Perth Pre Show Meet - 10C ??

Comments

• Well, that's a reasonable excuse I suppose! Unlike mine which is just that I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Has anyone heard from 10c yet about ticket pickup? Also, two of the people I am coming with are not that keen on being right up the front, and I heard that alcohol is allowed on the field - there is a bar there, so do you think that it will be open - I'm assuming that you won't be allowed to TAKE alcohol on the field just buy it and drink it there? Just wondering - I myself won't be drinking alcohol once we are in, cause then I won't be able to stand at the front for that many hours.....just going to be a camel....... :)
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I damn well hope there is a bar.

Ive gotta be allowed to have a few beers at at least one of the gigs
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    There should be lots of bars. The Who concert had them everywhere and drinks could go everywhere too. I also have 2 10c friends who don't want to be up front, so the pre-meet will get these people aquainted and looking out for one another further back.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I am having so much trouble functioning today!!!! I think there may be something wrong with me ....lol......How am I going to survive 10 more DAYS!!?????????????????? :shock:
    Just Breath. :lol:
  • Jo wrote:
    Just Breath. :lol:

HAHA!!!! yes, I'll try...
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Jo wrote:
    There should be lots of bars. The Who concert had them everywhere and drinks could go everywhere too. I also have 2 10c friends who don't want to be up front, so the pre-meet will get these people aquainted and looking out for one another further back.

Excellent stuff

Really looking forward to Perth....coming over early for 4 nights and staying at Ozsmelltowngirls place....theres a few of us I believe. I would assume that we will be making a guest appearance at at least either the pre or post gig shenanigans

Turn the weather on Perth would ya. I need some sun and sand
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DonJon wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Excellent stuff

Really looking forward to Perth....coming over early for 4 nights and staying at Ozsmelltowngirls place....theres a few of us I believe. I would assume that we will be making a guest appearance at at least either the pre or post gig shenanigans

Turn the weather on Perth would ya. I need some sun and sand

The weather should be good - it's been a bit iffy for a while, but a bit of normal November weather seems to have finally arrived!!! Nice and warm......sunny....although a little windy today.....Yesterday was stunning - beach was flat as, no wind, what did it get to...I think around 31/32?

Should be good in a week and a half......nice and hot! Bring on the sunshine, beer and pearl jam!!!!!!!!
    So...........Who's going to be "That guy" and wear a PJ shirt? :D
  • Jo wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm....me 8-):lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Uummm, not sure - know we have to get the Armadale line from the city to get to ME stadium...but not sure how late they run - check the Transperth website...should have timetables up.....

The MIDLAND line and get off at either 'Claisebrook' station or 'East Perth' station :) i think it's something like midnight or after for the last trains but don't quote me lol
    Midnight is too early. I'm just going to hang around after the show and ask Ed for a lift. 8-)
  • i_lov_it wrote:
    Uummm, not sure - know we have to get the Armadale line from the city to get to ME stadium...but not sure how late they run - check the Transperth website...should have timetables up.....

The MIDLAND line and get off at either 'Claisebrook' station or 'East Perth' station :) i think it's something like midnight or after for the last trains but don't quote me lol

I thought it was the Armadale / Thorlie line? Lucky someone corrected me...or I might've ended up somewhere else.....Now THAT would be tragic! :shock:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Jo wrote:
    Midnight is too early. I'm just going to hang around after the show and ask Ed for a lift. 8-)

Yeah Ed can drive with us 10Clubbers piled inside ;) lol
  • i_lov_it wrote:
    Jo wrote:

I bags front seat!!!!! :lol:
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    i_lov_it wrote:

Had a look on transperth site, i believe both the armadale/thornlie and midland lines all go through claisebrook station (just different platforms)

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cach ... JAgGekxIfA

and the last train back into the city leaves claisebrook at 2:20am give or take a few minutes while last trains to armadale and midland both leave perth at 2:00am and for anyone in other areas.....last train to fremantle leaves perth at 2:00, joondalup and mandurah leaves perth underground at 2:10am.....hope it all made sense :).....happy travels
  • i miss living in joondalup....place has gotten bigger since.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited November 2009
    OK, here we go, the times are in...

I think heading over there early afternoon to pick up tickets and any merch if available followed by a trip back to the Brissy for a couple of hours and then back to the venue to arrive sometime around/before 4 pm should be fine.

Bring it on! Kick out the Jams motherfuckers!!!!!

This is your final confirmation for your Ten Club ticket purchase to the Pearl Jam show at Members Equity Stadium in Perth, Australia on November 14th.

1) Your Ten Club purchase is for two (2) general admission, standing tickets.

2) Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the box office of the venue on the day of the show.

3) Ten Club tickets and early entry wristbands will be available for collection from 1 pm at the designated collection point located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

4) Ten Club members must show photo identification to collect purchased tickets.

5) There will be an early entry for Ten Club ticket holders. Early entry will start promptly at 4:15 pm. The Ten Club early entry point will be located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

6) Doors open to the public at 4:30 pm.

7) All ticket sales are final. No exchanges, refunds, or transfers.

8) Reselling of Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in ticket cancellation and revocation of future ticket benefits.

Additional questions regarding your tickets can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Jo wrote:

I'll br THAT guy wit ha either my Pearl Jam "La Lakers" 7/10 Los Angeles t-shirt or my Black Los Angeles Tour Stickman T-shirt on. My Step son will probably be weariing a Grey "Dodgers" 6/10 Los Angelels t-shirt. My wife will probably be in a black 10c t-shirt of some kind.

I thnk that'll make use easy to find as they should be the only ones in the venue.

How's that for being THAT guy - we'll be that entire family. :)
  • I'll contact the Brissy today and see what they can do for us all. We need a show of hands so I can give them an indication of numbers.
  • Hey guys,

Wife & I will be there...

Time to start listening to all the studio albums again as it's been bootlegs on high rotation recently. Really excited to see a whole evening of great rock.

Catch you soon
    ...This could be the day...
  • OK

I just spoke to the Brisbane Hotel and prewarned them, they will be full staffed from lunchtime onwards. They are used to catering for the Perth Glory pregame crowd and I advised them we'd proably be a similar sized crowd.

If you want substantial meals it is advisable to book a table or be prepared to wait. They asked if we'd like to make something a little more formal and have an area put aside for us, but i said it was probably easier if we all just rock up and play it by ear.

I'd also like to invite a local charity to collect donations. Does anyone have any that they prefer.

A very close friend of mine died from H1N1 a few months ago and she was very active for the Friends Of Autism. http://www.friendsofautism.org.au/ Would people be willing to donate a gold coin each to go to this cause in her honor?

http://thebrisbanehotel.com.au/

"We're situated right on the corner of Brisbane and Beaufort Street, Perth's hippest thoroughfare.

A previously decaying old icon has been transformed into a bustling and vibrant venue abundant in community cool but losing none of its pub values. The Brisbane is somewhat a reinvention of the classic pub, set in urban and contemporary surroundings. Our eclectic blend of customers and staff creates a welcoming and dynamic character, offering a sense of familiarity for our patrons. The Brisbane is a local pub for city folk.

Our modern pub food is served in healthy proportions using the freshest of local ingredients. What you can expect from The Brisbane is an enthusiastic welcome, quality fresh cuisine, premium affordable wines, innovative design, a lush terraced beer garden and outstanding service."

Chunky fries, roast garlic aioli 9.5
    Pumpkin & feta arancini 10.5
    Homemade sausage rolls 11.5
    Quesadilla, chilli con pollo, cheese, guacamole 17.5
    Salt and pepper squid, lemon aioli 14.5
    Butter chicken, beef samosa, naan bread, mango chutney 21.5
    Japanese crumbed prawn, chicken spring rolls, wasabi aioli, plum & ginger sauce 20.5
    Grilled flat bread, chorizo, Sicilian olives, beetroot relish, hommus 19.5
    Pizza
    Tomato, mozzarella, basil 16.5
    Double smoked ham, brie, fig chutney 19.5
    Bacon, spinach, onion, mushroom duxelle 19.5
    Roasted pumpkin, caramelised onion, goat's cheese 19.5
    Thai chicken, capsicum, chilli, coriander 19.5
    Potato, pancetta, rosemary 18.5
    Chorizo, ham, bacon, meatball 19.5
    Main
    Scotch fillet sandwich, onion, rocket, tomato relish, aioli, fries 21.5
    Linguine, prawn, chilli, garlic 23.5
    Homemade tagliatelle, chicken, asparagus, saffron, tomato 26.5
    Prawn Pad Thai, pork belly salad, lime & chilli dressing 28.5
    Roast chicken breast, fig ballotine, orange & fennel salad 29.5
    Grain fed scotch fillet 300gm, fries, béarnaise 35.5
    Crispy skinned barramundi, potato au gratin, broccolini, tomato & chilli jam 36.5
    Crisp beer battered snapper, chips, tartare sauce 22.5
    Grilled Tasmanian salmon, nicoise salad 29.5
    Prawn, avocado, tomato, falafel salad 25.5
    Classic Caesar, bacon, anchovies 18.5
    Mixed garden salad, Danish feta 14.5
    Side 8.5
    Sweet
    Pavlova, passionfruit curd, fresh cream, berries 13.5
    Spanish doughnuts, vanilla anglaise, chocolate sauce 13.5
    Marscapone tiramisu 14.5
    Cheese board with fig bread 22.5
    Jo wrote:

I'll br THAT guy wit ha either my Pearl Jam "La Lakers" 7/10 Los Angeles t-shirt or my Black Los Angeles Tour Stickman T-shirt on. My Step son will probably be weariing a Grey "Dodgers" 6/10 Los Angelels t-shirt. My wife will probably be in a black 10c t-shirt of some kind.

I thnk that'll make use easy to find as they should be the only ones in the venue.

How's that for being THAT guy - we'll be that entire family. :)

Is that you gloating again? :lol::lol:
    Thanks for all the info your posting here, I didn't know there was other stuff on the internet apart from these Forums :? :?

LETS ROCK!!
    i_lov_it wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Fine, I'll have the middle console :thumbup:
  • Jo wrote:

Now, now JO, don't get me started on the handbreak and gear shifter!! ;)
  • WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 sleeps to go, ticket pick up confirmation.......wow - I thought excitement had peaked yesterday for me - if it keeps going like this - OMG! there could be some serious issues on show day!!! hehe ;)
    Jo wrote:

Now, now JO, don't get me started on the handbreak and gear shifter!! ;)

No probs there, I'll just shift onto Eds lap if he needs to use them ;)
  • OK

I just spoke to the Brisbane Hotel and prewarned them, they will be full staffed from lunchtime onwards. A very close friend of mine died from H1N1 a few months ago and she was very active for the Friends Of Autism. http://www.friendsofautism.org.au/ Would people be willing to donate a gold coin each to go to this cause in her honor?

Of course, a great cause, happy to donate to that....and looking forward to seeing the usually up market Brissy being rocked by rockin' Jammers!

For what it's worth, there will be me + 4 (at least) for this pre drink from about 2pm onwards.

Getting excited...
  • So what's the general feeling then? My friends and I are probably going to be there say somewhere between 11/11:30.....couple of drinks, maybe something for lunch....then head over to get tix and maybe merch....but was wondering what the deal was after that? From what I saw on the ticketec or ticketmaster or whichever one it was..normal tix (as in not 10c), go in all other gates, NOT gate 1...which in theory means it will only be 10clubbers lining up at that entry....so is the feeling that it is worth lining up from when tix pick up is, or are people going to head back to the Brissy until a bit later?

How many 10clubbers do you think there are going to Perth?
  • ....so is the feeling that it is worth lining up from when tix pick up is, or are people going to head back to the Brissy until a bit later?

How many 10clubbers do you think there are going to Perth?

I definitely intend to head back to the Brissy...it's really, really close, literally less than 500 metres...pick up the wrist band at 1pm or whenever it was, back to the pub, then prob head back to line up around 3.30pm. If that's too late and gets me too far back in the line then so be it I guess...

I can't imagine there would be too many 10C ticket holders going...but I really wouldnt have a clue...maybe 100??