Perth Pre Show Meet - 10C ??

Comments

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Juzz wrote:
    Who needs counciling.......just dont let the night end!!!!

COUNT ME IN 4 DRINKS @ the Brissy Juzz + 3 .........2 of which are not massive fans like myself but hey at least they will be there!

Waiting for...INDIFFERENCE...... with EV and BH.....what a ride!!!!!!!!!

I hear that particular version on my dvd.....I'm sorry, but......BH needs to stay clear of that one.Please. :)
    forecast for next saturday: mostly sunny, 27 degrees 8-)

Perfect. 8-) Perth weather WILL be on it's best behaviour. nice :D
  • Jo wrote:

Sensational !!! Now we just need the moon smiling again :)
    Jo wrote:

Sensational !!! Now we just need the moon smiling again :)

Yea, that would be cool, but unless it's your arse is shining brown eyes, I have my photos of that smiley moon to keep that nice memory. :)

Man, I still have 1 GA Fixer tick to sell, c'mon, sell it for me people, I need donation money at the Brizzy.
  • Side question: Is there a HMV in Perth? Any good music stores to recommend in the city? I'll be touching down this Friday, and will be spending a few days there, besides the concert obviously. Appreciate anyone's help, thanks!
  • Can anyone paraphrase the last 11 pages?

I'm packing my bags and flying out of the Gold Coast soon to Perth. Never been there. Don't know anyone. A few mates will be coming along with me. We're doing the entire Australian tour.

So if someone can quickly give me the lowdown cuz I don't have time to read all those pages!!

I'm staying at Aaron's in Pier st.....btw
  • The main points:

1. Preshow Party:
    The Brisbane Hotel (http://thebrisbanehotel.com.au/)
    292 Beaufort Street, Highgate WA
    Luntime Onwards.
    Charity Supported: Friends Of Autism (http://www.friendsofautism.org.au/). Please consider a gold coin donation or drink change.

2 Tickets/Entry

Ten Club tickets and early entry wristbands will be available for collection from 1 pm at the designated collection point located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

There will be an early entry for Ten Club ticket holders. Early entry will start promptly at 4:15 pm. The Ten Club early entry point will be located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

Doors open to the public at 4:30 pm.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=17
  • Good morning all - final details above.
  • Side question: Is there a HMV in Perth? Any good music stores to recommend in the city? I'll be touching down this Friday, and will be spending a few days there, besides the concert obviously. Appreciate anyone's help, thanks!

Here's a few i can think of off the top of my head:

http://www.planetvideo.com.au/library/music

http://www.78records.com.au/

http://www.dadarecords.com.au/

Good morning to you! Hey, you've done an awesome job organising - well done! OMG _ 5 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Got Pearl jam cranking while I do some screen printing, - my poor little boy has nasty asthma so he is at home today with me instead of being at school, and he keeps asking me to turn the music down Mum, cause I can't hear the telly!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Good morning to you! Hey, you've done an awesome job organising - well done! OMG _ 5 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Got Pearl jam cranking while I do some screen printing, - my poor little boy has nasty asthma so he is at home today with me instead of being at school, and he keeps asking me to turn the music down Mum, cause I can't hear the telly!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Screen printing !!! we should have thought ot that earlier and printed our own Perth t-shirts ;)

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Screen printing !!! we should have thought ot that earlier and printed our own Perth t-shirts ;)

HAHA!! And what do you think I am screen printing?! A couple of tees for my friends that are coming with me, cause they don't have any (!), and unlike the other thread talking about being 'that guy', they WANT to wear a PJ tee to the show...........I will be wearing my BLACK tee cause it's only the BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Another entire tour peep - Drop-the -Leash!!!!!

Good to hear the weather outlook is good to.

Unless my sponsor/accom provider has different plans....I expect a fair bit of beach and beer time for the 3 lead up days to the tour.

Turn it on for the Don you westies!! :shock:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Hell yeah, I can't wait!

Who here has been to Rottnest? I'm planning on staying there the night of the 12th, but am thinking about tentatively staying the 13th.....but then the paranoia kicks in of being stuck on a fn island for the first gig of the tour.

If I can get in and out in a day and a half and get done what I need to, then I'll just do that.

Cheers guys!
    As this is going to be my only show this tour,I have started a plan to avoid going on a downer after the concert....
    This morning I had Riot Act for breakfast, then a bit of Backspacer for morning smoko.
    I had Live on Two Legs for lunch and have just had more Backspacer for afternoon tea.
    I'm planning on having No Code for dinner with Vs for desert......
    This is my diet plan all week, with a few Boots to snack on in between, and when Saturday comes, I'm going to tatally PIG OUT at the show.
    Then Sunday I'm going to feel really, really, really FAT and HAPPY on Pearl Jam, so FAT, I'm going to want to change my diet and therfore WANT to abstain from Pearl Jam for a while.
    I hope it works. :? .
  • Jo wrote:
    As this is going to be my only show this tour,I have started a plan to avoid going on a downer after the concert....
    This morning I had Riot Act for breakfast, then a bit of Backspacer for morning smoko.
    I had Live on Two Legs for lunch and have just had more Backspacer for afternoon tea.
    This is my diet plan all week, with a few Boots to snack on in between, and when Saturday comes, I'm going to tatally PIG OUT at the show.
    Then Sunday I'm going to feel really, really, really FAT and HAPPY on Pearl Jam, so FAT, I'm going to want to change my diet and therfore WANT to abstain from Pearl Jam for a while.

Haha! Nice logic......uummm....but what if you are so FAT on Pearl Jam, that all you can think about is more PEARL JAM!????........But, hey, they might put on such an awesome show that it would be sacriligious to think of seeing them again in case the experience is ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nope...but, hey, good luck with the diet!!!!)

:lol:
  • Jo wrote:

Who needs Weight Watchers with a diet like that :-P
  • JustyJusty Posts: 2
    If you are that desperate it is possible to swim back from Rotto.. But seriously, there are quite a few ferries back and forth throughout the day.
    What time are the various bands starting? Does anybody know.
    Mmmmmm munch munch, currently chewing my way through Adelaide show Nov 06, num num num.....
    No Idea what time bands start, but on the GA tix it just says 8pm..sorry shouldn't talk with my mouth full....
    munch munch munch, num num....
  • Hell yeah, I can't wait!

Who here has been to Rottnest? I'm planning on staying there the night of the 12th, but am thinking about tentatively staying the 13th.....but then the paranoia kicks in of being stuck on a fn island for the first gig of the tour.

If I can get in and out in a day and a half and get done what I need to, then I'll just do that.

Cheers guys!

Rotto is a bit over-rated if you ask me - heaps of comparable beaches along the coast....but hey, whatever floats your boat! You should have no trouble with ferries this time of year though..... :)
  • Jo wrote:
    Mmmmmm munch munch, currently chewing my way through Adelaide show Nov 06, num num num.....
    No Idea what time bands start, but on the GA tix it just says 8pm..sorry shouldn't talk with my mouth full....
    munch munch munch, num num....
    Haha! You're funny!......I would think around the same as you - about 8 for PJ, I heard somewhere that Liam Finn was coming on around 5:30, but am not sure if that's correct.....and not sure how long his set will be, so that would dictate Ben Harper /R7 timewise.......
    edited November 2009
    3 SLEEPS
    PRE-PARTY - The Brisbane Hotel -WHO IS COMMING?????

Paul Andrews + 6
    Stardust + 1
    Jo + 3-two of them are SILENT 10C Members who "just read, no post" THEY MUST COME :evil: :lol:
    DonJon + ? Has to make the Pre-party.
    Crazy M + 1 maybe,
    Carlosa + ?
    Mr Benjamin + 1
    i_lov_it + ?
    KevDylan + ?
    Joely_91 + ?
    Milan + 1
    yellowled24-I don't care if your not a social butterfly, you MUST join us! :D
    Sandgropper + ?
    WestCoastLine + 1
    2_Feign-reluctance - Are you actualy coming to the Pre-party?
    Juzz + 3
    Gvn2fly12. + 1
    MOOKIEBLAYLOCK1983 - + 1
    Pearlfinger + 1

Oh, and at the risk of getting my head ripped off and a nasty bitch shit down my throat....These people also PUBLICLY said they are going to the Perth concert, So I would like to invite them to this Pre-meet. Priesty, Ozjammer, Raiden, and Lisbr. And any 10C member who just finds themselves at the last minute coming....WOOOOOOHOOOOO
    Post edited by Jo on
  • JustyJusty Posts: 2
    I agree with you about Rotto being overrated, overpriced, under resourced. I would rather stay on the mainland, save my time and money and not get seasick.
  • Justy wrote:
    I agree with you about Rotto being overrated, overpriced, under resourced. I would rather stay on the mainland, save my time and money and not get seasick.

For sure - there are so many place along the coastline that offer a better day out if you ask me - Rotto is just going to be packed with tourists, you can go fishing, or beaching, or swimming, or shopping, or walking, or bike riding, or sailing, or anything you can do on Rotto, on the mainland for cheaper and less time/hassle..... But hey, some people like it I guess..... :roll:
  • Bloody hell. Why didn't I ask you guys earlier. I booked the transfer earlier today. That's cool, tis only one night

I still need a plan for the night before the gig, and the day after. My mate wants to do a learn to surf day tour on the Sunday. There's one I found out to Lancelin? for $150. Anyone got the inside word?

Oh Stardust, I guess you can disregard half the PM I sent back to ya!
  • Bloody hell. Why didn't I ask you guys earlier. I booked the transfer earlier today. That's cool, tis only one night

I still need a plan for the night before the gig, and the day after. My mate wants to do a learn to surf day tour on the Sunday. There's one I found out to Lancelin? for $150. Anyone got the inside word?

Oh Stardust, I guess you can disregard half the PM I sent back to ya!

Duly disregarded, however, I read this AFTER I read your message, so you have still got a lengthy reply!!!! oops!! ;):lol:

Lancelin is a fair drive - takes me about 2 1/2 hours at least........Better off spending the day up there on quads........Secret Harbour has a surf school, not sure if it's on the net.......but that's an hour south of Perth....
  • Jo wrote:
    5 SLEEPS
    PRE-PARTY - WHO IS COMMING?????

Paul Andrews + 6
    Stardust + 1
    Jo + 3-two of them are SILENT 10C Members who "just read, no post" THEY MUST COME :evil: :lol:
    Crazy M + 1 maybe,
    Carlosa + ?
    Mr Benjamin + 1
    i_lov_it + ?
    KevDylan + ?
    Joely_91 + ?
    Milan + 1
    Sandgropper + ?
    WestCoastLine + 1
    Juzz + 3
    MOOKIEBLAYLOCK1983 - YOU ROCK!!!!! oh, and are you going to be at The Brizzy?

Oh, and at the risk of getting my head ripped off and a nasty bitch shit down my throat....These people also PUBLICLY said they are going to the Perth concert, So I would like to invite them to this Pre-meet. Priesty, Ozjammer, Pearlfinger, Raiden, Lisbr and Gvn2fly12. and any 10C member who just finds themselves at the last minute coming....WOOOOOOHOOOOO

Thank you for the invite
    gvn2fly12 + 1 may now be there, where ever it is, as I now no longer need to line up for GA I have 10C "lucky dip seated tix" for all Oz shows.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • gvn2fly12 wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    5 SLEEPS
    PRE-PARTY - WHO IS COMMING?????

Paul Andrews + 6
    Stardust + 1
    Crazy M + 1 maybe,
    Carlosa + ?
    Mr Benjamin + 1
    i_lov_it + ?
    KevDylan + ?
    Joely_91 + ?
    Milan + 1
    Sandgropper + ?
    WestCoastLine + 1
    Juzz + 3
    MOOKIEBLAYLOCK1983 - YOU ROCK!!!!! oh, and are you going to be at The Brizzy?

Oh, and at the risk of getting my head ripped off and a nasty bitch shit down my throat....These people also PUBLICLY said they are going to the Perth concert, So I would like to invite them to this Pre-meet. Priesty, Ozjammer, Pearlfinger, Raiden, Lisbr and Gvn2fly12. and any 10C member who just finds themselves at the last minute coming....WOOOOOOHOOOOO

Thank you for the invite
    gvn2fly12 + 1 may now be there, where ever it is, as I now no longer need to line up for GA I have 10C "lucky dip seated tix" for all Oz shows.

Brisbane Hotel.......apparently about 500 mts away from ME stadium.......will look forward to seeing you .....
  • Meet up at Chicken Treat or Muzz Buzz.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Meet up at Chicken Treat or Muzz Buzz.

I choose Muzz Buzz thanks, because Chicken Treat is shit!