Perth Pre Show Meet - 10C ??

Comments

• What are the laws like in Australia for drinking on the street? Was thinking of carrying a few beers for the queue.
  • What are the laws like in Australia for drinking on the street? Was thinking of carrying a few beers for the queue.

They're pretty strict, I wouldn't dso it. At best you'll be asked to tip it out, get a cop who has just had a fight with his wife and he'll arrest you.

Drinking in public places is illegal here - we have gotten away with it a couple of times, but it's pretty dodgy, and with a large group they will def. be on the lookout for people carrying alcohol around...better off to just head back to the pub - we figured that if there was a line, we could just take it in turns with the people in our group to head back and forth -ie, a couple of us stay in line, couple go have a drink, then swap......that way it's not too boring and you still get a good spot in line......
  • You'd find it easier to have a quiet joint. But again - they're total tight wads on that over here too - fuck the conservatives!

I haven't heard, but they'll probably want $10 a beer in the venue as well - but that's the same everywhere, they rip you off in the venue. Times like this I wish the guitarist from one of my earlier bands lived in his place in East Perth. We had some awesome parties and pre-show gatherings there.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    So what's the general feeling then? My friends and I are probably going to be there say somewhere between 11/11:30.....couple of drinks, maybe something for lunch....then head over to get tix and maybe merch....but was wondering what the deal was after that? From what I saw on the ticketec or ticketmaster or whichever one it was..normal tix (as in not 10c), go in all other gates, NOT gate 1...which in theory means it will only be 10clubbers lining up at that entry....so is the feeling that it is worth lining up from when tix pick up is, or are people going to head back to the Brissy until a bit later?

How many 10clubbers do you think there are going to Perth?

I'm going to get tix first at 1.30 then head to Brizzy.
    I don't know what tix you do have, but I have spare GA Fixer standing, and they ARE entry through gate 1.
    I really can't see myself doing the early entry at 4.15 and staying there till PJ start, on the GA tix it says 8.pm. and I also can't see anyone letting me back to the front if I do leave, what a dilemma.
    What are the laws like in Australia for drinking on the street? Was thinking of carrying a few beers for the queue.

There use to be a law that if your drink was covered up, ie in a brown bag, you got away with it, I don't know if it still stands though.
    Or, one of my tricks, you make friends with the barmaid at the Brizzy and while the Boss isn't looking, they may be kind enough to pour you a couple of beers into softdrink cans, the same with spirits.
    Where there's a will, there's a way..:D :D
  • I've emailed 10c to ask that this event be given official 10c status and it's own sticky on the board. I've also requested that Friends Of Autism be the charity supported at this event and ask if all in attendace can drop into the bucket I will arrange, a gold coin, or the silver change from each drink they buy, then we can support a very worthy cause.

I have nominated this charity in the memory of my dear friend and singer in my old band who was a tireless volunteer for Friends Of Autism and was the first 'healthy' person to die from H1N1 in WA. You may remember the news reports. The donation will be made in her name and 10c.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    I've emailed 10c to ask that this event be given official 10c status and it's own sticky on the board. I've also requested that Friends Of Autism be the charity supported at this event and ask if all in attendace can drop into the bucket I will arrange, a gold coin, or the silver change from each drink they buy, then we can support a very worthy cause.

I have nominated this charity in the memory of my dear friend and singer in my old band who was a tireless volunteer for Friends Of Autism and was the first 'healthy' person to die from H1N1 in WA. You may remember the news reports. The donation will be made in her name and 10c.

expensive weekend its going to be....but definately for a good cause! :mrgreen:
  • Jo wrote:
    What are the laws like in Australia for drinking on the street? Was thinking of carrying a few beers for the queue.

There use to be a law that if your drink was covered up, ie in a brown bag, you got away with it, I don't know if it still stands though.
    Or, one of my tricks, you make friends with the barmaid at the Brizzy and while the Boss isn't looking, they may be kind enough to pour you a couple of beers into softdrink cans, the same with spirits.
    Where there's a will, there's a way..:D :D

Actually this works - but it can be expensive - you could also try buying a couple of bottles of soft drink from the supermarket - tipping out the drink and pre mixing them in the bottles at home, then taking them with you to line up - that way no one knows what you are drinking, and you save a little bit of money.......
  • I'll be lining up all morning. So wont join the party, though I do need an exrta 10C ticket for someone that might join the party?
    George, US (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, CA (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, CA (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, CA (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, CA (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, CA (September 25, 2005)
    Washington,US (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, US (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, US (June 03, 2006)
    George, US (July 22, 2006)
    George, US (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, IR (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, UK (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, AU (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, AU (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, AU (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, AU (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, AU (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, AU (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, AU (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, AU (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, AU (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, AU (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, AU (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, AU (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, AU (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, AU (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, NZ (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, NZ (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, US (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, US (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
    Seattle, WA (August 8, 2018)
    Seattle, WA (August 10, 2018)
    Missoula, MT (August 13 2018)
  • Jo wrote:
    So what's the general feeling then? My friends and I are probably going to be there say somewhere between 11/11:30.....couple of drinks, maybe something for lunch....then head over to get tix and maybe merch....but was wondering what the deal was after that? From what I saw on the ticketec or ticketmaster or whichever one it was..normal tix (as in not 10c), go in all other gates, NOT gate 1...which in theory means it will only be 10clubbers lining up at that entry....so is the feeling that it is worth lining up from when tix pick up is, or are people going to head back to the Brissy until a bit later?

How many 10clubbers do you think there are going to Perth?

I'm going to get tix first at 1.30 then head to Brizzy.
    I don't know what tix you do have, but I have spare GA Fixer standing, and they ARE entry through gate 1.
    I really can't see myself doing the early entry at 4.15 and staying there till PJ start, on the GA tix it says 8.pm. and I also can't see anyone letting me back to the front if I do leave, what a dilemma.

BUGGER!!!!! WEll, I am def. sticking with my earlier plan then.....have a couple of drinks earlier, maybe some lunch, get tix and wristbands, then depending on queue, will take turns with our group lining up and heading to pub! Especially seeing as it's so close - because I am quite happy to do early entry, find my spot and stay there till PJ come on.......where there's a will, there's a way!

I would assume though that despite normal non 10c people lining up at Gate 1, they would have a sep. queue at the same gate for wristband holders to be let in early? Otherwise it would be bedlam come 4:15?

Oh, and I only have 10c tix, I was just going on info from the website.........
  • I've emailed 10c to ask that this event be given official 10c status and it's own sticky on the board. I've also requested that Friends Of Autism be the charity supported at this event and ask if all in attendace can drop into the bucket I will arrange, a gold coin, or the silver change from each drink they buy, then we can support a very worthy cause.

Sounds good - I don't think anyone would have a problem with donating?
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I've emailed 10c to ask that this event be given official 10c status and it's own sticky on the board. I've also requested that Friends Of Autism be the charity supported at this event and ask if all in attendace can drop into the bucket I will arrange, a gold coin, or the silver change from each drink they buy, then we can support a very worthy cause.

Looks like Ill have to drink lots of beers then.

Well done you westies!!!!! What a great fuckin way to start off this tour.

Just make sure that everyone says g'day to each other. Usually with these things everyone (or most) get really shy and never meet others. If you hear anyone introducing themselves as Brendan.......turn the fuck around and say g'day to me........then go get me a beer :lol:

Double thumbs up Perthites :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DonJon wrote:

Just make sure that everyone says g'day to each other. Usually with these things everyone (or most) get really shy and never meet others. If you hear anyone introducing themselves as Brendan.......turn the fuck around and say g'day to me........then go get me a beer :lol:

Hey Brendan, Nice to meet you - hehe - same goes - if you here someone introducing themselves as Sarah, turn the fuck around and say g'day to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANd if you're buying, I'll have a Corona thanks!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • DonJon wrote:

This HAS to be SOCIAL - we must have fun together - not stick to our little groups. And then we go to the GA together and keep the vibe going.
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Well, I'm out for the meet-up...I'm no social butterfly...actually, I'm a recluse who spends all her times indoors and has a trained pet monkey that speaks on my behalf.

Kidding.

Its a pet Iguana.

Paul? I may know you...I grew up in Dunsborough...I always thought I was the only PJ fan in that town :lol:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited November 2009
    An idea, how about we try to get some prizes and have a charity raffle, some competitions etc. To liven up the vibe?

I'm willing to donate a set up similar to my blog site http://pauljam.com and 1 year free hosting as a prize. Anyone else able to offer something to make this a big event.

We only see PJ once every 3-5 years - lets make thus huge!
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Well, I'm out for the meet-up...I'm no social butterfly...actually, I'm a recluse who spends all her times indoors and has a trained pet monkey that speaks on my behalf.

Kidding.

Its a pet Iguana.

Paul? I may know you...I grew up in Dunsborough...I always thought I was the only PJ fan in that town :lol:

I moved here 6 years ago - got fed up with the city and got out of there. Funny, Given To Fly was part of the inspiration behind the move.
  • An idea, how about we try to get some prizes and have a charity raffle, some competitions etc. To liven up the vibe?

I'm willing to donate a set up similar to my blog site http://pauljam.com and 1 year free hosting as a prize. Anyone else able to offer something to make this a big event.

We only see PJ once every 3-5 years - lets make thus huge!
    I'm an artist - I can offer a free commissioned painting........ :)
  • shameless bump
  • Geez, people are quiet on here tonight - People - this time tomorrow it will be exactly 1 week away from all happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the excitement??????? :shock:
    Well, I'm out for the meet-up...I'm no social butterfly...actually, I'm a recluse who spends all her times indoors and has a trained pet monkey that speaks on my behalf.

Kidding.

Its a pet Iguana.

I moved here 6 years ago - got fed up with the city and got out of there. Funny, Given To Fly was part of the inspiration behind the move.
    Ah okay...well, it's a hell of alot better than the city that's for sure. I went to primary and high school down south :)

Well, I may or may not see you lovely people out and about after the gig next Saturday ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    Geez, people are quiet on here tonight - People - this time tomorrow it will be exactly 1 week away from all happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the excitement??????? :shock:
    lifewasted and facebook! :lol:;)
  • I've set up an account on Lifewasted a couple of days ago but the administrator hasn't been bothered to activate my account, which is incredibley crap administrating. There's some post's I really need to respond to as I'm doing this tour last minute. Does anyone know who this guy/girl is and how I would get in touch with them?

Thanks
    xxx
    I've set up an account on Lifewasted a couple of days ago but the administrator hasn't been bothered to activate my account, which is incredibley crap administrating. There's some post's I really need to respond to as I'm doing this tour last minute. Does anyone know who this guy/girl is and how I would get in touch with them?

Thanks
    xxx
    Actually, the admins on lifewasted have stipulated on many occasions that they don't automatically activate accounts, due to the massive amount of spam they receive...it is run by a couple of individuals who use their own money to keep the site going for the few that post there.

You can email the admins and ask them to activate your account, I'm pretty sure their contact details are in FAQ or there's a thread in General Chat, a sticky, that gives you info on how to get your account activated.
  • I've set up an account on Lifewasted a couple of days ago but the administrator hasn't been bothered to activate my account, which is incredibley crap administrating. There's some post's I really need to respond to as I'm doing this tour last minute. Does anyone know who this guy/girl is and how I would get in touch with them?

Thanks
    xxx
    Actually, the admins on lifewasted have stipulated on many occasions that they don't automatically activate accounts, due to the massive amount of spam they receive...it is run by a couple of individuals who use their own money to keep the site going for the few that post there.

You can email the admins and ask them to activate your account, I'm pretty sure their contact details are in FAQ or there's a thread in General Chat, a sticky, that gives you info on how to get your account activated.

Tried and tried... Oh well :(
    I've set up an account on Lifewasted a couple of days ago but the administrator hasn't been bothered to activate my account, which is incredibley crap administrating. There's some post's I really need to respond to as I'm doing this tour last minute. Does anyone know who this guy/girl is and how I would get in touch with them?

Thanks
    xxx

I've been waiting for months, oh well.
    On "Given to fly" they have just started posting Australian spare ticket info on one of the Threads there if that helps. :)
    7 F*#@KING SLEEPS
    AAARRRRGGGGHH!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I win lotto tonight, I'm going to take you all to more shows!
    And don't tell me your already going to lots because I will cry.
  • Thought I would share with you all my dream from last night - which was naturally Pearl Jam related, but still kinda bizarre!

So, I am getting ready to pick up tix at the venue, and we get there, and it's a field (like me stadium), but then as we are walking to where the ticket collection point is, it changes to a building that we are on the second level of, like a pub balcony, so we walk all the way to this doorway, and somehow we already have tickets, and we open this door....and it's just a normal house on the inside! So we walk down this little hallway, and open a door to what I am assuming is a loungeroom, and it's like this fully furnished room, and has a stage set up at one end.....small, but big at the same time....and I start to get really excited because I realise that all my stressing over being at the front was ridiculous because it's just a loungeroom so they are doing a really small venue! So we decide to talk a walk outside, and start walking down this undercover pathway, kind of like the type you see in highschools, and then we KEEP walking and there's like a carpark undercover and we are back to needing to be at the ticket collection point! But there is a whole heap of girls already lining up at this doorway (like the kind you see at the edges of carparks somewhere like Ikea or something), and they are getting into a cab....piling all their luggage in the car, and I ask what's going on and they tell me that they are going to London to see Pearl Jam....but Pearl Jam are playing here today...so I am spewin a little but when they leave I figure hey, I am right at the front, so doesnt matter! Then we sit down to wait it out, and we are all of a sudden in a queue inside a building (like the inside perimiter of a sports stadium), and there are all these people lining up at a door, then there is a door next to it that has an E on the floor in front of it, and that's where we are lining up.....and we get hungry and thirsty so we buy food from a vending machine around the corner, and there is a water machine so we get a drink, and sit down to wait, and then some people ahead of us move out of line, so we move up....and we get a glimpse of the inside of the venue, and it's gone from being a tiny little loungeroom to a huge sports field,......then I woke up!!!!

I think I have a Pearl Jam problem - waaaaay to single minded at the moment...lucky people on here understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Jo wrote:
    7 F*#@KING SLEEPS
    AAARRRRGGGGHH!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I win lotto tonight, I'm going to take you all to more shows!
    And don't tell me your already going to lots because I will cry.

I love you! :D (that's just a butter you up kinda thing, cause if you win lotto tonight, I want to be first on your list!!!!!! )...... :lol:

7 sleeps - OMG!!!! No wonder I am having strange concert dreams!!!! :lol: