2009 New England Patriots thread

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Anyone else geared up for what should be a great season for us?!?

2009 Sechedule:

9/14, vs. Bills, 7:00pm ESPN; W 24-25
9/20, @ Jets, 1:00pm CBS; L 7-16
9/27, vs. Falcons, 1:00pm FOX; W 10-26
10/4, vs. Ravens, 1:00pm CBS; W 21-27
10/11, @ Broncos, 4:15pm CBS; L 17-20(OT)
10/18, vs. Titans, 4:15pm CBS; W 0-59
10/25, @ Buccaneers (London, England), 1:00pm CBS; W 35-7
11/1, BYE
11/8, vs. Dolphins, 1:00pm CBS; W 17-27
11/15, @ Colts, 8:20pm NBC; L 34-35
11/22, vs. Jets, 4:15pm CBS; W 14-31
11/30, @ Saints, 8:30pm ESPN; L 17-38
12/6, @ Dolphins, 1:00 CBS; L 21-22
12/13, vs. Panthers, 1:00pm FOX; W 10-20
12/20, @ Bills, 1:00pm CBS; W 17-10
12/27, vs. Jaguars, 1:00pm CBS; W 7-35
1/3, @ Texans, 1:00pm CBS
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rotten JoeRotten Joe Posts: 32
    I'm a Bucs fan,see you in London baby!
  • Rotten Joe wrote:
    id be pissed if my team lost a home game.. :D but yeah, see you there!

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Rotten Joe wrote:

After that hideous trip to London they should have a BYE week to rest.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    We should just go ahead and delete this thread! :)
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Yowza....can you say 16-0 again?

Granted some teams always surprise, but as of right now I don't see any team on that schedule that matches up with NE in all, or most aspects.
    Happiness is only real when shared
    We should just go ahead and delete this thread! :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Yowza....can you say 16-0 again?

Granted some teams always surprise, but as of right now I don't see any team on that schedule that matches up with NE in all, or most aspects.

well, they may very break the NFL scoring record (again) with additions like Galloway and Taylor in the fold .. .but, my fear is, they may break the NFL record for most points allowed ... their defense appears to be very suspect heading into the season. Every year we hope for the usual take a bunch of mish mosh pieces and never were prospect rookies and get by .... this year has got me a tad concerned ... hell, they're talking about resigning Willie McGinest!

it's only July, we'll see.

some friends form back home are making a trip to New Orleans, I may be joining them.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    oh ... and don't forget ... for these 4 games ...

* Monday, Sept. 14: Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots (ESPN, 7 p.m.)
    * Sunday, Oct. 11: New England Patriots at Denver Broncos (CBS, 4:15 p.m.)
    * Sunday, Oct. 18: Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots (CBS, 4:15 p.m.)
    * Sunday, Dec. 6: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (NBC, 8:20 p.m.)

... the Pats will be wearing the AFL throwbacks marking the 50 year anniversary of the AFL ...

Pat Patriot is back!

pat_patriot2.jpg

brady_tom1128.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    edited July 2009
    Hey this thread makes me think of a big Patriots fanboy whose username was NOCODE#1 on the old pit. Anyone know if he's okay? I think he might have offed himself when the Pats lost the Super Bowl to the Giants.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Go Pats!!!!!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    jimed14 wrote:

... the Pats will be wearing the AFL throwbacks marking the 50 year anniversary of the AFL ...

Pat Patriot is back!

pat_patriot2.jpg

brady_tom1128.jpg

I still to this day prefer that logo.

Peace

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Pat Patriot is back!

pat_patriot2.jpg

brady_tom1128.jpg

I still to this day prefer that logo.

Peace

I love almost all of the throwbacks too...especially the Bills.

I don't however, care much for this recreation of the New England logo...

patsfail330.png
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    My dad just moved to Tampa, and I'm pissed that the 1 time in 6 years they'll be guaranteed to play there, they're going to London. Anyways, very psyched for that season, especially once the first half is in the books of week 1 and Brady's in one piece.
    Former pro-bowler added to the LB corp .... last time the Pats picked up a disgruntled Raider for draft picks, it was Randy Moss (and that only cost us a 3rd round).

Patriots trade for Derrick Burgess

The Patriots just announced via their Twitter feed that they have traded for Oakland defensive end Derrick Burgess and released veteran offensive lineman Al Johnson.

The team said the deal was made for "undisclosed draft considerations."

The 6-2, 260-pound Burgess will likely be an outside linebacker and situational pass rusher in the Patriots' 3-4 defense.

A veteran of eight NFL seasons, Burgess has 47 career sacks. He led the NFL in sacks in 2005 during his first season in Oakland (16) to make his first Pro Bowl. He made it back-to-back appearances in 2006, when had he 11 sacks.

Burgess started his career with the Philadelphia Eagles (2001-2004) before going to Oakland as a free agent in 2005.

The 30-year-old Burgess, who is in the final year of a five-year deal, carries a $2 million base salary for 2009.

He had been boycotting Raiders training camp to try to force the Raiders to give him a new deal, release him or trade him.

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jimed14 wrote:
    Former pro-bowler added to the LB corp .... last time the Pats picked up a disgruntled Raider for draft picks, it was Randy Moss (and that only cost us a 3rd round).

Patriots trade for Derrick Burgess

The Patriots just announced via their Twitter feed that they have traded for Oakland defensive end Derrick Burgess and released veteran offensive lineman Al Johnson.

The team said the deal was made for "undisclosed draft considerations."

The 6-2, 260-pound Burgess will likely be an outside linebacker and situational pass rusher in the Patriots' 3-4 defense.

A veteran of eight NFL seasons, Burgess has 47 career sacks. He led the NFL in sacks in 2005 during his first season in Oakland (16) to make his first Pro Bowl. He made it back-to-back appearances in 2006, when had he 11 sacks.

Burgess started his career with the Philadelphia Eagles (2001-2004) before going to Oakland as a free agent in 2005.

The 30-year-old Burgess, who is in the final year of a five-year deal, carries a $2 million base salary for 2009.

He had been boycotting Raiders training camp to try to force the Raiders to give him a new deal, release him or trade him.

Hell Yeah!
    Defense is what wins championships or atleast it's a start.

Peace

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Hopefully the Colts and Pats will both be at full strength when they meet. It wasn't the same without Brady last year (and I'm a Colts fan).
  • Jason P wrote:
    Hopefully the Colts and Pats will both be at full strength when they meet. It wasn't the same without Brady last year (and I'm a Colts fan).
    you guys are screwed this year. i think houston is the stronger team in that division. but you guys mgically pull out playoff runs out of mannings ass so i wouldnt be to worried.

i always look foward to pats/colts

• the season can't start fast enough!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    the season can't start fast enough!

Especially cause every time I turn on the TV the sox are either getting blown out, or losing on the last at bat.
  • Wilds wrote:

Especially cause every time I turn on the TV the sox are either getting blown out, or losing on the last at bat.

LOL exactly.

By the way, you knew this was coming:

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2 ... ils_1.html
    Wilds wrote:

LOL exactly.

By the way, you knew this was coming:

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2 ... ils_1.html

Give me the cash I could die tomorrow. Plus I can watch the PATRIOTS on TV.

Peace

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Jets will piss all over the Pats this year ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

That's fine just as long as the Patriots whip the Jets asses. :D

Peace

The Champ wrote:

oh dear, not this again.

Who was the joker last year that was all in the Pats thread claiming the Jets were going to win the AFC east with Favre, gloating after Brady went down, antagonized us to no end, made countless posts leading up to the first matchup .... and essentially quit the board after the Pats beat the Jets early in the season?

Jets should be pretty decent on defense this year, but, a rookie QB? Or Kellen Clemens ... that can't be good.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I don't see any team on that schedule that matches up with NE in all, or most aspects.

hmmmm, didn't they say that about the Giants. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

oh dear, not this again.

Who was the joker last year that was all in the Pats thread claiming the Jets were going to win the AFC east with Favre, gloating after Brady went down, antagonized us to no end, made countless posts leading up to the first matchup .... and essentially quit the board after the Pats beat the Jets early in the season?

Jets should be pretty decent on defense this year, but, a rookie QB? Or Kellen Clemens ... that can't be good.

If I can remember that chap I believe his name was HatredThrownDown and one of the thread he started was Kharma Is A Bitch.

Disappeared he did and that was very funny :lol: Like he just dropped off the face of the earth never to be heard from again.

Peace

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    g under p wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

That's fine just as long as the Patriots whip the Jets asses. :D

Peace

Yeah, probably going to be a long Jet season again. At least my Mets are having a great year..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    So Brady is indeed going to start on Thursday against Philly, that's cool, he seems amped to go. If you've seen Mike Reiss' camp reports on Boston.com, he appears to be in complete control of the offense again. Seriously hope that's not an indictment on how bad the D is going to be this year.

And ESPN (hwarf) is still pushing this Vick possibility to the Pats. I just don't see it, at all. Unless he can play DB.

• jimed14 wrote:
    So Brady is indeed going to start on Thursday against Philly, that's cool, he seems amped to go. If you've seen Mike Reiss' camp reports on Boston.com, he appears to be in complete control of the offense again. Seriously hope that's not an indictment on how bad the D is going to be this year.

And ESPN (hwarf) is still pushing this Vick possibility to the Pats. I just don't see it, at all. Unless he can play DB.

tmz said vick is in chi town.