinyl. However, I'm not paying the $60 plus on ebay for it. There are plenty of people that will.

you my friend might be the smartest person on the boards............ im being honest .. every tour every sale they have people find the way to bitch about the price of it ....i find it very funny that people DONT REALIZE that the price of eggs have gone up...they will pay $5 for a cup of coffie at starbucks when you could get a better cup for .99 at your local deli .........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,594

So you think I can get some money back for my tickets?

didn't you just buy them? why did you fucking buy them if you want your money back?

jesus you people fuck up my brain
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    pjl44 wrote:
    Nobody has answered this question yet....

Even at the outrageous sum of $92, each allotment of tickets sells out in minutes. People fight tooth and nail to get tickets, many get shut out and lose their minds. How in the world do you expect to get your hands on a ticket if the price is essentially cut in half? The show is SELLING OUT. If you still believe ticket prices should be $50, take your principle, walk into your boss's office on Monday and demand a 40% pay cut.

exactly.....as I said before, we should be glad they aren't charging us $140/ticket because we would buy them and they would sell all of them

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • TUTMAN08TUTMAN08 Posts: 82
    The price is reasonable. And as noted earlier, it is supply and demand. Just wait and see how much eBay or StubHub will be getting for that $95.00 ticket.

If tickets were cheaper you moaners would be complaining about access to tickets.

Inflation is real - deal with it. The band needs to cover expenses and make money - deal with it.

If you don't like the prices - don't go. No one - the band, 10C - no one owes us anything just because we are fans.

Y'all bitchers and moaners are major buzzkills.
    TUTMAN08 wrote:
    The price is reasonable. And as noted earlier, it is supply and demand. Just wait and see how much eBay or StubHub will be getting for that $95.00 ticket.

If tickets were cheaper you moaners would be complaining about access to tickets.

Inflation is real - deal with it. The band needs to cover expenses and make money - deal with it.

If you don't like the prices - don't go. No one - the band, 10C - no one owes us anything just because we are fans.

Y'all bitchers and moaners are major buzzkills.

I saw two upper pavillion tix for Noblesville with 11 bids going for $330 for the pair on ebay

thanks PJ for the BARGAIN!!! well worth it and as I said before....fucking Tom Petty is selling lower pavillion for $300 per ticket

they still have Sec B row H available.....same tix that PJ sold for $95

• choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    ticket purchase this week in my world...

pearl jam - 10c tix about $80 per. ok.
    phish lottery tix - about $55 per.. ok

kings of leon tickets ... $71... fuck that.

i now feel better about pj's price.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • NacreRockNacreRock Posts: 91
    stranger34 wrote:

Yes, I do agree with this statement. The freeloaders who pirate music are destroying it for everyone else. We are eventually going to be left with a bunch of iPod ready teenie bopper boy bands because of all of the music thieves. Oh wait, that is already happening.

I can't stand music pirates. :evil:
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    stranger34 wrote:
    2. If you live in NY you can't complain

That's not what we're saying - We're saying that some East Coasters are acting as if ALL Pearl Jam tickets are an arm & a leg & it's not the case. Are you saying that $22 in Indiana & $29.50 in Portland are still more than they should be charging?
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    drehozac.jpg
  • NacreRockNacreRock Posts: 91
    bhigh901 wrote:
    drehozac.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Predaking wrote:

Not to be a dick, but milk is still 2.00 dollars a gallon at my local wal-mart.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    stranger34 wrote:

I don't know what a 'raving little economist' is, but supply and demand is an easy concept for anyone to grasp. If there is concern about the price of a concert ticket, I would assume it's with the attempt to find an explanation as to why vs. just throwing a tantrum like a petulant child. Again, with the insane demand for these tickets at a $92 cost, how do you expect to get your hands on one if the price is dropped 40-50%?
This discussion has been closed.