Perth Pre Show Meet - 10C ??

Comments

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Nice dream....it says to me that your going to find your self with no problems in line for tix or getting to the front of the crowd. I wish us all good luck. :D
    As for me, I'm having trouble sleeping, and then those horrible things they call children have to get up around 5ish :evil:
  • Jo wrote:
    Nice dream....it says to me that your going to find your self with no problems in line for tix or getting to the front of the crowd. I wish us all good luck. :D
    As for me, I'm having trouble sleeping, and then those horrible things they call children have to get up around 5ish :evil:

HAHA!! See, THAT'S why I love it on here - because someone on here can take a dream like that (full of absolute dribble), and give it a perfectly plausible meaning......yet, if I told someone not on these boards, I would get the strangest looks...in fact, I think they would start to yell for the men in white coats to come and get me......but here, well here they understand!!!!!!!!!! ANd yes, children....why do you think I woke up when I did.....???who would have them?!
    Hmmmm...Children. It took me a while to work out what was causing them. :lol:
    When PJ were here 3 years ago, I missed out cause I was breast feeding 4mnth old TWINS....you gotta love Gods sense of humour.
    Three years before that, I had to get a room out at The Burswood so my partner and my 1 yr old were within walking distance in case he wouldn't settle, and I was also preggars with my second......
    This time......thanks to that little op called THE SNIP.....
    *** IT'S PARTY TIME!!*****************
  • Jo wrote:
    When PJ were here 3 years ago, I missed out cause I was breast feeding 4mnth old TWINS....you gotta love Gods sense of humour.
    Three years before that, I had to get a room out at The Burswood so my partner and my 1 yr old were within walking distance in case he wouldn't settle, and I was also preggars with my second......

Can relate....gone thru the same issues :D
    this time around the wife is preggo and she is a bit scared goin to GA.....5months gone and it only takes one knob to give her a wack :( So might make a decision wether she goes on the night.....Funny thing that is happening in the house hold is my two girls ( 7and5) know there might be a ticket up for grabs so both are been extremely good listening to all the albums and tryin to out do themselves in the good books :lol:
  • crazy m wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Can relate....gone thru the same issues :D
    this time around the wife is preggo and she is a bit scared goin to GA.....5months gone and it only takes one knob to give her a wack :( So might make a decision wether she goes on the night.....Funny thing that is happening in the house hold is my two girls ( 7and5) know there might be a ticket up for grabs so both are been extremely good listening to all the albums and tryin to out do themselves in the good books :lol:

Pregnant and GA?...hhmmm, dillema for sure! You're right - it's a risk, cause one dick is all it would take...BUT would you be able to have less of a risk if you were towards the back of the crowd? And that's funny about your kids - I totally get that - have that here too!!!!! :) it's cool to see young PJ fans in the making... :)
  • Bumpetedy , bump........
  • JuzzJuzz Posts: 7
    edited November 2009
    Found this thread and i am already getting butterflies..........7 MORE SLEEPS!!!
    See u at the Brizzy!!!!!!
    Post edited by Juzz on
  • Juzz wrote:
    Found this thread and i am already getting butterflies..........7 MORE SLEEPS!!!

Yeah, me too - just imagine the excitement level at exactly this time, this time next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know i am totally freaking out!! How many 10C's do u think live in Perth?? I was thinking 200 max??? So if we all rush the front and look after one another we are gonna hold the first 3-4 rows??? man i am sooooo excited!! Cant get enough.......
  • Juzz wrote:
    I know i am totally freaking out!! How many 10C's do u think live in Perth?? I was thinking 200 max??? So if we all rush the front and look after one another we are gonna hold the first 3-4 rows??? man i am sooooo excited!! Cant get enough.......

I've been wondering that too - I'm thinking like you, maybe a couple of hundred, and that was the general idea behind a pre show get together - get to know each other, keep the vibe buzzing, and look after each other in the line and the pit..... The excitement is here too! Can barely contain it!!! :D
    edited November 2009
    OK Mr Andrews, this is where you take over. I'll just list those who have said they are coming to the
    Pre-Party, but you need to edit the first page for others to add thier name.
    Lets see roughly how many ACTIVE PJ 10C members are coming to Pre-party and AAAAHHHHRRRRGGG :lol::lol:
    There would by others of course who just don't post, but this is the best I can do with what I have to work with.

Paul Andrews + 6
    Stardust + 1
    Jo + 3-two of them are SILENT 10C Members who "just read, no post" THEY MUST COME :evil: :lol:
    DonJon + ? Has to make the Pre-party.
    Crazy M + 1 maybe,
    Carlosa + ?
    Mr Benjamin + 1
    i_lov_it + ?
    KevDylan + ?
    Joely_91 + ?
    Milan + 1
    yellowled24-I don't care if your not a social butterfly, you MUST join us and experience some nice human nature
    Sandgropper + ?
    WestCoastLine + 1
    2_Feign-reluctance - Are you actualy coming to the Pre-party?
    Juzz + 3
    :D MOOKIEBLAYLOCK1983 - YOU ROCK!!!!! oh, and are you going to be at The Brizzy?

Oh, and at the risk of getting my head ripped off and a nasty bitch shit down my throat....These people also PUBLICLY said they are going to the Perth concert, So I would like to invite them to this Pre-meet. Priesty, Ozjammer, Pearlfinger, Raiden, Lisbr and Gvn2fly12. :) and any 10C member who just finds themselves at the last minute coming....you lucky.....You'r going to all. :D:D:D
    Post edited by Jo on
  • Jo wrote:
    OK Mr Andrews, this is where you take over. I'll just list those who have said they are coming to the
    Pre-Party, but you need to edit the first page for others to add thier name.
    Lets see roughly how many ACTIVE PJ 10C members are coming to Pre-party and AAAAHHHHRRRRGGG :lol::lol:
    There would by others of course who just don't post, but this is the best I can do with what I have to work with.

Paul Andrews + 6
    Stardust + ?
    Jo + 6-two of them are SILENT 10C Members who "just read, no post" THEY MUST COME :evil: :lol:
    DonJon + ? Has to make the Pre-party.
    Crazy M + 1 maybe,
    Carlosa + ?
    Mr Benjamin + 1
    i_lov_it + ?
    KevDylan + ?
    Joely_91 + ?
    Milan + 1
    yellowled24-I don't care if your not a social butterfly, you MUST join us and experience some nice human nature
    Sandgropper + ?
    WestCoastLine + 1
    2_Feign-reluctance - Are you actualy coming to the Pre-party?
    Juzz + ?
    :D MOOKIEBLAYLOCK1983 - YOU ROCK!!!!! oh, and are you going to be at The Brizzy?

Oh, and at the risk of getting my head ripped off and a nasty bitch shit down my throat....These people also PUBLICLY said they are going to the Perth concert, So I would like to invite them to this Pre-meet. Priesty, Ozjammer, Pearlfinger, Raiden, Lisbr and Gvn2fly12. :) and any 10C member who just finds themselves at the last minute coming....you lucky.....You'r going to all. :D:D:D

I'm on the list? Not sure whether I'm able to make it. It'll be my first time visiting Perth, so I'm not really familiar with the venues and stuff. Anyone care to fill me on the details? Thanks!
    I thought you were going to ALL? if so, you MUST do ALL pre-Shows....Yes?
    The venue is easy to find, just look out for the NICE people in PJ shirts hanging around the closest Pub to the Venue. Easy. :D Be early. :D
    Shameless Bump/
    Wouldn't it be really, really nice if the GA was split into us and them. :mrgreen:
    That would be really nice.
    6 1/2 sleeps to go!
  • Newbie Qn: What time do you think they'll start selling the posters and t-shirts? I hope it's outside the stadium, so I can reach there early to get 'em.
    Good morning People,
    I didn't win lotto last night, but I will still try through the week.
    I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for this, and also a bit scared, because this time next week it's going to be all over for me :(
    I don't know how I'm going to get through the anti-climax.
    Far out.................I'm on a downer already.
    I better get some PEARL JAMon and get back to hypo mode.
  • Jo wrote:
    Good morning People,
    I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for this, and also a bit scared, because this time next week it's going to be all over for me :(

Haha! You know what's sad? THIS WAS MY EXACT THOUGHT THIS MORNING!!!!! I have only just opened my eyes, and am already stressing about how I will feel this time next week!!!!!!! :lol:
    Jo wrote:
    Good morning People,

Haha! You know what's sad? THIS WAS MY EXACT THOUGHT THIS MORNING!!!!! I have only just opened my eyes, and am already stressing about how I will feel this time next week!!!!!!! :lol:

You too huh? Maybe we should book ourselves in for counciling now before they get booked out! :?
    Who needs counciling.......just dont let the night end!!!!

COUNT ME IN 4 DRINKS @ the Brissy Juzz + 3 .........2 of which are not massive fans like myself but hey at least they will be there!

Waiting for...INDIFFERENCE...... with EV and BH.....what a ride!!!!!!!!!
  • counselling is probably a good idea..lol! But then, so is not letting the night end, IMO...... 8-)
    I have so much stuff to do today, and I keep coming back here - God, I so can't wait for next Saturday...it's going to be such an awesome day.....Bring on the party people!!!!!

Ok, so there will be me and a friend of mine, plus 2 others - they will be there for the concert, but probably only me and my friend for pre-show drinks.....she isn't a huge fan unlike me...but she does like them, and she digs the whole excitement factor - she's ready to party the day away with me and a whole heap of other PJ fanatics!!!!!! We are def. going to be there early - we are catching a train up mid morning, going to check out the ticket window and suss out if there is a queue, then head to the Brissy, probably around 11:30...start with a couple of quiet beers, then hopefully get noisier as more people come in and say hello......then head over to pick up tickets, and depending on queuing situation, either head back to Brissy or grab a couple of take-aways (in lemonade bottles of course!), for the line up.........

Just talking about it gives me butterflies again - BRING ON THE 14TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 :D:D
  • I was up in Perth this weelend and stayed in the same hotel in Northbridge we're going to be in next weekend and did the walk to the Brisbane and then onto ME Stadium. The Brisbane is the perfect location for the pre-show (and probably after show) party and there is a little eco-foods cafe across the road for those wanting something natural and a nice grassy park nearby for you need to go for a 'walk' . The walk is about 3 minutes to the stadium.

I stuck my head inside the stadium and they have begun work on the stage at the shed end!!! Just scafholding and understage at this stage, but they're getting ready :) The lawn looks incredible (as you'd expect a soccer ground to be). Even from the back there is not a bad seat in the venue. If we get a nice night like in 2006, this will be awesome!
  • I was up in Perth this weelend and stayed in the same hotel in Northbridge we're going to be in next weekend and did the walk to the Brisbane and then onto ME Stadium. The Brisbane is the perfect location for the pre-show (and probably after show) party and there is a little eco-foods cafe across the road for those wanting something natural and a nice grassy park nearby for you need to go for a 'walk' . The walk is about 3 minutes to the stadium.

I stuck my head inside the stadium and they have begun work on the stage at the shed end!!! Just scafholding and understage at this stage, but they're getting ready :) The lawn looks incredible (as you'd expect a soccer ground to be). Even from the back there is not a bad seat in the venue. If we get a nice night like in 2006, this will be awesome!

COOL!!! That just fuels the excitement even more - they have begun the stage!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
    How big is it then? Like how many people do you reckon will be able to stand across the front?
  • Looks like it will probably end up the same size frontage as last time - or similar to one of the twin stages at BDO. The stage set up at the gigs in LA was similar to their usual set up but with new backdrops. At the moment the pad is a bit bigger than a soccer penalty box but is set up as far back agasint the shed end as they can. The GA area is pretty much an entire soccer field. All we need is the weather to play its part.
  • Looks like it will probably end up the same size frontage as last time - or similar to one of the twin stages at BDO. The stage set up at the gigs in LA was similar to their usual set up but with new backdrops. At the moment the pad is a bit bigger than a soccer penalty box but is set up as far back agasint the shed end as they can. The GA area is pretty much an entire soccer field. All we need is the weather to play its part.

Man, I can just picture the place in my head!! Crowd of 30,000 going nuts!!! :D
  • This looks like it could be the best venue we've seen the band play in WA.

Would have to be better than this week's star attraction :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 90,00.html

UPDATE: ANGRY fans have demanded their money back after Britney Spears' ``boring'', ``stiff'' and lip-synched Perth concert on Friday night.

Hundreds of fans stormed out of the Burswood Dome concert -- some as early as three songs into her set -- furious with her lacklustre performance.

One security guard said he had never seen so many people walk out of a concert.

CONCERT REVIEW: Read STM's Jay Hanna verdict

Barmaid Amanda Hawlet, 22, drove two hours from her home town of Northam, and spent nearly $500 on her weekend to see Spears.

She left little more than half an hour into the action.

``I want my money back or I want her to sing properly,'' she said. ``The ticket cost me $200 and she lipsynched the whole thing.

``It's cost me half a week's wage and you've got bills to pay, but you look forward to this concert, it's a night out and what do you get?

``Nothing. It was a waste of $200 -- I could have got four pairs of shoes for that.''

Fans complained the US pop star spent much of the concert with her back to them, while the giant screens atop the circular stage didn't even show her, which they suspected was to cover up her miming.

Split into five sections, the concert began with Spears descending from the heavens as she pretended to sing Circus.

The media-baiting Piece of Me was a highlight, with Spears wheeled around the stage in a caged wagon as she gyrated to the line ``Oh my God that Britney's shameless''.

It took several songs before Spears spoke her first words.

Deciding to play it safe following an embarrassing incident in the US when she greeted the wrong city, she went with the generic: ``What's up Australia? How you feeling tonight? It's so good to be here tonight. Your country is so beautiful.''

The walkouts have attracted international attention, with the story being picked up by US news site CNN.

Meanwhile, the WA Opposition has followed New South Wales' lead and called for law changes to protect consumers from being sold tickets to live shows when artists were really lip-synching.

``Hundreds of concert-goers are being duped by turning up to a Britney Spears concert expecting the vibrancy of a live concert but just getting a karaoke session with well-produced videos,'' Opposition Culture and the Arts spokesman John Hyde said.

A Burswood spokesman said the Entertainment Complex was proud to host the Britney Spears 'Circus' concert tour in Burswood Dome.

"Last night's concert (Friday) saw record crowds turn out for her first performance in Perth and from Burswood's perspective the event was a huge success.

"Early media reports that hundreds of fans left the concert early cannot be substantiated and Burswood has received no complaints about the concert.''
  • KevDylan wrote:
    Newbie Qn: What time do you think they'll start selling the posters and t-shirts? I hope it's outside the stadium, so I can reach there early to get 'em.

No idea, but I would guess around mid afternoon?
  • forecast for next saturday: mostly sunny, 27 degrees 8-)
  • This looks like it could be the best venue we've seen the band play in WA.

Would have to be better than this week's star attraction :lol::lol::lol:

UPDATE: ANGRY fans have demanded their money back after Britney Spears' ``boring'', ``stiff'' and lip-synched Perth concert on Friday night.

Hundreds of fans stormed out of the Burswood Dome concert -- some as early as three songs into her set -- furious with her lacklustre performance.

One security guard said he had never seen so many people walk out of a concert.

CONCERT REVIEW: Read STM's Jay Hanna verdict

Barmaid Amanda Hawlet, 22, drove two hours from her home town of Northam, and spent nearly $500 on her weekend to see Spears.

She left little more than half an hour into the action.

``I want my money back or I want her to sing properly,'' she said. ``The ticket cost me $200 and she lipsynched the whole thing.

``It's cost me half a week's wage and you've got bills to pay, but you look forward to this concert, it's a night out and what do you get?

``Nothing. It was a waste of $200 -- I could have got four pairs of shoes for that.''

Fans complained the US pop star spent much of the concert with her back to them, while the giant screens atop the circular stage didn't even show her, which they suspected was to cover up her miming.

Split into five sections, the concert began with Spears descending from the heavens as she pretended to sing Circus.

The media-baiting Piece of Me was a highlight, with Spears wheeled around the stage in a caged wagon as she gyrated to the line ``Oh my God that Britney's shameless''.

It took several songs before Spears spoke her first words.

Deciding to play it safe following an embarrassing incident in the US when she greeted the wrong city, she went with the generic: ``What's up Australia? How you feeling tonight? It's so good to be here tonight. Your country is so beautiful.''

The walkouts have attracted international attention, with the story being picked up by US news site CNN.

Meanwhile, the WA Opposition has followed New South Wales' lead and called for law changes to protect consumers from being sold tickets to live shows when artists were really lip-synching.

``Hundreds of concert-goers are being duped by turning up to a Britney Spears concert expecting the vibrancy of a live concert but just getting a karaoke session with well-produced videos,'' Opposition Culture and the Arts spokesman John Hyde said.

A Burswood spokesman said the Entertainment Complex was proud to host the Britney Spears 'Circus' concert tour in Burswood Dome.

"Last night's concert (Friday) saw record crowds turn out for her first performance in Perth and from Burswood's perspective the event was a huge success.

"Early media reports that hundreds of fans left the concert early cannot be substantiated and Burswood has received no complaints about the concert.''

HAHA!!!!! Actually a couple of people I know went to this concert last night (yes, I am still friends with them despite the fact that they like BRITNEY SPEARS!!!).......and they were less than impressed.....even the 12 yr old I know that went, was not awe-inspired.......

Cool avatar Paul - is that you sky diving?

• Cool avatar Paul - is that you sky diving?

Not quite - it was iFly at Universal Citywalk (next to Gobson Amphitheater) in LA last month.

http://www.iflyhollywood.com/

• Cool avatar Paul - is that you sky diving?

Not quite - it was iFly at Universal Citywalk (next to Gobson Amphitheater) in LA last month.

http://www.iflyhollywood.com/

still looks good!!! :D