2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    MrSmith wrote:
    hmm. i dont know if he was panicked or maybe he just didn't decide to call it until 4th down. he should have ran it though. i hate it when teams throw on 4th down when they need 1 or 2 yards anyway. i think they could have made it if they ran.

it doesnt matter anyway. i think the Colts had figured them out.

a play fake might have been nice ... at least a guy in the backfield to make the defense think about a run.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    FIANLLY ... SUNDAY!

Let's put a beat down on the Jets and put last week behind us.

Darn ... the annual November late game vs the Jets ... I want the game on now.

GO PATS!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    24-7 at the half with that blocked punt.
    last week is last week, game over....I stopped crying about it Monday.
    However, I did break out a box of tissues for Rex Ryan....just in case. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Whizbang wrote:

:lol::lol: Yeah, Cryin Ryan :lol::lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Whizbang wrote:

seriously....he needs to check his skirt.
    There's no crying in football!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

Whizbang wrote:

except for Dick Vermeil ... we don't mind if he cries.

Got a little dicey in the 3rd quarter, but, Dirty Sanchez showed up just in time to throw a few more picks. :mrgreen:

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    This isn't your early 2000s Patriots...how did they let the Jets get back into this?
    Oh, in the quest for the #2 seed in the playoffs ...

Cincy loses
    Pittsburgh loses
    Denver loses (the Pats don't hold the head to head with them in a tie breaker, so, we would rather have the Chargers win the west)

Good day for the Pats ... provided some of these injured guys can start coming back.

RW81233 wrote:
    This isn't your early 2000s Patriots...how did they let the Jets get back into this?

well, they never got closer than 10 points.

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Whizbang wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

As a Jet fan, I completely agree...the ny media was all over it of course..bitch to put up with all week. Anyway, as for the game, what game? Seriously, there is no game when our rookie QB throws 4 fucking awful interceptions. Oh well, really wasn't expecting much this year with a rookie QB and head coach...and obviously even less so after our best player, Washington, went down with a season ending injury..also not to mention fatso is no longer in the middle to stuff the run..

See you fuckers next year..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

They were up 24 and didn't sniff the end zone in the 2nd half, with the exception of a 35 yard drive set up by the idiot QB for the Jets. Plus didn't the Jets have the ball and were "driving" inside Pats territory somewhere in the 3rd period. I don't know I just remember a time when the Pats had a 24 point lead there was a 0 percent chance of me turning back to that game for the chance of a comeback.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

They were up 24 and didn't sniff the end zone in the 2nd half, with the exception of a 35 yard drive set up by the idiot QB for the Jets. Plus didn't the Jets have the ball and were "driving" inside Pats territory somewhere in the 3rd period. I don't know I just remember a time when the Pats had a 24 point lead there was a 0 percent chance of me turning back to that game for the chance of a comeback.
    the pats are solid.. they blocked a punt to get a td and kicked a field goal.. thats not really getting close.. we had that game the whole way, never once did the jets have a chance with the way nacho head was throwing.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    You know, the Jets have a half decent defense ... 31 is the most they've given up all season, the Pats were also dealing with O-line injuries ... and again, the lead was never under 10.

On to New Orleans.

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Oh and I almost forgot..one and maybe the only bright spot for me was seeing Revis shut down Moss..that was nice, though it opened things up for that little annoying white dude running mad all over the fucking place..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Monster game from Welker; Maroney was awesome as well and the defense was great with 4 picks on Sanchez.

Can't wait for next week's game versus the Saints. Lets end their undefeated streak!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    :thumbup: :clap: Yay!! :D:mrgreen: Some Good News!!! :clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    ok...

time to "Man-up", "Cowboy up"!... "Take it to the next level" .. etc..

who's with me?

and note to the team:

"TRY A SCREEN PASS once in a while for God's sake!

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I was wondering when one of the fans here would bring back this thread.

Well as you know huge game tonight and winning this game on the ROAD will go a long way as to how far the Patriots will when and if they make the playoffs. Screen pass or any other play that will get them a WIN I'll take that for sure. According to ESPN more than 56% think the Saints will win this ball game, I believe the Patriots will win.

Now LET'S GO PATRIOTS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• cannot wait for tonight!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Back form Cabo and still getting over my post vacation jet lag/hangover ... but, excited for this game.

Huge game with regard of the quest of the #2 seed in the AFC ... both Cincy and San Diego winning yesterday.

Hopefully it ends like the last game the Pats played in the Superdome ...

t_30784.jpg

Awesome first drive bad turnover with all the momentum, just holdem defense.

Great game so far.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

somebody missed their assignment....ya think?

Stay calm everybody, there's plenty of time. The Saints will make mistakes too.

Peace

How the heck do the Colts get pass interference call on Sunday vs the Texans when NO ONE touched the receiver yet, the Pats can't get a holding call when the defender rips Welker's jersey off 10 yards down the field? Unreal.

Well ... as soon as I type it, the Pats get a makeup call.

g under p wrote:
    Stay calm everybody, there's plenty of time. The Saints will make mistakes too.

Peace

keep it together, keep it together, keep it together...

trying.... ;)

Well they won the first half now the Patriots just have to win the second and most important half.

Peace

Oh what the fuck! This game is rigged, I'm sure of it. Hardly any penalties against the Saints D. That Welker holding was blatant. Well, if the Saints can score 24 points in the first half, then the Pats can score 24 or more points in the second half. Although it doesn't help when you're field goal kicker can't hit a chip shot in a fucking dome when he seems to hit 50 yarders in the snow at home. Man I'm frustrated now. Keep it together guys. The Pats have always been a second half team. Prove it!

All I can say now is that IF the Saints win, I hope that the Colts and the Saints stay undefeated throughout the reg season and the playoffs so that they can meet each other in the Superbowl. Because if that happens, one of them has to lose. Two teams can't stay undefeated for a whole season.

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Oh man, a major ass-whooping by the Saints here tonight.

Brees pretty much had his way with the secondary. It took Peyton the 4th quarter before he pick apart the Pats' defense. The Saints look unstoppable right now.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    This team reminds me of the 2005 team ... can smoke the crappy teams, but lose big games and the defense comes up real short in those big games.

That season ended in Denver ... which, could be where this one is heading (or San Diego).