Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I have been streaming the hell of out this lately. Now I can spin the hell out of it.

I need this record. I know where it is. Good call! 
    Is there a decent repress of this out there now? I’ve returned or sold the couple I had. Picture disc naturally sounded like shit, but it was even worse than your usual picture disc. And the remaster on black vinyl around the same time wasn’t all that great either. 

I had an OP in my old collection. I remember that sounding great. It was one of my favorites. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I have been streaming the hell of out this lately. Now I can spin the hell out of it.

Is there a decent repress of this out there now? I’ve returned or sold the couple I had. Picture disc naturally sounded like shit, but it was even worse than your usual picture disc. And the remaster on black vinyl around the same time wasn’t all that great either. 

I had an OP in my old collection. I remember that sounding great. It was one of my favorites. 
    I’ll have to dig a little I guess. I saw a repress at a local store. Maybe it’s the same shite you stuffed off. 
    Perhaps I need to find an OP on Disco-gauges.com 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,876
    edited September 2020
    dankind said:

I’ll have to dig a little I guess. I saw a repress at a local store. Maybe it’s the same shite you stuffed off. 

looking on discogs theres an  mov press from 2011, 2012 , 2013..........
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:

looking on discogs theres an  mov press from 2011, 2012 , 2013..........
    Yeah I purchased a 2012 pressing off of discogs.  Spun it last night and it sounds great.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    RAM record wasn’t there today, but I picked up a few:

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Picked up an excellent 2001 Impulse! re-issue of Coltrane's, Ballads.  Nice!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    brianlux said:

Awesome.  I can't wait for the QRP version that's hitting next month.  I don't own a copy today.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Awesome.  I can't wait for the QRP version that's hitting next month.  I don't own a copy today.

Oh yeah!  That should sound great.  I don't have a ton of QRP pressings, but those I do have sound amazing!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,839
    ^^^any if you cool jazz cats pick up Ron Carter's rsd release. It is fantastic. Spun A and B. Have to find the right time for C, D.
    It's a fancy pressing German pressing.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Recent pick ups include:
    Black Crowes RSD
    DBT RSD
    Elliott Smith Reissue
    Josh Ritter
    MMJ
    Old 97’s
    Josiah Johnson
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^any if you cool jazz cats pick up Ron Carter's rsd release. It is fantastic. Spun A and B. Have to find the right time for C, D.
    It's a fancy pressing German pressing.

Ooh!  Ron Carter!  What's the title. LJ?

• Options

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,657
    Waterfall II
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Loujoe said:

this title is on apple music.... 2019. saw several copies at my spot. guessing still available. will give listen..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    You got a goooood record connection.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Excellent, thanks!

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    You got a goooood record connection.
    who does?

• Options
    ^you mickeyrat. Seems like your shop is stocked with good stuff. Nice to see.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^you mickeyrat. Seems like your shop is stocked with good stuff. Nice to see.
    we have 8 or 9 here. google records in columbus ohio.....
    2 largest are used kids(my go to) and magnolia thunderpussy. both have been around the longest.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

this title is on apple music.... 2019. saw several copies at my spot. guessing still available. will give listen..
    If you go anytime soon let me know. Would love to get a copy.  My store didnt even order this one for RSD. 
  • Options
    ^^Good luck on your hunt. It's a classy solid jam.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

If you go anytime soon let me know. Would love to get a copy.  My store didnt even order this one for RSD. 

so happens am going today for this and whatever else I find digging in used stuff. will pick you up one.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

so happens am going today for this and whatever else I find digging in used stuff. will pick you up one.
    Awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:8
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

Awesome. Thanks!

no Bueno. dammit

• Options

Can’t wait for all these beauties to arrive. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

Awesome. Thanks!

no Bueno. dammit
    Thanks for trying!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:

Awesome. Thanks!

no Bueno. dammit
    Thanks for trying!

Sure thing. Still managed to drop 140. nice haul though. mostly used. a boot and a new copy.

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Excellent! 

I hope you found a good copy of Cheap Thrills.  It took my a few tries a couple years ago to find a suitable replacement for an old beater.  Such a great album!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

Excellent! 

I hope you found a good copy of Cheap Thrills.  It took my a few tries a couple years ago to find a suitable replacement for an old beater.  Such a great album!
    will put that on next.
    vinyl looks pristine. no scuffs or surface scratches. doubt its been played many times at all. nm is my estimation.