Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Just tell me this .... As a collector do any of my items compare to this? and are my prices fare compare to this?

And yet you can still make an offer! ;) I'm not trying to pimp my auction - I know that no regular member on here would buy my stuff..... but do any of my items compare to this piece? Really!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0490914210

Read the thread and figure out what i am fighting for here!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Man I would kill for an autograph. I'm a collector of memorabilia myself. Out of the 5 pj concerts I've been to, I've hung around after 4 times. twice I shook Ed's hand, once I had a chat, once he took a group photo and he put his arm around me. The ladies whose camera it is said she would email the photos to all in the photo but never did :evil: :evil: :evil:

If I had the money, I would consider buying them because a much sort after autograph has eluded me. But I will forever remember the chat we had and I'm putting his arm around me, and me almost buckling at the knees. and no I'm not gay :D ... And it part of the memorabilia process for me is meeting them and getting the autograph.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Man I would kill for an autograph. I'm a collector of memorabilia myself. Out of the 5 pj concerts I've been to, I've hung around after 4 times. twice I shook Ed's hand, once I had a chat, once he took a group photo and he put his arm around me. The ladies whose camera it is said she would email the photos to all in the photo but never did :evil: :evil: :evil:

If I had the money, I would consider buying them because a much sort after autograph has eluded me. But I will forever remember the chat we had and I'm putting his arm around me, and me almost buckling at the knees. and no I'm not gay :D ... And it part of the memorabilia process for me is meeting them and getting the autograph.

:lol::lol::lol:
    that was a nice story ... I was laughing about the gay comment... The times I met him ...I really couldn't say much myself.... I mean come on ...I've been listening to them since i was 12yrs old....and to finally meet him as an adult was kind of weird for me.... I just simply said thank you and move on....people were actually getting things signed.... but I wasn't prepared like that... I was just happy to meet him...
    Even at shows when I make eye contact i feel kind of weird....

thanks for the natural and controlled conversation ....
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

Who is we? and what "kind" am I?
    I've been a Pearl Jam fan since I was 11 years old- went to my first show at 15 (95)and have been a devoted supporter since.... ...
    Please explain yourself.

We are me and my redneck pals. Your kind is exactly that: your kind. Unlike us.

Big up yo self.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Meeting Eddie for the first time... tha's going to be weird, the first time i saw pearl jam after years and years of being a devoted fan it felt like a dream... I cried when i heard long road for the first time, I don't know, i'm sure i'll shake his hand and say "thanks Bro, thanks for the all the people i have met over the years" and then I'll leave him in peace :geek:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • You've successfully made yourself out to be a bigger 'elitist' than any of us ever could.

I'm out. Good luck w/your shit.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    My Bloke had an original 1968 HT GTS 350 Chevy 'Bathurst Special' Monaro.
    It needed a paint job and got Gun Metal grey with Black trims.
    265" Tyres with Dragway Rims.
    He advertised it in 1986 the paper for AU $5000.
    People rang to abuse him for expecting such a high price.
    He ended up getting AU $3500.

Can someone please Google how much this particular car sells for these days??

If I had the money I would be buying ALL THINGS PEARL JAM.
    Why? Because I love Pearl Jam and it makes me feel fanfuckingtastic.
    If I was a millionaire I would be stalking the band. :wtf:
    If I had something worth so much to me, surrounding me, that costs money and bloody good Karma.
    So what if someone is selling something to high for you to get.
    Surround yourself in something you can.

word?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Why is the reenk roink worth $2,000? When its just a copy of ten and you could simply buy a copy of reenk roink for $10..... collectors who appreciate these rare items.....will spend the money ... Just like I have and just like the many before and after me......I don't expect everyone to understand it.... but that's what some of us love to do!
    The point of this whole argument/debate is that some people are pissed off because I posted an FYI to my ebay auctions....If I was selling a reenk roink I am sure some people on here would want a heads up ..... not everyone spends there days on ebay looking for the next rare pj item.....

amd this really cannot be argued with....
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    This will be my last comment on the subject. You have COMEPLETELY taken everything I said(aside from the troll thing) out of context. Or evidentally I wasnt clear enough. I never said you shouldnt get as much as you could for your stuff. I simply said that coming here with an ebay auction was frowned upon and I thought you should have just said here is what I have...here is what I want...first to pm with gets it. I just dont think its right to come HERE and pit one fan against another in a bidding war whether it be make me an offer, or here is my auction. Call me an elitist or whatever you want(indirectly of course) but it is just the way I feel. Yes, I did feel I needed to point out my reenk simply because you eluded on more than one occasional that if I had an appreciattion for collecting, that I would understand better...I understand collecting, trust me I have been doing it for many years now(ask around). As for me coming here and making a fans dream come true as you put it....Not going to happen...If and when I come here to move any of my stuff, I will come here and put what have...what I want for it and then I will go from there. I will not put people into a bidding war against one another here...I am sorry you lost your job and have to do this, I really am...That said, I think you came here and handled it poorly...It is just my perogotive right wrong or indifferent and I am not going to defend my position or ask for people to approve or disaprove of it as you have so many times now...It is what it is, and I dont like the way you did it. Good luck to you, I hope you make a mint.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    This will be my last comment on the subject. You have COMEPLETELY taken everything I said(aside from the troll thing) out of context. Or evidentally I wasnt clear enough. I never said you shouldnt get as much as you could for your stuff. I simply said that coming here with an ebay auction was frowned upon and I thought you should have just said here is what I have...here is what I want...first to pm with gets it. I just dont think its right to come HERE and pit one fan against another in a bidding war whether it be make me an offer, or here is my auction. Call me an elitist or whatever you want(indirectly of course) but it is just the way I feel. Yes, I did feel I needed to point out my reenk simply because you eluded on more than one occasional that if I had an appreciattion for collecting, that I would understand better...I understand collecting, trust me I have been doing it for many years now(ask around). As for me coming here and making a fans dream come true as you put it....Not going to happen...If and when I come here to move any of my stuff, I will come here and put what have...what I want for it and then I will go from there. I will not put people into a bidding war against one another here...I am sorry you lost your job and have to do this, I really am...That said, I think you came here and handled it poorly...It is just my perogotive right wrong or indifferent and I am not going to defend my position or ask for people to approve or disaprove of it as you have so many times now...It is what it is, and I dont like the way you did it. Good luck to you, I hope you make a mint.

nor this.......
  • pjfan31 wrote:

ha ha u r so gay and a stalker !! ;)

LMFAO
    edited December 2009

1st off- Good Morning Folks!

Ok- some of what you have said has made some sense to me, but then you contradict yourself. I guess this will be the last time I respond to your post.

You contradict yourself because you have said it yourself - that I should have came here and posted my price and then negotiate via PM - If that is the case, I am pinning PJ fan against PJ fan..just like my best offer auction.

As far as addressing the "collecting" argument- I said things generally speaking, specifically for those out there following this thread who may not be informed in certain areas of collecting (generally speaking)...

I feel I have handled myself well on this thread- I have address everyone's comments in a respectable manner.

The reason I said let the fans speak out about the approval / disapproval is to end this thread- otherwise we could keep going back and forth forever --- I think if you have taken the time, which I hope you would(generally spking), to read all the substance on here, then you can make an informative decision and simply say app/disapp .... That would be fare to the folks who don't want me here and fare for the folks who just don't care....... I would be willing to take my marching orders and just go! (I might be a dead man walking here) :cry:

But in my defense and in your defense - I don't feel this is the best place to come and flip a recently released item- but for those of you that do --- then that is your business -- and if I want it, I'll donate to your fliping, if I don't, then I wont attack you with harsh language...... I am not coming here and flipping a concert shirt like I have on ebay, I am simply coming here to post an FYI to a rare collectible that I had originally posted for sale here through the pit---- so in other words I took my collection from the pit to ebay, as some here in the pit had suggested I do.......... And I came from ebay to the pit to sell individually - because that is what many suggest I do---- So as you can see I am taking everyone's advise..... But as an end to the flipping thing- Yes I feel some people over do it and just ask for some crazy prices- but you can't blame those guys - its our faults for wanting those items or not showing up 8hrs before the show starts..... we can make excuses all day, but at the end of the day it comes down to you(generally spking)....

The reason I am still defending myself is because this thread has challenged my integrity and most important my 15+ years as a hard nose PJ fan! So this fight has become my right to "FYI" the PJ community of some cool collectibles I have for sale....Without being attacked by the right wing elitist (jk) ...I have the right to bump my thread a few times here and there, but trust me I wont spam......
    If you decide to sell your signed reenk roink cd- I hope you give me a heads up via PM or something, that it's up for sale--- Because I want it and I'll pay what I can afford for it .... and maybe even pay what I can't afford.....Because the bottom line is that I am not always on ebay looking for rare pj items.... nor am I on the pit looking for them.... the more awareness the better.. ;)

Now with all that being said I'm in the mood for some inspiration - for some strong emotion.... I'll let this song guide me...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVkEKcSoFE
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    Jo wrote:
    My Bloke had an original 1968 HT GTS 350 Chevy 'Bathurst Special' Monaro.
    It needed a paint job and got Gun Metal grey with Black trims.
    265" Tyres with Dragway Rims.
    He advertised it in 1986 the paper for AU $5000.
    People rang to abuse him for expecting such a high price.
    He ended up getting AU $3500.

Can someone please Google how much this particular car sells for these days??

If I had the money I would be buying ALL THINGS PEARL JAM.
    Why? Because I love Pearl Jam and it makes me feel fanfuckingtastic.
    If I was a millionaire I would be stalking the band. :wtf:
    If I had something worth so much to me, surrounding me, that costs money and bloody good Karma.
    So what if someone is selling something to high for you to get.
    Surround yourself in something you can.

word?

Well here is a chevy, but it's not a special addition .. and its currently on the auc block....and still has sometime to go.... I sow another one that had a buy it now price of 50k...... and that one wasn't a special addition... :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrole ... sQ5fTrucks

Thanks for the different perspective to collecting --- Now everyone is going to think that there original TEN cd is worth a whole lot of money because it's old! JK :lol:
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    time for this thread to die
    good points bad points
    and plenty of time for anyone to contact you

let it die please
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Get_Right wrote:

but wait there's more
    if you order now........ :lol:

Bid within the next 10 minutes...and we will DOUBLE the offer!! ;-)

billy_mays_dead.jpg

AND, you'll get a Snuggie!

snuggie.jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    Get_Right wrote:
    good points bad points

let it die please

I personally would be fine with that- Just stop attacking me and I will move on...I am fine with simply posting on ebay, but if I decide to give people a heads up to something unique I am selling - then let not, the elitist fire at me!
    This is no longer about my items--- This is about justice -- I don't care if people contact me about my items or not - I know what I have, I know how unique they are, and most importantly what they represent.... This is no longer about the sales..... I think we left that on the first page.....

I will stop as long as people stop treating me like some out cast with some foreign disease .....it's very simple - I want to breathe in peace.... But I will fight for my justice..... This thread could have long disappeared - had not the halves started attacking me.....

thanks for your willingness to see that there is at least good and bad points in this....next time around maybe I'll be left alone....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    out of curiousity, have you received any offers yet? Anyone from here?

Im not interested at all. Just curious.

At the end I would be interested in what the final price was.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    out of curiousity, have you received any offers yet? Anyone from here?

Im not interested at all. Just curious.

At the end I would be interested in what the final price was.

If anything sells - you can view it on the ebay website --- only offers have been made - I highly doubt it that anyone from here will buy something.... although I did sell somethings to a few members on the board.... but those prices are irrelevant ........Everyone in general has an option to submit an offer -- I have already posted examples of other items selling for similar prices.... There really isn't much of a market for these types of items... because they are rarely seen....(older signatures or unique doodles - such as the one posted below) most of the time these are sold in private auction houses - and are rarely put out for the general public....

ten.JPG
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    haha.

that vinyl is awesome.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    haha.

that vinyl is awesome.

I agree with you! But some people don't think it means squat! and that it's only worth $100 - Shoot your telling me(generally spking- not you) that this piece is equal to a F'ing hoodie? Is equal to a poster? to a Yield vinyl? To whatever actually freaking sells for $100.....(In terms of $$ value not sentimental value)......this pieces is a 1 of 1 ... at least for now it is.... I am sure someone, not here... but someone might try to reproduce something like this..... That's why my whole collection gives some credibility to my pieces - My 200 plus posters kind of says that I've been it for the long haul......

thanks...
  • Get_Right wrote:
    good points bad points

let it die please

I so agree!!!!
  • "there is not really a market for these"..

Then, by simples laws of economics you should not be selling or even asking for 500. Supply and DEMAND! There has to be an equilibrium price somewhere.. and it sure isnt 500.. maybe 100 is a decent price.

1st law of business.. just because you think it is worth a certain amount Deffinately does not mean someone else holds that value either.

Good luck.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Get_Right wrote:
    good points bad points

let it die please

I so agree!!!!
    so then lets stop bumping this thread
    (like I just did for the last time)
    just let it die
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    good points bad points

let it die please

I so agree!!!!
    so then lets stop bumping this thread
    (like I just did for the last time)
    just let it die

I didn't bump it, I waited until it was already bumped to comment.
    rolenrock wrote:
    "there is not really a market for these"..

Then, by simples laws of economics you should not be selling or even asking for 500. Supply and DEMAND! There has to be an equilibrium price somewhere.. and it sure isnt 500.. maybe 100 is a decent price.

1st law of business.. just because you think it is worth a certain amount Deffinately does not mean someone else holds that value either.

Good luck.

I agree with what you said, but this is completely getting off topic--- All of my auctions hold "best offer options" - and being the realist that I am - if you look at rare beatles memorabilia or other big bands memorabilia you will see the values of those items...So there is plenty of documentation for these types of sales....... I am not making up numbers out of thin air---- I guarantee you if I posted this piece and said I will trade this for any poster that is worth $100 - My inbox would blow up! That's just being a realist....you cannot claim that as false....(not in relationship to sentimental value)..... as a collector these items are one in a million......and usually give collectors wood..... just like it gave me.... ;)
    You really need to read the complete thread in order to get a firm grasp on the issue here and my price comparisons..... It's not fair that you take one part of the discussion completely out of context... I have provided substance for my ideals.... I am not just making things up as we go along.......
  • Trading and forking over cash are completely different beasts..

BTW... do not reply to this here.. just let it die.. done. If you want to reply to me.. PM me. good day to you sir.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • All the posting you've done about these items probably adds up to 2 days of work at a job.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    shawndyer wrote:
    All the posting you've done about these items probably adds up to 2 days of work at a job.

hence, why he wants to get paid so much! :lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    rolenrock wrote:
    Trading and forking over cash are completely different beasts..

BTW... do not reply to this here.. just let it die.. done. If you want to reply to me.. PM me. good day to you sir.

(Very sarcastically) I wasn't aware of that. My point is that if I ask for $100 for that particular piece the same thing will happen- Just like it happen when I first introduced it, I got a quit a few offers.... I am trying to use facts, when i make a statement.... This part of the thread could die, i agree- it went off topic.
  • really enough. Just let this thread go.
This discussion has been closed.