Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Where are the Philly boots
    This too shall pass.....
    Who gives a shit about autographs unless you were able to get them yourself. Its just someones fucking signature.
    This too shall pass.....
    Its like how old are we. The boys are prolly like what the fuck he comes this old man wanting our sig :roll:
    This too shall pass.....
    Come on this thread is fuck*n retarded I hope the mods soon lock this. To the person wanting to sell his stuff.
    NO ONE WANTS YOUR STUPID AUTOGRAPHS
    This too shall pass.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    5against1- wrote:
    Its like how old are we. :roll:

:?:
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    PeanutButterJellyTime_3.gif
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    5against1- wrote:
    Come on this thread is fuck*n retarded I hope the mods soon lock this. To the person wanting to sell his stuff.
    NO ONE WANTS YOUR STUPID AUTOGRAPHS

Apparently someone does, because I have sold some stuff on the board, and I have received a few offers on multiple items. I am also assuming that people are at least interested in viewing them because of the so many hits on each item.

I really don't think its necessary to call these things stupid- I know it's your opinion, but these items represent the band that you and I both love..... that's like taking a shot at your band....

The very first post I posted states that if your not into signatures then this thread is probably not for you.... You should have simply read that and just jumped to the next thread..... Sorry this thread had to waste your time.

Lastly we can move on and simply take this thread for what it is ---- It's a simple FYI that I have posted some cool PJ stuff..... If you decide to post a rare poster on ebay I would hope you do the same...... I'm not posting some regular items here - that I am trying to flip.... .. Let's understand that and move on....

thank you,

tonifig8
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I like this thread ! :-)
    and I like the "FYI" in the title... come on. it's not just "FYI", it's for you to sell your stuff.
    No big deal. You have stuff to sell, sell them on ebay or come here and ask people if they are interested. But don't come here with links to ebay items at very high prices.
    There are some common "non-written" rules here. What you do just doesn't follow those rules ; that's why people reply negatively to your posts.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Julien wrote:
    I like this thread ! :-)
    and I like the "FYI" in the title... come on. it's not just "FYI", it's for you to sell your stuff.
    No big deal. You have stuff to sell, sell them on ebay or come here and ask people if they are interested. But don't come here with links to ebay items at very high prices.
    There are some common "non-written" rules here. What you do just doesn't follow those rules ; that's why people reply negatively to your posts.

Thanks for the comments.... But I have already addressed this.... I am not denying that I am trying to sell these items, however many folks around here wouldn't have known that they were up for sale, which is why I put the FYI in my title.
    I understand the unwritten rule that a few people on here are defending..... and again...I am not flipping something or looking to make a quick buck.... I am offering something worth notifying people about..... I believe people should understand that some rules should be allowed to be bent and not viewed as absolute.

My prices involve a lot of money, no doubt about that, but at the end of the day I know you would be extremely happy owning one of these pieces...... the "best offer" option is the key to my auctions.....

You never know.... thanks for the post and the explanation.... I hope I was able to answer some of your concerns....

best,
    tonifig8
  • tonifig8 is Stone Gossard!!!!!!!

I knew it!

Damn Stone, with all the money you're saving on haircuts, do ya really need to sell?!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • If instead of paper clips we used monkeys to hold pieces of paper together, that would be a good way to help the monkey population out.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Click here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://rmfarm.tripod.com/chant.html
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
    Just sayin here, ok? But if you are such a hard core fan , how is it you've only joined the board this year? Roughly only 2 months ago at that? Thats the kind of thing that makes people here just a bit suspiscious, ya know?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Just sayin here, ok? But if you are such a hard core fan , how is it you've only joined the board this year? Roughly only 2 months ago at that? Thats the kind of thing that makes people here just a bit suspiscious, ya know?

maybe he was banned under another account and just opened another one to use the message board. what......... i'm not saying i did that, i'm just saying what if ya know. ;) :twisted: :? :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
    mickeyrat wrote:

maybe he was banned under another account and just opened another one to use the message board. what......... i'm not saying i did that, i'm just saying what if ya know. ;) :twisted: :? :)
    Even IF that was the case , this guy has a way of speaking that would be hard to forget. Like english is a second language. Close but no cigar.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

Are you serious? Do you think Pearl Jam only has 500,000 fans? Do you think all fans want to be a part of this board? Next time you go to a show ...........show up extra early (like 6hrs at least) and ask those who are picking up there tickets if they are a part of the board.
    I never knew people were suspicious about my collection or about me.... till now.... I guess that conversation will have to wait for another thread... because quite frankly I am starting to get sick of wasting my time with people who just don't take the time to think........ sorry I was kind of harsh there, but I am simply offering some cool items if your interest cool --- if not ...lets just move along......
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Even IF that was the case , this guy has a way of speaking that would be hard to forget. Like english is a second language. Close but no cigar.

I don't get this one.... are you saying my grammar is bad? Or it's not the case, and that's why you said close but no cigar?
    this thread is starting to take a hard left....... I think I might start a new one.......Actually I just thought of an interesting thread to start.... that I don't believe anyone else has ever done......
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    is this thread about vagina?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Actually I just thought of an interesting thread to start.... that I don't believe anyone else has ever done......

:shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    arq wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Actually I just thought of an interesting thread to start.... that I don't believe anyone else has ever done......

:shock:

Don't worry Arq -- the new one wont be as heated! It will be simple and everyone should be able to participate .... It should ultimately be interesting..... lol...

I'm tired of the drama too! ;)
    edited December 2009
    This link has all of my current for sale items......Just an FYI for those of you looking for PJ auto's or just want to check out some cool auto's ... . . .I know some of you could careless, so there is no need for you guy's to even click on the link... . . . . Thank You

http://shop.ebay.com/micromail24/m.html ... ksid=p4340
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    It MUST be about vagina.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    pikachus-vagina.jpg
  • TheFixer05TheFixer05 Posts: 27
    edited December 2009
    Ok so I must have no life at all but i just read through every single post that is in this thread. This is my views on this thread.
    1.I approve of what you are doing
    1.a Reason behind me approving it is this. From the very first thread on to your very last thread all you have been doing is saying look I put up some rare items of Pearl Jam stuff on ebay, I have a price I am set with selling them for. If however, you would like to make me an offer that fits your budget then submit me and offer to see if we could come to an agreement.(I don't view this as pitting one fan against another, I view it as being a fan, and trying to help another fan out if they really want said item but can't afford it for what your asking for.)
    2. I don't approve of everyone bashing you for using ebay. Ok we get it the band hates ebay, they hate ticketmaster, and they hate people trying to turn stuff rip people off. I understand all that however selling something or buying something like this from Ebay is also like using a middle man for security reasons. Not saying this is whats happening but say he did come here and just posted hey I am selling this this and this, pm me and lets make this deal, this can lead to many problems, Identity theft for example if your making the deal and pass along sensitive information. In working through ebay, the buyer typically has a peace of mind knowing there information is safe and the transaction will go through. The seller has the peace of mind knowing that if they agree to sell this item to someone the transaction will more often than not go through and don't have to worry about someone backing out last minute.
    3. I can see where some people can say you shouldn't post your sales or link to your ebay auction as this is a message board typically to talk about music or live shows or other pearl jam stuff. Their views on this can be more of a profit thread instead of an I have these items that i am going to be parting with type of thread.
    4. I for one can not afford to buy anything you have listed and don't have the money to make a reasonable offer. What is being done here is a person has some items that holds value for them, they put a price on that value and are letting go of it. It happens everyday. Between selling a car that's been in your family for 40 years to selling a business that has been in your family since it opened. Times change and sometimes you need to make sacrifices of letting go things you do truly love.
    5. From what I saw these items are from the 90's, this being said I would assume that when he first got these items, he had no intention of letting go of them. 14 years later he regrettably has to.
    6. Final point that I want to make is I am 22 years old, I am still young in the eyes of most people. I just started liking the band back in 2003. I would die to have been able to hold a peace of Pearl Jam history from back when they were jumping into crowds, getting hit with mics on the head, and causing problems. I get the mature pearl jam who puts on amazing shows, but I will always feel like I missed out on some amazing things that this band has done. You see everywhere on this board about posts for Philly boots, (I was at philly 3 and cant wait for the boot) I would also buy an item from this show if someone was selling something 15 years from now from that show. The reason i would love to buy it is because that show was one of the most memorable nights of my life. To me that item would be a constant reminder of that night.

Good luck with your auctions, I don't prowl ebay everyday looking for rare items, and if i had the money to do so I would most likely purchase one of these items just to have a peace of the band that I never got to experience personally. With your FYI it allowed me to see some of these things that I never saw before.

Rant over- How was that for a person who never posts on the board :D
    Post edited by TheFixer05 on
    edited December 2009
    TheFixer05 wrote:
    Ok so I must have no life at all but i just read through every single post that is in this thread. This is my views on this thread.
    1.a Reason behind me approving it is this. From the very first thread on to your very last thread all you have been doing is saying look I put up some rare items of Pearl Jam stuff on ebay, I have a price I am set with selling them for. If however, you would like to make me an offer that fits your budget then submit me and offer to see if we could come to an agreement.(I don't view this as pitting one fan against another, I view it as being a fan, and trying to help another fan out if they really want said item but can't afford it for what your asking for.)
    2. I don't approve of everyone bashing you for using ebay. Ok we get it the band hates ebay, they hate ticketmaster, and they hate people trying to turn stuff rip people off. I understand all that however selling something or buying something like this from Ebay is also like using a middle man for security reasons. Not saying this is whats happening but say he did come here and just posted hey I am selling this this and this, pm me and lets make this deal, this can lead to many problems, Identity theft for example if your making the deal and pass along sensitive information. In working through ebay, the buyer typically has a peace of mind knowing there information is safe and the transaction will go through. The seller has the peace of mind knowing that if they agree to sell this item to someone the transaction will more often than not go through and don't have to worry about someone backing out last minute.
    3. I can see where some people can say you shouldn't post your sales or link to your ebay auction as this is a message board typically to talk about music or live shows or other pearl jam stuff. Their views on this can be more of a profit thread instead of an I have these items that i am going to be parting with type of thread.
    4. I for one can not afford to buy anything you have listed and don't have the money to make a reasonable offer. What is being done here is a person has some items that holds value for them, they put a price on that value and are letting go of it. It happens everyday. Between selling a car that's been in your family for 40 years to selling a business that has been in your family since it opened. Times change and sometimes you need to make sacrifices of letting go things you do truly love.
    5. From what I saw these items are from the 90's, this being said I would assume that when he first got these items, he had no intention of letting go of them. 14 years later he regrettably has to.
    6. Final point that I want to make is I am 22 years old, I am still young in the eyes of most people. I just started liking the band back in 2003. I would die to have been able to hold a peace of Pearl Jam history from back when they were jumping into crowds, getting hit with mics on the head, and causing problems. I get the mature pearl jam who puts on amazing shows, but I will always feel like I missed out on some amazing things that this band has done. You see everywhere on this board about posts for Philly boots, (I was at philly 3 and cant wait for the boot) I would also buy an item from this show if someone was selling something 15 years from now from that show. The reason i would love to buy it is because that show was one of the most memorable nights of my life. To me that item would be a constant reminder of that night.

Good luck with your auctions, I don't prowl ebay everyday looking for rare items, and if i had the money to do so I would most likely purchase one of these items just to have a peace of the band that I never got to experience personally. With your FYI it allowed me to see some of these things that I never saw before.

Young man- thank you for taking the time to read through the whole thing and getting the point! :D WoW that must have taken you 2hrs or so..... but I am very glad that you broke it all down and viewed everyone's perspectives and came out with a conclusion..... I'm glad that you agree with me, but let me say that if you didn't, I would have still been happy because you had at least taken the time to break it all down...and then made an informed decision....whether in my favor or against..... It shows that you have a bright mind.... For that I stand and give you an applause........

Because I am a good guy and that just made me feel super good,,,,,,,,,,, I really thought no one would ever simply do what you did and just break it down like that,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm going to send you a little something to start /keep your PJ career going in the right direction...... This is how true fans treat each other .....with respect! .........I have always said that the best part of going to shows is meeting interesting people and sharing the many stories of the road.........You have much to learn, but the good thing is that you already have a focused mind...... GOOD FOR YOU!!!! pm me your address and I'm going to send you a little something --- Nothing crazy, but something any true fan would value!!!!
    Lastly I dedicate this song to you, because you spoke out and you weren't shy about it- a few people have pm'ed me similar messages, but most were to hesitant to actually post it on the board (i understand there reasons)- but you kind of stood up and weren't shy about it!! That's cool! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvKTDkLb_k
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • TheFixer05 wrote:

Fucking weird! That's how it is!

This dude bumps his thread by repeatedly answering the same questions every single time they are asked with lengthy, bullshit answers that are nearly always filled with misspelled words (that was what someone was giving him shit about) he then goes on to say he is not bumping his thread of ridiculously overpriced how-the-fuck-did-you-even-get-this-shit shit and then wishes us all the best...two words...

big_vaginal_douche_spray.jpg

brown-paper-bag.jpg
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    TheFixer05 wrote:

Fucking weird! That's how it is!

This dude bumps his thread by repeatedly answering the same questions every single time they are asked with lengthy, bullshit answers that are nearly always filled with misspelled words (that was what someone was giving him shit about) he then goes on to say he is not bumping his thread of ridiculously overpriced how-the-fuck-did-you-even-get-this-shit shit and then wishes us all the best...two words...

big_vaginal_douche_spray.jpg

brown-paper-bag.jpg

That was a pretty funny post--- I do apologize for the occasional misspelled word here and there --- Sorry, but I try to answer a post as quickly as possible, that way the person who posted the comment can get an answer.

Look for the millionth and one time ... I have already acknowledged that I didn't think anyone from the board would be buying any of my items..... I am not answering people because I am trying to get a bump.... if that was the case I would simply bump bump my listing.... with out taking the time to explain and address each comment. ...
    Most of the time I am repeating my answers because people are still making the same comments... If you simply take the time to go through the post you will see that I already addressed everything you just said.... Except for the misspelled comment..... Ultimately I want to be able to post something in the future and not have to deal with the simple minds.....and naturally bump my post like everyone else around here does! How could anyone think that if they post a new thread, every member is going to see it? That's why people bump..to get a little extra exposure..... In the case of this thread ....it has already been super exposed....I wouldn't need to address people's questions anymore if I was simply looking for a bump......

best,
    tonifig8
  • bump.
  • I heard eddie vedder is getting married.

Now, will somebody lock this post so it dies.
This discussion has been closed.