Posted some of my signed Pearl Jam items on ebay-Just an FYI

Comments

• This thread was finally sinking and of course you had to post to get it back up to the top. Why don't you admit you are bumping your sale rather than your long justifications for what you are doing?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    This thread was finally sinking and of course you had to post to get it back up to the top. Why don't you admit you are bumping your sale rather than your long justifications for what you are doing?

This is a new thread- You need to get the facts straight- I haven't bumped this thread. And just like I said within my last thread I pumped it accordingly. Read it all the way through and then make your comments. I have justified my position through out this thread- If you simply do an analysis of this thread we could end it already....
    thank you
  • I don't care if this thread is new or old, you are still trying to sell your items and can't stand when your thread slips, just admit that.
    I don't care if this thread is new or old, you are still trying to sell your items and can't stand when your thread slips, just admit that.

That makes no sense- I already posted that I didn't think anyone on here would buy my items- It is as clear as day how I feel about this thread. You really need to go through the complete thread to understand my position and whole debate that is taking place here.....Why would it burn me up inside? I am selling quality items here... I'm not trying to make a quick buck--- there is a big difference there.....So it doesn't really matter if the thread slips or not (based on my sales at least), it matters based on this debate....Hope I was able to clear that up....
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I don't care if this thread is new or old, you are still trying to sell your items and can't stand when your thread slips, just admit that.

That makes no sense- I already posted that I didn't think anyone on here would buy my items- It is as clear as day how I feel about this thread. You really need to go through the complete thread to understand my position and whole debate that is taking place here.....Why would it burn me up inside? I am selling quality items here... I'm not trying to make a quick buck--- there is a big difference there.....So it doesn't really matter if the thread slips or not (based on my sales at least), it matters based on this debate....Hope I was able to clear that up....

You are really just jumping the GUN- If you really care about this debate you would take the time to go through the complete thread and read what is taking place here. It might be a little ugly at first, but then its gets down to the substance...... then leave your position.... That seems fair to me and to all of those interested in this....

thank you,
    tonifig8
  • tonifig8 wrote:
    Let me give you an example, You are a collector of CD's, right? you collect certain CD's that have certain serial numbers...am i right or wrong? What is the difference? it has the same music. As you would say, "Who gives a S..T! F..! Seriously! Ten album is the same as another ten album made during the same period. That is the argument your giving me.....In all honesty I find it interesting that your collecting those types of items- When I sow your post a few weeks back I even went as far as to check my collection of CD's, now I am glad I never dealt with a person like you.

I couldn't care less about CD serial numbers. I collect bootlegs/shows. So, you're wrong.

And while we're talking about judging, you have NO IDEA what type of person i am.

And believe me, the pleasure's all mine.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Let me give you an example, You are a collector of CD's, right? you collect certain CD's that have certain serial numbers...am i right or wrong? What is the difference? it has the same music. As you would say, "Who gives a S..T! F..! Seriously! Ten album is the same as another ten album made during the same period. That is the argument your giving me.....In all honesty I find it interesting that your collecting those types of items- When I sow your post a few weeks back I even went as far as to check my collection of CD's, now I am glad I never dealt with a person like you.

I couldn't care less about CD serial numbers. I collect bootlegs/shows. So, you're wrong.

And while we're talking about judging, you have NO IDEA what type of person i am.

And believe me, the pleasure's all mine.

Look man keep this on the subject- I am not judging you - I am commenting on your comments. And giving you an example of collectors who collect signatures and collectors who collect CD's, it's simple, it's substance.. For the record I don't care what kind of Person you are, I'm just glad I didn't complete a transaction with a talking head, that''s all.

Please, just keep to the underline subject of my thread-
  • We don't take kindly to your kind around here.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
    We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

Who is we? and what "kind" am I?
    I've been a Pearl Jam fan since I was 11 years old- went to my first show at 15 (95)and have been a devoted supporter since.... ...
    Please explain yourself.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    do people really collect certain serial numbers of CDs? I have never heard of that.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    do people really collect certain serial numbers of CDs? I have never heard of that.

I remember reading a thread about it..... Something about looking for certain digits on certain disc's....
    I guess it's kind of like collecting old currency -- Collector's love the early prints or rare number sequences....

What's your take on the thread??
  • MayDay10 wrote:

what i find even more amusing is that someone would buy an autograph when they didn't even get it themselves in person

i know this dude whos wife buys him these autographed albums on ebay and the dude hangs them on his wall only to tell people "oh my wife bought that for me from ebay". its a weird concept

to each his own i suppose

people are weird
    MayDay10 wrote:

what i find even more amusing is that someone would buy an autograph when they didn't even get it themselves in person

i know this dude whos wife buys him these autographed albums on ebay and the dude hangs them on his wall only to tell people "oh my wife bought that for me from ebay". its a weird concept

to each his own i suppose

people are weird

I suppose you could look at like that - I guess, generally speaking, you could find anything people collect to be weird... I mean some people are die hard collectors of Pez dispensers --- and they spend $1,000 on them- Collecting is for odd people I guess.

I personally collect most PJ items, but I do collect presidential signatures. I'v met Obama 3 times already and was able to get a few signatures on two of those occasions. I also have Carter, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Kennedy, L.B. Johnson, Bush Senior, G.W. Bush, and two or three politicians. I spent a pretty penny on these and they make amazing conversation pieces..... But those are the only autos I actually collect. I want to continue building that and hopefully one day get my hands on a Lincoln auto......
    Do you agree with the thread?
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    To me, asking people to agree or disagree with your thread is just a clever way to have them bump it up on the board.

I know that I just bumped it by posting this comment but I wanted to try prevent a bunch of people adding on.

Hopefully, you will sell all of your items for a fair price (for you and the buyer) and then this thread will just slowly fade away.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    To me, asking people to agree or disagree with your thread is just a clever way to have them bump it up on the board.

I know that I just bumped it by posting this comment but I wanted to try prevent a bunch of people adding on.

Hopefully, you will sell all of your items for a fair price (for you and the buyer) and then this thread will just slowly fade away.

I appreciate your honesty - It's not about self promoting and I guess that's what people aren't understanding...... This is about people attacking me because I posted something on here that is tied to ebay-- Some people are treating me like a flipper or like a business guy trying to make a buck....... Some people are even attacking my values, as if they know me or something....... That's just not cool with me.....It seems like there are some elitist out here and I want to clash with those guys...... I have put in my time and I have every right to voice my position. ... .. .. Especially when it's a legit position...... I see some guy's that just got into PJ trying to talk down to me....as if I was there kid or something..... not going to fly....especially when there is no rationale behind the comments.....
    thank you,
    tonifig8
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    DISAPPROVAL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    tonifig8 wrote:

No hard feelings just want to get an idea if what I am saying/ doing is right or wrong-- Lets get a consensus from the Pit........Numbers still might not turn out accurate, but at least we'll get a bigger pictures....

APPROVAL - if you agree with my comments

DISAPPROVAL
    - if you do not agree with my comments

DISAPPROVAL...... but more for your UCLA fandom than anything else. :eh:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'v met Obama 3 times already and was able to get a few signatures on two of those occasions.

If you don't mind me asking...... what is it you do for a living to have access to Presidents and rock stars? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited December 2009
    imalive wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

No hard feelings just want to get an idea if what I am saying/ doing is right or wrong-- Lets get a consensus from the Pit........Numbers still might not turn out accurate, but at least we'll get a bigger pictures....

APPROVAL - if you agree with my comments

DISAPPROVAL
    - if you do not agree with my comments

DISAPPROVAL...... but more for your UCLA fandom than anything else. :eh:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    I'v met Obama 3 times already and was able to get a few signatures on two of those occasions.

If you don't mind me asking...... what is it you do for a living to have access to Presidents and rock stars? :shock:

I don't mind you asking.... I don't have access to any rock stars that's for sure.....Nor do I care ...with the exception of PJ....... I met Ed before his solo tour when he was exiting his tour bus.....and the other times were pretty similar......
    The President of the US ---- now that was a mission.... one time I camped out for about 4 days and 3 nights on the side walk to get into one of his town hall meetings....and to make sure I was the first in line I really never left the location....That's when he was President......The other times he was a candidate....... I manage to get pass security at some fund raisers.....another crazy mission....
    As far as my presidential signatures ....well those I have collected through the years.... I bought all of them...But those are the only types of signatures I will buy....
    What I do for a living......well.... I'm part of the 10% who was recently laid off........
    Thanks for keeping it simple with the post ...... To bad you don't like the bruins..... I was starting to think you were a cool guy.... but forget it now! lol .... ;)
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    DISAPPROVAL :sick:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    To bad you don't like the bruins..... I was starting to think you were a cool guy.... but forget it now! lol .... ;)

My neighbor (SC fan) told me what UCLA really stands for....University of Complete....... oh, never mind. :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:
    To bad you don't like the bruins..... I was starting to think you were a cool guy.... but forget it now! lol .... ;)

My neighbor (SC fan) told me what UCLA really stands for....University of Complete....... oh, never mind. :lol::lol::lol:

He didn't tell you what USC stands for ? University of .....well never mind, but to give you an idea ..it looks kind of like what you are doing in your picture..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Just a joke..... hope you don't mind..... :D
    tonifig8 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

He didn't tell you what USC stands for ? University of .....well never mind, but to give you an idea ..it looks kind of like what you are doing in your picture..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    University of Stoned C*********s? Just a guess...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    [/quote]
    University of Stoned C*********s? Just a guess...
    [/quote][/quote]

Pretty close....lol...
  • I don't really have a problem with people selling stuff on the boards but your asking prices are hilarious. $600-$800 for a signed photo LOL Oh look...it has a doodle on it! OMG Yay for doodles! I know it says you are taking offers but are you really serious with the $800 crap? :lol:
    I don't really have a problem with people selling stuff on the boards but your asking prices are hilarious. $600-$800 for a signed photo LOL Oh look...it has a doodle on it! OMG Yay for doodles! I know it says you are taking offers but are you really serious with the $800 crap? :lol:

Look man - you said it yourself - It has a buy it now option- Do I think these pieces are worth the buy it now prices?? Heck Yeah! can you buy one of my items for something less then the buy it now price- YES! But look at this signed item and tell me that my vintage eddie isn't worth more then this?
    The doodle signifies a place, a moment, a thought, it captures all of that and sets it in stone.. ... now tell me is my Chicago Eddie worth the same or more then this modern eddie signature? Look at it in terms of collecting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0490914210
  • cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 238
    Mildly disapprove of pimping ebay auctions, but approve of the fact that this thread has provided a lot of entertainment while I sit in the office waiting on something before I can go home.

And you are welcome for bumping your thread.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimore; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY; 23-St Paul1&2, Chicago1; 24-Chicago2, NY1, Baltimore
    Why is the reenk roink worth $2,000? When its just a copy of ten and you could simply buy a copy of reenk roink for $10..... collectors who appreciate these rare items.....will spend the money ... Just like I have and just like the many before and after me......I don't expect everyone to understand it.... but that's what some of us love to do!
    The point of this whole argument/debate is that some people are pissed off because I posted an FYI to my ebay auctions....If I was selling a reenk roink I am sure some people on here would want a heads up ..... not everyone spends there days on ebay looking for the next rare pj item.....
    cbbjr wrote:
    Mildly disapprove of pimping ebay auctions, but approve of the fact that this thread has provided a lot of entertainment while I sit in the office waiting on something before I can go home.

And you are welcome for bumping your thread.

Glad it has entertained you .... But for the record I am not pimping my auctions..... lol.... I've never used the board for selling my stuff before.... Because these are unique items - I thought the board would appreciate a heads up on a nice auction taking place....
    No need for the bumping .... Thanks though....
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Ok, now I'm sitting on the fence here. Why I don't agree with the O.P, I have skimmed through the thread, and perhaps, just perhaps we could lay off him. I wouldn't of done what he has, but in reading some of his posts he has said that he has been laid off due to the G.F.C. He has said that he regrets having to sell the items, but if he struggling and trying to make a buck, and this is what he is doing to solve his financial problems, so be it. Who knows his situation he might be trying to put food on the table or pay the electricity bill or he could just be a dick trying to sell things at a really high price just to make a profit and laugh all the way to the bank.

I like the stuff, but dude, I don't know who would buy something for $600 or what ever it was. But good luck and maybe in the future (and I'm sure you will cause you've seen the reaction) think twice about posting this sort of thing here.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Ok, now I'm sitting on the fence here. Why I don't agree with the O.P, I have skimmed through the thread, and perhaps, just perhaps we could lay off him. I wouldn't of done what he has, but in reading some of his posts he has said that he has been laid off due to the G.F.C. He has said that he regrets having to sell the items, but if he struggling and trying to make a buck, and this is what he is doing to solve his financial problems, so be it. Who knows his situation he might be trying to put food on the table or pay the electricity bill or he could just be a dick trying to sell things at a really high price just to make a profit and laugh all the way to the bank.

I like the stuff, but dude, I don't know who would buy something for $600 or what ever it was. But good luck and maybe in the future (and I'm sure you will cause you've seen the reaction) think twice about posting this sort of thing here.

Thanks for the post man..... I appreciate your honesty -- But I am not looking for sympathy... and your right I could be lying.... it would be immoral as hell and a huge waste of time! But I am defending my 15+ years of being a fan now..... against the elitist.... I am sure the people talk Sh" here don't even care for signatures.... they are just pissed because I cam to there fan club...to there board and broke an unwritten rule! Treating me like I'm trying to flip some poster or something..... Heck I have flipped shit, but i never felt that this was the place for it.....besides i know how people complain around here.... that's why most of the old school fans never even hit the board..... But I wont let those elitist bring me down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9bJlr-FNcw&feature=PlayList&p=61BA9631FAC04EFB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41
This discussion has been closed.