Perth Pre Show Meet - 10C ??

Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hi

The preshow meet and drink in LA Were loads of fun and a really positive start to the night.

Is anyone going the the Perth (Sat Nov 14) show interesting in holding one here?

http://www.thebrisbanehotel.com.au/

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sour ... 9&t=h&z=17

Just around the corner from the venue - within walking (or bus) from Northbridge and Perth hotels.

I'm happy to do the leg work if people want to go here. They are used to accommodating the Perth Glory fans so we should not be too much of a hassle for them.

Edit:

Here are the details from later int he thread:

The main points:

1. Preshow Party:
The Brisbane Hotel (http://thebrisbanehotel.com.au/)
292 Beaufort Street, Highgate WA
Lunchtime Onwards.
Charity Supported: Friends Of Autism (http://www.friendsofautism.org.au/). Please consider a gold coin donation or drink change.

2 Tickets/Entry

Ten Club tickets and early entry wristbands will be available for collection from 1 pm at the designated collection point located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

There will be an early entry for Ten Club ticket holders. Early entry will start promptly at 4:15 pm. The Ten Club early entry point will be located at Gate 1 (near the corner of Pier and Bulwer Streets).

Doors open to the public at 4:30 pm.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=17
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Hey, I'm up for it - I am coming up with three other people who in all honesty aren't HUGE fans......just fans....and I think they are a little freaked out at my level of commitment for the band/show/meet ups etc.....

That being said - they LOVE a drink, so at this stage count us in!!!
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Just checked with my friends and we are definately in......I think we may be meeting a couple of other people as well, so that could make about 6 or so of us.....ANd if it turns out that there isn't enough interest then we are still up for a couple of drinks beforehand anyway....?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I can probably get about 10 people there.
  • Wicked, crazy m is in...Jack Daniels is the drink....tequila is da shot of choice :D
  • crazy m wrote:
    Wicked, crazy m is in...Jack Daniels is the drink....tequila is da shot of choice :D

shots BEFORE the show?!!! Haha!! I want to actually REMEMBER the concert.....but just for interest sake - give me a slippery nipple over tequila anyday.... :D
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Hey
    Hopefully you have space for two from the UK travelling 12,000 miles to see the best fuckin' band in the world.
    Milan
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • I'm sure there will be plenty of room for all travellers!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Alrighty....What time we meeting??? Do we pick up the tix first?
    12 sleeps, AAAaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhh!
  • I think it will depend on when 10c window opens and what the 10c arrangements are for GA. We'll probably get there early, few casual bevvies over a late lunch and then hit the 10c window.

I'll contact them and see how many they can accommodate and times for food etc.
    Food? Whats wrong with Chardy sambos and Froth chops?
  • Man, I'm starting this day with an all you can eat breakfast at my hotel and I'm planning on a scotch fillet or t-bone for lunch with a number of bevies topped off with Pearl Jam. If you're gonna be a shark- be a great white!
  • Man, I'm starting this day with an all you can eat breakfast at my hotel and I'm planning on a scotch fillet or t-bone for lunch with a number of bevies topped off with Pearl Jam. If you're gonna be a shark- be a great white!

I suggest a big fry up from The Flying Scotsman around 10.30am, stroll down to the Quessns for a sly beer or two and move on to The Brissy around 2pm to catch up with everyone and prepare to move on to the show!!

Gonna be good....gonna be good....and I'm only about 500m from the Brissy :-)
  • We'll be staying at Accor on Robinson St. Nice and close to everything.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-639 ... ndex.shtml
  • yeah nice one mate...that Hotel is about 100m from me, I live just down on Newcastle St...good spot, you familiar with the area? Sorry if you've said beforehand...I dont keep up wit hthese forums e nough...
  • Carlosa wrote:
    yeah nice one mate...that Hotel is about 100m from me, I live just down on Newcastle St...good spot, you familiar with the area? Sorry if you've said beforehand...I dont keep up wit hthese forums e nough...

Yeah we've stayed there a few times on trips up to Perth.
  • Is anyone else as insanely excited as me????? All this talk of pre show meet ups has me jumping around like a friggin lunatic??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think it will depend on when 10c window opens and what the 10c arrangements are for GA. We'll probably get there early, few casual bevvies over a late lunch and then hit the 10c window.

On the other thread someone got info that 10C Tix can be picked up from 1.30 and gates open at 4.30
    but I don't know if thats just Queensland.
  • Jo wrote:
    I think it will depend on when 10c window opens and what the 10c arrangements are for GA. We'll probably get there early, few casual bevvies over a late lunch and then hit the 10c window.

On the other thread someone got info that 10C Tix can be picked up from 1.30 and gates open at 4.30
    but I don't know if thats just Queensland.

I saw that too - wonder what time it will be here, and how many 10clubbers there will be?
  • Just updated my avatar - sorry, the catwoman twins from LA don't come with me haha
  • Just updated my avatar - sorry, the catwoman twins from LA don't come with me haha

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Bet you're spewin'?!!!! thought you'd have dreadies..... :roll: no particular reason, just did.... ;)
  • For a few years in the 90s when i had hair about as long as anyon e in PJ I was cool - of somehow fashionable - now I'm just a computer nerd with tats.
  • For a few years in the 90s when i had hair about as long as anyon e in PJ I was cool - of somehow fashionable - now I'm just a computer nerd with tats.

Nothing wrong with computer nerds!!! They come in handy when you press a button you shouldn't have, and sit there for hours, saying horrible things to your computer to get it to work, and then give up and start pleading with it to "please baby, I didn't mean what I said...please just work!!!".....hehe

I was always gunna get a tattoo, but am a bit scared of the pain factor - I have the ability to design something really cool (I am an artist after all), but the pain factor is putting me off....

Nothing wrong with computer nerds!!! They come in handy when you press a button you shouldn't have, and sit there for hours, saying horrible things to your computer to get it to work, and then give up and start pleading with it to "please baby, I didn't mean what I said...please just work!!!".....hehe

I was always gunna get a tattoo, but am a bit scared of the pain factor - I have the ability to design something really cool (I am an artist after all), but the pain factor is putting me off....

Pain shmain.

I have a number of tattoos (upper arms, chest, finger) and I've never found the pain unbearable. I do have a fairly hight tollerance to pain (I was once married to a sucubus) but it is one of those things you just grit your teeth and you're fine.
  • (I was once married to a sucubus) .

:shock:

Well, I have experience childbirth (which is probably THE most painful thing EVER), but still......I am thinking my shoulder would be good - I got a fake tat when I was last at Dreamworld, and it looked SO COOL! So, I really might.....
  • Actually, if yuo look at it like childbirth you'll be fine - in that, once it starts you just have to see it through to the end becasue you know it will end. And getting a tattoo would be no-where near as painful - but then again, yuo don't get a spinal block for a tat ;) . Breaking bones, getting burnt, dislocating a bone, gall bladder pain etc is all far more painful than a tattoo.
    Yea, nice avatar and I bet your misses loves it. :lol:
    How are you going to have a pre-party at The Brisbane, when you are off getting merch for everyone and stashing it somewhere safely and guaranteed personaly by you ? You'll be far too busy to join us. 8-)
    And I do believe someone here put thier hand up to Keep Your Spot while you do all of the above, thanks :D

After a fantastic weekend my hair is sometimes dreadlocked.
    I have no Tatts.
    Sucubus is f*#@king hilarious.
    Childbirth???? don't get me started.
    I am wishing my life away for this concert. :mrgreen:
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited November 2009
    Jo wrote:
    Yea, nice avatar and I bet your misses loves it. :lol:
    How are you going to have a pre-party at The Brisbane, when you are off getting merch for everyone and stashing it somewhere safely and guaranteed personaly by you ? You'll be far too busy to join us. 8-)
    And I do believe someone here put thier hand up to Keep Your Spot while you do all of the above, thanks :D

After a fantastic weekend my hair is sometimes dreadlocked.
    I have no Tatts.
    Sucubus is f*#@king hilarious.
    Childbirth???? don't get me started.
    I am wishing my life away for this concert. :mrgreen:

My missus was not surprised at all when I got hat pic taken in LA. She'd have expected nothing less - the things you do on Hollywood Blvd. Although the next thing I did was have her name tattooed on my ring finger. That probably got me off the hook.

No-one has taken my up on the merch offer and no word from 10c, so I figured that one was going to slide, although, my hotel is now 5 mins from the venue so I can stash it for people.

Looks like I'll be seeing you all at the Brissy and then at the front of the 10c line :)
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Actually, if yuo look at it like childbirth you'll be fine - in that, once it starts you just have to see it through to the end becasue you know it will end. And getting a tattoo would be no-where near as painful - but then again, yuo don't get a spinal block for a tat ;) . Breaking bones, getting burnt, dislocating a bone, gall bladder pain etc is all far more painful than a tattoo.

Only got an epidural for one of the kids - went au naturale for one as well......so I suppose thinking of that analogy is a good one - once it starts you have to see it through.......Might have to start designing stuff..... ;)
  • Jo wrote:

Yeah, well, that's what multi tasking is for.... ;)
  • Although the next thing I did was have her name tattooed on my ring finger. That probably got me off the hook.

That'll do it.... :)