Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    do you have anything in the $0-$100 range?? This stuff is to rich for my blood.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    What I find most amusing is that you think I have no understanding of collecting and need an explanation. Thanks for the PJ Collecting 101 class, I am sure it will come in handy when I sell my signed reeenk roink! ;-)

Look....Here is the prob I have with you and your auctions, and thats all they really are is auctions, so please dont try and explain it to me any other way. No one is questioning your fandom as you have made it very apparent to us all that you are a TRUE FAN and that these are very unique, in your opinion. We get it, and again thanks for the qualifier. You created an account here and burst onto the scene to make a sale ok? You said yourself that you wish you didnt have to sell these, but well you know? You didnt get to know anyone or ask any questions or anything, you simply came here and tried to sell your stuff. I have no problem with that had you come here and said "here is what I have...here is my price...first to pm me gets them." You want to negotiate behind the scenes with people through pm and haggle and do all those things, then great. But you are taking the higest bidder and are putting the links to your auctions in your threads...an auction is just that, an acution..It goes to the higest bidder or the highest offer, however you want to look at it. Believe me when I tell you that there are more people than just the two of us that have a prob with the way you are going about it, we are just choosing to say so. You are no more than a troll to me and a troll who is trying to make some $$, so please stop reminding us all how big of a fan you are and how you hope it goes to a TRUE FAN, cause at the end of the day, you and I both know that you just want the most cash you can get for this stuff, no matter how you want to spin it spindarella. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be here. It is a message board, and I am just as entitled to my opinion on your thread as you are to post it. I know my opinion prob wont win the popular vote, but it would not be the first time I have been called on the carpet for being a douche on this board and I am certain it wont be the last.. If you dont like my comments, then please as you have told us both, ignore them. And as I said earlier...Good luck...you will need it with those prices! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I have not read all the other posts, only some of them. You are making money out of the band. You are going against the ethic of the Ten Club. I would KILL to get something autographed from the band, and no matter what my financial situation, I would never, ever sell it! It is upsetting to diehard fans like myself that people like you make money out of the band, and now Eddie won't sign autographs because of people making money out of his autograph. In a way, I can't blame him. I wont tell you of the physical pain I put myself through to go meet the band, get their autographs etc only to fall short as this is not about me. I just don't think it's right what you're doing. If you were fair dinkum, you'd run an auction and put the money into one of the many causes that the band donate to. See under activism if you need any ideas. Don't bother answering this mail with a nasty reply. You know what you are doing is wrong. I'm surprised the Ten Club are even sanctioning this thread. If you were a true fan as you say, you wouldn't be doing what you're doing. :x Obviously you don't have a conscience.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    You are no more than a troll to me and a troll who is trying to make some $$, so please stop reminding us all how big of a fan you are and how you hope it goes to a TRUE FAN, cause at the end of the day, you and I both know that you just want the most cash you can get for this stuff, no matter how you want to spin it spindarella. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be here.
    word and :lol:
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I have not read all the other posts, only some of them. You are making money out of the band. You are going against the ethic of the Ten Club. I would KILL to get something autographed from the band, and no matter what my financial situation, I would never, ever sell it! It is upsetting to diehard fans like myself that people like you make money out of the band, and now Eddie won't sign autographs because of people making money out of his autograph. In a way, I can't blame him. I wont tell you of the physical pain I put myself through to go meet the band, get their autographs etc only to fall short as this is not about me. I just don't think it's right what you're doing. If you were fair dinkum, you'd run an auction and put the money into one of the many causes that the band donate to. See under activism if you need any ideas. Don't bother answering this mail with a nasty reply. You know what you are doing is wrong. I'm surprised the Ten Club are even sanctioning this thread. If you were a true fan as you say, you wouldn't be doing what you're doing. :x Obviously you don't have a conscience.

I don't get you, are you accusing me of being in the autograph business? How do you know I am not selling these at the price I might have paid for them? Who say's I have met the band? I am a collector/fan not a stalker.

I've never replied with a nasty comments to anyone. I really didn't think selling these amazing items would be wrong, hear I thought I would get some money while at the same time providing an opportunity to own some rare pieces of PJ history, but I guess i have that wrong.
    Why would the tenclub sanction my listing? What's wrong with it? I put up some amazing items for you to buy or make to make an offer on.
    Look there has been over 400 viewers on this and only 4 of you feel I am in some way scamming people, or cheating the band- That is a total joke! The band charges 35 for a shirt, 30 for a poster,almost 100 for a sweater, 100+ for a ticket, and yet you have no opinion on that? I pay my fees every year just like you and I have spent tons of money on this band just like you- now if I want to sell my items its a crime against the band or I have no conscience? Come on your comments have no merit- you don't know me so don't attack me as if I am a criminal. If you don't like what I am offering don't buy them- If you think my prices are to high and want something then make an offer- But don't come at me questioning my conscience if you don't even know me.
    What I find most amusing is that you think I have no understanding of collecting and need an explanation. Thanks for the PJ Collecting 101 class, I am sure it will come in handy when I sell my signed reeenk roink! ;-)

Look....Here is the prob I have with you and your auctions, and thats all they really are is auctions, so please dont try and explain it to me any other way. No one is questioning your fandom as you have made it very apparent to us all that you are a TRUE FAN and that these are very unique, in your opinion. We get it, and again thanks for the qualifier. You created an account here and burst onto the scene to make a sale ok? You said yourself that you wish you didnt have to sell these, but well you know? You didnt get to know anyone or ask any questions or anything, you simply came here and tried to sell your stuff. I have no problem with that had you come here and said "here is what I have...here is my price...first to pm me gets them." You want to negotiate behind the scenes with people through pm and haggle and do all those things, then great. But you are taking the higest bidder and are putting the links to your auctions in your threads...an auction is just that, an acution..It goes to the higest bidder or the highest offer, however you want to look at it. Believe me when I tell you that there are more people than just the two of us that have a prob with the way you are going about it, we are just choosing to say so. You are no more than a troll to me and a troll who is trying to make some $$, so please stop reminding us all how big of a fan you are and how you hope it goes to a TRUE FAN, cause at the end of the day, you and I both know that you just want the most cash you can get for this stuff, no matter how you want to spin it spindarella. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be here. It is a message board, and I am just as entitled to my opinion on your thread as you are to post it. I know my opinion prob wont win the popular vote, but it would not be the first time I have been called on the carpet for being a douche on this board and I am certain it wont be the last.. If you dont like my comments, then please as you have told us both, ignore them. And as I said earlier...Good luck...you will need it with those prices! ;-)

I'll try and address all of your comments.

When did I say you know nothing about collecting? I explained the auction structure I have set up. Do you really need to mentioned that you have a signed reeenk roink? are you trying to prove something? When you do sell it, as you said, I hope you remember these comments that you've made - I hope you sell it for $25 and make another fans dreams come true. Or I hope you don't try and make any money off the band! :o

Ok- when did I say my listing wasn't an auction? I am simply stating that if you make an offer you get a shot of winning the piece- If I accept, or If you buy it now you get the piece. what's the difference if I post a price on here and then negotiate a price via pm? What's the difference in my auction and the way you are suggesting I do via the board? :?:
    Why am I a troll? because I am selling something that is unique for $$? Because I want to get the best possible price for my items? Of course that is what I want- If you sell your house do you not want to get the best possible price? That's why I am a troll? So anyone who sells something on here and makes $10 more then what they paid for it, is now a troll? I mean come on man- I posted my item in an Auction style (well it can't sell above the buy it now price) for you to make an offer on or to buy it at the set price- I don't see the need for the name calling... completely unnecessary in my opinion.
    Your post just kind of drags on - If i missed something and you really want me to answer it feel free to reply.
    Look it is simple I am selling some unique items, and yeah I guess it is my opinion that these are unique (since 90's sigs are so common), for a buy it now price or you can make an offer. If it bothers you that I am posting on the pit then my apologize, but a suggestion would be to just ignore my threads, I have put in my time and I have the right to consider myself a respectable/ true fan. I have not caused harm to anyone - I have not stolen from someone here, I have donated my time to many of the causes here, i have given away any extra stuff I get at shows, along with so many other things.....so please stop questioning me because I sell my stuff. Your wasting a lot of time on something that has nothing to do with you.
  • pjamaholic wrote:
    way off base here. even though i would never pay that much for an autograph, i'm sure that there are people that would and will. any person has the right to sell there belonging to whom ever wants to buy them. by the way, there is a major market for autographs. from sports to bands to movie stars. supply and demand. so stop bitchin
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I usually stay out of threads like this but I'm going to comment on this one. Yes, you have some nice stuff.
    No, me personally, I would never buy anything that wasn't signed FOR ME. I have a few things signed by members of Pearl Jam that are signed TO ME! I'm broke as fuck right now, no job, 2 kids to feed and I can't pay the rent but I would NEVER consider selling my items that are signed. I want to say that when I had these few items signed on seperate occasions, One item at a time, most of my experiences were ruined by the EBAY-ers that are there simply to have shit autographed to sell on Ebay. EVERY SINGLE TIME, the artist has come out, whether is be Eddie Vedder or Josh Homme or Dave Grohl and said "ah....EBAY" and they get annoyed and stop signing. I went to a tiny show at the Roxy just a few weeks ago where JOHN PAUL JONES just happened to walk into me and sign my brand spanking new THEM CROOKED VULTURES CD......as soon as it happened there were about 15 guys throwing their 8X10 glossy's in his face to sign and he simply said "NO, I won't sign that" but the fucks would not back off. He knows exactly what the guy trying to get the autograph is going to do with it. There, that's my piece. I love my autographed stuff and each item holds an experience near and dear to me. Those experiences simply can not be paid for in an auction.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    I usually stay out of threads like this but I'm going to comment on this one. Yes, you have some nice stuff.
    No, me personally, I would never buy anything that wasn't signed FOR ME. I have a few things signed by members of Pearl Jam that are signed TO ME! I'm broke as fuck right now, no job, 2 kids to feed and I can't pay the rent but I would NEVER consider selling my items that are signed. I want to say that when I had these few items signed on seperate occasions, One item at a time, most of my experiences were ruined by the EBAY-ers that are there simply to have shit autographed to sell on Ebay. EVERY SINGLE TIME, the artist has come out, whether is be Eddie Vedder or Josh Homme or Dave Grohl and said "ah....EBAY" and they get annoyed and stop signing. I went to a tiny show at the Roxy just a few weeks ago where JOHN PAUL JONES just happened to walk into me and sign my brand spanking new THEM CROOKED VULTURES CD......as soon as it happened there were about 15 guys throwing their 8X10 glossy's in his face to sign and he simply said "NO, I won't sign that" but the fucks would not back off. He knows exactly what the guy trying to get the autograph is going to do with it. There, that's my piece. I love my autographed stuff and each item holds an experience near and dear to me. Those experiences simply can not be paid for in an auction.

I'm glad to hear that you feel so strong about your items- I guess I feel that way about my ticket stubs. But I am not one of those guys who goes around getting things signed- and I don't you are accusing me of that, but I just had to make that clear. As far as those guys are concerned - I really have not opinion because if it wasn't for a lot of those guys a lot of people around the world would never have an autograph.
    I have seen them in action and I have seen the artist signed many of there items- I guess it just depends on how the artist feels at the moment. here is a link to prove my point -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjsmhmwE ... PL&index=7

I wont tell you what to do, but if it is between food on the table and my autos, well then I'll do what I have to do. It's that simple for me. Life is more important then my autos. But that is just my opinion.

And just for the record I have met Ed/band three times or so and out of those three times I never once asked for anything. All I said was thank you and moved on- and that is the honest truth

thanks for sharing your comments
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    quit while you're behind :):lol:
    vital5 wrote:
    quit while you're behind :):lol:

I don't feel anyone has the upper hand on me... But thanks for the advise. Ultimately I have put in my time and consider myself a very fortunate fan - and that's all that really matters.

;)
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    After reading you posts, I had a few questions about the items that you are selling:

Are any of these pieces rare?

Do any of them hold historical PJ significance?

Are any of them unique? How about amazing?
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    After reading you posts, I had a few questions about the items that you are selling:

I wasn't going to respond to this post, but I thought what the heck- I might as well address your sarcasm. :shock:
    Let's see are any of these rare??? hhmmmm- there are currently 90 ed autos currently on ebay. None of those are Ed Ved autos or Edward autos- Only 4 or so have his 90's signature. So I guess that makes them some what rare.

Pj Significance.... hmmm--- well Ed signed like this when he was upset or didn't feel like being formal with his signatures - So now he is pretty formal about signing - I guess the historical significance is that you can no longer obtain such a sig from Ed.
    Unique - well I've never seen that rare photo of ed signed -because that is a rare Lance Mercer/ Epic Records photo from 94 - and the combination of the rare photo plus ed specifically writing out that he was writing the set list for the Chicago Show - pretty unique maybe 1 of 1 .
    Amazing will depend on you- I think they are amazing- and a lot of other folks on here seem to agree- So I guess you will have to figure that one out on your own.
    thanks for the sarcasm, ;)
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Your no longer debating or having a conversation - Now its getting tacky and disrespectful. Actually this post/response and previous one (the one ur quoting) are kind of childish. I have been a devoted fan since 94 and this is how I am treated by the community? It's actually kind of sad. I just hope the rest of the pit isn't like this.

My point is simple, if you want to buy my items at my asking price then buy them- if you want to try and make an offer for a better price then make it.
    Yes I want the best price for my items- What is so complicated about this?
    Do you accept Monopoly credit cards?
  • Get_Right wrote:
    man you are relentless in trying to sell this stuff-its like your posts are one big infomercial

again

again

again

and

again

we ALL know you've been trying to unload this shit for at least a month now...spare us!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    vital5 wrote:

Feels like were back in grade school.

This will be my last reply to a post that has no substance. Even though I like my thread being bumped, I'm going to have to stop addressing the childish remarks.
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    vital5 wrote:
    I think I'll put Mayfair on the market if he doesn't :lol:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    edited December 2009
    "Again, this is a rare photo and a rare combination of a doodle with a signature."

I've always wanted a doodle! Especially one with a signature!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • I'll give you 37 grand for the whole lot!!!!

I hope nobody out bids me!!!!! :?
    "Again, this is a rare photo and a rare combination of a doodle with a signature."

What part of that is a lie? The photo is an original Lance Mercer/Epic Records from 94 (rare) The signature is Ed's 1st signature (rare) and the fact that he wrote "Set list Chicago Stadium" (rare doodle) Combination of all those things put together doesn't make this rare?
    Do you own something like this? Have you seen something like this on the market before?
    Tell me where i am making false claims.
    I'll give you 37 grand for the whole lot!!!!

first you wrote 1.2 million and it's 37 grand - why the need to edit? You could simple use the buy it now option and save yourself a lot of grands....

No need for the childish remarks.
    tonifig8 wrote:

What part of that is a lie? The photo is an original Lance Mercer/Epic Records from 94 (rare) The signature is Ed's 1st signature (rare) and the fact that he wrote "Set list Chicago Stadium" (rare doodle) Combination of all those things put together doesn't make this rare?
    Do you own something like this? Have you seen something like this on the market before?
    No, you're right...I've not seen a doodle like this before...it's very rare and especially with a signature too.

Its just I'm probably not willing to pay that much for a doodle, however rare it is. And nothing against your doodle, but yeah, I think I'll have to continue to dream.

Of doodles.

I apologize for my previous comment about childish remarks- I didn't realize you were 17. I don't have nothing to say to you Rhinestones.

Please move on.
    tonifig8 wrote:

No, you're right...I've not seen a doodle like this before...it's very rare and especially with a signature too.

Its just I'm probably not willing to pay that much for a doodle, however rare it is. And nothing against your doodle, but yeah, I think I'll have to continue to dream.

Of doodles.

I really don't get you all that well - But I think I made my point.
    thanks for the pump.
  • tonifig8 wrote:

first you wrote 1.2 million and it's 37 grand - why the need to edit? You could simple use the buy it now option and save yourself a lot of grands....

Wow dude, you are sitting on this thread like an eagle. I literally changed my bid within 4 1/2 seconds and you saw it. Somebody needs money BAD! I won't play around anymore, that is freaky.
    tonifig8 wrote:

Wow dude, you are sitting on this thread like an eagle. I literally changed my bid within 4 1/2 seconds and you saw it. Somebody needs money BAD! I won't play around anymore, that is freaky.

I'm here for the debate and conversation. I started seeing a little substance at the beginning, but then all that died out once we started narrowing it down.
    Thanks for the bump- and I'm glad to see some youth out for Pearl Jam. Enjoy them as much as you can because who knows how many years they have left, at least with this kind of intensity.
  • tonifig8 wrote:

I'm here for the debate and conversation. I started seeing a little substance at the beginning, but then all that died out once we started narrowing it down.
    Thanks for the bump- and I'm glad to see some youth out for Pearl Jam. Enjoy them as much as you can because who knows how many years they have left, at least with this kind of intensity.

ya 17 right :lol: i love that one! :lol:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Of doodles.

I really don't get you all that well - But I think I made my point.
    thanks for the pump.

pumping rare doodles with signatures? oh the shame! 8-)
This discussion has been closed.