Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'm here for the debate and conversation. I started seeing a little substance at the beginning, but then all that died out once we started narrowing it down.
    Thanks for the bump- and I'm glad to see some youth out for Pearl Jam. Enjoy them as much as you can because who knows how many years they have left, at least with this kind of intensity.

Do you know something we don't? :( :?
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    SIDEBAR!!!!!

Hey!!! I just read your sig and realized I met you after the LA show when you threw your UCLA shirt up onstage and Mike wrapped it on his head!! I'm a UCLA fan so when I saw that I was super excited!! Woot!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    PJPixie wrote:
    SIDEBAR!!!!!

Hey!!! I just read your sig and realized I met you after the LA show when you threw your UCLA shirt up onstage and Mike wrapped it on his head!! I'm a UCLA fan so when I saw that I was super excited!! Woot!

Cool- Yup that's me- That was one great show and one funny moment. I can't believe I got the shirt back- Mike took it off and threw it back at me.
    To bad our bruins aren't doing so well this year (basketball or football)! Man I went to the UCLA /USC game and it was rough - those SC fans were just being crazy!
    vital5 wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'm here for the debate and conversation. I started seeing a little substance at the beginning, but then all that died out once we started narrowing it down.
    Thanks for the bump- and I'm glad to see some youth out for Pearl Jam. Enjoy them as much as you can because who knows how many years they have left, at least with this kind of intensity.

Do you know something we don't? :( :?

I don't know yet- we'll find out after were done. Not sure exactly what you know, but I know what I know....... ;)
    PJPixie wrote:
    SIDEBAR!!!!!

I was just looking at some of your pictures! That picture of you at the Fonda is amazing! That is so cool- My brother was also at that show- He was the guy that got the bottle of wine from eddie at the beginning of the show.... Do you remember him? He kind of looks like me - just a little shorter.....I am sure he was wearing a UCLA hat - that hat seems to be permanently attached to him....lol....
    Do you have anymore pictures of the Fonda?
  • The problem, is that you're posting it HERE. While ebay and Pearl Jam items aren't entirely taboo here, people who come here to advertise their ebay auctions have always been frowned upon, for as long as i've been involved with Pearl Jam message boards, going back 2 boards, and the 10C has infact had some auctions removed.

I don't care that you're auctioning your stuff, i hope it goes to someone that values it more than you.
    Just don't come here to do it.

And i have Eddie's autograph on a white paper CD sleeve that i got myself at the second LA solo show in April of last year. A paper CD sleeve. I wouldn't sell it for $10, $100, not even $1000. That shit is priceless to me.

Go somewhere else to pump up your auction.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Lol and who gives a shit how or when someone signs it? Fuck. Seriously? I would take my 2008 Eddie sig. EASILY over any of yours, it's cleaner, much more legible, and HE FUCKING SMILED when he signed it, and shook my hand after it.

"And this one was signed while Eddie was taking a shit during the encore break @ MSG 2 1998! It's worth twice as much as the same fucking thing but at the Hartford 1998 show"
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I'm bumping this thread for a couple reasons.

1. I enjoy the topic of autographs (although this thread has sadly become one of name calling. This is not too unusual when people's hearts and emotions get involved, which the act of getting/wanting/desiring/not being able to afford/envying an autograph can easily embody.)

2. By bumping I can now follow this in my 'view your posts' tab.

3. I have had some interesting conversations with tonifig8 about collecting, perceived value of autographs, rarity of some items, and the use of eBay as a selling medium.

4. For some selfish reasons, like trying to be 'in the ballpark' of what I originally valued these autographs at, I want these items to go unsold. I apologize for these feelings, but my inner animal instinct and opinion wants validation. :oops:

5. A legitimate Bump for tonifig8 who at the expense of aiding a negative thread will bump his own thread for his promotion purpose. That alone deserves a bump.

Number 4. in some ways pits my lowball prices against what I consider unusually high 'BIN' prices that the autographs have been started at.

Now with that said, I will defend tonifig8's right to sell his items (which he seems to have purchased and therefore should have the right to sell even in the mind of the most angry critic), although I personally don't have an issue with him selling these items even if he was given them directly from the band through an act of pure fandom.

I understand people will ALWAYS get hot about people selling things and using this board as a tool to do so. I don't have a problem with it, but I realize that we all have an emotional investment in this band and sometimes when dollars are involved this upsets people who try to keep their love separate from their commerce.

I personally don't think these items will sell at the 'BIN' prices, although those prices seem to be within a reasonable range for "FULL" band signed items. Most of tonifig8's items are NOT full band signed items and with other full band singed items for sale I think it will be harder to realize the higher range of sale.

The single signed 'doodled' items are awesome, but I still feel single signed EV pieces sell for $100.00 - $300.00 even with little doodles and inscriptions, although $500.00 wouldn't shock me.

All of this hype on the board has not helped tremendously as perhaps the marketplace is not set yet for buyer and seller to reach an agreeable medium.

If you like, or LOVE, any of these items then I say throw out a 'submit best offer'. Who knows if it will be accepted.

I would but I already know I would be rejected and I don't want to insult too badly with what I would be willing to pay.

But some of you might be willing to pay just enough to make a sweet transaction happen. These items are pretty fucking cool. IMO.

Good luck tonifig8 and to those who disagree, good luck to you too, may you someday find your own opportunity to meet the band and secure an auto or two if you can, or perhaps find one on eBay for the right price.

-Wilds
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    nice post by Wilds,

I cannot add any more....

cant we just wish this guy luck?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    pdalowsky wrote:
    nice post by Wilds,

I cannot add any more....

cant we just wish this guy luck?

yes we can! ;)

Good luck Tony!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    edited December 2009
    With the amount of fake signatures that grace the marketplace, it would be wise to get these authenticated by PSA/DNA or JSA. "Older" signatures are typically more valuable because they are often a more scarce item.

Authentication-
    http://www.psadna.com
    http://www.spenceloa.com
    Post edited by flyinwhole313 on
  • one thing you have to consider is market value fluctuates. what sells for 100 today might only sell for 50 tomorrow. a very good example is the into the wild vinyl. i remember a couple copies selling for over 500 bucks over a month ago, and i saw a copy sell for 155 a couple weeks ago. your best bet is to do what you are doing with the 30 day auctions if you are wanting to get your prices. eventually you'll get a bite. but it seems you never leave auctions up long enough to get any recognition. you always end them early. maybe you should try leaving them up there for a while. i mean fuck man, if people buy those cheap shitty guitars with a pj sticker and auto on them for a G note then surely you could get rid of some old school autos for half that.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    tonifig8 wrote:
    well Ed signed like this when he was upset or didn't feel like being formal with his signatures - So now he is pretty formal about signing - I guess the historical significance is that you can no longer obtain such a sig from Ed.

how do you know know how ed was feeling while he signed it? maybe he was high or just didn't care?

and how do you know ed won't ever sign that way again? i'm pretty sure he could be angry, informal, high, etc...
    marriage fcks you up but it doesn't eliminate your signature abilities ;)
    edited December 2009
    Lol and who gives a shit how or when someone signs it? Fuck. Seriously? I would take my 2008 Eddie sig. EASILY over any of yours, it's cleaner, much more legible, and HE FUCKING SMILED when he signed it, and shook my hand after it.

"And this one was signed while Eddie was taking a shit during the encore break @ MSG 2 1998! It's worth twice as much as the same fucking thing but at the Hartford 1998 show"

First off- I would appreciate if you watched the language - that isn't debating it's more of a sign of ignorance. Now, Don't question whether I value something or not- I have a massive collection of items and if I need to start letting things go, out of necessity, that doesn't mean I don't value my items- And yes I hope these pieces go to a good home.
    Now as far as signatures being worth more or less- Yes some are worth more or less because of the specifics of the particular item. Let me give you an example, You are a collector of CD's, right? you collect certain CD's that have certain serial numbers...am i right or wrong? What is the difference? it has the same music. As you would say, "Who gives a S..T! F..! Seriously! Ten album is the same as another ten album made during the same period. That is the argument your giving me.....In all honesty I find it interesting that your collecting those types of items- When I sow your post a few weeks back I even went as far as to check my collection of CD's, now I am glad I never dealt with a person like you.
    My point is that some people are serious about collecting Signatures and some people are serious about collecting CD's with certain serial numbers.....

Now let's be clear here- I have not over posted my thread - I have myself posted a sale of my items twice on the board- and I have pumped those a few times, the reason is quit simple, Not everyone has a chance to see them- and if you have seen my slideshow and all my pieces then you don't need to view it again (even though it was a pretty cool slideshow and someone actually found a new sound they had never heard ;) (words out of place) ).
    I have posted on here because, like you, I have paid my fees, also I am selling legit items. This is a system of laws and rules- and I am following them.....which I have the right to!
    Whether you agree with my prices or not - my listing is simple - you can make me an offer and I might accept it or you can buy them at my asking price. Yes I want the best dollar for my prized collection- I guess I am greedy for that, but in my opinion they are worth every penny!
    I never posted on the thread and never felt the need to, but when people were complaining about my ebay auction - I came here to debate the issue- Now that I am here -all I am getting is attacks with very little substance- I felt that Die Hard PJ fan's would appreciate an opportunity to own some rare stuff- I know I would - That is for freaking sure! And I consider myself a die hard fan (believe it of not).
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    Lol and who gives a shit how or when someone signs it? Fuck. Seriously? I would take my 2008 Eddie sig. EASILY over any of yours, it's cleaner, much more legible, and HE FUCKING SMILED when he signed it, and shook my hand after it.

First off- I would appreciate if you watched the language - that isn't debating it's more of a sign of ignorance. Now, Don't question whether I value something or not- I have a massive collection of items and if I need to start letting things go, out of necessity, that doesn't mean I don't value my items- And yes I hope these pieces go to a good home.
    Now as far far as signatures being worth more or less- Yes some are worth or less because of the specifics of the particular item. Let me give you an example, You are a collector of CD's right? you collect certain CD's that have certain serial numbers... What is the difference? it has the same music- as you would say "Who gives a S..T! F..! Seriously! Ten album is the same as another ten album made during the same period.
    My point is that some people are serious about collecting Signatures and some people are serious about collecting CD's with certain serial numbers.....

Now let's be clear here- I have not over posted my thread - I have myself posted a sale of my items twice on the board- and I have pumped those a few times, the reason is quit simple, Not everyone has a chance to see them- and if you have seen my slideshow and all my pieces then you don't need to view it again.
    I have posted on here because, like you, I have paid my fees, also I am selling legit items.
    Whether you agree with my prices or not - my listing is simple - you can make me an offer and I might accept it or you can buy them at my asking price. Yes I want the best dollar for my prized collection- I guess I am greedy for that, but in my opinion they are worth every penny!
    I never posted on the thread and never felt the need to, but when people were complaining about my ebay auction - I came here to debate the issue- Now that I am here -all I am getting is attacks with very little substance- I felt that Die Hard PJ fan's would appreciate an opportunity to own some rare stuff- I know I would - That is for freaking sure! And I consider myself a die hard fan (believe it of not).
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!

I hope you make a small fortune on these items...
    Dont let these people fool you.....

They would do the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!

Each and every one of them would do the exact same thing.....Because they come here and FLIP their posters every single day...

Just a fact...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Lambchops wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    well Ed signed like this when he was upset or didn't feel like being formal with his signatures - So now he is pretty formal about signing - I guess the historical significance is that you can no longer obtain such a sig from Ed.

how do you know know how ed was feeling while he signed it? maybe he was high or just didn't care?

and how do you know ed won't ever sign that way again? i'm pretty sure he could be angry, informal, high, etc...
    marriage fcks you up but it doesn't eliminate your signature abilities ;)

I don't know how he was feeling at the moment. But I do know, and this takes years of researching to know, is that he wouldn't always like to sign his formal signature - Just like he doesn't like the sign the 1993 Time magazine - you hand that to him and he'll draw a straight line if your lucky. I have met many people in this industry through out the many years- and I have appreciated every bit of information they have shared with me. I like to learn new things- that's why I am debating with so many of you- I want to learn something from this......
    thanks for your interest and the post----
  • best thread i've read in a long time. A ton of classic comedy. "watch your language" come on!

anyway, i don't care if he sells this on ebay. thats his right.

pimping his ebay auction here is where it seems to cross the line to me. Right or wrong, its tacky. Sure its worked by bringing attention to his auction, so from a business point its been excellent to him. Its still an unwritten rule around here not to hawk your auctions on the message board. A "true fan" and member of the board would know that.

Anyway, above all I just don't like this guy's attitude. Very high and mighty about his goods. If it meant that much then keep them. There's always another option.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
    Now if you really want to be a part of this debate and weigh in with a hard nose comment- then at least take the time to read all the other posts I have made and others have made--- I don't want to keep answering the same questions over and over- even though it bumps my thread......
    Let me make these few and final points.....
    I am posting on the pit because I have the right to! And also, I was pushed to come here because I had to defend my ebay listings against four or five people posting some nasty things about my collection.
    My prices might be high for some of you and I understand that, but you do have an option to make an offer if you really like something...... I have sold a few things to a few folks already and I am sure they are pleased with the prices we agreed to.....especially if you compare those prices to some of the current prices on modern signatures. It is a score..... on historical pj items...
    Second I have been fair to address most of you with legit facts and statements.....
    Third this is the second thread I have created in regards to actually selling my stuff--- other threads have been created for opinions by me and by others....

Lastly when I came here I did go around asking people for advise or at least communicate with so many members - at least to get a feel of what the board felt--- And I am sure many of you remember that.....but those are some of the facts......
    As of right now--- there are about half the people posting on here are against everything I and my collection stand for.....and the other half are at least fine with letting it ride.... and interested in seeing the turn out --- And I probably have about 30 private messages from people who are just happy that I posted my items - because they have enjoyed viewing these old jewels......
    That being said - lets debate, but with out the nasty comments- and lets go at it based on facts or substance....
    I appreciate all the comments- good and bad..... ;)
    best thread i've read in a long time. A ton of classic comedy. "watch your language" come on!

anyway, i don't care if he sells this on ebay. thats his right.

pimping his ebay auction here is where it seems to cross the line to me. Right or wrong, its tacky. Sure its worked by bringing attention to his auction, so from a business point its been excellent to him. Its still an unwritten rule around here not to hawk your auctions on the message board. A "true fan" and member of the board would know that.

Anyway, above all I just don't like this guy's attitude. Very high and mighty about his goods. If it meant that much then keep them. There's always another option.

Lol...I am glad you are at least enjoying the thread......All high and mighty is kind of off--- I love my items, but I have to do what i have to do....I mean come on - I am not trying to push crazy numbers on anyone- you can make an offer and score a real and rare item. Most people will never ever get an opportunity to own something this personal.... that's the simple truth....I am not an elitist and I have sold and made nothing but fair deals on the board....
    And finally I don't expect anyone from the board to actually buy any of items on ebay, which is why I have never posted my items here before- until I was frowned upon by a few elitist......I would love to keep my items, I need the money and also I have about 400 items (posters, shirts, picks,etc..etc.) I am a true fan and love my PJ Music - That's why I will never give up my ticket stubs! Those are my most valuable jewels! ;)
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    Lol...I am glad you are at least enjoying the thread......All high and mighty is kind of off--- I love my items, but I have to do what i have to do....I mean come on - I am not trying to push crazy numbers on anyone- you can make an offer and score a real and rare item. Most people will never ever get an opportunity to own something this personal.... that's the simple truth....I am not an elitist and I have sold and made nothing but fair deals on the board....
    And finally I don't expect anyone from the board to actually buy any of items on ebay, which is why I have never posted my items here before- until I was frowned upon by a few elitist......I would love to keep my items, I need the money and also I have about 400 items (posters, shirts, picks,etc..etc.) I am a true fan and love my PJ Music - That's why I will never give up my ticket stubs! Those are my most valuable jewels! ;)

I agree with you about pricing. Pricing is a personal thought. I would not buy an autograph for any price, because it would only hold value to me if it was given to me by them, but thats just me. So I have no problem with your prices.

Maybe i'm a little off by saying you're high and mighty, but your description of your items is hilarious to me. Your descriptions seem to be very polished in raising the prestige of your items. Historic might be a stretch for your items, as are your comments of how people are thanking you just for SEEING pictures of the items.

But if you don't expect anyone from the board to but any items on ebay, why post the auctions here?
    I would say there is about 1000 people who have checked into this thread in the last 24hrs- about 5 people have posted comments with disapproval of what I am doing/ offering.... that's about 0.5% of the views..... I understand there is probably more, but I am sure there are probably more who feel my thread is fine....

I am curious and want to get an idea of who is right here...... If you agree with my post and my comments can you please post an Approval and if you disagree with my post/comments can you post a disapproval

No hard feelings just want to get an idea if what I am saying/ doing is right or wrong-- Lets get a consensus from the Pit........Numbers still might not turn out accurate, but at least we'll get a bigger pictures....

APPROVAL - if you agree with my comments

DISAPPROVAL
    - if you do not agree with my comments

thanks to everyone .... to my rivals and to my allies :D
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    I would say there is about 1000 people who have checked into this thread in the last 24hrs- about 5 people have posted comments with disapproval of what I am doing/ offering.... that's about 0.5% of the views..... I understand there is probably more, but I am sure there are probably more who feel my thread is fine....

I am curious and want to get an idea of who is right here...... If you agree with my post and my comments can you please post an Approval and if you disagree with my post/comments can you post a disapproval

No hard feelings just want to get an idea if what I am saying/ doing is right or wrong-- Lets get a consensus from the Pit........Numbers still might not turn out accurate, but at least we'll get a bigger pictures....

DISAPPROVAL

I don't think that it counts unique visitors , so i think you're getting a lot of duplicate views.

but again, if you don't expect anyone from the board to but any items on ebay, why post the auctions here?
    tonifig8 wrote:

I agree with you about pricing. Pricing is a personal thought. I would not buy an autograph for any price, because it would only hold value to me if it was given to me by them, but thats just me. So I have no problem with your prices.

Maybe i'm a little off by saying you're high and mighty, but your description of your items is hilarious to me. Your descriptions seem to be very polished in raising the prestige of your items. Historic might be a stretch for your items, as are your comments of how people are thanking you just for SEEING pictures of the items.

But if you don't expect anyone from the board to but any items on ebay, why post the auctions here?

My thread was just an FYI and could have disappeared by now- But the last time I posted stuff on ebay people complained about me not posting it on the thread--- So how do I make everyone happy? I guess i can't but we could at least debate this and find some truth to this....
    Let's be clear- about the historic comment--- If you own an old singer featherweight sewing machine - that machine is considered Historic in the world of machinery and Singer collectors.... Now PJ's history is going on two decades and these items were a part of the early 1st decade.... that's why I say historic....
    And yes some people have emailed me thanking me for posting these items- why because some of them had never been seen by most folks-- Some folks didn't even know Ed had a different signature from todays signature...(lesson in hist) .... I know if someone post something on here or ebay that I had never seen...I'll probably get wood and just appreciate it...... that's how a collector seeings things at least.....
    thanks for the comment....can you post an Approval or disapproval ..... I want to get some statistics.... and clash with the elitist .....
    :geek:
    tonifig8 wrote:

DISAPPROVAL

I don't think that it counts unique visitors , so i think you're getting a lot of duplicate views.

but again, if you don't expect anyone from the board to but any items on ebay, why post the auctions here?

Very true about the duplicates....I myself have visited the thread about 10+ times....but in my past thread I had never gotten this much traffic.....and right now its only been 24hrs and also if you post your approval disapproval comment we could end this....
    One thing I love about PJ shows is meeting new people and having long conversations about PJ- My purpose here is simple, 1st to sell my items(hopefully to a good home), 2nd to display these unique pieces (not all are unique), 3rd to challenge the elitist...

For the record someone discovered and fell in love with a song they had never heard... thanks to my thread.....that alone should be rewarding to me and to many of you---- and collectors love to compare signatures and see the different items out there...... Had I not posted my record with the sperm drawings all over them, many of you would have never known that eddie did such things..... Just like many folks don't know that eddie will never sign a 93 TIME magazine...... Someone learns and I learn...... I have met some amazing collectors, that I would have otherwise never have know...thanks to these threads!! That is rewarding in itself.......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    edited December 2009
    so inquiring minds want to know
    any of this stuff sold yet?

and why dont you just set up a regular auction with your prices as the reserve so you can gauge the true market value?
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Comical...
    However i have seen fans on here selling posters that have been listed on Ebay, but they have been very reasonable prices, some which have been as unique as the items your selling, but to offer them to fans on here is not the way to do it at the price your asking ($700) and i know your asking for offers but realistically you not going to accept much less!!
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    My thread was just an FYI and could have disappeared by now- But the last time I posted stuff on ebay people complained about me not posting it on the thread--- So how do I make everyone happy? I guess i can't but we could at least debate this and find some truth to this....
    Let's be clear- about the historic comment--- If you own an old singer featherweight sewing machine - that machine is considered Historic in the world of machinery and Singer collectors.... Now PJ's history is going on two decades and these items were a part of the early 1st decade.... that's why I say historic....
    And yes some people have emailed me thanking me for posting these items- why because some of them had never been seen by most folks-- Some folks didn't even know Ed had a different signature from todays signature...(lesson in hist) .... I know if someone post something on here or ebay that I had never seen...I'll probably get wood and just appreciate it...... that's how a collector seeings things at least.....
    thanks for the comment....can you post an Approval or disapproval ..... I want to get some statistics.... and clash with the elitist .....

disapprove on the basis that i don't think its proper to advertise auctions here

i do collect things, so no need to inform me on how "a collector sees things," that just makes you seem condescending.

Maybe people are thanking you to look at your stuff, that idea just seems foreign to me.

I think I give more weight to the term 'historic' than you do, but we'll move past that. Learning of Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo is a lesson in history, learning that someone's signature changed over 20 years... not so much. Dare I say I'd almost assume that.
    Get_Right wrote:
    so inquiring minds want to know
    any of this stuff sold yet?

Yes - two pieces have sold and I have made a few trades with a few other folks--- Look I am not only selling the two pieces I pasted on this thread--- I am also selling other pieces online- just look at the other stuff I have for sale..... Whether these sell or do not sell doesn't settle this. Because I could easily show you other items that have sold, just like i could show you items that haven't sold.
    tonifig8 wrote:

disapprove on the basis that i don't think its proper to advertise auctions here

i do collect things, so no need to inform me on how "a collector sees things," that just makes you seem condescending.

Maybe people are thanking you to look at your stuff, that idea just seems foreign to me.

I think I give more weight to the term 'historic' than you do, but we'll move past that. Learning of Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo is a lesson in history, learning that someone's signature changed over 20 years... not so much. Dare I say I'd almost assume that.

I am not comparing this to civilized history- I made that clear.....I am comparing this to PJ history-
    History exist in different realms.....
    How do you know I wont accept an offer if you haven't made one? I have sold a very nice autograph piece to someone on the board and we both felt it was a good deal.... Condescending by explaining my view? The fact is that a lot of people on here don't know much about old signatures--- and I have the many emails to prove it....but i wouldn't do that to anyone.... You can look at the past thread and read some of the comments people have made about these newly discovered signatures....I am not trying to educate you specifically, but not all people reading the post know all the facts about the signatures...that's why i have to write in general terms or in an informative way....
    we can simply settle this by an Approval or Disapproval----
    One other thing- I am not coming here posting items that I am flipping, like a recent concert shirt or poster - I understand that to be tacky, but if people want to do that that's there thing....I'll just keep away or buy it if I want it.... I have flipped a few things myself, but never have I came to the board to do it..... So my listings aren't your regular t shirt or posters ..... these are unique items for a unique group of fans..... ;)

That being said - lets end this with an Approval or a disapproval of my thread......
This discussion has been closed.