Options

2010 Olympics: Men's Hockey

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Then and now, Burke thought the criticism was completely unfair, and addressed it a day after Drury scored a big goal in the 5-3 upset over Canada, his second in as many games.
    :roll: gawd Burke's a douche.....wait until he scores a big goal to address that criticism...way to stick your neck out for your guy, Brian. :roll:
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    problems 1 minute in

goal should count
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    and it does :o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    ot!!! pretty exciting way to start the day
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Switzerland and Belarus heading into overtime.

Any added minutes and stress helps the US for tomorrow ... keep playing boys.

(only a 10 minute OT, then the shootout)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Team USA meets Switzerland Wednesday at noon PST.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Then and now, Burke thought the criticism was completely unfair, and addressed it a day after Drury scored a big goal in the 5-3 upset over Canada, his second in as many games.
    :roll: gawd Burke's a douche.....wait until he scores a big goal to address that criticism...way to stick your neck out for your guy, Brian. :roll:
    I hope Burke and Wilson are enjoying themselves because next week they return to reality, that isw the toronto maple leafs. I highly doubt he'll turn them into a winner, he has to draft and scout players there, but of course he showed his brilliance by trading away the their first round picks for the next 2 years for a 65 point man named Kessel.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    COME ON CANADA!!!

LUONGO!!
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    COME ON CANADA!!!

LUONGO!!

You said it STB.
    Now the tourney starts.
    Watch out for that Swiss team U.S. Anything can happen.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I hope Burke and Wilson are enjoying themselves because next week they return to reality, that isw the toronto maple leafs. I highly doubt he'll turn them into a winner, he has to draft and scout players there, but of course he showed his brilliance by trading away the their first round picks for the next 2 years for a 65 point man named Kessel.
    I seriously really, really loved the bolded part. I was expecting you to be playing up a rematch, not the Laffs. That was fucking great :lol: No, he won't turn them into a winner. We're talking about the Leafs...nuff said.
    oh wait, shit! I'm an Oilers fan.
    Maybe Burke and Lowe should drop the gloves at centre ice - once in each barn - as payback to season ticket holders for another season of misery in both cities.

And YES...wouldn't it be sweet if the Swiss shut all these yanks the fuck up? ;)
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    b]I hope Burke and Wilson are enjoying themselves because next week they return to reality, that isw the toronto maple leafs. [/b]I highly doubt he'll turn them into a winner, he has to draft and scout players there, but of course he showed his brilliance by trading away the their first round picks for the next 2 years for a 65 point man named Kessel.
    I seriously really, really loved the bolded part. I was expecting you to be playing up a rematch, not the Laffs. That was fucking great :lol: No, he won't turn them into a winner. We're talking about the Leafs...nuff said.
    oh wait, shit! I'm an Oilers fan.
    Maybe Burke and Lowe should drop the gloves at centre ice - once in each barn - as payback to season ticket holders for another season of misery in both cities.

And YES...wouldn't it be sweet if the Swiss shut all these yanks the fuck up? ;)[/quote]

You know what the sad part is that won't do it, nothing will. I have heard from so many Yanks about us choking, blah, blah, blah because it's supposedly our, yet I have never heard a member of team canada say it our game, to the contrary Stevie Y today basically said it's not easy and it's a deep competitive field. He's right it is, the team that could be the most dangerous is Sweden. In no way have we choked and hopefully they got something going with this win over Germany. 1 positive going into tomorrows game Ovechkin brings out the best in Sid.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

You know what the sad part is that won't do it, nothing will. I have heard from so many Yanks about us choking, blah, blah, blah because it's supposedly our, yet I have never heard a member of team canada say it our game, to the contrary Stevie Y today basically said it's not easy and it's a deep competitive field. He's right it is, the team that could be the most dangerous is Sweden. In no way have we choked and hopefully they got something going with this win over Germany. 1 positive going into tomorrows game Ovechkin brings out the best in Sid.
    And vice versa....but we know who won the last big meeting...
    Gotta admit...the crowd chanting 'we want Russia' kinda made me a bit nervous. I don't want Russia to have any more motivation. Tomorrow night is going to be SO INTENSE. Can't wait.

And ya....I won't trash talk too much about what happens on the ice for exactly that reason...picking favourites in these tournaments is pointless.
    However...I agree that many of the americans players are void of class in comparison to our boys (actually, can you think of a more squeaky-clean bunch of pro athletes than canuck hockey players? it's almost sickening)...
    I will never forget Roenick laughing and making jokes after a bunch of them got drunk and started wrecking shit in the oly village, and ended up hurting and ending the games for another olympian in Nagano.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    True. The media made it their mission to paint Canada as unbeatable which is obviously far from the truth.
    Karma friends, karma.
  • Options
    fucking orpik making some dreadul giveaways in the defensive zone,
    is this a regularity with this fucking guy ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    fucking orpik making some dreadul giveaways in the defensive zone,
    is this a regularity with this fucking guy ?

No, I thought that maybe him and Whitney switched jerseys for a minute there. Orpik doesn't have great hands, but he usually makes the safe play.

This game has some action.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    How many fucking times does Hiller take his mask off? I've seen his face more than all of the other goalies in the Olympics combined.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    This game has some action.

bigtime!

0-0 after 1,

hiller made some awesome stops

this aint gonna be easy.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    How many fucking times does Hiller take his mask off? I've seen his face more than all of the other goalies in the Olympics combined.

The way he's playing, he deserves to have his mug shown ... been pretty fantastic so far.

0 - 0 after one period.

Hoping the older Swiss legs, who played an OT game yesterday, get really tired as this game goes on.

the longer it stays this close, the more likely an upset can happen.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    where the hell did al michaels come from?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ryan callahan is a fine tuned shot blocking machine.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ugly powerplay.

US needs to put one behind Hiller. please.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    That was a beautiful check at the blue line right there.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    GOAL???
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    GOAL???

???

• Options
    nope!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    nope!

shit! :(
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Wow! That was so close to being a goal. Thank god for streaming at work.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    hiller puts one in his own net but they pull it back,

this guy is tough .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    So, that no goal by a tenth of a second ... a clanker off the post in the 1st period ... and at least 2 that have trickled to the outside of the net.

:? :| :oops: :x :(

Again, the longer this goes, the better chance the Swiss have.

• Options
    Go Switzerland :lol: