Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    dankind said:
    Good mail day!

Nice haul, DK! Love the BVSC album....reminds me I need to dust it off and spin :sunglasses:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Loujoe said:
    My local record joint has been posting all these import records. Colored unreleased or reissue lps. Surely unofficial boots, but what's up with that? They were selling a white yield and an unofficial unplugged, a colored soundgarden.
    Years ago it was cool to buy bootlegs of shows/concerts.  Collectors would go out of their way to find a show they didn't have on vinyl.  

Today it isn't like that.  All crap.I bought a self titled QOTSA colored vinyl and it sounded like shit.  Bought the reissue and now we have magic!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,945
    edited August 2020
    I don't see what is surprising or that weird about unofficial releases popping up to fill the void of official releases not existing and not being repressed.

The blue vinyl ST/Avocado and the orange (or whatever it was) Binaural obviously had a market with Pearl Jam not caring about keeping their albums available out in stores. 

Surprised it took them so long to pirate those PJ albums. Then obviously a PJ repress came (who knows, maybe quicker by PJ seeing bootleggers finding that void).
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    I don't see what is surprising or that weird about unofficial releases popping up to fill the void of official releases not existing and not being repressed.

The blue vinyl ST/Avocado and the orange (or whatever it was) Binaural obviously had a market with Pearl Jam not caring about keeping their albums available out in stores. 

Surprised it took them so long to pirate those PJ albums. Then obviously a PJ repress came (who knows, maybe quicker by PJ seeing bootleggers finding that void).
    Too and Aenima?

I thought it had more to do with licensing and legal?  Maybe I am wrong.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Gibson said:
    "Thanks for coming out. We are the FOO FIGHWOOOOOAAAAHHHHALLLLRRRRIIIGGGHHHTTTTT!!!"

Every single song. Every. Single. Show.
    Exactly. That stuff makes me cringe. It's the antithesis of everything that Nirvana was, which is very difficult for me to reconcile, because I adore everything that Dave did when he was in that band. They're very reliant on gimmicks also, and they have no need to be, I firmly believe.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    jjflash said:
    dankind said:
    Good mail day!

Nice haul, DK! Love the BVSC album....reminds me I need to dust it off and spin :sunglasses:
    The original artwork for the BVSC release is stunning. 

There are some pops of color that you can probably only see in person. I gave it the best background I could to try to make those pops show up in a photo. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    Waiting on that new Arlo McKinkley to get here. There was an issue getting the vinyl out so he's throwing his autograph on all pre orders to make up for the wait. Good dude...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I've gotten on a Madonna kick lately so I picked up Erotica, Music, and Confessions on a Dancefloor.  Also got Collective Soul's first self-titled.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 635

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    DC29940 said:

Is that the Turquoise CS? I'm still waiting on mine to get here.... 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    I haven't thought about KT Tunstall for a long time... but I think I have that album on cd... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I just bought Peter Lemarcs first album on vinyl on a swedish indie label back in -82. Never been released on CD and never been a part of any boxset or reissue etc. I have a bad feeling about the inlay not gonna come with my copy... but whatever...

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    Attaway77 said:
    DC29940 said:

Is that the Turquoise CS? I'm still waiting on mine to get here.... 
    I got mine last week so they're shipping out. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685

Bakesale!  Nice!

I've often wondered, did the kid just puke or is he playing with his rubber ducky in the wrong tub?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    brianlux said:

Bakesale!  Nice!

I've often wondered, did the kid just puke or is he playing with his rubber ducky in the wrong tub?

Sweet, Bakesale is such a great record.

That’s a 1-year-old Lou Barlow on the cover!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

Bakesale!  Nice!

That is correct. A pic his mom took of him. Great album indeed. 
    I thought it was about time I started adding some Sebadoh to my record collection. First one I’ve come across hunting around town. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401

Few things I’ve picked up over the past two weeks.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

I generally try to avoid boots but in certain cases i'll grab them. I got an SSD 'The Kids Will Have Their Say' and a Samhain 'Initium' which both sound pretty good. I actually wanna grab the first couple Danzig albums also as they all quite readily available lately it seems.. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

Bakesale!  Nice!

OMG, I did not know that!  How cool is that?!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    This is my weekend score. Been a while since I’ve seen so much good old vinyl for sale. 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    toolie said:
    This is my weekend score. Been a while since I’ve seen so much good old vinyl for sale. 

vinyl in good shape?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    toolie said:

vinyl in good shape?
    Ya, all cleaned before they sold to me. I’m pretty happy with it all. Listened to Quadrophenia last night, it sounds amazing. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    toolie said:

Nice !

This is how old I am: I got 7 of those albums in the late 70's/early 80's.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    toolie said:

Nice !

Haha that’s awesome. The lady I got them from was pretty cool. Told me her first ever concert was CSNY in the early 70’s. I told her I drove 8 hours last summer to see David Crosby in Montana and she was tickled pink. She pulled out some of these gems once she knew they would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    toolie said:
    cutz said:
    toolie said:

Nice !

Haha that’s awesome. The lady I got them from was pretty cool. Told me her first ever concert was CSNY in the early 70’s. I told her I drove 8 hours last summer to see David Crosby in Montana and she was tickled pink. She pulled out some of these gems once she knew they would be appreciated :)
    Nice early version of Beggars.  Also, original LA Woman is amazing sounding. Good score overall.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    i purchased and have received:

Glorious Sons:
    The Union
    Young Beauties and Fools
    A War On Everything

I purchased and am awaiting:
    Glorious Sons:
    Live at Longboat Hall (an unplugged evening with the glorious sons)

Crown Lands:
    Self Titled LP
    Wayward Flyers Vol 1

Pearl Jam
    Let Me Sleep 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mike Portnoy has been posting some nerd out YouTube videos in which he goes through his vinyl collection that some visitors to this particular thread might find interesting/amusing/entertaining.

Alphabetically, I think he's through O.

Here's the first episode:

https://youtu.be/z_TzPtW2DA0
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,764
    Cool. Idk lots of those bands or who that dude is. Always like to watch others dig through their stuff.