Options

2010 Olympics: Men's Hockey

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited February 2010
    I missed most of the game...but from what I saw...seriously, how many bloody times did Canada lose races for loose pucks in the third? Or get knocked off it along the boards?.....Hiller does deserve credit, and the Swiss played well. But that was not a great effort at all.

Not a great effort, but I think this coaching staff will use that effort to their advantage.

lukin2006 wrote:
    http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/blogs/timwharnsby/2010/02/bettman-fasel-duel-over-olympics.html

Bettman non committal about the NHL participating in 2014. I like the NHL there as a fan, I don't know why the NHL and the players can't work something out thats permanent, like start the season earlier in Olympic years, alter the schedule, reduce games played in Olympic years. I'm sure something can be worked out to satisfy all concerned.
    He's been throwing this around for a while - most peole think it's posturing for the new collective bargaining agreement...Something he can 'compromise' on in order to make it look like the league is being flexible. (might be in that article, didn't click).

Yes he did mention the CBA, he also has a good point about the NHL be a business and some teams may send 12 players to the olympics while some only send 2 players and that could be a disadvantage to the team that sends more. That why I think if the players want to continue they'll have to step and agree to less games and less $$$ in olympic years. The games in 2014 is not a 4 hour or less flight like Vancouver. But we'll see, I don't think it's a given that the NHL participates.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    they follow the nhl rules for some things but not for others?

icing , shootout rules ..

what else?
    Other than the point system, I have no idea.
  • Options

what else?

blows to the head are taken more seriously in international hockey. I do find it hard to believe that the NHL, IOC and IHF don't co operate more and try to get the rules in sync.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    WOW

i never seen 10 million people sweat sooo much :mrgreen:

dont choke canada
    I think Canada is in trouble against the US on Sunday.

I don't think I'd go that far, Germany used to play us well to, I think the game with US will be a good game though.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    WOW

dont choke canada

I don't think I'd go that far, Germany used to play us well to, I think the game with US will be a good game though.
    It's hard to say one way or the other. I don't think we've played as hard as we could and should yet, that's all.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:

what else?
    Other than the point system, I have no idea.

love the point system. been hoping the NHL would adopt for years.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    WOW

dont choke canada

rygar has been mr .negative for 100 years :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

17 years.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

17 years.

the 93 run eh? :mrgreen:

big john leclair
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

17 years.

the 93 run eh? :mrgreen:

big john leclair
    :cry:
    STC1993.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Canada got outworked by a better TEAM last nite ... the Swiss played a great team game with great goaltending and could have easily won the game ...

there seems to be a hunger issue especially the veterans ... hopefully, this was a wake up call ... the bigs are all trying to play like gretzky instead of crashing the net ...

i'm surprised babcock was quick to let brodeur play against the US ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    there seems to be a hunger issue especially the veterans ... hopefully, this was a wake up call ... the bigs are all trying to play like gretzky instead of crashing the net ...

i thought brodeur looked bored lastnight to be honest. i think you have to start luongo going forward.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

i thought brodeur looked bored lastnight to be honest. i think you have to start luongo going forward.

fat head was bored :lol:
  • Options
    Pff, can't blame him for ignoring an Avery handshake ;)
  • Options

i think it comes down to stickwork ... brodeur is excellent handling the puck .. but then again it's luongo's home ice - you would think he knows all the boards and stuff ...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

punk move

especially from a guy who dives waaaay more than avery :o
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

punk move

No one dives more than Avery.
    That guy is the douchiest douche in the NHL, bar none.
    douche-turd.jpg
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

punk move

No one dives more than Avery.
    That guy is the douchiest douche in the NHL, bar none.
    douche-turd.jpg

alright lets get back on topic because this can go on all day :mrgreen:

p.s. he did look like sakic on that penalty shot :lol:
  • Options

Halak stuns the Russians! Who saw that coming? (besides me, I mean)

ran1.jpg
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    metsfan wrote:
    i didn't even watch it. did anyone catch the post game show of the usa/swiss game. milbury and roenick were going at it big time. talk bout not liking each other.

good call!!! i posted this in another thread...they seemed to be a bit calmer last night, but yes i fully expected roenick to lose his shit and pummel millbury the other day.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

that's a brutal group to be in ... hardly seems fair considering russia is considered the #1 seed ...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Can't wait for this USA-Canada matchup on Sunday. After the way Canada played against the Swiss yesterday, they should come out firing. But the USA has looked pretty good so far as well. Hoping for a good matchup. USA! USA!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

ran1.jpg

looks like gaborik is sliding that puck through his 5-hole there. find a picture where he is making a save ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

ran1.jpg

looks like gaborik is sliding that puck through his 5-hole there. find a picture where he is making a save ;)
    Lol, nice try, pad save
  • Options
    Saw Babcock's press conference, he's not pushing the panic button. We struggled early on in Salt Lake City, I just think some people need a reality check, this isn't ladies hockey, there are more than 2 teams capable of winning it all. The Swiss have been getting stronger as hockey nation, they are ranked 7th in the world. I'm sure the Russian fans are a little disappointed figuring they should have handled Slovakia easily.

• Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'm sure the Russian fans are a little disappointed figuring they should have handled Slovakia easily.

yep, you're right about "little disappointed", but who said that Slovakia is a weak team? they're better than Swiss for sure.. ok, our teams both faced problems in the early stage, interesting what would be next..
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'm sure the Russian fans are a little disappointed figuring they should have handled Slovakia easily.

yep, you're right about "little disappointed", but who said that Slovakia is a weak team? they're better than Swiss for sure.. ok, our teams both faced problems in the early stage, interesting what would be next..
    Lukin didn't say Slovakia was a weak team, and the Swiss aren't too bad.
  • Options
    im ready for sunday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U S A :mrgreen:
  • Options

Should be two great games on Sunday... Russia is playing the Czech Republic, who beat Slovakia earlier.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

Should be two great games on Sunday... Russia is playing the Czech Republic, who beat Slovakia earlier.

the only bad thing is that its sunday

too bad its not tommorrow