Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited December 2009
    shawndyer wrote:
    All the posting you've done about these items probably adds up to 2 days of work at a job.

I understand the point your trying to make, but that Sh't isn't cool - your making this personal when you don't even know me, nor my situation..... I am not asking anyone on here to buy my stuff -Let's make that clear for the f'ing 100th time! ...Let me explain this shit again..... I first offered my collection on ebay and then people like yourself were taking personal shots at me....so then I was asked to come here.... and I did.... after that I was encouraged to go back to ebay.....so I did.... my thread is simply an ""FYI""" ...... Now this whole discussion is suppose to be about the fact that I listed an "FYI" thread to my listings on ebay........ But it's clear you haven't read all the messages your just jumping in with no substance.... The only reason I stated that I was unemployed was because the guy with a bong in his picture asked....... What I do with my time or how I earn my money does not concern you..... I am not begging anyone on here to buy my stuff, nor am I desperate.... If i was desperate I would have accepted a $100 a long time ago!---
    I am only asking that you(generally spking) quit the F'ing bit@!ing and the personal attacks against my character ---
    Am i talking to f'ing 12 years old's here? Read the complete thread and then put in your position, your opinion, your informed comment..... but don't bring Sh't like that...... that's childish .... and it drowns out the purpose of the argument.....

Just cut the personal attacks and tell me why I am wrong..... with real thought.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
    CJMST3K wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:
    All the posting you've done about these items probably adds up to 2 days of work at a job.

hence, why he wants to get paid so much! :lol:

That's a chicken shit comment-- I'm not begging anyone to buy my stuff--- If I wanted to get paid I would have taken the many offers I have already been offered. This thread has been anything, but me looking for a sale on here......

It is disturbing that other members don't step in and denounce comments like this
    This has been a fare and balanced debate .... and now you want to ruin it with childish remarks..... that is a sign of ignorance.....
    really enough. Just let this thread go.

Dude I'll let it go when people look at my thread for what it is--- It's simply a heads up that I am selling some fine Pearl Jam collectibles.... that's it! but people want to come at me with personal attacks and question my values... my commitment... my freedom to post! That is BS! i don't give a crap what unwritten rule I am breaking! I am not flipping anything here! I probably have a higher seniority number then anyone posting shit against me!-- and yet you treat me as if I were some young buck trying to intrude on something that belongs to you! F' that! I am as much PJ as anyone here!

Now I'm getting sick of explaining shit over and over to a few elitist...when you could simply read the whole thread and then make an informed decision .... If anyone posting things against me is a minor - I apologize! Your simply acting your age and I completely understand that.....
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    tonifig8 wrote:

I probably have a higher seniority number then anyone posting shit against me!--

quote]

And you call us Elitists? WOW! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    tonifig8 wrote:

I probably have a higher seniority number then anyone posting shit against me!--

quote]

And you call us Elitists? WOW! ;-)

Dude - do you not have any real substance? I must be arguing with a child because your just not getting it. I don't know how else to talk to you.... I treated you with respect ... I asked for respect... I asked for substance...
    Why don't you quote some of the real context on this thread?

I came here because of people like you making comments that have no merit .... now I am here and all you can do is through out random shit, with out using your mind...... I wont respond to anymore of your comments theboxerorthebag if you don't get it by now.... you just wont ever....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    tonifig8 wrote:

I treated you with respect ... I asked for respect... I asked for substance...
    you wont ever get respect on here . honestly who gives a shit if you wanna make a buck. fuck da haters.

peace
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

you wont ever get respect on here . honestly who gives a shit if you wanna make a buck. fuck da haters.

peace
    I hate the fucking Mets, but I couldn't agree more, homey.... :D
  • metsfan wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

peace

Here's some more love from myself too. Your providing a service to those who wish to contact you for your awesome merchandise. That's all. Some people need to smoke more weed. Sorry had to say that, just got done reading that thread. ;)
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.

peace

Here's some more love from myself too. Your providing a service to those who wish to contact you for your awesome merchandise. That's all. Some people need to smoke more weed. Sorry had to say that, just got done reading that thread. ;)

I don't smoke weed, but I have seen a lot of stoner movies ...and i know a couple of stoners.. so I get your message... :D;)
    Thank You for taking the time to read the thread and just simply getting the underline point! It's much appreciated! and thanks for the weed advise....you never know when you might need it! ;)

tonifig8
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:

I understand the point your trying to make, but that Sh't isn't cool - your making this personal when you don't even know me, nor my situation..... I am not asking anyone on here to buy my stuff -Let's make that clear for the f'ing 100th time! ...Let me explain this shit again..... I first offered my collection on ebay and then people like yourself were taking personal shots at me....so then I was asked to come here.... and I did.... after that I was encouraged to go back to ebay.....so I did.... my thread is simply an ""FYI""" ...... Now this whole discussion is suppose to be about the fact that I listed an "FYI" thread to my listings on ebay........ But it's clear you haven't read all the messages your just jumping in with no substance.... The only reason I stated that I was unemployed was because the guy with a bong in his picture asked....... What I do with my time or how I earn my money does not concern you..... I am not begging anyone on here to buy my stuff, nor am I desperate.... If i was desperate I would have accepted a $100 a long time ago!---
    I am only asking that you(generally spking) quit the F'ing bit@!ing and the personal attacks against my character ---
    Am i talking to f'ing 12 years old's here? Read the complete thread and then put in your position, your opinion, your informed comment..... but don't bring Sh't like that...... that's childish .... and it drowns out the purpose of the argument.....

Just cut the personal attacks and tell me why I am wrong..... with real thought.

please watch the language ;)
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

peace
    fuck the phils hehe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

tonifig8 wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:

please watch the language ;)

I completely agree and it was so wrong of me to lose my cool-- but I guess I let those two guys get the best of me.... I still tried to refrain from spelling it out.... but I guess my ignorance got the best of me that time... thanks for the reminder...... but i'm 8-) now.... ;)
  • Suppose maybe just an ebay lesson for myself here cause I've never purchased anything from ebay but wouldn't a collector or someone looking for a band members signature simply do a search for said item?

I understand bringing it to the attention of people here but this seems like a lot of arguing about nothing really :lol:

I think if these items were indeed considered rare they would have been scooped up by now....no?

I've been looking for a Minneapolis 98 poster forever if you have one of them ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
    coachchris wrote:
    Suppose maybe just an ebay lesson for myself here cause I've never purchased anything from ebay but wouldn't a collector or someone looking for a band members signature simply do a search for said item?

I understand bringing it to the attention of people here but this seems like a lot of arguing about nothing really :lol:

I think if these items were indeed considered rare they would have been scooped up by now....no?

I've been looking for a Minneapolis 98 poster forever if you have one of them ;)

I'll keep you posted.. Maybe....But if you know me like most of the people around here claim to, well, it wont be cheap... ;)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    tonifig8 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:

hence, why he wants to get paid so much! :lol:

That's a chicken shit comment-- I'm not begging anyone to buy my stuff--- If I wanted to get paid I would have taken the many offers I have already been offered. This thread has been anything, but me looking for a sale on here......

It is disturbing that other members don't step in and denounce comments like this
    This has been a fare and balanced debate .... and now you want to ruin it with childish remarks..... that is a sign of ignorance.....

Hey hey hey... simma down now....

2800350.jpg

I didn't say you were begging anyone. I made a quick and simple joke, and you're reading into it. Calm down.

Some of the stuff you are selling are completely awesome. I think some people are more put off that you are using The Porch to attempt to profit, rather than them having a problem with you selling in particular.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • And of course, my 2 cents....perhaps if you simply put the items up on the 'bay without reserves or an opening bid amount of $5000 (and quit continuously bumping your thread for three solid days) people would back off you... :?

The autographed LP with all the spermies on it is SWEEEEET...but an opening bid of $5K....uh... ;)

If you are really ready to sell, then SELL it...see what it's true value is by putting it on the market because, quite frankly, even if your opening bid was $500, I doubt many would jump on it...

just sayin'...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    edited December 2009
    double post
    Post edited by pjtradeking on

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    tonifig8 wrote:

quote]

Dude - do you not have any real substance? I must be arguing with a child because your just not getting it. I don't know how else to talk to you.... I treated you with respect ... I asked for respect... I asked for substance...

I came here because of people like you making comments that have no merit .... now I am here and all you can do is through out random shit, with out using your mind...... I wont respond to anymore of your comments theboxerorthebag if you don't get it by now.... you just wont ever....

Was only quoting YOU my friend...It was your comment, not mine....and evidentally the wink wasnt enough to make you get the SARCASM...

What am I not getting? You didnt come here because of people like me making comments...I didnt start the thread... You came here to make $$ END OF STORY? What part of that dont I get? Now because me and another guy or two dont like they way you went about it, you are looking for approval from a bunch of strangers because you feel you have been wronged and have your feelings hurt? APPROVE OR DISAPROVE OF WHAT I AM DOING..I mean seriously bro, you are expecting me or anyone else to buy that?

Here is the jist of your thread...and no..I am not quoting

You: here are my auctions....make me an offer and I will take the best one if I feel its enough for my one of a kind crazy rare stuff.....

ME: Not the place for auctions, you suck because your pitting one FAN against another to make the most $$...You should just set a price so everyone is on the same playing field.

You... :o

You again...my feelings are hurt because some schmuck I have never met doesnt like the way I am doing things even though it is none of his business, now I must be VINDICATED!!

What am I not getting? As I said earlier and will say again....I was simply giving you my OPINION that I thought you handled it very poorly by coming here in the fashion you did...I am what ? One of 2 or 3 people here that seem to be bothered by it? Get over yourself, really, my opinion doesnt need to bother you that bad. I am flattered that it does, but now I am finding it quite comical that your panties are in the big of a twist over it and you just cant stand it...Shouldnt it be enough that the hundreds of pms from the others you have received thanking you for your items should over shadow any of my childish comments? What will it take for you too be ok so I can sleep tonight really? Seriously, this is the best thread in months...again...ONLY MY OPINION... ;-)

And of course, my 2 cents....perhaps if you simply put the items up on the 'bay without reserves or an opening bid amount of $5000 (and quit continuously bumping your thread for three solid days) people would back off you... :?

The autographed LP with all the spermies on it is SWEEEEET...but an opening bid of $5K....uh... ;)

If you are really ready to sell, then SELL it...see what it's true value is by putting it on the market because, quite frankly, even if your opening bid was $500, I doubt many would jump on it...

just sayin'...

Cool thanks-! two things to keep in mind I'm not the only one, nor the only person to have pumped there own thread(I have NOT bumped this one- yet ;) ) - Second if anyone around here wants, what i consider to be a bad ass piece, they will have to make a solid offer - I am not ready to sell it, and especially not at $500 - I put this piece amongst the best pieces of pearl jam memorabilia out there..... Not saying its the best, but it's ranked up there with the good stuff--- the stuff most PJ fans can only dream of owning... I know I dreamed of this beauty many times before.... Think about it...... :idea: .... if a regular poster signed by the band (with modern sigs) has sold for over 4,000 ... which in most cases aren't 1 of 1 signed posters..... then this beautiful specimen has to be worth that much! Not saying that, that is my bottom line price for it .... but its just an example... Thanks for the message/communication.
    P.S the opening bid is not 5,000 ,its the buy it now price (two very different things).

best,
    tonifig8
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    bump
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Jesus
    this thread is like the monster in the Alien movies
    it just wont die

somebody please call Sigourney Weaver ASAP to kill this beast.

your stuff is cool-no debate there

lets all move on and get back to complaining about the philly boots

please stop replying to this ebay ebay ebay ebay thread
    let it die
    please
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Let turn this thread into a happy thread, what about if we hijack this thread and we keep complaining about the Philly boots? ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    Get_Right wrote:
    Jesus
    this thread is like the monster in the Alien movies
    it just wont die

As dead as this place is, post-tour, It's a good read! :mrgreen:

energizer-bunny-page.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    tonifig8 wrote:

quote]

Was only quoting YOU my friend...It was your comment, not mine....and evidentally the wink wasnt enough to make you get the SARCASM...

What am I not getting? You didnt come here because of people like me making comments...I didnt start the thread... You came here to make $$ END OF STORY? What part of that dont I get? Now because me and another guy or two dont like they way you went about it, you are looking for approval from a bunch of strangers because you feel you have been wronged and have your feelings hurt? APPROVE OR DISAPROVE OF WHAT I AM DOING..I mean seriously bro, you are expecting me or anyone else to buy that?

Here is the jist of your thread...and no..I am not quoting

You: here are my auctions....make me an offer and I will take the best one if I feel its enough for my one of a kind crazy rare stuff.....

ME: Not the place for auctions, you suck because your pitting one FAN against another to make the most $$...You should just set a price so everyone is on the same playing field.

You... :o

You again...my feelings are hurt because some schmuck I have never met doesnt like the way I am doing things even though it is none of his business, now I must be VINDICATED!!

What am I not getting? As I said earlier and will say again....I was simply giving you my OPINION that I thought you handled it very poorly by coming here in the fashion you did...I am what ? One of 2 or 3 people here that seem to be bothered by it? Get over yourself, really, my opinion doesnt need to bother you that bad. I am flattered that it does, but now I am finding it quite comical that your panties are in the big of a twist over it and you just cant stand it...Shouldnt it be enough that the hundreds of pms from the others you have received thanking you for your items should over shadow any of my childish comments? What will it take for you too be ok so I can sleep tonight really? Seriously, this is the best thread in months...again...ONLY MY OPINION... ;-)

Ok- let me clear the air on this one, because now i see where your missing the info.....I'm going to address, piece by piece your comments.... When I referred to me coming here from ebay because people like you and others were talking some smack about me or my items..... I am referring to my original listing(ebay) that was posted back in Sept or Oct... that is the one that had pretty much all of my stuff...close to 200 posters, most of my signed items, every vinyl created, over 15 picks, over 30 shirts, over 30 cd's, promotional stuff, photos, box sets, other signed stuff, and a punch of other stuff... it was a monster listing...I think the biggest ever seen on ebay... I never advertised that listing on the board.... but people started talking smack about it and about me...not even knowing me....anyhow....I let that go then I listed only the signed items(ebay)...and that's when I was contacted to come here to split it up ..and trying selling it on the board...so then I did that...... then i was told i should just go back to ebay and list things one by one.... so I did that...which is when I created this thread as an FYI ...... I hope that clears up your comment about me creating the original thread..... I never created one until now..... the other thread was a direct sale on the board - nothing to do with ebay....

ok...let's see... The only reason I get bother or butt hurt is because your(generally speaking) attacking me, my prices, my integrity, my rights as a member, my pj life...etc..etc... Now I never originally got hot about anything... because I always answered your comments with substance and I directly answered specific comments....For example you suggested that I put up a price on the board and let members send me offers ...... now that is the exact same thing I am doing on ebay.... I don't want to quote you exactly, but you said something along the lines of letting people pm me and negotiate behind the scenes...... which is the same thing as ebay..... Having member compete against each other for an item... is not big deal... when the band auctions something off ....people compete against each other...even though its for charity ...they still compete because they want the unique item...if it was only about the charity you can make a contribution directly.. you don't need the motivation of a particular item... You do it because it two good causes.... but your still biding against each other..... moving on from that topic...I think that is clear and done.....
    The reason I asked people to vote on it...... was simply to end the thread...if people disapproved completely disapproved against my listing then I would have walked already .....and not posted this style of thread again... That seemed fair to me and to all those who are angry about this thread --whether in fav or against...... It's a democracy we live in....and that is exactly what I was purposing....
    I have explained all of those positions already..in past post... with in this thread.... Just read all the post and you will see that I am simply repeating myself here.....

What I want.... is just to be able to do, what I want to do! With out people attacking me....if you want to question what I am doing, or give your opinion that is cool, but when I respond with some substance to your comment - I would expect you to address me with the same respect.... If I am wrong I will admit it and apologize or move on.... But if I feel i am right I will fight till I am proven wrong.... and as of right now ..no one has really given me any reason to believe what I am doing is wrong..... I have an open mind and will accept the out come of this....
    Now i didn't come here all high and mighty .... I came here and dropped an "FYI" about some cool listings... out there ... Of course if something sells I will make some $$ .... Let me admit to everyone here ...... I want to make money off of my listings ... I don't want to give anything away.....sorry.... I have been very charitable in the past ....but with these I cannot...... (put it in bold so that its clear)
    Yes I have received plenty of offers or thank you's from people and that alone is cool with me... I think the best thing of all is that someone actually found a new song that they had never heard ...... and fell in love with that song! because of my thread... at the end of the day those thank you's and happy feelings wont pay my bills.....so I am still trying to sell my stuff.....

let me know if you want me to clear anything else up...... be specific.... I appreciate your comments...

best,

tonifig8
  • I like noodles.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    dude, nice items. sigs look legit and all, but those prices are a little steep imho. good luck with the sale...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • 6a00d8341bfc9b53ef0115713faf49970c-pi
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    Most of these come from a time when Ed was a pretty angry guy.

Anger and net worth, interesting.

Guess I can take the toaster out of the bathroom now.
    fuck the public
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    Can't wait for the Mods to get back so they can lock this POS thread.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    did anyone else hear that Eddie got engaged? 8-)
This discussion has been closed.