2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

eh, going for the field goal last week down by 7, no time outs left and 4 minutes left was pretty fucking stupid as well.

At least the Patriots tried to win the game with the ball in their hands.
    exactly...who here among us wouldn't have done the same thing in Madden against someone they knew they couldn't stop?

it's not an absolutely horrible call in retrocpect ... the usage of the timeouts, leaving themselves none, so they couldn't challenge the spot of the Faulk catch, that annoys me more than actually going for it.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

eh, going for the field goal last week down by 7, no time outs left and 4 minutes left was pretty fucking stupid as well.

exactly...who here among us wouldn't have done the same thing in Madden against someone they knew they couldn't stop?

HaHa!!

"The No Punt Rule no matter what the situation !"
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WEEI is fun right now for a Boston Hater. People are bugging out.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • bill belicheck shouldnt have let brady talk him into that.. with that being said.. it looked like a fucking first down.. the refs love kissing his ass.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

it's not an absolutely horrible call in retrocpect ... the usage of the timeouts, leaving themselves none, so they couldn't challenge the spot of the Faulk catch, that annoys me more than actually going for it.

Come on...with that field position you can't go for it

Maybe even at midfield or their 40yd line try it

No confidence in his D obviously

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

i agree with you, but who thinks about the fact that you can't challenge when going for a game ending first down? obviously belichek was going "all in" on the play so i'm pretty sure time outs and challenges were of no importance at that point. i can't believe i am defending that asshole and his suckhole team, but i agreed with what he did.
  • eh, going for the field goal last week down by 7, no time outs left and 4 minutes left was pretty fucking stupid as well.

At least the Patriots tried to win the game with the ball in their hands.[/quote][/quote]
    Are u serious???? Wow that might the worst comparsion ever. 4 minutes and change compared to 4th and 2 from your own 28 with just about 2 minutes left.. Seriously im sure u hate philly teams and fans but u cant compare the 2. Andy REID MAKES HORRIBLE DECESIONS but never has he been so cocky and stupid to cost his team a game they had in the bag.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I prefer they punt ... but ... what gives you the better chance of winning?

going for it and cementing the win if you gain 2 yards ... and if you don't make it, Manning has to go 30 yards

or

Making Manning go 65 - 70 yards with 1:45 left

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    edited November 2009
    Are u serious???? Wow that might the worst comparsion ever. 4 minutes and change compared to 4th and 2 from your own 28 with just about 2 minutes left.. Seriously im sure u hate philly teams and fans but u cant compare the 2. Andy REID MAKES HORRIBLE DECESIONS but never has he been so cocky and stupid to cost his team a game they had in the bag.

4 minutes and change means nothing when you have no times outs. all Dallas needed was one first down and they could run the clock out.

The field goal made it a 4 point difference, Philly still needed to get a TD.

What gave Reid the better chance of winning, going for it on that 4th down or trying a field goal and not allowing only one first down?
    Post edited by jimed14 on

• jimed14 wrote:

going for it and cementing the win if you gain 2 yards ... and if you don't make it, Manning has to go 30 yards

or

LOL
    Go Birds!!!!
  • jimed14 wrote:

or

Its pretty obvious make them work for it

Manning threw 2 picks already maybe he throws another ?

This isnt the Eagles in the RED ZONE its the COLTS!

• jimed14 wrote:

or

im still speechless.. oh well.. we have our division.. and we'll get em back in the postseason :)

fuck that i can't smile :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry::cry::cry:

again, I said "I prefer they punt".

• jimed14 wrote:

4 minutes and change means nothing when you have no times outs. all Dallas needed was one first down and they could run the clock out.

The field goal made it a 4 point difference, they still needed to get a TD.

What gave Reid the better chance of winning, going for it on that 4th down or trying a field goal and not allowing only one first down?
    I cant even argue with u. Its pointless since u have no concept of reality.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • bill belicheck shouldnt have let brady talk him into that.. with that being said.. it looked like a fucking first down.. the refs love kissing his ass.

I sure hope you're not insinuating that the refs love kissing Manning's ass.

Nobody gets their dick sucked more often by the refs than Brady. It's actually quite embarrassing and cute at the same time.
    jimed14 wrote:

I cant even argue with u. Its pointless since u have no concept of reality.

so, what's your breakdown of Andy Reids call to kick the field goal last week.

AGAIN, I said, I prefer the Pats to punt in that situation tonight, it's just not as clear cut a decision as it seems.

Nobody gets their dick sucked more often by the refs than Brady. It's actually quite embarrassing and cute at the same time.
    nfl_g_brady_580.jpg

bill belicheck shouldnt have let brady talk him into that.. with that being said.. it looked like a fucking first down.. the refs love kissing his ass.

nfl_g_brady_580.jpg

While I don't agree with it at all, the rule was in the books and that call was called correctly.

I'm glad the rule is gone.

bill belicheck shouldnt have let brady talk him into that.. with that being said.. it looked like a fucking first down.. the refs love kissing his ass.

nfl_g_brady_580.jpg
    ahhh remember when the refs made up a completely new rule that the announcers spent an entire offseason trying to convince us existed forever?
    RW81233 wrote:
    ahhh remember when the refs made up a completely new rule that the announcers spent an entire offseason trying to convince us existed forever?

the rule existed, I've heard Mike Perrera, the head of the NFL officiating, explain it many times.

jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

the rule existed, I've heard Mike Perrera, the head of the NFL officiating, explain it many times.
    now that it's happened several times since wouldn't you think that if the rule existed it would have been called before and would have been generally understood? i mean that was almost 10 years ago so who cares at this point, but c'mon that was a joke.
  • well if the pats can get by new york and new orleans.. we have a pretty solid chance of winning out and going 13-3.. 12-4.

• 4 minutes and change means nothing when you have no times outs. all Dallas needed was one first down and they could run the clock out.

What gave Reid the better chance of winning, going for it on that 4th down or trying a field goal and not allowing only one first down?[/quote]
    I cant even argue with u. Its pointless since u have no concept of reality.[/quote]

AGAIN, I said, I prefer the Pats to punt in that situation tonight, it's just not as clear cut a decision as it seems.[/quote]
    It wasnt the right move,but at least he gave his team a chance. And dont say thats what beliechk was doing cause thats not the case. if the d dosent allow 2 1st downs against dallas then we would have still had a chance to drive. But to go for it on a 4th down on YOUR OWN 28 with Peyton Manning licking his chops is nuts. Reid gave his d which played great all game a chance to stop Dallas. Unfortunately they didnt stop them and lost. Beliechk had NO confidence in his D and will try and sell that Bull SHit which is just that Bull Shit
    Go Birds!!!!
    It wasnt the right move,but at least he gave his team a chance. And dont say thats what beliechk was doing cause thats not the case. if the d dosent allow 2 1st downs against dallas then we would have still had a chance to drive. But to go for it on a 4th down on YOUR OWN 28 with Peyton Manning licking his chops is nuts. Reid gave his d which played great all game a chance to stop Dallas. Unfortunately they didnt stop them and lost. Beliechk had NO confidence in his D and will try and sell that Bull SHit which is just that Bull Shit

(the quote function, it's not tough to figure out.)

You say Belichick had no confidence in his D ... well, wouldn't you have more confidence in your offense if you were him?

The Patriots had run up over 400 yards of offense during the gmae ... they needed two to seal the victory.

• 4 minutes and change means nothing when you have no times outs. all Dallas needed was one first down and they could run the clock out.

I cant even argue with u. Its pointless since u have no concept of reality.[/quote]

AGAIN, I said, I prefer the Pats to punt in that situation tonight, it's just not as clear cut a decision as it seems.[/quote]
    It wasnt the right move,but at least he gave his team a chance. And dont say thats what beliechk was doing cause thats not the case. if the d dosent allow 2 1st downs against dallas then we would have still had a chance to drive. But to go for it on a 4th down on YOUR OWN 28 with Peyton Manning licking his chops is nuts. Reid gave his d which played great all game a chance to stop Dallas. Unfortunately they didnt stop them and lost. Beliechk had NO confidence in his D and will try and sell that Bull SHit which is just that Bull Shit[/quote]
    dude.. 2 yards and the game is over.. belicheck gambled and lost.. it's part of sports.. forget about it and focus on the jets.

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    how about I passed out during half time? with no alcohol?

I can't even chime in on any of it since I've only seen what the media is playing....which would make my judgement clouded further than it probably already is.

going back to Farve and the Jets last year....the play that put the final nail in the coffin for us to get into playoffs. 4th and 4 on their own 20; 2 minutes and change left with 2 time outs. Farve goes for it, which I didn't think was a HORRIBLE move. What I thought was crap was the fact he throws a long bomb for 20+ yards (which was incomplete) when he only needed 4 FUCKING YARDS! From what I've seen of the media coverage, it appeared the Pats were attempting to get the 2+yards they needed to seal the game.

oh well...onward to next week.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • As an outsider who hates both team the blame goes to the Pats defense. How about they not give up 21 points in the last 12 minutes and maybe the Pats win. Everyone can analyze every play nut if you step back and look and see the big 21 in the 4th, that's the one that hurts. Please don"t blame the refs. Shitty calls always even themselves out.

Oh yeah, you really have to punt there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    As an outsider who hates both team the blame goes to the Pats defense. How about they not give up 21 points in the last 12 minutes and maybe the Pats win. Everyone can analyze every play nut if you step back and look and see the big 21 in the 4th, that's the one that hurts. Please don"t blame the refs. Shitty calls always even themselves out.

Oh yeah, you really have to punt there.

agreed on the D. Defense wins it.....always does.

again...I cannot truly chime in regarding punting or going for it....I was checking my eyelids for leaks during the entire 2nd half. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Wait a minute, are people actually defending the 4th and 2 play? lol...my favorite comparison so far-'it's a dumb decision only a panicked pimple faced teenager would make while playing Madden.'
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • you know...as bad as the Colts played and as good as the Pats were playing I can't believe the Colts came away with a win

thanks Belichick you retarded asshole!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana