2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Just heard that Jerod Mayo should be back this week ... nice!

Big game in Denver.

5th game of the season and it's the 5th straight undefeated team they've had to play.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RW81233 wrote:
    67 shoved him on the top of the back, he starts going faster and moving downward from there so he wasn't coming that way completely on his own accord...I will say I didn't notice the elbow thing not cool. Although the thought of Tommy writhing in pain is always somewhat appealing for someone whose in-laws would eat the corn out of his shit.

EDIT...I've watched this thing like 15 times now, and he doesn't drop the 'bow until after he's by redshirt Brady. How about you/I try an experiment where you find someone who weighs 250 lbs, runs fast, get pushed in the top of the back and try missing hitting someone then lands safely. I'm pretty sure it'd look something like that, but I can admit that I hate Brady so I could be wrong.

we must be watching different things then. I don't see how he's pushed into Brady...just don't see it. I see a running start going after Brady and clipping the knee. Maybe he didn't see Brady throw the ball and still had it..which if that's the case you tackle him. You don't drop the elbow to the knee, which is a foul. You're implying like he was shoved into Brady and could not avoid the low blow, which if you really watched this 15 times you'll honestly know that it isn't the case.
  • jimed14 wrote:

Big game in Denver.

5th game of the season and it's the 5th straight undefeated team they've had to play.

nice on Mayo. I say if we can beat Baltimore, we can beat Denver. Orton doesn't really impress me that much.
    jimed14 wrote:

Big game in Denver.

nice on Mayo. I say if we can beat Baltimore, we can beat Denver. Orton doesn't really impress me that much.

well, Baltimore was at home, this is in Denver. Going to be a good game.

The only thing that doesn't impress me thus far is the Bronco defense ... they haven't played a tough team yet ... so, I don't care if they have one of the lowest scored upon defenses after 4 games in so many years ... holding KC, Oakland and Dallas to minimal points doesn't impress me.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    OMGoodness what in the world is DENVER wearing?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It's supposed to be throwback. But I throw-up a little in my mouth every time I look at their uniforms.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Whizbang wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It's supposed to be throwback. But I throw-up a little in my mouth every time I look at their uniforms.

It looks fine to me as long as they keep getting beat like this. Brady get that timing down will ya, Moss needs the hook up for a TD.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It looks fine to me as long as they keep getting beat like this. Brady get that timing down will ya, Moss needs the hook up for a TD.

Peace[/quote

Seriously....overthrew that one to Moss....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

Belichick loses the hoodie and is donning a big puffy coat and a pompom hat ... he looks like my dad going out to shovel the driveway. :D

WTF is going on with our D right now?!?!?!

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:
    67 shoved him on the top of the back, he starts going faster and moving downward from there so he wasn't coming that way completely on his own accord...I will say I didn't notice the elbow thing not cool. Although the thought of Tommy writhing in pain is always somewhat appealing for someone whose in-laws would eat the corn out of his shit.

EDIT...I've watched this thing like 15 times now, and he doesn't drop the 'bow until after he's by redshirt Brady. How about you/I try an experiment where you find someone who weighs 250 lbs, runs fast, get pushed in the top of the back and try missing hitting someone then lands safely. I'm pretty sure it'd look something like that, but I can admit that I hate Brady so I could be wrong.

we must be watching different things then. I don't see how he's pushed into Brady...just don't see it. I see a running start going after Brady and clipping the knee. Maybe he didn't see Brady throw the ball and still had it..which if that's the case you tackle him. You don't drop the elbow to the knee, which is a foul. You're implying like he was shoved into Brady and could not avoid the low blow, which if you really watched this 15 times you'll honestly know that it isn't the case.
    watch Kazur's (sp?) arms and not the rusher. Why would they be extended if he didn't push the guy? I'm pretty sure he doesn't walk around with his arms out if he isn't making contact. Oh well not a big deal, the Pats could easily be 5-0 or 1-4 it's just the nature of the NFL I guess. A bunch of so-so teams get into close games, and little things matter.

Anyway, what is it with the Pats against the Broncos? The only time they ever beat them under Brady is when they did that take a safety thing a few years back right? It's really the only place I've seen the luck of the Pats go out the window (see: Champ Bailey's non-touchback fumble in the playoffs, and the Pats fumbling twice in a row yesterday). Either way this game gives me confidence that the Wild Turkey bet I made with a Pats fan after that Broncos playoff game is going to be a victory. The bet is that the Pats will not win 2 SBs before 2011, which means they gotta take 2 of the next 3 thanks to Ole Massa Eli and the Giants.
    Well, despite the refs giving the Jets a ridiculous P.I. call late in the 4th quarter, the Jets still lost last night ... so, the Pats are still tied atop the AFC East.

Need to pull their heads out of their asses though. Team is a bit undisciplined ... several unsportsman like calls .. and shit, Brady missed about 2 or 3 touchdown throws.

Stilll got time to fix this, but, I hate these losses to AFC teams ... creates these tiebreaker scenarios that will fuck them like last year.

Tennessee @ home this week ... let's get this one boys.

• Who needs Sunday ticket?? Here in Atlanta I'm getting the Pats for the 5th time of 6 weeks this season.
    59-0....unreal.....

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This helps us get over that Denver debacle.
    Wilds wrote:

yup.....
    2minute warning in the Bills/Jets game. Bills going for a FG.....

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Whizbang wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

yup.....
    2minute warning in the Bills/Jets game. Bills going for a FG.....

'Wide Right' hurts a little more in Buffalo than anywhere else on earth.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Whizbang wrote:
    59-0....unreal.....
    What an absolute shellacking!!!
    The PATRIOTS need to play in snow conditions more often. They needed this release on a team. Did Randy Moss catch a TD pass?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    The PATRIOTS need to play in snow conditions more often. They needed this release on a team. Did Randy Moss catch a TD pass?

Peace

I believe he caught 2

and finally...the Bills put the Jets away. Pats on top of the AFC east.

So ... are we going to go from "The Pats are history, they are through!" striaght back to "Belichick and Brady are assholes for running up the score," comments form the Pats haters? ;)

What the fuck has happened to the Titans? Really, this team was 13 - 3 last year? Sure, they lost Haynesworth, but, damn ... that was one of the more pathetic efforts on a football field I've seen in a while. Too bad, I really like Jeff Fischer too.

Let's hope the London BS doesn't affect the Pats next week as they face an equally poor Tampa team.

can i say yes they are history, and yes bellytits is an asshole?
    RW81233 wrote:
    can i say yes they are history, and yes bellytits is an asshole?

you can, but, we've stopped caring about your feelings towards the Pats long ago.

hahaha....but you said you wanted to know what the haters thought. ;)
    One of Joey's 7 receptions as a Patriot ... so long Joey, sorry you aren't making the trip to London, actually, I'm not, what a disappointment you were.

21jets_450.jpg

Nice to see Brandon Meriweather becoming a quality contributor ... 2 picks today, one for a TD.

21__1256493710_1602.jpg

Heading into the bye at 5 - 2 ... but some tough games ahead ...

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Dude, during Toni Braxton's terrible version of the anthem they showed Moss with his helmet off and my god does the man either have herpes growing from his neck or have to trim up some really strange neck hair.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dude, during Toni Braxton's terrible version of the anthem they showed Moss with his helmet off and my god does the man either have herpes growing from his neck or have to trim up some really strange neck hair.

Didn't see Moss but I completely agree that Toni Braxton's anthem was one of the worst I've heard in a long time ... wow. So bad.

Moss could have festering sores growing out if his ears and nose and I wouldn't give a crap as long as he does what he does. I'm never going to shag the guy, I just cheer for him.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Didn't see Moss but I completely agree that Toni Braxton's anthem was one of the worst I've heard in a long time ... wow. So bad.

Moss could have festering sores growing out if his ears and nose and I wouldn't give a crap as long as he does what he does. I'm never going to shag the guy, I just cheer for him.

LOL

It was so gross, I was going to take a picture but couldn't find my camera.
    Dear lord ...

WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT! WILDCAT!

WILDCAT!!!!

Shut up already!

Everyone keeps pointing back at week 3 last year, and claiming the Dolphins have the Pats number ... yet, they fail to realize that the Pats went down to Miami later in the year and smoked them 48-28 ... oh, and they didn't have BRADY last year.

They've had the bye week to prepare for this game.

Sure, they might throw a pass or two out of the wildcat and get a score here or there ... but, please. The Wildcat is so freakin' overrated ... it hasn't worked with any great success this year.

Marshall Faulk just picked the Dolphins. Awesome. Well done Marshall.

Finally, can somoene please knock Joey Porter's dick in the dirt today? Thank you.