Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Just ordered the repress of Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice.  Should roll through sometime around Halloween.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    toolie said:
    This is my weekend score. Been a while since I’ve seen so much good old vinyl for sale. 

Congrats!  A ton of great music there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    After a lengthy wait, this gem showed up yesterday.  Chris Cacavas and Junk Yard Love.   Cacavas has been a member of Green on Red and The Dream Syndicate, among others, and has a number of solo efforts.  He has a great voice and writes good, solid songs- one of those lesser known artist who deserve a wider recognition.  This is a fine album!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    mrussel1 said:
    toolie said:
    cutz said:
    toolie said:
    This is my weekend score. Been a while since I’ve seen so much good old vinyl for sale. 

Nice !

This is how old I am: I got 7 of those albums in the late 70's/early 80's.
    Haha that’s awesome. The lady I got them from was pretty cool. Told me her first ever concert was CSNY in the early 70’s. I told her I drove 8 hours last summer to see David Crosby in Montana and she was tickled pink. She pulled out some of these gems once she knew they would be appreciated :)
    Nice early version of Beggars.  Also, original LA Woman is amazing sounding. Good score overall.
    Thanks, LA Woman does sound great but the one that really surprised me was Decade. Holy cow some of those songs sound like you're right in the room. I wasn't sure I needed a NY greatest hits but I'm sure glad I grabbed it.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    toolie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    toolie said:
    cutz said:
    toolie said:

Nice !

This is how old I am: I got 7 of those albums in the late 70's/early 80's.
    Haha that’s awesome. The lady I got them from was pretty cool. Told me her first ever concert was CSNY in the early 70’s. I told her I drove 8 hours last summer to see David Crosby in Montana and she was tickled pink. She pulled out some of these gems once she knew they would be appreciated :)
    Nice early version of Beggars.  Also, original LA Woman is amazing sounding. Good score overall.
    Thanks, LA Woman does sound great but the one that really surprised me was Decade. Holy cow some of those songs sound like you're right in the room. I wasn't sure I needed a NY greatest hits but I'm sure glad I grabbed it.
    It is very good...I also have an original.  However the remaster from analog a few years ago is better.  If you ever see it for a good price,  definitely worth having.  It's an upgrade. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    dankind said:
    Mike Portnoy has been posting some nerd out YouTube videos in which he goes through his vinyl collection that some visitors to this particular thread might find interesting/amusing/entertaining.

Alphabetically, I think he's through O.

Here's the first episode:

https://youtu.be/z_TzPtW2DA0
    All over the place.  Love that he digs Beck!
  • Options
    Goit my reissue of POTUSOA from someone...Hmmmm?

TY!
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655

TY!
    You're welcome. Hope you're sharing the lumpy peaches with some naked and famous kitties who ride dune buggies. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:

TY!
    You're welcome. Hope you're sharing the lumpy peaches with some naked and famous kitties who ride dune buggies. 
    I'm spending 20's between the sheets!
  • Options
    Holy smokes!  I feel like I won the lottery today.  Three months worth of orders showed up today- one mailed as far back as June 16th! 

Bitches Brew Vinyl LP Album Reissue album coverMonks Dream Vinyl LP Album Limited Edition Numbered Reissue Remastered Stereo album coverGiants Of The Tenor Sax Vinyl LP Compilation Mono album coverLondon Calling Vinyl LP Album Reissue Remastered album coverOFF Vinyl LP 45 RPM Album album cover

• Options
    I love Monk's Dream
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I love Monk's Dream
    Tomorrow- my first listen!  I can't wait!  Much love for Monk!

Tonight my head is still buzzing from Bitches Brew.  Finally a pressing I can totally loose myself in those Wayne Shorter solos.  "Spanish Fly" is mind seduction.   And Bernie Maupin, that snake charmer.  Oh man!

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I love Monk's Dream

Tonight my head is still buzzing from Bitches Brew.  Finally a pressing I can totally loose myself in those Wayne Shorter solos.  "Spanish Fly" is mind seduction.   And Bernie Maupin, that snake charmer.  Oh man!

Our friends across the pond got this fancy 50th anniversary pressing courtesy of Rough Trade. 

So pretty. 

I think this version is identical sonically to the black US 50th anniversary reissue, though, which isn’t terrible. Sounds about the same as an older version I had, maybe an OG, sounded. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I love Monk's Dream

Our friends across the pond got this fancy 50th anniversary pressing courtesy of Rough Trade. 

So pretty. 

I think this version is identical sonically to the black US 50th anniversary reissue, though, which isn’t terrible. Sounds about the same as an older version I had, maybe an OG, sounded. 

That is pretty!  I'm glad it sound good. 

I kind of went overboard with the 40th Anniv. edition, but I have been pondering this one literally for decades and it sounds great- so much better that two previous re-issues I've owned.  And it's a cool box set with three CDs, one DVD, a booklet, and various paper ephemera.  More hoo-ha than I really need but it was this or a MoFi which are going for wa-a-a-ay to much money these days. 

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2020
    I didn’t know there was a MoFi. Is it half-speed? That would make for some odd song breaks, I would think. 

I’ve always just accepted that as a toll for Miles and crew’s mindshredding flights of rapture, we’re gonna have some hot spots on wax. 

There was a digitally mastered from analogue tapes pressing way back when they were doing that with everything. I imagine in that case, you have to sacrifice dynamics for clarity. I’ve never listened to that pressing, though. 

Flaws and all, the pressings I’ve owned have always been music to my ears. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I didn’t know there was a MoFi. Is it half-speed? That would make for some odd song breaks, I would think. 

I’ve always just accepted that as a toll for Miles and crew’s mindshredding flights of rapture, we’re gonna have some hot spots on wax. 

There was a digitally mastered from analogue tapes pressing way back when they were doing that with everything. I imagine in that case, you have to sacrifice dynamics for clarity. I’ve never listened to that pressing, though. 

Flaws and all, the pressings I’ve owned have always been music to my ears. 

There is but it's two LP/ 33 1/3.  A bit pricey as can be seen here:

One of the interesting things I found listing to the Legacy 40th Anniv. is how distorted some of the electronic keyboards sound (probably Chick Corea's).  I always thought it was a problem with the pressing but nothing else sounds flawed on this excellent pressing so I guess it's just the way the keyboards were pushed and it's nice to just accept that it's part of the sound they created.   "Mindshredding flights of rapture" is an apt description!  I had my mind thoroughly shredded last night!

• Options
    DC29940 said:
    Yeah, I'm not doing the super.  I will probably do the 7 record set.  Possibly the 9.  I hope this is all analog like the Wildflowers in the box set.  We've been waiting for this for 25 years now.  Crazy.  I bet if Tom was alive, we would still be waiting.  I heard he wanted to release it, but was a bit self conscious about the whole thing. 
  • Options
    Acoustic Sounds is the best,  even the packaging.  There's always something that sounds glorious inside.  The best part is that I have no idea what I ordered,  so it's like Christmas. I did it late at night with a buzz while listening to records.  Could be anything. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Acoustic Sounds is the best,  even the packaging.  There's always something that sounds glorious inside.  The best part is that I have no idea what I ordered,  so it's like Christmas. I did it late at night with a buzz while listening to records.  Could be anything. 

Agreed!  Acoustic Sounds LP's always please!

Let us know what you got!

• Options
    Well these are good choices but I was definitely surprised! 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Nice!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice!
    They both sounded amazing.  Next up is Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue and Second Helping from Skynyrd.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    Finally pulled the trigger on this one. Waited for a price break but acquiesced it was never coming...

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    Finally pulled the trigger on this one. Waited for a price break but acquiesced it was never coming...

just ordered? wondering how it sounds.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    mickeyrat said:
    just ordered? wondering how it sounds.
    Yeah just ordered. I’ll let know when I receive it.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    Some great records there - love that Daniel Lanois album.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    ST66483 said:
    Some great records there - love that Daniel Lanois album.
    Cult classic that one. Gave it a spin last night... sounded great.