2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    LOVES IT!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Whizbang wrote:
    I know...I have to cut some slack for that. He's not a great runner anyway so knee surgery and the brace ain't helping him much. I'll still take him over that autistic two toed sloth Bledsoe..... ;)

poking around some stats earlier this week ... I noticed Brady is creeping up on the all time Patriots passing leaders ...

Bledsoe - 29,657 yards
    Brady - 28,810 yards (coming into this game)
    Grogan - 26,886 yards

He should pass Bledsoe later this year!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    I know...I have to cut some slack for that. He's not a great runner anyway so knee surgery and the brace ain't helping him much. I'll still take him over that autistic two toed sloth Bledsoe..... ;)

poking around some stats earlier this week ... I noticed Brady is creeping up on the all time Patriots passing leaders ...

Bledsoe - 29,657 yards
    Brady - 28,810 yards (coming into this game)
    Grogan - 26,886 yards

He should pass Bledsoe later this year!

sweet! I don't hate Bledsoe. I grew to like & understand football watching the Pats with Bledsoe in the early 90s...when they sucked. We cut Bledsoe slack for a lot of years "he's young". He was a class act when Brady stepped in and earned the starting QB job from him. He just didn't have that "it" factor to put it all together. And....from my own personal observation, he had no ass which resulted in him not being able to run.

while typing all of this...I did see the sack on Manning, the huge catch by Watson and the TD by Edelman. 24 unanswered points. loves it....

but...let's not get complacent....Indy has a way of burning us when we put up lots of points in the first half.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

Whizbang wrote:
    but...let's not get complacent....Indy has a way of burning us when we put up lots of points in the first half.

You know the words are coming out of his mouth ...

SIXTY MINUTES!!! SIXTY MINUTES!!!

New-England-Patriots-head-002.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

You know the words are coming out of his mouth ...

SIXTY MINUTES!!! SIXTY MINUTES!!!

New-England-Patriots-head-002.jpg

EXACTLY!

WTF

I hate stupid penalties.
    nice, just fire up Indy with a defensive pass interference call....

... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that, Manning comes right back.

Not shocking at all to be honest.

Let's see if the Pats can get some more points before halftime.

ok, good first half.

Get the ball first in the 2nd half.

Would love a 1st possession score forthe Pats there.

jimed14 wrote:
    ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that, Manning comes right back.

Not shocking at all to be honest.

Let's see if the Pats can get some more points before halftime.

would have liked at least another 3 before the half but at least the D held Indy to no additional points...

onward to the 2nd half.....

UGH. That Maroney fumble is a huge kick in the balls.

Shame on NBC for running to commercial and not even showing the play again. (I'm praying he was down, but doubt it).

They've been horrible tonight. Missing plays because they are showing graphics or replays. Just awful coverage.

• lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    here we go again!
    TD Indi!
    :cry:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    It's NEVER easy when it's the Colts. NEVER. grrrrrr.

jimed14 wrote:
    UGH. That Maroney fumble is a huge kick in the balls.

/quote]

Maroney is the Gagne of football..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    we need another Indi turnover..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Did I mention ... yes, yes I did .....
    jimed14 wrote:
    It's NEVER easy when it's the Colts. NEVER. grrrrrr.

• I can't believe they would have the audacity to go for it on that 4th down.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    WHAT ....... THE .......... FUCK ?

the Patriots don't have a timeout ... they can't challenge ... correct?

No they can't ... this makes Andy Reid look like a genius.

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited November 2009
    OMG !!! I said the samething !! ^^^ :lol::lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    one of the most horrendous 2 minutes by this team in a long time, it started with those timeouts taken.

• I would have punted on that 4th and 2, but I'm sure I'm not breaking any new ground with that observation....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • I would have punted on that 4th and 2, but I'm sure I'm not breaking any new ground with that observation....
    Especially at your own 30yd line

Beyond stupid call

Anxiously awaiting the Hoodie's post game presser where he says he bumped his head before the game.

The most fucktarded decision making by a coach in a long time.

• call a timeout to start a drive then call your last timeout before u make the worst coaching decesion in nfl history. that will seriously go down as the worst move ever,his smug attitude makes me sick.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • call a timeout to start a drive then call your last timeout before u make the worst coaching decesion in nfl history. that will seriously go down as the worst move ever,his smug attitude makes me sick.

Did you type this in the wrong thread ?

Oh no wait ;)

• That was so awesome. God I hate Belicheck and it serves him right to lose that game. I love that big brother Peyton stuck it right up his ass. Eli made him pay the last time he mad a really dumb call on fourth down and now big bro did it tonight.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.

Oh no wait ;)
    Andy Reid right have alot of bad moments but theres nothing he could do to top this one.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    ouch...losing a game when you put up 460 yards sucks...but he wasn't completely wrong in going for it. Punt the ball and give the ball with the 2 minute warning and a timeout to Peyton Manning, or get 2 yards and win the game. Besides Manning still had to go 30 yards to win it. Though some of you are complaining about this being the worst coaching move ever, I do believe Jimmy Johnson did something very similar against the Eagles in the early 90s and he may have been the best all-around coach of all time (one of two people with a college NC and Super Bowl).
    call a timeout to start a drive then call your last timeout before u make the worst coaching decesion in nfl history. that will seriously go down as the worst move ever,his smug attitude makes me sick.

Oh no wait ;)
    Andy Reid right have alot of bad moments but theres nothing he could do to top this one.

eh, going for the field goal last week down by 7, no time outs left and 4 minutes left was pretty fucking stupid as well.

At least the Patriots tried to win the game with the ball in their hands.

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    jimed14 wrote:

eh, going for the field goal last week down by 7, no time outs left and 4 minutes left was pretty fucking stupid as well.

At least the Patriots tried to win the game with the ball in their hands.
    exactly...who here among us wouldn't have done the same thing in Madden against someone they knew they couldn't stop?