Options

2010 Olympics: Men's Hockey

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    It has nothing to do with Bettman you tools, the NHLPA and the owners need to agree on it in a joint decision in the next CBA

i know that it is now just bettman who makes these decision. i just don't like Bettman and believe that he is killing the NHL. I just find it funny that Bettman talks about how there are teams that can't afford to stop the season for 1 and a half weeks but instead of bring more teams to Canada and other american teams who will create money for the NHL he fights for teams and cities who have no business in the NHL.

to the owners i say this. you are supporting how many teams for many season but you can't afford to stop play for 2 weeks. that makes sense
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:
    It has nothing to do with Bettman you tools, the NHLPA and the owners need to agree on it in a joint decision in the next CBA

i know that it is now just bettman who makes these decision. i just don't like Bettman and believe that he is killing the NHL. I just find it funny that Bettman talks about how there are teams that can't afford to stop the season for 1 and a half weeks but instead of bring more teams to Canada and other american teams who will create money for the NHL he fights for teams and cities who have no business in the NHL.

to the owners i say this. you are supporting how many teams for many season but you can't afford to stop play for 2 weeks. that makes sense

I don't like Bettman either, and the last 2 weeks provided great hockey. It's too bad that the NHL, the players and the IIHF could not come with a tournament thats played every four years in which the schedule meant all the teams played each other, then a playoff round.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:

On a side note, I believe they'll be in Sochi 2014, that will be for the players. The owners and the NHL will gain very little 2014, the games will be played in the mornings here.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    It will based on the next 2 Olympics, so it will be sochi and annacy/munich/s korea involved in the CBA
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Some players have stated they're going regardless of what the NHL thinks.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Pretty funny. I hope those guys are not aspiring actors though . . . although Getzlaf may have a shot at being a spokesman for Hair Club for Men someday.